Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Anybody run into this using the built in RSS processing and nzb.su? Other rss feeds work fine.

quote:

Failed to retrieve RSS from http://nzb.su/rss?rage=xxxxx&dl=1&i=xxxx&r=MYUSERID: text/html is not an XML media type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

inpheaux posted:

If you have a backup server SABnzbd will only use it if an article fails to download on one of your primary servers.

So it will automatically just grab the broken bits from the secondary/backup server? That's pretty cool.

duz posted:

That's really weird since they're the same servers. I wonder if your route to supernews or their connection went flakey during that time.

Are they still a GN reseller? I noticed in the upgrade email there was a line about them owning their own servers.

Straithate
Sep 11, 2001

Bow before the might of the Clarkson!
Not sure what is going on, but nzbs.org at least has a tab before the first line in all of their nzb files so sabnzbd will not recognize it and instead will throw this error: (reason=XML or text declaration not at start of entity, line=1). If you go in and manually remove the space, it will download fine.

Straithate fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 9, 2011

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Shroomie posted:

So it will automatically just grab the broken bits from the secondary/backup server? That's pretty cool.
Has to be Backup server. For non-backup servers, SABnzbd just sends stuff to the pool of active non-backup servers with an even distribution. If you have, for instance:

1) Giganews (not backup)
2) Astraweb (not backup)
3) Blocknews (backup)

Posts will be evenly distributed between Giganews / Astraweb. If one fails on Astraweb, it will NOT be tried on Giganews. It will go to Blocknews and if it fails there it will just fail outright.

Shroomie posted:

Are they still a GN reseller? I noticed in the upgrade email there was a line about them owning their own servers.
Supernews isn't a GN reseller, they're a GN sub-brand. So the "they" talking is the parent company of both Giganews and Supernews. So yes, technically "they" own their own servers.

inpheaux fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 10, 2011

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

inpheaux posted:

Has to be Backup server. For non-backup servers, SABnzbd just sends stuff to the pool of active non-backup servers with an even distribution. If you have, for instance:

1) Giganews (not backup)
2) Astraweb (not backup)
3) Blocknews (backup)

Posts will be evenly distributed between Giganews / Astraweb. If one fails on Astraweb, it will NOT be tried on Giganews. It will go to Blocknews and if it fails there it will just fail outright.

Well poo poo, all this time and I never knew that. I guess I'll have to buy a few gigs from BlockNews.

quote:

Supernews isn't a GN reseller, they're a GN sub-brand. So the "they" talking is the parent company of both Giganews and Supernews. So yes, technically "they" own their own servers.

Interesting. I always thought they were just a reseller.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
I just noticed that same issue on nzbs.org with nzbstatus. I can't click-to-send anything to SAB, and it won't pull the RSS feed either. On nzb.su, at least, I can download the nzb directly, and SAB catches it and downloads it fine. I haven't updated any software on my machine, did something change in the last few days with nzbs.org?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

PitViper posted:

I just noticed that same issue on nzbs.org with nzbstatus. I can't click-to-send anything to SAB, and it won't pull the RSS feed either. On nzb.su, at least, I can download the nzb directly, and SAB catches it and downloads it fine. I haven't updated any software on my machine, did something change in the last few days with nzbs.org?

Seems to be working fine for me. Make sure all your data in nzbstatus is right. There was an update a few weeks ago that wiped out the API key, but I'm sure you would have noticed that by now.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
So on a whim today I decided to setup nzb.su (previously was only using newzbin and nzbmatrix) and Sick Beard almost immediately found all this obscure stuff I had added when I first set it up then basically wrote off as "Yeah, this will never download." What reason is there that nzb.su would work so much better than the others? I mean don't all of the nzb services work basically the same behind the scenes?

So yeah, if you haven't yet, set up nzb.su. I was so pleased with their indexing that I tossed 'em $20.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Oh also since SuperNews upped their retention so much I decided gently caress paying extra for Giganews and cancelled within 24 hours of signing up. (I felt like kind of a jerk doing this.) Since I have the rest of the month with Giganews anyway I decided to set it up as a backup server just for the sake of curiosity. Also, I threw blocknews a couple bucks as part of this experiment.

Today's transfer:

news-europe.giganews.com (backup): 3 M
news.eu.supernews.com (backup): 0
news.giganews.com (backup): 774 K
news.supernews.com (primary): 54.4 G
usnews.blocknews.net (backup): 3 M

How does sabnzbd decide to download what from where of your backup servers? The order above is the order that they appear in the server config portion of sabnzbd. I kind of figured it would just try news-europe.giganews.com since it's the first backup server listed, but I'm totally puzzled as to why it seems to be using 3 of the 4 backup servers, each for a tiny amount of data... Even more confusing is the seemingly different use of both giganews US -and- Europe since you'd think that both servers would have the same content? I mean nothing I'm downloading is particularly new or old, so you'd think every server would have it.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

io_burn posted:

So on a whim today I decided to setup nzb.su (previously was only using newzbin and nzbmatrix) and Sick Beard almost immediately found all this obscure stuff I had added when I first set it up then basically wrote off as "Yeah, this will never download." What reason is there that nzb.su would work so much better than the others? I mean don't all of the nzb services work basically the same behind the scenes?

So yeah, if you haven't yet, set up nzb.su. I was so pleased with their indexing that I tossed 'em $20.

That's pretty funny considering I went and checked out nzbmatrix (I've only ever used nzb.su, I wish I could get an account at nzbds.org) and managed to find some obscure things I've been trying to find for months to no avail.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Corbet posted:

That's pretty funny considering I went and checked out nzbmatrix (I've only ever used nzb.su, I wish I could get an account at nzbds.org) and managed to find some obscure things I've been trying to find for months to no avail.

NZBMatrix relies on user submissions like Newzbin, this means it'll get stuff the automated scrapers won't because it's named ASLSJAGLKASGH.ARJ and it's actually whatever it is you're looking for.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Can anyone remind me how to have SAB sort downloads by apps/movies/TV/etc? The folders are there and I just reinstalled SAB but I can't seem to find the sorting method. I'm able to see where it does TV sorting but I'm thinking more lower level stuff, as in just the apps/movies/anime/misc/books/whatever else section. I even tried NZB Status but it shows an asterisk next to each of them.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Godinster posted:

Can anyone remind me how to have SAB sort downloads by apps/movies/TV/etc? The folders are there and I just reinstalled SAB but I can't seem to find the sorting method. I'm able to see where it does TV sorting but I'm thinking more lower level stuff, as in just the apps/movies/anime/misc/books/whatever else section. I even tried NZB Status but it shows an asterisk next to each of them.

The categories section? Just hit categories and you can create your own there, define the folders where they go and whatnot. If you mean by keywords from nzb providers then you do need nzbdstatus for that.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

The Gunslinger posted:

The categories section? Just hit categories and you can create your own there, define the folders where they go and whatnot. If you mean by keywords from nzb providers then you do need nzbdstatus for that.

Yeah it seems like categories are correct but in the previous version I had, it was all filled out and I just had to turn it on.

Posts Only Secrets
Jan 22, 2005
Breaking the NDA...
They took the default list of categories out of the newest builds. Now its up to you to make your own. Remember, they are CaSe-SeNsItIvE. (Don't know why I still do that, it just drives the point home more.)

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Posts Only Secrets posted:

They took the default list of categories out of the newest builds. Now its up to you to make your own. Remember, they are CaSe-SeNsItIvE. (Don't know why I still do that, it just drives the point home more.)

Any idea what the last version was where the list was in? I'll just uninstall, install that version and then upgrade. Thanks for the info

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Godinster posted:

Any idea what the last version was where the list was in? I'll just uninstall, install that version and then upgrade. Thanks for the info

They were in 0.5.6, but when I upgraded to 0.6, they weren't there any more. It's not that hard to re-create them, and then you can make them work with your favorite NZB provider.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

io_burn posted:

Interestingly enough, I was looking for some stuff on nzbs.org and decided to check out one of the sites it suggests when it can't find something, MysterBin. Not only did I find what I was looking for (and with less missing PAR blocks than the equivalent nzb from nzbs.org, strangely), they actually have a feature I haven't seen on any other indexer: it actually searches inside RARs and poo poo instead of just matching on post titles. This cuts down on spam hits considerably (tell it to filter out *.exe) and also incorrectly labeled/purposely mislabled things. I'd definitely give it a shot if you're having trouble finding something.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

amf5 posted:

feature I haven't seen on any other indexer: it actually searches inside RARs

newznab/nzb.su does this as well and additionally has thumbnail previews of video media :cool:

edit: nevermind, realized you were talking about the actual "search" function

paradigmm fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 11, 2011

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

paradigmm posted:

newznab/nzb.su does this as well and additionally has thumbnail previews of video media :cool:

Yeah, I can't really wrap my head around how that works without them actually downloading everything first :psypop:

Newznab has to have someone add poo poo to whatever it already has indexed, right?

IanMalcolm
Jan 22, 2010
I just found out about headphones (https://github.com/rembo10/headphones) and it has everything to be pretty awesome.

If only I had something like that, but for comic books...

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

amf5 posted:

Yeah, I can't really wrap my head around how that works without them actually downloading everything first :psypop:

Newznab has to have someone add poo poo to whatever it already has indexed, right?

no the image previews are totally automated, it just grabs a little bit of the first rar and uses ffmpeg or something to pull the deal

newznab also does password checking, so anything on there from the past 6 months or so should not be passworded

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Does it do password checking on nested archives?

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I want to install SABnzbd 0.6.5 on my FreeNAS (version .69) box but I have no idea of how to. I found a tutorial on installing SABnzbd 0.4.3 and followed it but I can't get sabnzbd to configure the blocknews server. Does anybody know how to install SABnzbd 0.6.5 on FreeNAS? I have the python source for 0.6.5 from the website but FreeNAS won't let me pkg_add it. I think I need a .tbz of whatever is in the .tar of the python source. I'm also new to FreeBSD so I could totally not be making any sense.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
$50/1TB non-expiring at newsgroupdirect.com today.
Could be worth a look if your primary isn't in the Highwinds family. Check.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Hogburto posted:

$50/1TB non-expiring at newsgroupdirect.com today.
Could be worth a look if your primary isn't in the Highwinds family. Check.

highwinds completion is like a fishing net.....full of holes.

Crossbar
Jun 16, 2002
Chronic Lurker

paradigmm posted:

I must be dumb because I can't figure out where to see the previews.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I need a llittle help. Is is possible to have SABnzbd configured to be accessed by both in-network computers (I have this set up now for access through my wifi tablet) AND out-of-network computers at the same time? I going to be travelling for a bit, but ill have internet access while I'm on the road.

If not, how can I configure external access for while I'm gone?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Aatrek posted:

I need a llittle help. Is is possible to have SABnzbd configured to be accessed by both in-network computers (I have this set up now for access through my wifi tablet) AND out-of-network computers at the same time? I going to be travelling for a bit, but ill have internet access while I'm on the road.

If not, how can I configure external access for while I'm gone?

I think I already explained this in the Android App thread, but all you have to do is forward port 8080 (or whatever port is listed on the general settings page in SAB) in your router and give SAB a username and password on that same page. Then you should still be able to connect locally with localhost, and connect externally with your external ip address (https://www.whatismyip.com). You'd set up Sab Sheep with your ip/post (ex. 123.456.789.100:8080) and your API key from the general settings page.

edit: on the general settings page, I have Host set to 0.0.0.0. I don't know if that is important to this process or not.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I think I already explained this in the Android App thread, but all you have to do is forward port 8080 (or whatever port is listed on the general settings page in SAB) in your router and give SAB a username and password on that same page. Then you should still be able to connect locally with localhost, and connect externally with your external ip address (https://www.whatismyip.com). You'd set up Sab Sheep with your ip/post (ex. 123.456.789.100:8080) and your API key from the general settings page.

edit: on the general settings page, I have Host set to 0.0.0.0. I don't know if that is important to this process or not.

Some routers also allow you to do DNS redirections on the LAN side. dd-wrt, for example, resolves my external address (whatever.serveftp.net) to it's internal address (192.168.1.5) when I'm connected to my LAN. Outside of the network it resolves to the external IP. This lets me run things like myNZB on my iPhone and it'll work no matter where I am (it also works with bookmarks for stuff like CouchPotato and Sickbeard).

It might be worth looking into if your router supports it (for dd-wrt I had to enable "dnsmasq" and configure an additional option like "address=/whatever.serveftp.net/192.168.1.5"). I know m0n0wall and pfSense has this feature as well.

scopophilia
Aug 11, 2004

Not a man to be trifled with.

zalmoxes posted:

Is there something I can do to get less "Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (1785 short) " type of downloads?

I've been using private trackers for a long time and I signed up for supernews today and half the time I either get rars with spam or this error. Is it always a hit or miss or can I do something to filter things out?

Bringing this question back from page 5. I've found having the option "Ignore Samples" set to "Don't Download" has led to a lot of repair errors. I instead have it set to "Delete After Download" now and don't have any problems.

Also, I've been shopping for a NAS recently and I'm just curious what processing times are like for SAB and SB. I know the processors in those off-the-shelf NASes aren't great. Are we talking 5-10 minutes to unrar a 1.4GB file?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

EC posted:

Some routers also allow you to do DNS redirections on the LAN side. dd-wrt, for example, resolves my external address (whatever.serveftp.net) to it's internal address (192.168.1.5) when I'm connected to my LAN. Outside of the network it resolves to the external IP. This lets me run things like myNZB on my iPhone and it'll work no matter where I am (it also works with bookmarks for stuff like CouchPotato and Sickbeard).

It might be worth looking into if your router supports it (for dd-wrt I had to enable "dnsmasq" and configure an additional option like "address=/whatever.serveftp.net/192.168.1.5"). I know m0n0wall and pfSense has this feature as well.

Yes. This is what I do.

I have an dynamic dns with dyndns.org and all my devices whether they are on my home network or away just use "whatupholmes.dyndns-host.com:8080".

I believe this feature is generally called NAT Loopback.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

Yes. This is what I do.

I have an dynamic dns with dyndns.org and all my devices whether they are on my home network or away just use "whatupholmes.dyndns-host.com:8080".

I've got it set up the same way too. You're absolutely correct, if you're home router has loopback, then your dyndns address will work both at home and away.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Deleting samples after download hardly ever works for me :(

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

Yes. This is what I do.

I didn't realize that dyndns is free. I'll have to look into it.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I've had my ports forwarded for sab/sb/cp for a while now, and using their built in user/password options as the only security. Is there any other common place security measures people are using or is the next level of security going to involve ssh /a vpn?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Well, I think I got it. I guess I'll just always have the mobile app send to the external IP since I don't know how to make it decide between the two IPs.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 13, 2011

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Aatrek posted:

I have a Verizon FIOS router, and I'm staring at the port forwarding screen and my eyes are glazing over. I've got no idea how to set this up to forward the way you describe.

Do I choose TCP or UDP?

TCP.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Heads up: Couch Potato now supports Twitter. I've got a private account for both it and Sick Beard now, and it's just awesome how well it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Aatrek posted:

Well, I think I got it. I guess I'll just always have the mobile app send to the external IP since I don't know how to make it decide between the two IPs.

There's no reason not to always have the mobile app send to your external IP. Sab Sheep doesn't seem to have a user selectable refresh rate so using internal IP wouldn't really speed anything up.