Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Anyone know how long the Half-off Sale will last? I just got Bicycle Thieves at Barnes & Noble last night, and I want to go back for The Seventh Seal and Breathless, but I'm waiting for my next paycheck when I have disposable income.

Edit: Went back for Seventh Seal. Happy with that decision.

TrixRabbi fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Until August 1st, I think.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

My entire sale haul was a High and Low preorder. I tend to be happy enough just watching most things through Hulu anymore, but Kurosawa is one of the directors I want to have an actual collection from.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Just got 400 Blows, Seven Samurai, Le Cercle Rouge, and Videodrome Blu-rays, the latter three being educated blind buys. I hope I like em!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Nobody doesn't like Seven Samurai.

GonzoIsKing
Sep 26, 2004
Got the following:

Brute Force
Days of Heaven
Kiss Me Deadly
Makioka Sisters
Scenes from a Marriage
Thin Red Line
Umberto D
Wild Strawberries

I'm Gonna pick up The Music Room tomorrow and Leon Morin, Priest when it's released and that will do it for this sale...till the next sale.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
Coupons can be used on The Music Room and Beauty and the Beast on the B&N website now, for anyone interested. I just bought the gently caress out of The Music Room.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

All you folks buying Music Room are making FFD very very happy :)

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
I discovered Satyajit Ray last year and was really disappointed when I found my only options were those absolutely atrocious DVD transfers. Seriously, this criterion looks miraculous. It's hard to believe it was even possible to clean up the negative that much. I can't wait. I hope the Apu trilogy will be forthcoming.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Aw yeah... "Belle Du Jour"

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Robert Denby posted:

Aw yeah... "Belle Du Jour"

Nice! I can finally ditch my crap copy.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

So Barnes and noble just shipped 5 of my movies, in three shipments? Processed within 20 minutes of each other. 3 movies in one, and 2 individuals. Didn't charge me more for shipping at least, but wtf (what the gently caress).

And yay, Buñuel!

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Cacator posted:

So Barnes and noble just shipped 5 of my movies, in three shipments? Processed within 20 minutes of each other. 3 movies in one, and 2 individuals. Didn't charge me more for shipping at least, but wtf (what the gently caress).

And yay, Buñuel!

Shipped from different locations?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Has anyone tried ordering the OOP StudioCanal titles and have they shipped yet?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Egbert Souse posted:

Has anyone tried ordering the OOP StudioCanal titles and have they shipped yet?

I have-- they gave me an August 1st ship date for Pierrot Le Fou.

Rick Deckard
Jan 3, 2007
Ex-blade runner
B&N has Chungking Express blu-ray listing but not under there criterion title:

$39.99 List price
$19.99 Online Price
(You Save 50%)

I am guessing they listed it wrong and actually do have the criterion in stock?

Edit: product details tab says it is Criterion. Probably got confused with the switch from paperback to hardcover case.
Product Details
UPC: 715515068413
Source: CRITERION
Presentation: Wide Screen
Sound: DTS 5.1-Channel Surround Sound, Dolby AC-3 Surround Sound
Language: Cantonese
Editions: Special Edition
Time: 1:42:00
Sales Rank: 55

Rick Deckard fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 20, 2011

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Oh my god, 'Secret Honor' is unrelenting. A blind buy, trying to get into more Robert Altman, but phenomenal.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Archyduke posted:

Oh my god, 'Secret Honor' is unrelenting. A blind buy, trying to get into more Robert Altman, but phenomenal.

Didn't he have his film students shoot that one with him? That sorta blows my mind.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

penismightier posted:

Didn't he have his film students shoot that one with him? That sorta blows my mind.

Yeah. He used a lot of his normal colleagues- Pierre Mignot, Jean Lepine, and his son Stephen- but filled a lot of crew positions with kids in the U Michigan film program.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Archyduke posted:

Yeah. He used a lot of his normal colleagues- Pierre Mignot, Jean Lepine, and his son Stephen- but filled a lot of crew positions with kids in the U Michigan film program.

Lucky pricks.

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

20% off one item at BN for members. WOOOO.

Coupon can be found here. If you want to use it online, the code is: L3C9C3K. Expires July 25th. (the online one works until 3am on the 26th, technically.)

This knocks blurays to just under $15 pre-tax. I'm trying to restrain myself, but it is not working.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Finally got some money in, picked up Solaris. I've got enough for another but I can't decide between Charade and The Double Life Of Veronique. They'd both be blind-buys and even though they both wallow in acclaim the trailers don't do anything for me (too bad there aren't Three Reasons trailers for either of them, because I usually trust those).

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Finally got some money in, picked up Solaris. I've got enough for another but I can't decide between Charade and The Double Life Of Veronique. They'd both be blind-buys and even though they both wallow in acclaim the trailers don't do anything for me (too bad there aren't Three Reasons trailers for either of them, because I usually trust those).

Well, it comes down to what you enjoy: sensuous artsy foreign flicks or Golden Age Hollywood romantic thrillers. I love em both, but Charade a bit more.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I love Audrey Hepburn as much as the next guy, but come on, Irene Jacob. Irene Jacob. I think the choice is clear.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Both great films, but I think Charade has a lot more replay value. Beautiful looking Blu-Ray, too. Colors what pop.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Awesome, Charade it is.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Stop and buy The Double Life of Veronique before you make a very insignificant mistake in your life!

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

kaujot posted:

Stop and buy The Double Life of Veronique before you make a very insignificant mistake in your life!

Don't let this guy's cool avatar trick you. Charade's got this:

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Silly Cary Grant means nothing next to Irene Jacob.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Double Life of Veronique is so beautiful it hurts.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
Finally took the plunge. Picked up Naked and Broadcast News on blu, the Golden Age of Television set I've heard so much about, and, of course, The Music Room. I have made my $20 sacrifice to ease the burden on FFD's heart. God help us all.

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

Man I really splurged on this...

Robinson Crusoe on Mars (Blu-Ray), Beauty and the Beast (Blu-Ray), Seventh Seal, Wild Strawberries, Virgin Spring, the Fanny and Alexander box set, The Ingmar Bergman trilogy, and Young Mr. Lincoln.

What can I say? I have a friend who wants me to see more Bergman.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Kentucky Shark posted:

I have a friend who wants me to see more Bergman.

A true friend indeed.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

A choice between Veronique and Charade is so difficult. Totally different movies, both amazing and both have great transfers. Get them both.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

You bastards convinced me to get both Veronique and Charade. I hope you're happy.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews8/killing.htm :aaa:

FYI, my B&N stuff shipped yesterday except for The Music Room. Is anyone else having delays?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Egbert Souse posted:

FYI, my B&N stuff shipped yesterday except for The Music Room. Is anyone else having delays?

I'm also waiting on The Music Room. Ordered it a few days ago, hasn't shipped yet either.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Welcome to the world of Barnes and Noble sales!

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

Picked up ANTICHRIST, THE GREAT DICTATOR, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, HIGH AND LOW, and DIABOLIQUE. All Blu-ray. Definitely pleased with this haul and looking forward to the Fall sale already. Thanks to those that have posted coupons, as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Woad
Dec 3, 2004

"What we gonna write today, pen? You think we should write an erotic dystopian cyber-thriller?! You crazy, pen."

Tesh posted:

Picked up ANTICHRIST, THE GREAT DICTATOR, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, HIGH AND LOW, and DIABOLIQUE. All Blu-ray. Definitely pleased with this haul and looking forward to the Fall sale already. Thanks to those that have posted coupons, as well!

Did your Beauty and the Beast go through alright? Mine keeps getting delayed for shipment.