Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?

Tiny Faye posted:

Apparently there are like 30 million other bands with your name and I'm having trouble finding your tour dates. Are you playing Boston soon?

Right! We're at McGann's Pub on Friday, August 26th. I think we've been booked with some post-hardcore bands, so that will be trippppy. Pleaaase come (and bring friends) (and if you throw a house party we'll totally play that too).

Thanks again guys; I don't want to clog up the vinyl thread any longer, but if you want to chat I can be reached at conveyortheband [at] gmail.com, or https://www.conveyorisaband.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Ride - Nowhere reissue
Ride - Ride EP
Cadallaca - Introducing
The Crabs - Jackpot
Passion Pit - Manners
Bloc Party - Intimacy
The Joy Formidable - A Balloon Called Moaning
Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I'm in New Orleans until tomorrow. Any must visit record shops? Someone was talking about Russell's but from what I read, it wasn't recommended. I'm not into punk so much. Would be great to find a nice haul on some old jazz and rock records or maybe some local outfits. Any suggestions?

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

I Might Be Adam posted:

I'm in New Orleans until tomorrow. Any must visit record shops? Someone was talking about Russell's but from what I read, it wasn't recommended. I'm not into punk so much. Would be great to find a nice haul on some old jazz and rock records or maybe some local outfits. Any suggestions?
Yesss! I'd go with Euclid, Louisiana Music Factory, Domino Sound, and Skullyz in that order. I made a big huge list once but those would probably make you happy given those guidelines

it's a shame you came this week because I'm organizing this

Farts Domino fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 16, 2011

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Thanks! I did some google searching and Euclid seems like the place I want to go to. I probably won't have time to hit more than Euclid. I was down on my luck gambling today but was fortunate enough to win it all back and then some on a lucky slot machine pull. I was thinking about all the records i could have bought with the $70 I lost, then BAM... Big win on a slot from gambling $1.

I heard something about Euclid having a vending machine?

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

yes it rules! I'm surprised it hasn't lead to more records being soaked in root beer spills

Peacebone
Sep 6, 2007
Finally got a bunch of records (most I've listened to but loved too much not to have)

Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring For My Halo
Washed Out - Within & Without < came on sweet lightblue vinyl
Jeff The Brotherhood - We Are The Champions
Deerhoof - Friendly Opportunity Reissue
Deerhoof - Milkman Reissue
The Dutchess & The Duke - S/T
Destroyer - Kaputt
Grandaddy - Sophtware Slump reissue/remaster < sounds fantastic!

Is it OK to post download codes? I see other people have and I already have mp3s of most of these.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Peacebone posted:

Finally got a bunch of records (most I've listened to but loved too much not to have)

Washed Out - Within & Without < came on sweet lightblue vinyl
Jeff The Brotherhood - We Are The Champions
Deerhoof - Friendly Opportunity Reissue
Deerhoof - Milkman Reissue
Destroyer - Kaputt
Grandaddy - Sophtware Slump reissue/remaster < sounds fantastic!

Is it OK to post download codes? I see other people have and I already have mp3s of most of these.

We basically agreed it was alright. I'll take the Deerhoof and Washed Out ones if you don't want them. Send them over to brettfrangella AT gmail.com

I also can't wait to pick up all 3 of the Grandaddy reissues myself. The first two are two of my favorite albums, and the third is a lot better than it gets credit for.

Peacebone
Sep 6, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

We basically agreed it was alright. I'll take the Deerhoof and Washed Out ones if you don't want them. Send them over to brettfrangella AT gmail.com

I also can't wait to pick up all 3 of the Grandaddy reissues myself. The first two are two of my favorite albums, and the third is a lot better than it gets credit for.

Sent and here's the rest of them.

1 DL left of Destroyer - Kaputt
http://www.mergerecords.com/digital
Serial #: 20Z7XQTR
Bar Code: 673855036912

https://www.matadorrecords.com/mp3promotion.php
UPC: 744861093817
Code: SMOKE847268Q9

http://www.subpop.com/download_code
54bvkhj6jpeh

Lower Dens - Twin Hand Movement
https://www.midheaven.com/downloadcode
39aa65fa90

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Took this one
------------
1 DL left of Destroyer - Kaputt
http://www.mergerecords.com/digital
Serial #: 20Z7XQTR
Bar Code: 673855036912

THANKS!

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Peacebone posted:

https://www.matadorrecords.com/mp3promotion.php
UPC: 744861093817
Code: SMOKE847268Q9

took this, thanks!

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Are you ready for an ORGAN SOLO?!
Guys can you please make a coupons thread or something for your download codes? Thanks.

Polonium
Jul 17, 2007
That KILLS me.
Well, this might be a pretty stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.
After having seen Pulp live yesterday, I am more than ever convinced that I need Different Class on vinyl. I know it's quite rare/pricey nowadays, but I'm willing to spend a bit, it's worth it to me.

After checking ebay (ebay.de, ebay.co.uk, ebay.nl and ebay.com), I noticed multiple listings with Japan as Item Location - should I assume these to be bootlegs? There's e.g. this listing, but I'd really like to be at least relatively sure I'm not getting some crappy bootleg before I drop that amount of money...

Someone help me, please? :ohdear:

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Polonium posted:

Well, this might be a pretty stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.
After having seen Pulp live yesterday, I am more than ever convinced that I need Different Class on vinyl. I know it's quite rare/pricey nowadays, but I'm willing to spend a bit, it's worth it to me.

After checking ebay (ebay.de, ebay.co.uk, ebay.nl and ebay.com), I noticed multiple listings with Japan as Item Location - should I assume these to be bootlegs? There's e.g. this listing, but I'd really like to be at least relatively sure I'm not getting some crappy bootleg before I drop that amount of money...

Someone help me, please? :ohdear:

As a Pulp collector it looks legit to me. It's the 2nd pressing without the interchangeable covers (more common). FYI This Is Hardcore was recently repressed about 2 years ago.

midge fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 18, 2011

Polonium
Jul 17, 2007
That KILLS me.

midge posted:

As a Pulp collector it looks legit to me. It's the 2nd pressing without the interchangeable covers (more common). FYI This Is Hardcore was recently repressed about 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your reply and the heads-up about This Is Harcore, although I already own that one :)
Of course I'd prefer the one with the interchangeable covers, but... oh well.
Just one more question, if you don't mind.
My co-worker mentioned something about Different Class being quite common on vinyl in the Netherlands - I think he said something about getting it on record fairs for like 20$. Do you know anything about that? As I'm living in Germany, the Netherlands aren't that far, plus I know some people there and might as well send them out...

Mr. Stepmom
Feb 20, 2004

But all I get is bitter and a nasty little rash
If you find a cheap one, let me know... I've been watching on Discogs for almost a year and hardly see any under $100.

I think it's a prime candidate for a reissue if Pulp continues touring.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Polonium posted:

Thanks a lot for your reply and the heads-up about This Is Harcore, although I already own that one :)
Of course I'd prefer the one with the interchangeable covers, but... oh well.
Just one more question, if you don't mind.
My co-worker mentioned something about Different Class being quite common on vinyl in the Netherlands - I think he said something about getting it on record fairs for like 20$. Do you know anything about that? As I'm living in Germany, the Netherlands aren't that far, plus I know some people there and might as well send them out...

I've no idea why that would be the case. Even so, people would have got wise and flipped the poo poo out of them on eBay already.

There was a re-release of Different Class in 2000 on Simply Vinyl (SVLP166), but that was also in the UK.

Now would be the idea time for me to sell on my collection, but I don't think I could part with it.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Bostongoons there's going to be a new record shop opening up in Union Sq Somerville in a few weeks:

http://www.facebook.com/SomervilleGrooves

Polonium
Jul 17, 2007
That KILLS me.

midge posted:

I've no idea why that would be the case. Even so, people would have got wise and flipped the poo poo out of them on eBay already.

There was a re-release of Different Class in 2000 on Simply Vinyl (SVLP166), but that was also in the UK.

Now would be the idea time for me to sell on my collection, but I don't think I could part with it.
Welp, thanks for confirming what I already thought.
But for some good news, I found that site, they're reissueing the first three albums by Pulp come September, so there's hope for further reissues :)

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Polonium posted:

Welp, thanks for confirming what I already thought.
But for some good news, I found that site, they're reissueing the first three albums by Pulp come September, so there's hope for further reissues :)

Not really. Fire was the first label that signed Pulp, so they are just trying to ride this most recent wave of interest for them. They actually left Fire due to Separations not getting a timely release (Freaks was also delayed by almost a year).

So while the first three getting reissued is really cool, it means gently caress all for the Island releases. They only released one single with Gift before having a joint contract with Gift/Island.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Tiny Faye posted:

Bostongoons there's going to be a new record shop opening up in Union Sq Somerville in a few weeks:

http://www.facebook.com/SomervilleGrooves

Rad, I'm gonna go check that out when it opens. Hopefully everything won't be insanely marked up.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
Decent & recent from the last little bit:

Found a couple of upgrades not pictured plus some new releases (Stone Coal White, Father's Children). A couple of those are local finds, but I haven't had the chance to dig in the last couple of weeks. Bruce Haack and Joe McPhee turned up at an antique store in a tiny mountain town nearby (pop 2,300) that I was driving through after going to a friend's cabin. Definite weird find, hopefully something as good turns up next week.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

JehovahsWetness posted:

Found a couple of upgrades not pictured plus some new releases (Stone Coal White, Father's Children). A couple of those are local finds, but I haven't had the chance to dig in the last couple of weeks. Bruce Haack and Joe McPhee turned up at an antique store in a tiny mountain town nearby (pop 2,300) that I was driving through after going to a friend's cabin. Definite weird find, hopefully something as good turns up next week.
The one Bruce Haack I've seen (Ebenezer Electric) was from a Goodwill out in Missouri from a Library. Love it but would prefer yours any day

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have a semi large collection and was wondering what would be the best place to sell it. I kind of hate ebay and I don't want to get ripped off at a record store. Any suggestions?

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

I have a semi large collection and was wondering what would be the best place to sell it. I kind of hate ebay and I don't want to get ripped off at a record store. Any suggestions?

SA Mart.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was actually considering that. Discogs seems decent too but I haven't really explored it much.

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If you have the time, putting them up on discogs could be a good idea. That is, if you're willing to mail them out. Otherwise, I can't think of any other options besides selling to a record store or putting up an ad on craigslist.

All in the past month or so:

Avi Buffalo - Avi Buffalo
The Walkmen - Lisbon
No Age - Glitter 12"
No Age - Teen Creeps 7"
No Age - Eraser 7"
No Age - Nouns
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
White Stripes - Let's Shake Hands 7" (record store day reissue, black vinyl)
Deerhunter - Microcastle/Weird Era Cont.
Deerhunter - Cryptograms/Fluorescent Grey
Bon Iver - Bon Iver, Bon Iver
Bon Iver - Calgary 12"
Gayngs - Relayted
Yuck - Yuck
The Silhouettes - Get a Job b/w I Am Lonely
The Moonglows - Book of Love b/w You Never Loved Me
Eternal Summers - Eternal Summers EP (band told me this was the last copy, ever!)
The Beets - Stay Home
Coma Cinema - Blue Suicide
Megafaun - Gather, Form & Fly
Washed Out - Within & Without

Phew.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

NESguerilla posted:

If you know how to grade and ship a record then doing a set sale here or on some other record forum can get decently priced records moved pretty quickly.

What I'd do is pull all the records below a certain value (~$10, it's up to you) and sell/trade those as a lot to a decent record store. Return value will suck but so does grading, listing, packing, and shipping records (trust me). The remainder can be sold set sale/discogs. You may hit up your local store, since a lot of good stores will sell higher value records on commission and you won't have to deal with the hassle. There's private dealers that also sell on commission.

It really, really depends on the quality and quantity of your collection. I've moved a ton of records really quick by just doing a craigslist ad and people will buy tons of the worst poo poo.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Beirut - Lon Gisland
Beirut - The Flying Cup Club

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Anyone in here spent some time in Madison, WI? I'm going there next month for a business trip and I'd like to check out some record stores while I'm in town.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

NESguerilla posted:

There's a few things I'm wondering if you have. I've been looking for the damned Demon Days LP at a decent price for forever.

SA Mart is your best bet, plus I know everyone in this thread would jump on it quickly and they'd be going to loving homes. :)

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

cheese eats mouse posted:

Demon Days LP at a decent price for forever.

$100 and up is the only decent price you'll get for that. I'm still trying to track down a copy of DFA1979 You're A Woman, I'm a Machine and it seems like the price is just getting higher and higher.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

$100 and up is the only decent price you'll get for that. I'm still trying to track down a copy of DFA1979 You're A Woman, I'm a Machine and it seems like the price is just getting higher and higher.

Yea I keep having my fingers crossed that Albarn doesn't announce the end of Gorillaz cause then it would be over on that.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

cheese eats mouse posted:

Yea I keep having my fingers crossed that Albarn doesn't announce the end of Gorillaz cause then it would be over on that.

Somehow DFA1979 getting back together to play a few shows had the exact opposite effect. This time last year you could get a copy of YWIM for $40-50 and now it seems to creep up $10 every month or so.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx
I went ahead and made a thread for download codes in Coupons. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3426248

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
I don't have photos but for $31 today I picked up
Talking Heads "True Stories"
Neil Young "Self Titled" "Everybody's Rockin" "American Stars and Bars" "Live Rust"
Godspeed You Black Emperor "F♯ A♯ ∞ "

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

fozzie dunlop posted:

I went ahead and made a thread for download codes in Coupons. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3426248
Thanks, updating the OP

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

JehovahsWetness posted:

Decent & recent from the last little bit:

God drat, you make this thread what it is. I got restless today so I went out and got some crap, a Sylvester LP, Fred Wesley and the jbs 7", live skull EP, nothing too exciting

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'm looking to lighten up my collection by a couple thousand records and I'm trying to figure out the best sales site to use.

I've got 80s-90s punk, hardcore (nyhc, powerviolence, crust), ambient/experimental, harsh noise, a big collection of 70s-80s funk 45s, old school NY hip hop.. kinda all over the map but a lot of stuff on smaller labels that might not add up to instant ebay sales.

Amazon takes (if I'm getting this right) 33% on a $10 music sale. Gemm has a flat 13% fee, and I'm thinking I will set up shop there. I hear Gemm can be slow for making sales but maybe the stuff I have will take time to sell anyway.

Have any of you sold largish amounts of vinyl online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
That Boyd Rice picdisc is sick. Make an SA Mart thread if you're feeling spicy. A lot of us, including myself, have very similar interests. I'd love to see the pv, crust, and nyc stuff you have kicking around.