Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

This call in show today makes you realize how awkward most wrestling fans are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

call in shows are the loving worst

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Fish Of Doom posted:

This call in show today makes you realize how awkward most wrestling fans are.

Listen to the LAW sometimes. They help me realize that every single week.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Karmine posted:

Listen to the LAW sometimes. They help me realize that every single week.

And that's before they get to calls. HEY-OOO

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

And that's before they get to calls. HEY-OOO

Honestly sometimes this is true. Agnew is pretty loving stupid and full of himself sometimes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I would rather listen to 100 call in shows than Michael Schiavello. Luckily Dr Lucha will make up for all of this horror.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Karmine posted:

Honestly sometimes this is true. Agnew is pretty loving stupid and full of himself sometimes.

I stopped listening to Law after "Gentleman" Jeff Marek SOLD OUT to CBC and Hockey Night in Canada.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

I would rather listen to 100 call in shows than Michael Schiavello.

don't say things you can't take back

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Loved today's AOW.

"You're standing in my kitchen."
"Oh, I uh, didn't think anyone would notice."

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRayPer posted:

I would rather listen to 100 call in shows than Michael Schiavello. Luckily Dr Lucha will make up for all of this horror.

Just don't get what Dave sees in Schiavello.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

Loved today's AOW.

"You're standing in my kitchen."
"Oh, I uh, didn't think anyone would notice."

Chris Hero's Scott Steiner story is #1 and the best.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Who are these idiots calling into the F4W Prediction show? Jesus christ, they're all beyond goony as gently caress.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Chris Hero's Scott Steiner story is #1 and the best.

His Claudioisms at the very end were my favorite.

"Oh yeah? Yeah?! Well, nice tank top, short hair."

"Hey Chris, do you want to go get a waterlemon?"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ChampRamp posted:

Who are these idiots calling into the F4W Prediction show? Jesus christ, they're all beyond goony as gently caress.
Wrestling fans. These are our contemporaries, gentlemen. We (I) may have visions of fine cigars and Maker's Mark manhattans with sweet vermouth, dressed in suits and discussing things reasonably with one-another, but these people are our people. I went to a TNA show a couple of months back and literally eight of the ten people I talked to thought wrestling was real. Only one of them was a child. These are the real marks. The ones nobody talks about and says don't exist. Then there's the smarks, whom you've just heard.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I've literally stopped listening to the LAW just because of the callers

I can only handle so much aspergers, and the hosts certainly don't help

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I still listen to the LAW, but certainly don't mind letting it play in the background when one of their "regulars" is on.

I mostly listen to Review-a-Wai/Raw/Impact anyway, where the hosts read the feedback. Puts a buffer between the listener and the gooniness (although they've talked about interviewing one of their regular listeners/contributors lately...).

PoO3
Dec 30, 2000
why does john pollock hate combos so much?

they're delicious.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

PoO3 posted:

why does john pollock hate combos so much?

they're delicious.

What, like Abyss's teeth?

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

BizarroAzrael posted:

What, like Abyss's teeth?

And by the way.

Those teeth?

THEY WERE DELICIOUS

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

dshban posted:

And by the way.

Those teeth?

THEY WERE DELICIOUS

Chris parks's googly teeth

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

dshban posted:

And by the way.

Those teeth?

THEY WERE DELICIOUS

I like how he said it like he suddenly realised "oh crap I have to get this in there!"

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Not every annoying moron has Asperger's. Some people are just annoying morons.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

funnily enough, I downloaded several LAW episodes for a long trip I had this past Tuesday.

30 minutes into the first one (I think it was a "review-an-impact") I turned it off, deleted all of them, and listened to The Bugle instead. If you're going to be that venomous, I'd quite like you to be funny at the same time.

EDIT: to give examples of what I mean from other podcasts. Bryan Alvarez can be venomous, but he makes up for it by cracking me up and having astute and funny observations. Mark Kermode gives the most vicious film reviews I've ever seen when he doesn't like something, but he does so with flair, creativity and comedy (seriously, watch his "Sex and the city 2" review on youtube. At one point he's thumping the desk and singing The Internationale). LAW just seemed to be "this sucked, this was stupid, I can't understand why they did this, I hated this..."

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 15, 2011

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I cannot believe the caliber of mark that calls into the LAW.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Neodoomium posted:

I cannot believe the caliber of mark that calls into the LAW.
How in the hell can you listen to the LAW and still think wrestling's real?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WOR is supposed to be up soon but the site has been down since the PPV.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

MassRayPer posted:

WOR is supposed to be up soon but the site has been down since the PPV.

It's up now even though the site isn't. Bryan uploaded it to THE BOARD which I guess is on a different server than the main site.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jeffersonlives posted:

It's up now even though the site isn't. Bryan uploaded it to THE BOARD which I guess is on a different server than the main site.

Link?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

http://media001.f4wonline.com/dmdocuments/071711wo.mp3

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

jeffersonlives posted:

If you have the itunes feed it's also uploaded there too.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

THANK YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It is asking me to log in and won't let me log in. HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT TO THINK ABOUT THIS SHOW I DID NOT SEE?

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

MassRayPer posted:

It is asking me to log in and won't let me log in. HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT TO THINK ABOUT THIS SHOW I DID NOT SEE?

That isn't on this show.

That is Tuesday. Vinny Supremacy.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm getting a file not found on the main site's show page and a redirect loop from that link. I WANT TO HEAR THIS SHOW!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
TELL THEM TO BREAK THE loving TABLE!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

LAW callers are the most awkward loving people in the world Jesus Christ.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.
I usually skip the call-in segments on The Law, but you guys made me go back and listen. Holy poo poo!

The good news is I'm now ready to pronounce this as the greatest angle ever: the smarks are buzzing, the marks are all riled up, everybody is talking and excited about what's going to happen. Great job all around.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Borh posted:

I usually skip the call-in segments on The Law, but you guys made me go back and listen. Holy poo poo!

The good news is I'm now ready to pronounce this as the greatest angle ever: the smarks are buzzing, the marks are all riled up, everybody is talking and excited about what's going to happen. Great job all around.

We have to wait until Raw tonight to see if they follow through big time, or they get cold feet.

As for the table thing and Vince getting pissed off, an RKO is a weird move to break a table. It doesn't seem like something that's a surefire table collapsing move like a pedigree or chokeslam or something.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan: Up next was the divas match...
Dave: Oh jesus christ...
Bryan: *prattles off name of Wrestlers*
Dave: What the hell was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave: Ya I could totally retire to live on a tropical island... although that would never happen... but I could do it.
Bryan: Yeah but I guarantee you'd be calling me within 36 hours asking me what's going on
Dave: Oh yes of course, I could never be out of the loop!

Haha it went something like that anyway, I loved that exchange. Dave keeping up the gimmick of not being able to handle hypotheticals makes me laugh every time.

• Locked thread