Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

is there any fix for sickbeard under lion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011

Aafter posted:

I just discovered Sickbeard and holy motherfucking hell. That thing is awesome.

Anyway, I've been having some issues. It seems that whenever I stream video to my 360 using TVersity while I'm downloading, my computer will blue screen. Any ideas?
Sickbeard is great. Just one suggestion is to be careful about the fact that it assumes you are talking about air dates, and not DVD sorting/dates. If you decide to grab a bunch of episodes for something from a DVD release set instead of TV rip compilations of sorts, it may be in some funky ordering.

I had an entire series renamed in a completely wrong order because of the strange DVD ordering compared to the air-by dates. Took a while to figure out and fix.

Anyway as far as your BSODs are concerned, you will need to look into the specific kind of BSOD occurring and go from there. E.g. figure out if it's a STOP 0x0000007C as one example (but believe me, it won't be a 0x7C).

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

This is only tangentially related, but what the hell...I figure geeks will like this.

I made this visualization of the commit history to the sickbeard git repository:

http://bit.ly/nHLzD1

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Dude, that is amazing!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

This is only tangentially related, but what the hell...I figure geeks will like this.

I made this visualization of the commit history to the sickbeard git repository:

You're like a pusher just giving us one free taste. You told us we'd like it and suggested we try it, but you didn't tell us we'd need more.
Is this VIDI?

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Thermopyle posted:

You're addicted to these things.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Hogburto posted:

You're like a pusher just giving us one free taste. You told us we'd like it and suggested we try it, but you didn't tell us we'd need more.
Is this VIDI?

Made with gource.

brc64 posted:

You're addicted to these things.

I was bored last night!

vulgey
Aug 2, 2004

Covered in blood and without any clothes. Where is my mother?
Quick question before I tear my hair out. Trying to get SABConnect++ to work with the newest version of SABnzbd.It works fine when connecting to http://192.168.0.2:9130/sabnzbd/ but when connecting via my external IP it just fails.

Port is definately open and active (port forwarded properlly, on http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ port shows closed but with SABnzbd running it changes to open).

I tried "localhost" instead of the IP and when I put my external IP in SABnzbd's config page it restarts and throws an error that something else is on that port no matter which port I try.

Any ideas?

baptism of fiber
Oct 17, 2004
compound
What happened to binsearch lately? Over the last couple days I'm getting way fewer results than I was before for the same search keyword.

Also, if I know there's a post called "blah.jabba.random-NAME...", a search for "jabba" will find it, but "blah" won't.

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
Sickbeard doesnt seem to want to post-process. SABnzbd knows where the scripts are. Do I have to point it directly at the script? Or just the folder?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Aafter posted:

Sickbeard doesnt seem to want to post-process. SABnzbd knows where the scripts are. Do I have to point it directly at the script? Or just the folder?

Point it at the folder.

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
Is there any way to force it to process all the stuff that's already been downloaded?
I don't really want to have to sort through all of this.

Edit: If I go to a show, I can click rename episodes. That fixes everything. I thought it was supposed to do that itself.
Ed-Edit: Manual post-processing does nothing? If use that, it spits out errors that it can't find an episode number. If I click "rename episodes", it fixes it all right up. What am I missing here? :confused:

Also, sometimes when they download, it just throws them into the root folder of all my TV Shows.

VICTORY EDIT: Whatever I did, it works now (with the exception of maybe two folders).

Aafter fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jul 22, 2011

Posts Only Secrets
Jan 22, 2005
Breaking the NDA...

Aafter posted:

:words:

I'm having the same issues for quite some time now. Either it will put the file in the correct show season folder but not rename it, or it will just dump the folder to my root TV directory (Also not renamed) like you said. It's usually a mixture of both.

Do you know what you changed so I can stop manually organizing this?

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

inpheaux posted:

Upgrade.
Bug report for beta 2. If you had it set to shut down on completing the queue and then start it back up with an empty queue it will just shut itself right down again.

DanManIt
Sep 5, 2008

Putka posted:

I'm kind of new to usenet and signed up with lightning usenet, because it's dirty cheap with their 50mb/s unlimited plan, 431 days of retention and otherwise it's seems to be pretty good, I'm just wondering why I'm only able to get 6-7 mb/s download speeds? They are very constant, but why am I not able to max my connection? I'm using SSL because I'm a paranoid gently caress, and I know it has overhead, but it shouldn't be that much?

Edit: 200/100 mb connection here.

How is lightning besides the speed cap issue?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I wish there was an actual "Purge all" function on the sabnzbd+ Plush history. As it is now, you have to click the X, click purge failed, click the X again, and purge completed.

Evil Trout
Nov 16, 2004

The evilest trout of them all

Laserface posted:

is there any fix for sickbeard under lion?

I re-installed Cheetah and it worked. Download it here:

http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/download.html

Once extracted, open a terminal and run:

sudo python setup.py install

After that finishes, Sickbeard runs fine!

baptism of fiber
Oct 17, 2004
compound
Any ideas why nzbs from nzbsu don't work with Unison? They launch the program, but no transfers happen.

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums
I don't understand these speeds people are getting, unless providers have started throttling. Back when Astraweb sucked less (3 years ago), and our techs accidentally disabled throttling in our University digs, I was getting ~25MB/sec (something like 200Mbits or something) from Astraweb, so I always assumed that they can feed you as fast as you can eat.

Currently stuck on a rubbish BT connection that's getting ~250KB/sec on a good day :(

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

haywire posted:

I don't understand these speeds people are getting, unless providers have started throttling. Back when Astraweb sucked less (3 years ago), and our techs accidentally disabled throttling in our University digs, I was getting ~25MB/sec (something like 200Mbits or something) from Astraweb, so I always assumed that they can feed you as fast as you can eat.

Currently stuck on a rubbish BT connection that's getting ~250KB/sec on a good day :(

Hmm. I hadn't noticed anyone except that guy in Japan getting less speeds than their internet connection maxed out at. I certainly max out my internet connection with Supernews at around 8MB/s.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

haywire posted:

I max out my university connection (100 Mbits)on Astraweb all the time...

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm new to this so I hope I'm not asking in the wrong spot.

When verifying is it common for SABnzbd to cause crippling hardlock style stutters? I figure a quad core CPU with 4gigs of ram should be more than enough to do whatever it's doing while verifying.

Also after it finishes crippling my ability to use the computer for 1-3 minutes depending on the file size some of these end up requiring repair. I click retry and I assume it tries to re download portions of it. Even then it still doesn't do jack poo poo so I was told to run a program called Quickpar to fix it. That doesn't do anything, so my question is. Is this particular file damaged with parts of it missing? No matter what wand I wave over it the download cannot be fixed because it doesn't have all the required parts?

Carti
Nov 15, 2005

Blackholes! Bleep! Blorp!
Finally got back into Usenet after a 7 year hiatus. Can't believe at these retention times now.

Kudos to the SABnzbd guys too. This is one nifty program :) I only wish Virgin Media wouldn't throttle my bandwidth during the daytime.

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

What is everyone's favorite NZB site these days? I quit using usenet back when newzbin died because I live in Korea where I can get 9MB/sec downloads from torrents, but I'd still prefer using usenet, so considering coming back.

Also, why the he'll is every Giganews reseller cheaper than Giganews?

Marvel
Jun 9, 2010

Sperg Victorious posted:

I just switched to supernews. The retention is nearly the same as well as the price. But I'd still pick up a block account somewhere for DMCA holes.

I just switched to Supernews from Giganews as well. Are there any recommendations for a good backup account (on a different server group)? Now that I'm paying less per month, I can afford to pay for a backup service. OP recommends Blocknews, is that still current?

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008
Blocknews is pretty good. Haven't had any problems getting linux iso's DMCA'ed. Depending on what you like to get, you can run through a block acct kinda quick though. In the past week, I've used up about 220 megabytes from my block account, but 27.4 gigs from Supernews. So its not too bad. But you should think about it before you buy.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

TreFitty posted:

Also, why the he'll is every Giganews reseller cheaper than Giganews?

I'd assume they have huge profit margins via the Giganews service. By offering Supernews at a competitive price they can get the customers who would go with their competitors because of price and still get the people who don't bother to research usenet providers and go with Giganews because it's so "premium".

Marvel
Jun 9, 2010

Lenins Potato posted:

I've used up about 220 megabytes from my block account, but 27.4 gigs from Supernews.

Hmm.. is there a way to tell sabnzbd to only download off of the backup server if the file can't be repaired?

So the priority list would be like

1. Download from primary server. If that fails, then
2. Try to download the PAR2s (from the primary server) and use those to repair, unless we don't have enough parity to repair, in which case
3. Fall back to the backup block provider

Unless I'm retarded and that's how it works already.

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008

Marvel posted:

Hmm.. is there a way to tell sabnzbd to only download off of the backup server if the file can't be repaired?

1. Download from primary source. If that fails, then
2. Try to download the PAR2s and use those to repair, unless we don't have enough parity to repair, in which case

It got asked in the sab forum, but they didn't want to do it. I don't know if there are other nzb downloaders that have that process though.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Marvel posted:

2. Try to download the PAR2s (from the primary server) and use those to repair, unless we don't have enough parity to repair, in which case

This would be awesome.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Marvel posted:

Huh, I always assumed it worked this way. If it doesn't work this way, I wonder what the reason is?

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

Huh, I always assumed it worked this way. If it doesn't work this way, I wonder what the reason is?

https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6776&p=46356

quote:

Don't use a backup server if you don't want it to be used.
It's not that common that a primary server misses parts of the post
while the backup server has them.
It's either due to being on the edge of retention of your primary
or its due to DMCA-related removals. In that case its virtually certain that
you won't be able to repair without your backup server (assuming it didn't the DMCA).
Filling in missing articles after the fact is just too complicated for this limited use case.

Giganews removes the first 2 articles from each file, if you have 10+% redundancy on pars, it is possible to repair most of them.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

YouTuber posted:

When verifying is it common for SABnzbd to cause crippling hardlock style stutters? I figure a quad core CPU with 4gigs of ram should be more than enough to do whatever it's doing while verifying.

Also after it finishes crippling my ability to use the computer for 1-3 minutes depending on the file size some of these end up requiring repair. I click retry and I assume it tries to re download portions of it. Even then it still doesn't do jack poo poo so I was told to run a program called Quickpar to fix it. That doesn't do anything, so my question is. Is this particular file damaged with parts of it missing? No matter what wand I wave over it the download cannot be fixed because it doesn't have all the required parts?
Verification is disk limited. If your incomplete folder is on your system drive, it's not going to matter how much RAM you have or how fast your CPU is, you're still going to experience slowdown.

That particular file definitely sounds damaged to the point where it can't be repaired. Retry basically does what it says on the box, and re-downloads the whole file. SABnzbd+ automatically attempts to download the PAR files for repair, you don't have to do anything to make that happen.

Marvel
Jun 9, 2010

Lenins Potato posted:

Giganews removes the first 2 articles from each file, if you have 10+% redundancy on pars, it is possible to repair most of them.

Wait so when Giganews gets a DMCA takedown notice, they just remove the first 2 articles from each file? Why not remove all the posts? Wouldn't that be easier for them as well as more satisfying for the people sending the notice?

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008
I'm assuming that they're just removing the message-IDs in the takedown letter, so the copyright holder must be be only listing the first two message-ids in each file. It seems weird no matter who is doing it.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

YouTuber posted:

See if you're running another somewhat disk-intensive program at the same time. Antivirus, malware scanner, optimizer, indexer, defragmenter, whatever... If you're running 2 real-time antivirus scanners, that would be it.
If you don't know what else is running, you can download Process Monitor, let it collect data while your hard drive is killing itself, stop it, then check out the file summary or the process activity summary (sorted by file events). It'll give you something to go on. Don't post the results here. We're not tech support.
The ideal solution is simply to have a separate hard drive for SAB to use for its temporary files, finished downloads, and post-processing.
...Or using ionice with Linux should do well. Windows 7 was supposed to have I/O priority handling upfront, but the closest I've seen to that being implemented is Process Lasso and I don't know if that's a placebo or not.

Outside of temporary server troubles and post-processing failing, you don't want to retry without giving a supplemental NZB where it asks. That means looking for an NZB or collection with identical files uploaded at a different time. If you do retry, run quickpar over your files, first, and delete the files it says has 0 or very few finished pieces.
Also, sometimes Quickpar will recognize misnamed files that the command line par2 checkers won't. Always good to see what it turns up. It rules.

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 27, 2011

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Yeah, sounds like it's disk contention or thrashing. Omitting the cache/incoming folder from virus scanners would also help a bit, but you do want the completed files being scanned later on. You could either have the files move there (I am hoping the scanner doesn't touch anything until all the files are already written, but I have a feeling it will), so you probably want to put a scan in during a post-processing script action for your binary categories (skipping multimedia).

PlasticSpoon
Apr 2, 2004
I'm having a problem with sickbeard, certain shows it just won't grab automatically. If I go to the episode that I know aired the night before and click search, it will find it. This only happens with certain shows, but it is not an issue of the nzb not being available, as I see it up on feeds within minutes of airing.

Also, what is the latest version? The download link on the page just brings up a google codes error, and I've had the same version for almost a year now. alpha build 461.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

PlasticSpoon posted:

Also, what is the latest version? The download link on the page just brings up a google codes error, and I've had the same version for almost a year now. alpha build 461.
Did you . . Google it? You're 27 releases behind. Download links are here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

So I'm not sure, and if I'm wrong correct me, but I is it possible that Comcast is throttling me via ports? I have Comcast Business but I recently had Supernews set to 563(SSL). I gave my PC a restart, and no joy on Usenet, yet I could access the regular web. So I switched my SABnzbd port to 443(SSL) and then the SABnzbd downloads start again.