Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Anyway, I kinda agree with him that the recent episode wasn't great (partly becauase I think Clamps' one-joke character isn't based around a particularly funny joke).

I think it comes down to whether or not you like the characters. I love Clamps, so this episode was great to me.

In fact, this was my wallpaper for a while:

the wallpaper was in HD, though.

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

This is probably as good a place as any to ask, but what is the deal with Matt Groenings signature always appearing on official Simpsons and Futurama images?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Leela starting to feel a bit under-used so far this rearranged half-season.

Spoiler on future episode:
According to the description on my DVR the next one appears to be a Leela episode.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

This is probably as good a place as any to ask, but what is the deal with Matt Groenings signature always appearing on official Simpsons and Futurama images?

Groening has a very unique deal with Fox that gives him final say on that kind of stuff for his shows. He literally signs off on every piece of merchandise/imagery for those shows.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Senor Tron posted:

He drew the original characters, they're still his creation. Sure other people draw them for the shows now, but they're characters *he* created. He very well might have the likeness copyrighted, and as stated, he's had deals with Fox for as long as the Simpsons has been there that it will always remain *his*.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

haveblue posted:

Hating 2, 4, and 6 is fairly odd, yes.

Budum-tssssssh

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate
Goodbye qntm. Before I leave, I just want you to know that I've never done any work whatsoever.

Coleman, I know it seems like I can't stand you.

KFCB, you'll have to watch out for axleblaze now.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

I know! We'll call them Popplers!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

300 first edition prints available, with 25 random prints to be signed by Matt Groening. http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/product.jhtm?id=2961&cid

the shirt I could ignore, but this, this one has me estimating upcoming work hours.

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

SeXReX posted:

300 first edition prints available, with 25 random prints to be signed by Matt Groening. http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/product.jhtm?id=2961&cid

the shirt I could ignore, but this, this one has me estimating upcoming work hours.

You put that one up but not this one? For shame sir!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Delzuma posted:

I'm still unsure about the upcoming anime episode. It feels a little... easy. But we'll see what happens.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

MichiganCubbie posted:

I think it comes down to whether or not you like the characters. I love Clamps, so this episode was great to me.

In fact, this was my wallpaper for a while:

the wallpaper was in HD, though.

This has nothing to do with your post, but I just wanted to say I just now noticed that the-guy-on-the-left-who's-name-escapes-me's gold chain has a mouse on it.

How did I never notice that? :psyduck:

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Monicro posted:

This has nothing to do with your post, but I just wanted to say I just now noticed that the-guy-on-the-left-who's-name-escapes-me's gold chain has a mouse on it.

:engleft: Joey Mousepad

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Monicro posted:

His name is Joey Mousepad.

e: Beaten with a pool cue until I got detached retinas.

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!

Delzuma posted:

And that's why they call me 11-inch Conrad.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

ff7cid posted:

And that's why they call me 11-inch Conrad.

THAT is why they call me TravBot the Magnificent!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Monicro posted:

Because you're a big SomethingAful idiot dumb guy what does dat sorta thing?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Coleman posted:

I know! We'll call them Popplers!

Tasteicles. :eng101:

Coleman
May 5, 2011

smashpro1 posted:

Tasteicles. :eng101:
We can't call them that. Those sound too much like the Rocky Mountain Oysters on a stick. You know... Testcicles?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Coleman posted:

We can't call them that. Those sound too much like the Rocky Mountain Oysters on a stick. You know... Testcicles?

You sound just like my tennis instructor!

Coleman
May 5, 2011

TravBot posted:

You sound just like my tennis instructor!
No beer until you finish your tequila!

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

SeXReX posted:

This is my thought process following your link: "$60 unframed.. not too bad, wish I wasn't moving in a week with zero disposable income. Hmm, I wonder how much it is framed... +$225? Oh yeah, okay.. that seems reasonable! Who wouldn't pay almost 4 times as much for a frame than the picture costs itself?"

gently caress these money grubbing assholes.. are they framing it in a handcrafted platinum frame made by Groening himself or something? I really hate overpriced merchandise I really want but will never own :(

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Man, Bender's friends aren't particularly bright. Bender goes into hiding, and when they think they've found him the first thing they do is try to contact him and risk blowing his cover.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Baron Bifford posted:

Man, Bender's friends aren't particularly bright. Bender goes into hiding, and when they think they've found him the first thing they do is try to contact him and risk blowing his cover.

LOUDER AND SADDER!

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

Baron Bifford posted:

LIKE FRY! LIKE FRY!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

abraxas posted:

This is my thought process following your link: "$60 unframed.. not too bad, wish I wasn't moving in a week with zero disposable income. Hmm, I wonder how much it is framed... +$225? Oh yeah, okay.. that seems reasonable! Who wouldn't pay almost 4 times as much for a frame than the picture costs itself?"

gently caress these money grubbing assholes.. are they framing it in a handcrafted platinum frame made by Groening himself or something? I really hate overpriced merchandise I really want but will never own :(

Does that include shipping? If so, it makes a bit more sense.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Baron Bifford posted:

Man, Bender's friends aren't particularly bright.

Duhhhh I'm a Professor! :saddowns:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Hey, let's all join the Reform Party!

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Chester A. Arthur fall down. :(

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!
Can I do the countdown? 10, 9, 8...

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.
7654321blastoff.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

abraxas posted:

The $225 is not moneygrubbing per say because decent matting and framing is expensive in general most as a result of the cost of raw materials and then the time it takes to do a good job framing that will hold up well.

What would make it money grubbing is if they are just throwing it in some poo poo Ikea frame and shipping off. That would piss me off if I paid that kind of money and get a cheap fiber board frame with plastic instead of glass and a flimsy matte.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yeah I have two framed posters in my house and they were custom made because I couldn't find a decent looking premade one and they cost way more than either of the things they're actually displaying. Like, a lot more and I'll never tell how much.

they are very nice frames though!

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

I'm still unsure about the upcoming anime episode. It feels a little... easy. But we'll see what happens.

Wait what? This is a real thing? Bad news nobody :smith:

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.
Who here hates bad news? Everybody?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I feel like they're about 5 years too late for an anime episode, but we'll see.

I don't have time for an anime episode. I have to go and buy a single piece of fruit with a coupon and then return it, making people wait behind me while I complain

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 21, 2011

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yeah I have two framed posters in my house and they were custom made because I couldn't find a decent looking premade one and they cost way more than either of the things they're actually displaying. Like, a lot more and I'll never tell how much.

they are very nice frames though!

My mom used to frame pictures and poo poo for people, and the framing was never less than $600 as it's a pain in the rear end and the materials are very expensive if you want it to look good and hold up for years.

She would often frame things in frames that were at least double what it would cost for the item itself, and some of her frames ran in the $5000+ range because the wood/matting/glass were a special set.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Cryptic Edge posted:

My mom used to frame pictures and poo poo for people, and the framing was never less than $600 as it's a pain in the rear end and the materials are very expensive if you want it to look good and hold up for years.

She would often frame things in frames that were at least double what it would cost for the item itself, and some of her frames ran in the $5000+ range because the wood/matting/glass were a special set.

I think what was often overlooked is that proper framing isn't just about displaying artwork but preserving it as well.

But it possible that that website is just expecting a bunch of Futurama fans to see a bad rear end silk screening and just telling them SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

KFCB posted:

I think what was often overlooked is that proper framing isn't just about displaying artwork but preserving it as well.

But it possible that that website is just expecting a bunch of Futurama fans to see a bad rear end silk screening and just telling them SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

One art please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coleman
May 5, 2011

TravBot posted:

One art please!

Now THATS walking around money!

• Locked thread