Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Surfing Turtle posted:

Oh man I am ordering this then. I wasn't even expecting it all to fit so if I have to keep the helmet outside I can deal. I probably looked weird trying to get through the turn style with my duffel and my sticks.

Playing hockey is all about looking cool. If you're rocking a backpack, you're going to need some really sweet gloves and socks to counteract that.1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Melting the end of a lace to fix it made my kids think I was a miracle worker this season.

gigabitnokie
Dec 2, 2008
Clear sock tape, barely enough to go around the lace once, works pretty well too if you're without a flame.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
Those are all good tips. I ended up buying some laces with molded tips, the only one's that they had in my size were red, so they should last forever, because they look awful.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shrink tubing works too!

coldwind
Apr 8, 2007

Don't worry, Tyler Myers is holding it for you...

Aniki posted:

Are there any skate laces on the market that either have a metal sleeve at the end of the lace or at least has a plastic sleeve that doesn't break after a couple of weeks? I've just been using the standard waxed A&R (?) laces and I'm sick of the sleeve breaking and rendering the laces useless.
Yes, metal aglets on skate laces do exist. Gorilla Laces.

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"
Finally figuring out stopping lol. I can now awkwardly do some variation of the pizza at gliding speed and only fall on my rear end 1/10 times.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

coldwind posted:

Yes, metal aglets on skate laces do exist. Gorilla Laces.

I looked for those when I was at the hockey ahop today, but they didn't have them. I ended up buying a brand called Howies, they were unwaxed, but had a molded tip, which doesn't seem prone to breaking like the plastic aglets did. I'm now 1-0 wearing the clown colored skate laces.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Aniki posted:

I looked for those when I was at the hockey ahop today, but they didn't have them. I ended up buying a brand called Howies, they were unwaxed, but had a molded tip, which doesn't seem prone to breaking like the plastic aglets did. I'm now 1-0 wearing the clown colored skate laces.

I havent had aglet problems in the last few years at all, and I pull out my top two lace holes after every skate. I'm pretty sure it's due to the molded tip on the waxed laces I buy.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Molded tip is the way to go.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Only had 7 skaters today and one of them got himself thrown out in the first 7 minutes. Holy poo poo I'm tired. Despite being up 3-1 in the 3rd and having 13 skaters the other team was bitching a lot and playing pretty chippy. They ran our goalie and one of them got a 10 min misconduct for throwing his stick at the bench.

edit: Our player got tossed for getting 3 minor penalties, which is the league rule, but the 3rd penalty was an unsportsmanlike for slamming the penalty box door, which was a pretty dick move from the ref since we had so few skaters.

Thufir fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 11, 2011

StyleFresh
Jan 12, 2004

Went to play pickup last night, first time with a stick on the ice in 5 years! It was a pickup run by a guy that rents the ice, he signals line changes between the 3 lines every 2 minutes with the puck played where it is (two subs staying on for line three, not enough bros). I was always a good skater and it seems to have never left but drat I was struggling to move my legs at the end of a few of our shifts and had to pass on a few of the sub shifts out of exhaustion. Time to hit the stairmaster! I flubbed a breakaway because my legs were just dead where they stood. It was super frustrating but it didn't take away from the fun too much, kinda get that second wind when you jump on but it only lasts so long.

Ended the night with 4 assists and a goal - setting people up for goals has always been a rush for me, was glad to feel that again and got a few compliments on my passing and stickhandling!

One thing I need to fix before next time.. my helmet was giving me a pulsing headache throughout the night and I had to take it off on the bench between shifts, was probably exacerbated by my lack of energy from my keto diet, I need to start reintegrating carbs once I lose my last couple pounds. Anyway, someone tossed me a screwdriver and I adjusted it but it seemed to not go any wider, it's one of those old Bauer 4500s.

Afterwards? Hot dogs and beer, tailgating at midnight in the parking lot. I miss you, hockey.

StyleFresh fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 11, 2011

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
The other team we played tonight didn't have a goalie so we decided we'd borrow one from one of teams playing before us. It was a girl. She was both really good and really hot. I did not know these things existed.

She stopped me on 4 breakaways but I still scored 5, I don't know if I get to keep my penis or not.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

StyleFresh posted:

Went to play pickup last night, first time with a stick on the ice in 5 years! It was a pickup run by a guy that rents the ice, he signals line changes between the 3 lines every 2 minutes with the puck played where it is (two subs staying on for line three, not enough bros). I was always a good skater and it seems to have never left but drat I was struggling to move my legs at the end of a few of our shifts and had to pass on a few of the sub shifts out of exhaustion. Time to hit the stairmaster! I flubbed a breakaway because my legs were just dead where they stood. It was super frustrating but it didn't take away from the fun too much, kinda get that second wind when you jump on but it only lasts so long.

Ended the night with 4 assists and a goal - setting people up for goals has always been a rush for me, was glad to feel that again and got a few compliments on my passing and stickhandling!

One thing I need to fix before next time.. my helmet was giving me a pulsing headache throughout the night and I had to take it off on the bench between shifts, was probably exacerbated by my lack of energy from my keto diet, I need to start reintegrating carbs once I lose my last couple pounds. Anyway, someone tossed me a screwdriver and I adjusted it but it seemed to not go any wider, it's one of those old Bauer 4500s.

Afterwards? Hot dogs and beer, tailgating at midnight in the parking lot. I miss you, hockey.

Those headpulsing headaches can also be caused by dehydration

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

The other team we played tonight didn't have a goalie so we decided we'd borrow one from one of teams playing before us. It was a girl. She was both really good and really hot. I did not know these things existed.

She stopped me on 4 breakaways but I still scored 5, I don't know if I get to keep my penis or not.

You scored on her five times bro, you definitely get to keep it :whatup:

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

bewbies posted:

Pics or it didnt happen.

It wouldn't happen to be Mahnon Rheume would it? I had such a boner for her when I was younger.

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07

bewbies posted:

There are a few girls in my league right now and they are pretty vicious players. I think they know they can get away with being chipy because no guy in their right mind would ever touch them.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

... I got my 4th hatty of the season last night.... with my bumblebee gloves taking their maiden voyage!

This is getting pretty absurd. I either get nothing or score 3, all season long. It's not like I'm sandbagging my league either. I'm not even that great of a skater. In fact, after my second goal I crashed into the boards behind the net and fell over. That had to look hilarious and I'd love to see the video on that.

That said, all of our lines have really awesome chemistry at this point in the season. It feels great when all 3 forwards click and know where they're going to be at any given moment.

Last night was probably one of the best games we've ever played and the passing was just beautiful. I picked up a short-handed (:smug:) assist off a breakaway from fore-checking their D. I knocked a pass behind their D, chased it down and went in alone. I was going to put a move on the goalie but saw my left wing streaking in out of the corner of my eye. I pulled it back like I was going to shoot it short side, but laced a pass cross-crease at the last second and my winger banged it in. One of the best goals I've been a part of.

I almost picked up a goal on an empty-netter slapshot that I actually connected with. It was literally the first slapper I've attempted in a game that didn't result in either A) sputtering off to the side weakly or B) completely swung and missed (this is usually what happens). Their goalie made a save way outside the crease and was having a hard time recovering. I was coming in across the blue line when the puck squirted straight to me. Seeing the open net I slapped it as hard as I could and holy poo poo it actually went straight at the net about a foot off the ground. One of their cockblocking D-men raced in and slid feet-first across the goal-line and blocked it with his shinguard. I gotta say, that was a beautiful play by him.

On another tangent, I switched to the Bauer Stamkos PM9 blade a month or two ago, mainly because of the 5 lie. It's helped my slapper a ton and my stick tape wears completely even now. But because it's not as open as my old Backstrom, I can't lift shots for poo poo anymore, especially 1-timer wristers.

Looking at Bauer blade charts on Hockey Monkey, it says the P92 Backstrom comes in a lie 5 or 6, but when trying to add to cart, it doesn't specify the lie. I have this blade on my backup stick and it's definitely a lie of 6. What gives? How can I get Backstrom in a lie 5?

zinc68
Apr 26, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

... I got my 4th hatty of the season last night.... with my bumblebee gloves taking their maiden voyage!

This is getting pretty absurd. I either get nothing or score 3, all season long. It's not like I'm sandbagging my league either. I'm not even that great of a skater. In fact, after my second goal I crashed into the boards behind the net and fell over. That had to look hilarious and I'd love to see the video on that.

That said, all of our lines have really awesome chemistry at this point in the season. It feels great when all 3 forwards click and know where they're going to be at any given moment.

Last night was probably one of the best games we've ever played and the passing was just beautiful. I picked up a short-handed (:smug:) assist off a breakaway from fore-checking their D. I knocked a pass behind their D, chased it down and went in alone. I was going to put a move on the goalie but saw my left wing streaking in out of the corner of my eye. I pulled it back like I was going to shoot it short side, but laced a pass cross-crease at the last second and my winger banged it in. One of the best goals I've been a part of.

I almost picked up a goal on an empty-netter slapshot that I actually connected with. It was literally the first slapper I've attempted in a game that didn't result in either A) sputtering off to the side weakly or B) completely swung and missed (this is usually what happens). Their goalie made a save way outside the crease and was having a hard time recovering. I was coming in across the blue line when the puck squirted straight to me. Seeing the open net I slapped it as hard as I could and holy poo poo it actually went straight at the net about a foot off the ground. One of their cockblocking D-men raced in and slid feet-first across the goal-line and blocked it with his shinguard. I gotta say, that was a beautiful play by him.

On another tangent, I switched to the Bauer Stamkos PM9 blade a month or two ago, mainly because of the 5 lie. It's helped my slapper a ton and my stick tape wears completely even now. But because it's not as open as my old Backstrom, I can't lift shots for poo poo anymore, especially 1-timer wristers.

Looking at Bauer blade charts on Hockey Monkey, it says the P92 Backstrom comes in a lie 5 or 6, but when trying to add to cart, it doesn't specify the lie. I have this blade on my backup stick and it's definitely a lie of 6. What gives? How can I get Backstrom in a lie 5?

if you can't find a bauer p92 in a 5 buy a warrior Draper in lie 6 (which is the same as a bauer 5)

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Man I love playing against people who have no idea :wtf: they're doing.

I especially love it when said people then bitch when and get all in your face after you do a completely legal move.

There was a guy in the slot in front of me waiting on a centering pass, being wide open and not wanting him to score I came up behind him, lifted his stick and then cleared the puck out of the zone. It's not really my fault he put all his weight on his stick and fell over when I lifted it, but he sure as poo poo gave me hell coming up the ice. Calling me a dirty human being, a pussy, and all sorts of other things. I tried to tell him I just lifted his loving stick, to which he took offense and drilled me when I wasn't looking.

Somehow the ref thought me saying I lifted his loving stick was terrible because I got an unsportsmanlike penalty the same as he did.

It's ok though because in the end we crushed his team, and now I now next time we play them I can do the exact same type of things to get under his skin.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

real_scud posted:

Man I love playing against people who have no idea :wtf: they're doing.

I especially love it when said people then bitch when and get all in your face after you do a completely legal move.

There was a guy in the slot in front of me waiting on a centering pass, being wide open and not wanting him to score I came up behind him, lifted his stick and then cleared the puck out of the zone. It's not really my fault he put all his weight on his stick and fell over when I lifted it, but he sure as poo poo gave me hell coming up the ice. Calling me a dirty human being, a pussy, and all sorts of other things. I tried to tell him I just lifted his loving stick, to which he took offense and drilled me when I wasn't looking.

Somehow the ref thought me saying I lifted his loving stick was terrible because I got an unsportsmanlike penalty the same as he did.

It's ok though because in the end we crushed his team, and now I now next time we play them I can do the exact same type of things to get under his skin.

I hate this but I usually just ignore them. I played against a team where I kept stick-lifting and swatting their stick to dislodge the puck and they kept screaming about slashes and whatnot.

Playing hockey gives you a new respect for players who wave their stick at a puck w in the air when its an obvious high-stick or kick a puck in the net. Everytime I see them do this on TV I think "why would you even try that when you know its not going to count". Last game I tried both of these things. "Get the puck" and "put it in the net" become so ingrained into your psyche that your body just starts reacting before your brain can catch up

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
I'd follow him around away from the play and just lift his stick over and over, even if it's not on the ice.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
I say sleep with his girlfriend and complain to him about her lifting your stick.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

First night pickup session in a couple months and there was only three of us and no goalie :argh:
I got to work on my shot quite a bit though, my slapper is coming along nicely but my wrister is Jekyll and Hyde. I can rip a nice one off the cross bar or far post and then shoot a limp shot that doesn't come off the ice. I need a shooting board.

We did some one on one stuff which was fun. I pulled off a move that I had no idea I knew how to do this. I cut inside the guy held off his stick with my free hand one handed the puck to the net and then lifted a backhand into the top corner and getting a lil post *tink* as well. I have never made that shot before :aaa:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

toxicsunset posted:

Playing hockey gives you a new respect for players who wave their stick at a puck w in the air when its an obvious high-stick or kick a puck in the net. Everytime I see them do this on TV I think "why would you even try that when you know its not going to count". Last game I tried both of these things. "Get the puck" and "put it in the net" become so ingrained into your psyche that your body just starts reacting before your brain can catch up

When we were playing the all-ringer team a month ago, I was sitting backdoor unguarded. My other wing fired a wrister from the other side, it flew up in the air and it was coming down right by me. My first instinct was to punch it into the net in mid-air. I was half just loving around, but like you said, I just wanted to get the puck in the net. I know it wouldn't have counted, but since the game didn't really count, it didn't really matter.

Best part was after the goalie covered the puck, I said "oh man that would have totally counted," one of their guys made sure to get in my face and yell NO WAY BRO THAT WOULDN'T HAVE COUNTED NO WAY.

I just noticed that I have 0 penalty minutes with only 3 games left in the regular season. I really want to hip check someone just for the sake of getting a penalty :(

gigabitnokie
Dec 2, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I just noticed that I have 0 penalty minutes with only 3 games left in the regular season. I really want to hip check someone just for the sake of getting a penalty :(

Don't do that. When you have the puck, try to "make a move around someone" but just destroy them.

It's way more satisfying than catching someone with their head down.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

ManicJason posted:

I'd follow him around away from the play and just lift his stick over and over, even if it's not on the ice.

This. Just lift the fuuuuuck out of his stick every time you're near him. If you can't lift it, at least touch it with the toe of your stick.

Bonus points if you can force him to high stick someone.

Be sure to casually say things like, "God drat are you terrible at hockey. Why didn't you score just then? I would have scored. God drat are you terrible at hockey. Are you this bad at every sport or just hockey?"

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
We played our 5th game of the season last night which was miserable. The weather was reaching 90 an the humidity was about 100%. The rink was a little slick making hard accelerations and stops really sketchy. With all the heat, nobody had any gas and it was painful.

We went up early and gassed, they caught up and gained the lead. In the 2nd half we tied it up and then played tied for a while. They were getting really chippy and physical in a no checking inline league. My ankles got hacked and I received more than enough cross checks to the tailbone. I got hit with a shot trying to screen the goalie and the welt on my thigh is the size of an orange.

With about 2 minutes left in the game, I was playing D instead of forward that way we always had a good skater back to prevent a late goal. While the play was at the other end of the ice, I was in our zone nearing the mid court area when one of their players who was cherry picking downward slashed my stick out of my hands from behind in addition to hitting me. I just threw my hands up and looked at the ref with a very WTF look. Everyone started yelling, our team making sure it was a penalty and their team trying to get out of a penalty shot since every penalty results in a shot in our league. Luckily I was given the shot which I made 5 hole.

Fortunately we were able to kill off the rest of the game and squeak by with the win to remain undefeated for the season. Now I have a huge black and green/blue bruise on my leg which seems to change colors on the hour. I hope we never play a game that hot, it was miserable.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I was about to say "you should play ice :smug:," but it's scorching hot in our rinks in the summertime. On the second rink, it's perfectly normal for the ice not to completely freeze until the second period.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!
So I got that Warrior Hitman bag today. Fit all my ice stuff no problem. Mind you I am a smaller player 5'6 so my gear isn't that big but I was surprised everything fit.

poser
Jun 9, 2002

Are they booing the power play?

I was saying Boo-urns!
So the last place team has 2 wins

Both against my team:smith:

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

poser posted:

So the last place team has 2 wins

Both against my team:smith:

So you are saying your team should be last place :eng101:

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
Hey thats fun, buy brand new pair of easton S17 skates and for some reason my local rink has cancelled all public skating sessions for the week so the first time I'll get to try them is an actual game

oddIXIbbo
Feb 25, 2009

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Verman posted:

We played our 5th game of the season last night which was miserable. The weather was reaching 90 an the humidity was about 100%. The rink was a little slick making hard accelerations and stops really sketchy. With all the heat, nobody had any gas and it was painful.

We went up early and gassed, they caught up and gained the lead. In the 2nd half we tied it up and then played tied for a while. They were getting really chippy and physical in a no checking inline league. My ankles got hacked and I received more than enough cross checks to the tailbone. I got hit with a shot trying to screen the goalie and the welt on my thigh is the size of an orange.

With about 2 minutes left in the game, I was playing D instead of forward that way we always had a good skater back to prevent a late goal. While the play was at the other end of the ice, I was in our zone nearing the mid court area when one of their players who was cherry picking downward slashed my stick out of my hands from behind in addition to hitting me. I just threw my hands up and looked at the ref with a very WTF look. Everyone started yelling, our team making sure it was a penalty and their team trying to get out of a penalty shot since every penalty results in a shot in our league. Luckily I was given the shot which I made 5 hole.

Fortunately we were able to kill off the rest of the game and squeak by with the win to remain undefeated for the season. Now I have a huge black and green/blue bruise on my leg which seems to change colors on the hour. I hope we never play a game that hot, it was miserable.

Perhaps it is just the phrasing you used but if you're gonna stand in front of the other team's goalie, getting a few shots in the back or chops to the ankle is pretty normal, even for a non-check league, in my experience. The slot is no place for a meek person, or those easily offended.

I am also curious how someone could...
- knock the stick out of your hands,
- from behind,
- while hitting you
...if you are playing defense near center ice to prevent a late goal. I would suggest that you keep a better grip on your stick and never let the attacking forward be in a position where you can't see exactly what he is up to.

It kinda defeats the purpose of playing back there if someone is able to get behind you.

Again, it might be the phrasing you used. The situation might be completely different from what I interpret but it seems like these are pretty standard events and not dirty play.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!

oddIXIbbo posted:

Perhaps it is just the phrasing you used but if you're gonna stand in front of the other team's goalie, getting a few shots in the back or chops to the ankle is pretty normal, even for a non-check league, in my experience. The slot is no place for a meek person, or those easily offended.

I am also curious how someone could...
- knock the stick out of your hands,
- from behind,
- while hitting you
...if you are playing defense near center ice to prevent a late goal. I would suggest that you keep a better grip on your stick and never let the attacking forward be in a position where you can't see exactly what he is up to.

It kinda defeats the purpose of playing back there if someone is able to get behind you.

Again, it might be the phrasing you used. The situation might be completely different from what I interpret but it seems like these are pretty standard events and not dirty play.

The stick got slashed out of his hands from behind. This can happen why not? This doesn't mean the person was directly behind him. Maybe off to the side you do have blind sides and a forward playing defense? You know his head wasn't on a swivel.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Two hands on the stick, yo.

oddIXIbbo
Feb 25, 2009

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Surfing Turtle posted:

The stick got slashed out of his hands from behind. This can happen why not? This doesn't mean the person was directly behind him. Maybe off to the side you do have blind sides and a forward playing defense? You know his head wasn't on a swivel.

My point is simple: Playing defense means knowing where the lead attacker is and what he is doing at all times.

Losing track of the lead attacker to the point where he is able to literally relieve you of your stick is pretty poor defensive play. The post I was referring to seemed to think it was unsporting, waved his arms, and joined his teammates in an attempt to convince the referee that he was wronged. I am presenting another view. Different leagues have different interpretations of dirty play vs. making the other guy look foolish. In my league, this would probably not have resulted in a penalty, much less a penalty shot. Without seeing the incident, it is impossible to be sure.

I used to be punished if a coach was _ever_ able to knock a stick out of our hands. Didn't matter if we were standing around, during a drill, scrimmage, etc. They all lead to extra suicide skating drills.. Over the course of a season, you learned to keep two hands on your stick.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

oddIXIbbo posted:

Perhaps it is just the phrasing you used but if you're gonna stand in front of the other team's goalie, getting a few shots in the back or chops to the ankle is pretty normal

I would suggest that you keep a better grip on your stick and never let the attacking forward be in a position where you can't see exactly what he is up to.

I get what you're saying, the best way I can describe it is that we had just cleared the puck from our zone after a bit of play behind our own net. I was behind the play and slowly making my way from behind my goalie, through our defensive zone and towards mid rink.

It was a while after the play had shifted to their end of the rink, one of their players had come out of their bench (in our zone) skated around the back of our goal and hit me from behind/my right side, chopping down on my stick. I knew he was there and we were both skating towards the action, he was hustling more than I. Both hands were on my stick and we were away from everything (still near our blue line area when it happened). My team had control of the puck in their zone at the other end, I was nowhere near receiving a pass or any sort of danger for them, which is why everyone saw it as a WTF play. My biggest gripe was that it was completely unnecessary and dangerous with how hard he came down on my stick. I understand stick checking and stick lifts, Ive been playing long enough that I know stick play is part of the game. But slashing down on the shaft of a players stick who isn't part of a play is a penalty. This is all aside from the open ice hit in a no hit league. The best part was that he got in my face about it, as if I instigated something.

As for the front of the net play, I definitely understand getting roughed around standing in front of the goal, its part of the game. Typically its understood to get a few checks, leg slashes, pushes and shoves with the occasional elbow. Understandable. The only time I have problems is when someone takes a baseball swing to your ankles. I know we all see it in televised games on TV and such, but I cant imagine the feeling of hurting someone from a deliberate hack. Maybe I just have more compassion for people than some and realize its only a game, some dudes apparently just don't care. I've played in front of the net before but this was some of the more aggressive treatment I've ever received. I prefer sticking to the sides way more.

**EDIT** Using NHL rules as a reference -

61.1 Slashing:
Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not. Non-aggressive stick contact to the pant or front of the shin pads, should not be penalized as slashing. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent’s body, the opponent’s stick, or on or near the opponent’s hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26353

Verman fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 14, 2011

poser
Jun 9, 2002

Are they booing the power play?

I was saying Boo-urns!
How the gently caress do I respond to this:

Mike,

Just letting you know that you're suspended for the game on Saturday..

poser

-------

that's loving bull poo poo, but thanks for letting me know. I still have no clue why I was ejected from Tuesday's game let alone now the next one. Please challenge that or at minimum find out WHY for me.

poser, please keep this between you and I and don't take it negatively but when I signed up, you told me I'd get to play center forward. I'm not complaining as do want to be a team player (and will play rear position if and when needed and also don't mind wing if other folks are at center) but part of the reason I got ejected for the game Tues. was I was getting tired of watching the opponents players skate all around and through our team and no one challenging them. Again, while I could barely understand them ejecting me for the game Tues, to now be out on Sat is a bunch of crap. On top of that I feel like some of the players on our team (won't mention any names), all they care about is their ice time, not playing as a team to win the games.

I know winning isn't everything and I'll admit I'm not the greatest either, but to have Kyle always getting the call for center and then him double shifting last game, I would sincerely appreciate the opp. ON OCCASION to show what I can do. When I politely requested to skate with XXX you told me I had to "earn it". I have a total of 3 pts all season and it's difficult to contribute more when I'm on a set of 3 wings and 2 centers are double shifting EVERY TIME we have less than 3 full lines of forwards...

Can't say I'm super happy but at the same time haven't been wanting to approach you as 1) I like you personally, 2) enjoy playing, and 3) was hoping to stick with this team moving forward..

Lastly, I paid good money to play and to be out for the next game when the opponent punched me in the head 2 times and I did nothing, well, it's hosed up and you should challenge it.

Let me know if you want me to keep coming after this Sat.'s game, because if not, I'll just stop coming and join another team next season as tired of constantly having to press to be considered an integral part of the team.

Mike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I presume your league has a rule that an ejection automatically gets you a one-game suspension, n'est pas?

Also, you should tell him to find another team. For ten reasons. They should all be obvious.