Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

UberChair posted:

I just installed both the new DLC packs, Honest Hearts and Dead Money, and my Bullet Time mod doesn't seem to be working anymore. Does it not work in the DLC?

It'd help if you told us what bullet time mod you were using, and what your load order looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It'd help if you told us what bullet time mod you were using, and what your load order looks like.

code:

[X] DeadMoney.esm
[ ] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[ ] TribalPack.esm
[ ] CaravanPack.esm
[X] CompanionInfAmmo.esm
[X] IWR.esm
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] More Perks.esm
[X] iHUD.esm
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
[ ] Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes.esm
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[ ] HonestHearts.esm
[X] Tailor Maid - NV.esp
[X] CompanionDisguises.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] IWR - Rebuilt.esp
[X] Purge Cell Buffers.esp
[X] FactionIDCards.esp
[X] ExtendedNVRadio.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
[X] FreeplayafterMQNVv1_6.esp
[X] More Perks Update.esp
[X] DK_BulletTime_NV.esp
[X] LFox Bottle That Water.esp
[X] JRougeRangerCoats4Loot.esp
[X] Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
[X] ED-E 3D Sound.esp
[X] Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
[X] Light Step ED-E.esp
[X] VeronicaFix.esp
[X] noautoaim.esp
[X] Nevada Skies.esp
[ ] Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
[X] Classic Companion Config (SC compat).esp
[X] T3T_MiscItemIconsNV.esp
[X] SaveCass.esp
[X] ImprovedCompanions.esp
BulletTime mod is DK Bullet Time.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

It's no secret, we keep it in the topic of the IRC channel.

Current Build

List o' poo poo Added/Working/Not Working/etc.

Make sure you have The Armory v2.0 installed, then extract the WIP over it overwriting everything.

Keep in mind, the leveled lists, realism settings, vanilla balancing, etc has NOT been done in any of the WIP builds. Nor has any real testing been done because pretty much nobody wants to help in that area. :(

FYI, the esms/esp list the Caravan Pack as a master, some people are likely not to have that (I don't). Would it be safe to remove that dependency with NVEdit?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

UberChair posted:

code:

[X] DeadMoney.esm
[ ] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[ ] TribalPack.esm
[ ] CaravanPack.esm
[X] CompanionInfAmmo.esm
[X] IWR.esm
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] More Perks.esm
[X] iHUD.esm
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
[ ] Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes.esm
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[ ] HonestHearts.esm
[X] Tailor Maid - NV.esp
[X] CompanionDisguises.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] IWR - Rebuilt.esp
[X] Purge Cell Buffers.esp
[X] FactionIDCards.esp
[X] ExtendedNVRadio.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
[X] FreeplayafterMQNVv1_6.esp
[X] More Perks Update.esp
[X] DK_BulletTime_NV.esp
[X] LFox Bottle That Water.esp
[X] JRougeRangerCoats4Loot.esp
[X] Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
[X] ED-E 3D Sound.esp
[X] Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
[X] Light Step ED-E.esp
[X] VeronicaFix.esp
[X] noautoaim.esp
[X] Nevada Skies.esp
[ ] Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
[X] Classic Companion Config (SC compat).esp
[X] T3T_MiscItemIconsNV.esp
[X] SaveCass.esp
[X] ImprovedCompanions.esp
BulletTime mod is DK Bullet Time.

I would start by running that load order through BOSS and seeing what it wants to do with it. At a cursory glance, I can tell that a lot of conflicts are being generated because your files aren't loading in the correct order. For example, FalloutNV.esm should be the first (top of the list) thing that loads so that every subsequent mod can make changes to it rather than vice versa.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!
Alright thanks. I completely forgot to check FOMM before playing so that probably explains why FalloutNV.esm wasn't first.

e: Hm. That didn't fix it. Perhaps the mod is simply out of date.

UberChair fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 19, 2011

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
I downloaded Armory 2.0 whenever it came out and haven't used it, has there been any updates since?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Anyone have recommendations for a starting mod set? I picked up NV and the DLC during the past steam sale, and I haven't played through them yet. I'm not looking for anything that completely changes the game, but cleaning it up, rebalancing things, etc wouldn't be bad.

Mods that improve the game's appearance wouldn't be unwelcome, but I don't have a particularly great computer (2010 Macbook Pro, Win 7) so it'd have to be something that doesn't bump up the system reqs.

My current plan is:
FOMM
NVSE

Darnified UI

More Perks / ST Perks (which one? both?)
Tag Skills Improved
WMX / WMK (any recommendations on which one?)
A Better That Gun (Probably go WMK since they're compatible, if you recommend this)
Weapon Animation Replacers
Tag Skills Improved

Anything I'm missing? Are the lists in the OP still good?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

So here's a thing I cobbled together:

The shells don't have a texture it seems. And I'm using Nifskope so I'm not sure how to assign a texture/swap out for shells that are textured.

Get it in game and:

The shells hover outside the barrels.

Fire, reload:

The barrels have recessed into the receiver. What the gently caress? If someone wants a go at making this thing I can provide the textures and meshes. I really really like it despite it looking way too clean and pretty.

E:

drat. Happens with an unedited mesh too.

E 2:

Looks like it was barrel related. I used the barrels from the sawed off in Armory, and the stock from... wherever the hell this gun came from. Now it works like a charm. Needs some fine tune fitting but works :)

Beeb fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 19, 2011

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Arcturas posted:

More Perks / ST Perks (which one? both?)

I suggest to you Cream-of-Plenty's excellent More Perks Revised - Redux, which takes out every absurd/useless/unbalanced perk from More Perks, leaving only the best ones. And yes, OP's list is still good.

Also, I recommend to everyone in this thread his edited Project Wasteland Vision. No bloated weather system, no blur/exaggerated effects and no pitch black night. It's much prettier in game, but here's a screenshot with the Friend of the Night perk on:

debasuuuh
Jun 17, 2005

silly hats only

Retrograde posted:

Random dumb questions, i have the poncho mod installed, can i find it in the game or do i have to console it in?

I'm using just the standalone poncho one. The General Store guy in Goodsprings sells them.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Coughing Hobo posted:

FYI, the esms/esp list the Caravan Pack as a master, some people are likely not to have that (I don't). Would it be safe to remove that dependency with NVEdit?

Yeah, it was probably an accident. I'll fix it in my next WIP build.

edit: yes, you can delete it if that wasn't clear :) And to the person asking if there's been any updates since 2.0; no official ones, no. Just WIP builds that are incomplete, broken, and have no updates to the support esps other than the cabinet esp for testing purposes.

Naky fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 19, 2011

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

Yeah, it was probably an accident. I'll fix it in my next WIP build.

Right on. My workload this week is light, so I'm hoping to make good on my promise... that I made like two months ago :sweatdrop:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Barrels could stand to be two, maybe three inches longer, but it works :D There's also this annoying thing brought in from the stock's model:

For some drat reason the front sight bead of the mesh was connected to the stock body. What the hell. I wish I knew how to get rid of it :argh:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Waiting on you to update your avatar to match your New Vegas character, Beeb. I should try that mod again, last time I installed it, it kept crashing on the menu.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Those of you who wanted to use the WIP build of The Armory linked earlier without the Dead Money/Honest Hearts/Caravan Pack master dependencies put on by accident, here's an updated esm for you.

IT SHOULD ALSO BE NOTED that you should not run The.Armory AND The.Armory.v2.1 masters at the same time. I label one v2.1 for Anime Schoolgirl's use. They're exactly the same, so naturally you may get issues trying to load them both at the same time...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Technically this isn't a mod, but can I get a request of a weird armor "mesh-up" from two different DLC. The "Salt Upon Wounds" helmet with the Tribal Power Armor from The Pitt (the Requiem for Capital Wasteland makes this possible).

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

UberChair posted:

Alright thanks. I completely forgot to check FOMM before playing so that probably explains why FalloutNV.esm wasn't first.

e: Hm. That didn't fix it. Perhaps the mod is simply out of date.
Well, Project Nevada has a bullet time mode, I believe. Also, how did you get all the preorder packs? :colbert: I kinda wish there was a way to get the preorder items in the game, besides using said pack and starting with 'em.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Kgummy posted:

Well, Project Nevada has a bullet time mode, I believe. Also, how did you get all the preorder packs? :colbert: I kinda wish there was a way to get the preorder items in the game, besides using said pack and starting with 'em.

I think the only thing you can't get is the weathered 10mm pistol and armored suit, and the pistol is mostly the same as the normal one

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah :( I don't think there's any player home that isn't either lol god item mania or has a handful of dumb poo poo.

All I really want is a bunker with a weapon wall, some ammo shelves, fridge, work/reloading bench, bed, and somewhere to put little trophies. Maybe with a hidden entrance like a dumpster or junked out car.

Oh, and a safe for all my pre-war cash and cigarettes.
It doesn't have a weapon wall, but you might want to check out the Courier's Hideout. It's a very basic bunker type house with only the bare essentials (worktables, bed, shelves, place to cook, clean water, etc.) and a neat little mini-quest that has you following a trail of notes left behind by an old friend. It's quickly becoming my favorite house mod. I just love how restrained it is compared to all the insane multi-level bunker palace house mods on Nexus. Also: hidden entrance. The barrels aren't like that by default, you actually have to move one out of the way with the z key and then crouch down to access the hatch. It's pretty cool.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Elliotw2 posted:

I think the only thing you can't get is the weathered 10mm pistol and armored suit, and the pistol is mostly the same as the normal one
You mean the canteen is elsewhere in the game? You do realize there is more than one pre-order pack, right?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

Those of you who wanted to use the WIP build of The Armory linked earlier without the Dead Money/Honest Hearts/Caravan Pack master dependencies put on by accident, here's an updated esm for you.

IT SHOULD ALSO BE NOTED that you should not run The.Armory AND The.Armory.v2.1 masters at the same time. I label one v2.1 for Anime Schoolgirl's use. They're exactly the same, so naturally you may get issues trying to load them both at the same time...

Er... another FYI, the cabinet esp also has the master dependencies.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Barrels could stand to be two, maybe three inches longer, but it works :D There's also this annoying thing brought in from the stock's model:

For some drat reason the front sight bead of the mesh was connected to the stock body. What the hell. I wish I knew how to get rid of it :argh:

You should upload this or get it in Armory 2.5.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Naky posted:

Quality is subjective I suppose. Are there shiny new guns in the pack? Yeah but there are also grunged up ones too. Our goal is not necessarily to meet immersion standards since that's up to each person. Some people like nice new tactilol guns others prefer Frankenstein guns that the AG pack does. My suggestion is to give it a shot and use the cabinet ESP so you can get a feel for the pack. If you don't like it the just disable it.

That sounds fair. I suppose I should have looked into it more to see exactly how much it interacted with the gameworld before worrying :downs:. Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Suggestion: Please make a mod that lets you take out weapons in the area that has the scientist brains in OWB the first time you enter it so that I can get my revenge for having to go through that 15-minute long intro speech. TIA.

Adraeus
Jan 25, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Teim posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38623

It doesn't have any new creatures, but it has the increased spawn options like MMM had.

The mod author posted this yesterday:

TheCastle posted:

23:24, 18 July 2011
I simply don't have time to further work on IWS :(
I keep meaning to get into working on it but I am always too busy on other things and never get around to it. :(

I am really sorry about this...

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Sneaking around Big MT with Silent Six and one of those hosed up lobotomite masks is just about the funnest thing ever. The only thing that can beat a bunch of brainless test subjects is a brainless cannibal.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

closeted republican posted:

Suggestion: Please make a mod that lets you take out weapons in the area that has the scientist brains in OWB the first time you enter it so that I can get my revenge for having to go through that 15-minute long intro speech. TIA.

It's out? I still can't see it on Steam.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Coughing Hobo posted:

Er... another FYI, the cabinet esp also has the master dependencies.

I don't like you very much any more. :colbert: Cabinets rule, footlockers drool.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
For anyone that uses Project Nevada, and especially its rebalance component, how well does it work on high levels? I just noticed that by default, your hit points don't increase when leveling (and they seem to be lower to start with), so I was wondering what happens when enemies start carrying brush guns, anti-materiel rifles and such. Do you just horribly die unless you can hit them first?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mr. Crow posted:

Also now that I've finally started replaying the game, I'll be updating Military Expansion Program more, hurray! I will be redoing Camp McCarran (nothing horribly drastic atm, just re-jiggering the NPC system to be less mediocre, which is another tangent but oh well :rolleyes:), and then since I'm finally playing as Legion I'll be doing some stuff with them and then adding more things around various area's.

Awesome, Military Expansion Program owns.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Smol posted:

Do you just horribly die unless you can hit them first?

Pretty much, if you want to go back to vanilla it's fairly easy to do so in the mod config.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

fennesz posted:

You should upload this or get it in Armory 2.5.

Yeah, I'll figure out what all I need to bundle up for it to work right and get it uploaded :)

The AG Supplementary Uniques has some cool looking stuff in it. An excellent coach gun...

With no hammers. :negative:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any news if the Script Extender is getting updated today? Can't use any new mods with Old World Blues (it hangs on the title card) and if I even talk to the SINK AI, it crashes the game once he is done talking.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

NVSE was updated for old world blues not too long ago, it worked and played fine for me.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Jan posted:

For some stupid reason, Bethesda still hasn't updated the links or redirected the old GECK download page. As a result, you probably got the old one (that ends with geck.html), which gives version 1.1. Google GECK New Vegas 1.4, and you'll get this from a No Mutants Allowed forums post. That should give you a working GECK.

Quoting this to bring it to Cream of Plenty's attention, the link in the OP goes to the old GECK.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
Does anybody know what is up with the 2EOCasLoHotelLobby01 cell? Seems like an interesting piece of cut content.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Arrath posted:

Quoting this to bring it to Cream of Plenty's attention, the link in the OP goes to the old GECK.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up, but you can't actually link to the official download on Bethesda's site because it's blocked by an age verification page. Everything about the GECK page on Bethesda's site is rear end backwards, anyway.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Armory mod isn't working for me right now. It just causes the main menu to hang.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Argh I hate the GECK.

After reinstalling New Vegas it would edit but wouldn't let me save due to "Close all dialog windows before saving", reinstalled the GECK and now it won't load any data.

What is wrong with this lovely program?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Carecat posted:

Argh I hate the GECK.

After reinstalling New Vegas it would edit but wouldn't let me save due to "Close all dialog windows before saving", reinstalled the GECK and now it won't load any data.

What is wrong with this lovely program?

It won't load any data because you're probably not using the right version...either you accidentally downloaded an FO3 version or you're using an outdated NV version (which is easy to do if you downloaded it from the official site). You need to get GECK 1.4 for NV, but you're better off Googling for download links. Bethesda's own site is messed up and misleading because it was written by a nine year old. Good luck!