Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BitingWit
Jul 4, 2011

Ras Het posted:

Wow, you're not a very nice man.

Hahaha. Did you expect any less from the game? I never thought he had a kind heart...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B

Ras Het posted:

Wow, you're not a very nice man.

Wow, you're not good at reading are you? Those are the Game's lyrics, which SUMS up (look up sums in a dictionary) my opinion of some hipster white girl saying nigga repeatedly and getting a free pass because she has black people in her music videos.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

cryme posted:

Enjoy two albums then, I guess
And loads of mixtape poo poo, which is arguably some of their best. Most of their solo albums are quality too with exception to Sheek Louch.

vanbags fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 23, 2011

Listerine Hangover
Aug 5, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dudes need to find something more worthwhile to bitch about.. Nigs call me nig where I'm from all the time. Cultural pride is gay.

I love how Game drops a crazy diss track like this right after he mediated the beef between Frank Ocean and Chris Brown (they shoulda had a dance off) and said that frank and tyler have long careers ahead of them and they shouldn't be screwing it up with beefing. Games gotta be bipolar or something

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Neu! posted:

Dudes need to find something more worthwhile to bitch about.. Nigs call me nig where I'm from all the time.

I love how Game drops a crazy diss track like this right after he mediated the beef between Frank Ocean and Chris Brown (they shoulda had a dance off) and said that frank and tyler have long careers ahead of them and they shouldn't be screwing it up with beefing. Games gotta be bipolar or something

I think it is because The Game has screwed his career by spending the whole thing beefing, so he wants to make sure other guys don't end up struggling at times much in the way that the Game has. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Game's work, I just think he's had to struggle commercially a lot more than he should have had to.

a milk crime fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 23, 2011

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

dundun posted:

Wow, you're not good at reading are you? Those are the Game's lyrics, which SUMS up (look up sums in a dictionary) my opinion of some hipster white girl saying nigga repeatedly and getting a free pass because she has black people in her music videos.

So your feelings towards Kreayshawn can be summarised by that deranged rant by Game, and that gives me the vibe that you're a bit on the edge, and I'm wrong how?

Listerine Hangover
Aug 5, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
nigga please

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B

Ras Het posted:

So your feelings towards Kreayshawn can be summarised by that deranged rant by Game, and that gives me the vibe that you're a bit on the edge, and I'm wrong how?

Deranged rant by the Game? Haha uhhh what. If those lyrics truly upset you that much, I don't know what else to say. I hope you don't listen to OFWGKTA, you'll be crying softly into your pillow within 15 minutes.

Listerine Hangover
Aug 5, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

dundun posted:

Deranged rant by the Game? Haha uhhh what. If those lyrics truly upset you that much, I don't know what else to say. I hope you don't listen to OFWGKTA, you'll be crying softly into your pillow within 15 minutes.

Maan, Odd Future is some pussy poo poo. They ain't even ever ripped a prostitutes heart out under the influence of pcp. They need to get down to business or quit frontin. Just look at that show they did in Detroit, did anybody even get hurt

Listerine Hangover fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 23, 2011

chopper city
May 30, 2009

you in the choppa zone
where choppas is a must

dundun posted:

I think you should probably examine your life and the events that may have led you to think that a small woman should be shot with an assault rifle

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

dundun posted:

Of course I don't listen to that illuminati bullshit (R.I.P. 2Pac).

No but seriously a large percentage of popular rap falls firmly into the field of "deranged rant", surely that's not a controversial opinion? I do personally prefer to listen to raps about sex and weed, mostly because I see little point in listening to people pretend to be mentally ill, unless they do it exceptionally well (which The Game doesn't, but that's not really relevant).

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B

chopper city posted:

I think you should probably examine your life and the events that may have led you to think that a small woman should be shot with an assault rifle

What can I say? you in the choppa zone where choppas is a must.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
I don't know much about Kreayshawn and The Game is pretty much irrelevant right now but "Gucci Gucci" is dope as gently caress when Wayne's rapping on it.

Jock Mocken
Apr 7, 2005

on point like a unicorn, strapped like tha unabomb
everyday a work day but dont wear a uniform
Gucci Mane a dapper don, capper like a Capricorn

dundun posted:

What can I say? you in the choppa zone where choppas is a must.

no see it doesn't work like that chopper city shut down a string of bad posts by you with one sentence you gotta come with more than an extra-lovely title text quote

Ras Het posted:

Of course I don't listen to that illuminati bullshit (R.I.P. 2Pac).

No but seriously a large percentage of popular rap falls firmly into the field of "deranged rant", surely that's not a controversial opinion? I do personally prefer to listen to raps about sex and weed, mostly because I see little point in listening to people pretend to be mentally ill, unless they do it exceptionally well (which The Game doesn't, but that's not really relevant).

I'm not sure I agree with you completely but I've been sick so my fevered brain can't marshal any good counterarguments right now, which means I'm just listening to my rap collection on random and trying to determine which songs classify as deranged rants haha

tyrseil
Oct 12, 2004

by angerbot
i'm gonna pretend everyone in this thread that likes Kreayshawn is just being ironic okay?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

tyrseil posted:

i'm gonna pretend everyone in this thread that likes Kreayshawn is just being ironic okay?
Yeah same here, for my sanity. I get that most everything sounds great and catchy when you're drunk in the club, but have some standards geez.

chopper city
May 30, 2009

you in the choppa zone
where choppas is a must

Jock Mocken posted:

I'm not sure I agree with you completely but I've been sick so my fevered brain can't marshal any good counterarguments right now, which means I'm just listening to my rap collection on random and trying to determine which songs classify as deranged rants haha

I see where he's coming from, like basically all raps music is like, I got guns man, my teeth literally made of diamonds, got TVs in my car, Camron racing through Las Vegas in a hummer limo with a hot tub on it, Camron who are you trying to impress. "I'm camron I'm literally the king of harlem, here's my pink diamond crown".

Hip Hop is ridiculous sometimes and I love it. Have you ever heard a French Montana song? I'm really digging this nasally thing he does where he goes "haaunnhhhh" but I can't stand Biggavel's voice :(

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

snyprmag posted:

Get Kendrick Lamar's section 80. He's got crazy vocal talent and does similar politically tinged stuff over somewhat pop sensible beats. There's a bunch of other dudes who do similar stuff, but Kendrick's probably the closest in talent and sound to Lu.

Has the Game always been this kind of diss rapper? After this and the Hopsin thing earlier this week I'm sick of the (___________ diss) that goes after all the titles.

Also Main Attrakionz just keep getting better

One of his best jams is a 13 minute diss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtbHx7Hexow

Take it Sleazy
Sep 7, 2004

i thought you weren't allowed to make threads
Speaking of overhyped teenagers what do you guys think of the Angel Haze mixtape that came out last week? I kinda like it actually

Bigdee4933
Jun 15, 2006
Bigdee4933
How is the Game going to say poo poo about creating Tyler? Their style is not even close and it not like the game makes crazy controversial music.

chopper city
May 30, 2009

you in the choppa zone
where choppas is a must
The Game is just a shittier Jay Rock that was kind of famous for a little
http://youtu.be/0QDdlJZoZKQ

oh also he has a tattoo of an xbox controller on his back?

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

Bigdee4933 posted:

How is the Game going to say poo poo about creating Tyler? Their style is not even close and it not like the game makes crazy controversial music.
BEcause they're both west coast rappers and the game is older and in a place to knock some lilp kids heads. Why the gently caress do they have the sound the same?

Jock Mocken
Apr 7, 2005

chopper city posted:

I see where he's coming from, like basically all raps music is like, I got guns man, my teeth literally made of diamonds, got TVs in my car, Camron racing through Las Vegas in a hummer limo with a hot tub on it, Camron who are you trying to impress. "I'm camron I'm literally the king of harlem, here's my pink diamond crown".
haha that description is great but yeah I do too, although I think that comes from a lot of different places. like Ice Cube expressed his disaffection with American society by portraying as antisocial a character as possible (notably, his music got worse and his movie roles cuddlier as he got richer) and Z-Ro makes depression music. they both talk about shooting people a lot but are completely different in style and tone, and more importantly it's coming from someplace other than just because "rapping about violence is SHOCKING" or w/e. On Curren$y's first poo poo (I think) he's got a track talking about how the first rap he ever wrote was pages of guns and poo poo but there was no truth to it.

anyway I dunno how much sense that made but yeah,

quote:

Hip Hop is ridiculous sometimes and I love it. Have you ever heard a French Montana song? I'm really digging this nasally thing he does where he goes "haaunnhhhh" but I can't stand Biggavel's voice :(

I haven't ever really hosed with French or Max B but I have a track from Mac & Cheese that's pretty decent and I've been meaning to check out some wavy poo poo anyway since realniggatumblr dude and martorialist dude both like Biggavel and they've got pretty good taste. Coke Wave is sponsored on datpiff so I guess I'll get that since I forgot my password over there again

BitingWit
Jul 4, 2011

chopper city posted:

The Game is just a shittier Jay Rock that was kind of famous for a little
http://youtu.be/0QDdlJZoZKQ

oh also he has a tattoo of an xbox controller on his back?

Speaking of Jay Rock he has a new mixtape/album? coming out Tuesday called Follow Me Home. It's got Kendrick TechN9ne and others on the feature. Sounds promising. But is French even good? I've heard some major hate on him before.. and haven't heard anything great from him before.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Jock Mocken posted:

haha that description is great but yeah I do too, although I think that comes from a lot of different places. like Ice Cube expressed his disaffection with American society by portraying as antisocial a character as possible (notably, his music got worse and his movie roles cuddlier as he got richer) and Z-Ro makes depression music. they both talk about shooting people a lot but are completely different in style and tone, and more importantly it's coming from someplace other than just because "rapping about violence is SHOCKING" or w/e. On Curren$y's first poo poo (I think) he's got a track talking about how the first rap he ever wrote was pages of guns and poo poo but there was no truth to it.

I think fantasies of violence as expressions of social and intellectual captivity are something one can sympathise with on some level, but should still be considered dangerously reactionary and something to keep a distance from. Such cultural regression merely leads to a re-enforcement of a culture of death which keeps the underclasses in spiritual slavery. I think Ice Cube had the right idea (as do a lot of rappers who see themselves as the quasi-military vanguard of the oppressed minorities), but as shown by his later career trajectory, his posturing was just a shameless act: something he was willing to sell for a cheap buck. Until we find solace in ourselves, we are not ready to take on society: and the path to that solace is lined with weed and one-night stands.

chopper city
May 30, 2009

you in the choppa zone
where choppas is a must

Ras Het posted:

I think fantasies of violence as expressions of social and intellectual captivity are something one can sympathise with on some level, but should still be considered dangerously reactionary and something to keep a distance from. Such cultural regression merely leads to a re-enforcement of a culture of death which keeps the underclasses in spiritual slavery. I think Ice Cube had the right idea (as do a lot of rappers who see themselves as the quasi-military vanguard of the oppressed minorities), but as shown by his later career trajectory, his posturing was just a shameless act: something he was willing to sell for a cheap buck. Until we find solace in ourselves, we are not ready to take on society: and the path to that solace is lined with weed and one-night stands.

Yeah that's one way to think about it.

http://youtu.be/SG-eT4oK9lU

Cried tears the first time I heard this song, cried thug tears

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

BitingWit posted:

Hahaha. Did you expect any less from the game? I never thought he had a kind heart...

And we all know he was never one to have a change of heart

K-Flow
Nov 20, 2004

sorry to interupt this discussion but here's a loving awesome danny brown track i just found this week http://soundcloud.com/roypacshakur/danny-brown-no-hook-prod-christian-rich. i know only me and alansmithee and like one other dude ever discuss danny but whatever. the live version of the beat is a lot better i think and can be found in his born to rap interview. danny is easily my favorite rapper at the moment, i really can't wait for XXX. i haven't wanted an album this bad in forever

edit: could someone reccomend me some essential dipset poo poo? i love heatmakerz beats and have listened to some camron before but thats it.

K-Flow fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 24, 2011

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

The Diplomats tapes/albums for sure.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Neu! posted:

Maan, Odd Future is some pussy poo poo. They ain't even ever ripped a prostitutes heart out under the influence of pcp. They need to get down to business or quit frontin. Just look at that show they did in Detroit, did anybody even get hurt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGkOVPYPlzg

Coal
Jan 15, 2008
I overcompensate for my tiny penis by stealing games worth less than a cheeseburger on a phone worth 400 cheeseburgers.

Yesssssssssssss

nooooooooooo

grass lemon
Jun 7, 2009

cryme posted:

Enjoy two albums then, I guess

I hear a third one is coming out later this year. I'm loving this 'Money, Power, Respect' track. I'm thirteen years late but better late then never.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

K-Flow posted:

edit: could someone reccomend me some essential dipset poo poo? i love heatmakerz beats and have listened to some camron before but thats it.

Check out Diplomatic Immunity 1 obviously, plus their official mixtape series with Kay Slay..I liked volumes 2 and 5 the best. DI2 has some ok tracks including one of my fav Cam/Juelz songs of all time in Bigger Picture, but the expansion of the group + different beats kinda hosed up the vibes. Juelz Santana - From Me to U and Jim Jones - On My Way To Church have more of that classic sound. J.R. Writer was that dude for a while from 2004-2005 especially after he went in on that 6 min Hot 97 freestyle, Writer's Block Vol 1 had some greatness. Cam'ron's Come Home With Me is a dope album, and his last lyrical piece before switching up to the lolflow on Purple Haze. ~~DiPsEt FoReVeR~~

And even though the movement has somewhat moved on, check out the new poo poo Cam and Vado are putting out (Gangsta Grillz w/ DJ Drama and Boss Of All Bosses series) because they're channelling some of that vintage ]Heatmakerz and Diplomats feel. New Boss Of All Bosses is coming pretty soon too apparently (which in Cam years can mean Dipcember 9th or Neveruary)

PS here is the best dipset freestyle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaA9a0_v0Q

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
And as a Dipset fan I really like the poo poo Harry Fraud produces for French Montana. It might not have the samples but it's the closest new thing to that soulful Heatmakerz feel I've found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heMw2sevHUc

Jock Mocken
Apr 7, 2005

Ras Het posted:

the path to that solace is lined with weed and one-night stands.

of course having said that poo poo I went and rocked the hell out of this 50 Cent mix (Curtis is that dude, gently caress tha haters They Burned Me has been my joint since he put it out on twitter) so here's a cool song about gettin rear end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJa4w6tePGQ

also can't believe yall were talkin about Jay Rock and didn't mention one of the most straight-up jackings of a beat in recent memory. I'd forgotten Red Cafe even existed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztCLyxXaI2E

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Mtb0CHogA

got drat

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

i find that song really offensive.

not to jamaicans, but to fans of music.

BitingWit
Jul 4, 2011
[quote="Jock Mocken"]
of course having said that poo poo I went and rocked the hell out of this 50 Cent mix (Curtis is that dude, gently caress tha haters They Burned Me has been my joint since he put it out on twitter) so here's a cool song about gettin rear end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJa4w6tePGQ quote/

That song was atrocious...

BitingWit fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 28, 2011

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8M_UNVU5ks

I'm really really feelin' this new SGP song. He needs to start doing physical releases or digital so I can give him money. His lo-fi 90s vibe is soo good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Lazy
Feb 23, 2006

...You ain't even in my clasa

GET MONEY posted:

I really like the poo poo Harry Fraud produces for French Montana

I hadn't heard Montana until the other day, but if the rest of his work with Harry Fraud is anything like this, then I need to dig up more of their work.

French Montana f/ Trae tha Truth- Cocaine Mafia(Prod. Harry Fraud)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXSvcehCSg

• Locked thread