Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

SamBishop posted:

I hate both of you so much for having to look this up. Everything about it gives me a full body shiver.

WHAT THE gently caress AHHHHHHHHH

I don't know what it is, I don't care what it is, I just want this loving commercial off my goddamn TV.

Oh, man, I have no idea how to properly react to that besides AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Dammit, Sam.

vyst posted:

Someone in the sports subforum has that Ovetchkin laugh as an avatar gif and it cracks me up every time. Nice to see the original commercial.

That's mcvey, and I'm very glad he got it because it brightens my day every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

SamBishop posted:

I hate both of you so much for having to look this up. Everything about it gives me a full body shiver.

I don't know what it is, I don't care what it is, I just want this loving commercial off my goddamn TV.

The only thing I can think of is it's some kind of energy thing? He's too tired to walk the dog? Having said that, JESUS CHRIST gently caress :suicide:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

SamBishop posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo that was so much worse than I could have ever imagined. I thought it would be something like the french furry Orangina ad, but no, that travesty has been dethroned.

I bet it was made by a film school graduate lashing out at the commercial culture that employs them in a Bamboozled-esque ploy to stick one to the man and/or get thrown out of the business. Look at the camera angles, the image quality, the sound effects, the humiliating/scatological details, the over-direction...a lot of professional frustration went into this commercial for stain-and-scent remover (?).

That explanation - that this commercial was made to punish us for watching it - somehow makes it better for me. By which I mean, I can't stop laughing at how awful it is.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

TontoCorazon posted:

Holy poo poo I'm really getting annoyed by that drat sprint (?) ad that tries to tout how productive it is but
Keeps on saying to play loving angry birds. And not just once but like 3 loving times on the same drat commercial.

I actually chuckled at the commercial the first time I saw it because I interpreted it as "we know all you dumb fuckers just want to play angry birds, so our phone will do all the important poo poo for you and you can get back to your meaningless existence!" But that's probably not how they meant it, and to be fair, although it took a lot of ten minute "gently caress it what else am I going to do" periods, I actually have three stars on all the angry birds levels. :(

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SamBishop posted:

I don't know what it is, I don't care what it is, I just want this loving commercial off my goddamn TV.perfect.

They show this on TV??

This pretty much says it all for me:

quote:

As Seen On:
What The Christ?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

They show this on TV??

Every goddamn night on Comedy Central :gonk:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Maybe it's a hilarious ARG, and we're just to scared to search for the fake product's website.

I'll take whatever rationalization I can get.

jtsold
Jul 6, 2004
dlostj

Doc Hawkins posted:

Maybe it's a hilarious ARG, and we're just to scared to search for the fake product's website.

I'll take whatever rationalization I can get.
I hate that ad on so many levels, and I've taken a principled stand against looking to find out what it is, because it doesn't say what the product/service is. gently caress you, I'm not curious what your disgusting ad is selling.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It's not a TV ad but I am honestly annoyed that they already have 'Back to School' poo poo up in stores. It's the second week of July you bastards!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's not a TV ad but I am honestly annoyed that they already have 'Back to School' poo poo up in stores. It's the second week of July you bastards!

Funny you should mention that, I just saw this stupid loving Mini-Wheats commercial, which is the exact same as the one from last year except the stupid loving mini-wheats are wearing 2011 glasses instead of 2010.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Are they re-releasing the DVD? I love Rodney Dangerfield.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Schools around here start back August 2nd, so I'd say they're right on schedule.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Every goddamn night on Comedy Central :gonk:

Really? Huh...I watch CC almost every night and haven't seen it...though maybe it's only during TDS/Colbert, I go to bed before then and catch reruns the next day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

After midnight Eastern time CC's ads get all pervy and weird.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Athenry posted:

Schools around here start back August 2nd, so I'd say they're right on schedule.

In the civilized part of the country I live in most grade schools don't go back until early September and colleges typically don't start until mid-August at the earliest. Give the kids some time to enjoy their summers before they are forced to grow up is all I'm saying.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

muscles like this? posted:

After midnight Eastern time CC's ads get all pervy and weird.

All Girls Gone Wild, all the time.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

In the civilized part of the country I live in most grade schools don't go back until early September and colleges typically don't start until mid-August at the earliest. Give the kids some time to enjoy their summers before they are forced to grow up is all I'm saying.

Yeah but kids aren't the ones buying the stuff and I doubt spending one afternoon with mom to get binders and a ruler is going to destroy summer vacation.

Also there was this just a year or two ago and it was great

Clamknuckle posted:

Are they re-releasing the DVD? I love Rodney Dangerfield.

hahahaha

DJExile fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 14, 2011

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I hate this Lowe's Ad, its so stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35DucgYOMq0

It makes me laugh though because I imagine that immediately after the commercial the old man just asks the young couple, "So uhhh can I come live with you guys now? What's the deal?"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SamBishop posted:

What are they even trying to advertising? I would google it, but I'm not even sure I want to know. :gonk:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Electric Phantasm posted:

What are they even trying to advertising? I would google it, but I'm not even sure I want to know. :gonk:

Enzymatic pet stain cleaner, which is a product I purchase regularly and I try different brands most every time. I won't be trying this though so if that was their intention, good job.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 14, 2011

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Oh God, there's a second one with a "cat"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPefoXW0T4Q&NR=1

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ASPCA needs to get off my TV. It's not enough that their commercials are tragic, it's also that they're typically a minute long. One of them even says, "If you are disturbed by the images you see here, call now." Don't blackmail me.

Bliggers- posted:

My favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA-okJmri2o

Alex Ovechkin is pretty goddamn funny in nearly anything you put him in though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFZ-cbDPaaM&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKTvD3LRSLs
I'm partial to the ones with the New Jersey Devils mascot, because they're my hockey team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTnfz-F8KE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NsUgLOzVWQ

SamBishop posted:

You can't tell me that this wasn't made to appeal to furries.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Y-Hat posted:

You can't tell me that this wasn't made to appeal to furries.

If you mean appeal to he commerical director, who is a furry, then yes.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Atasi posted:

Enzymatic pet stain cleaner, which is a product I purchase regularly and I try different brands most every time. I won't be trying this though so if that was their intention, good job.

Between this post, your avatar and Y-Hat's rant re: ASPCA I'm loving cracking up over here.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh God, there's a second one with a "cat"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPefoXW0T4Q&NR=1

The pet stain cleaner ad you won't believe!

Tonight on What The gently caress Did I Just Watch!?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

SpacePig posted:

All Girls Gone Wild, all the time.

Speaking of these, if you were one of the girls in the videos, wouldn't you be mad if you were the one girl in the commercials whose tits get censored by "MONEY BACK GUARANTEE" instead of "SO HOT" or whatever?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ALFbrot posted:

Speaking of these, if you were one of the girls in the videos, wouldn't you be mad if you were the one girl in the commercials whose tits get censored by "MONEY BACK GUARANTEE" instead of "SO HOT" or whatever?

What if you were parents of the girl with the MONEY BACK GUARANTEE?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

ALFbrot posted:

I think I'd be OK with it if the "MONEY BACK GUARANTEE" thing also had a ~boioioioioing~ sound effect, or maybe a slide whistle.

e: I am a dude, though, so I can't really say what I'd do in that situation, since it'd never happen.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

This glorious magnum opus has been on our local ESPN radio station for some time.

The video doesn't do it justice, as it repeats twice.

jtsold
Jul 6, 2004
dlostj

Cup of Hemlock posted:

This glorious magnum opus has been on our local ESPN radio station for some time.

The video doesn't do it justice, as it repeats twice.
They play that on the radio and spell cars with a K?? Do they really WANT people to call?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

They show this on TV??

This pretty much says it all for me:

Seeing that made me go from :gonk: to a pretty hefty belly laugh.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
For some reason I am not nearly as bothered by spiderphone as the rest of this thread. For me, it's the third time he hits it with the shoe that always makes me laugh. It's just so ridiculous and excessive that it somehow manages to work, at least for me.

Mango pineapple is pretty godawful though, as are all these weird-assed things you guys are posting that I'm really glad I never actually see on TV.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I see this all the time watching the DIY network:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueuiYm3FzJo

Clearly he should have been using the money he saved keeping his house two degrees warmer on his psychiatric medication, that way he wouldn't be spending it to repair the damage he did to his house.

Jonny Angel posted:

Mango pineapple is pretty godawful though

You're out of your goddamned mind, the mango pineapple smoothie is the only good thing McDonalds has done in years.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

The subway ad with the firefighters that have children's voices dubbed over just doesn't make sense. Why did they have them talk like kids? It doesnt add anything to the joke!

I just saw a ad for a new A&E series, American Hoggers....:ughh:

Kanish fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 19, 2011

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am still infuriated when ever I see a ad for a pickup truck. They still maintain the fiction that these are real trucks for real men with real jobs and show them towing giant stone blocks, or carrying the engine for a battleship.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The Five-Hour Energy ad with the chick who is all pissed off that her husband/bf/screw-toy now gets up in the morning to exercise with her mystifies me. Why is she so pissed off that he now wants to work out with her?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

skaboomizzy posted:

The Five-Hour Energy ad with the chick who is all pissed off that her husband/bf/screw-toy now gets up in the morning to exercise with her mystifies me. Why is she so pissed off that he now wants to work out with her?

The same reason that the previously posted Klondike ad is supposed to be funny, apparently straight couples hate each other and want to spend as little time together as possible.

Tunnelman
Feb 28, 2010

aaag air flow

Atasi posted:

The same reason that the previously posted Klondike ad is supposed to be funny, apparently straight couples hate each other and want to spend as little time together as possible.

The next big thing in advertising will be incredibly happy gay couples.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I am still infuriated when ever I see a ad for a pickup truck. They still maintain the fiction that these are real trucks for real men with real jobs and show them towing giant stone blocks, or carrying the engine for a battleship.

Every ad is going to exaggerate claims though. It's really not any different from showing a hybrid driving a crazy amount of miles or a sports model doing figure-8s in the Salt Flats even though nobody's ever going to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

raditts posted:

You're out of your goddamned mind, the mango pineapple smoothie is the only good thing McDonalds has done in years.

I think he may be talking about, you know, the ad for it. You know, "When I say mango, you say pineapple!"