Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That is both a vinyl wrap, and totally awesome. It's like a 70s motorcycle helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Harmburger posted:

I don't know who is trying to sell that, but a smart seller(ala "Pawn Stars") would just go ahead and shell out to get it painted so they don't lose the extra couple grand.

That's like that Caddy I looked at last week. Wouldn't let me test drive it because it wasn't registered or insured because "well we weren't driving it and had to make a decision there about the cost of insurance blah blah blah."

Trying to sell a car you claim is running? Fork out $85 for a registration renewal or better yet just keep the reg you have on it and take the hit for $50-$100 a month for insurance for a couple months while people look at it. Because who the gently caress is gonna pay thousands for a car they can't drive beforehand? :colbert:

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Motronic posted:

I see this kind of thing all the time. It is a little bit sad to think about it from their terribly uninformed, PRB-fueled, trailer-dwelling side, but you can't fix stupid.

Whoa buddy, it should go without saying that a case of PBR is the catalyst to all great automotive engineering.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/2483798409.html

I was gonna bold the funnier parts but jesus christ this guy sucks:

craigslist moron posted:

im salling an impala ss for $2800 or best it has the LT1 motor in it with only 105*** on the dash the dash is an digital dash i also have the twin exaust flow master kit on it the body is solid i have three kenwood twelves in the trunk with 1000 watt amp money will rise to keep subs this baby is runnin strong i really want more for the car so dont hit me with no cheap prices theres not an problem wrong with it fresh tune up,oil change,air filter,upgraded thermostate,high performance hoses its more than ready i sale cars so please dont talk to me like a rookie i no what there worth and what they go for also dont feel bad if you miss out on this one because i sale cars every week on craigs that people will love to have so if interested call (DEE) 810-336-5841

the trasmission just started slippin and i dont have the time to fix it so i will work with you the car still drives this is the only problem........

open for trades have to be well worth it might just do it for an motorcycles

APOLLO OHNO-UDIDNT
Jul 22, 2005

you can prob fix that with a little duct tape and a paper clip

*is MacGyver irl*
Don't hit me with no cheap prices theres not a problem wrong* or talk to me like a rookie I sale cars! :haw:

*needs new tranny

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
[quote="someone who doesn't know what an M3 is"
]2000 BMW M3 (custom 323i) trades? - $8200 (Overland park ks)

115,000 miles
sport package
staggered BBS m3 rims on new sumotomo tires cost over 3000 dollars a set with tires
Auto 5 speed trans
m3 intake k and n
6 disk changer
Fully loaded!!
32mpg on hwy 24 city is what i normaly get
Lowered about a 1"
M3 tail lights
Smoke side and front markers
Hid halo kit
K&N cold air kit
Cream leather
Custom sound system
Tint
Nice paint
Clean clear title in hand
Moon roof
New fan clutch and fan
Verry well kept and alot of paper work of sirvice
This car is super clean in and out dont realy need to sell soo noo low offers plz!

Open to some trade - trades of = value
Corvette,ls1,camaro,ta,trans am,wrx,srt,evo,lancer,custom pickup,silverado,
No bikes or slow common everyday stuff and it has to be verry clean
More pics coming soon
i can sell with stock rims for 7000
[/quote]

OH, cool, I can trade my EVO to him for this, that seems fair as hell for an "M3"

I gotta get off craigslist today, it's making my piss boil.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Isn't the 323i the most basic and stripped out of the 3-series?..

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/2507380814.html

This thing has been teasing me for years. I've looked at it several times (it used to sit on a dealer lot by my morning commute). I have always had a love affair with obnoxiously big 50's-60's era boat cars.

It'll be gone before I ever scrape enough together :sigh:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

el topo posted:

There was also the 318i.

tween_spirit
Apr 12, 2006

////I WANT
&&TO EXIST

kimbo305 posted:

There was also the 318i.

US market didn't get an E46 318 (or 316 or 320)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

tween_spirit posted:

US market didn't get an E46 318 (or 316 or 320)

True. But globally I guess the 316 is the most turdly.

tween_spirit
Apr 12, 2006

////I WANT
&&TO EXIST

kimbo305 posted:

True. But globally I guess the 316 is the most turdly.

Turdly is right

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
protip: If you're looking for a BMW stateside and happen to be East Coast(ish) scroll through the craigslists for South Carolina - there's that BMW factory in Spartanburg. BMW's here are like Honda Accords and Toyota Camry's elsewhere. Spartanburg's where the plant is, but Columbia and Charleston are probably the most populous areas and hence will give the most returns when searching for "bmw".

Charleston's also got a pretty decent used car market; I think it might be because its a big port town and a lot of imports that cross the atlantic get off loaded here. There's a maserati dealership (which I've never seen one of before), Porsche, mitsubishi, jaguar, land rover, vw, all sorts of poo poo. Plenty of Kia and Hyundai lots, but those I tend to speed up past when I'm driving by, unlike some of the others.

edit: and Merc's... goddamn there're a lot of mercs. There's a yellow slk I drool over every time I see it in its used car lot, which happens to be right next to tractor supply.

whose tuggin fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 27, 2011

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

tween_spirit posted:

Turdly is right

I dig those lights.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

el topo posted:

And usually has the biggest douche bags. At least my friend at the BMW dealer says they are rear end hats, and usually the "cooler" people are 5 and 7 series owners. :smug:

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
Wow a BMW dealer who prefers the people with more money, go loving figure.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Willfrey posted:

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/2507380814.html

This thing has been teasing me for years. I've looked at it several times (it used to sit on a dealer lot by my morning commute). I have always had a love affair with obnoxiously big 50's-60's era boat cars.

It'll be gone before I ever scrape enough together :sigh:

Buy this or I'll hate you forever! You should see what kinda Caddy $4000 gets you in the NE (hint: crap). Going to look at a 65 DeVille, maybe this w/e, but I would kill for a Fleetwood.

Looking at that one interior pic, am I right in seeing that it has no divider? In which case it may not be a limo, just a personal sedan (that seats 9)--which is even cooler! If it's all leather interior (not cloth in the back and leather in the front) that's another indicator it wasn't a factory limo.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

AlternateAccount posted:

OH, cool, I can trade my EVO to him for this, that seems fair as hell for an "M3"

I gotta get off craigslist today, it's making my piss boil.

On that note:

Yes, the rare "M5" with the M30B35 instead of S38B36.

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

Do you come with the spoiler?

Tee hee!

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

YarPirate posted:

Do you come with the spoiler?

Tee hee!

Is that man naked except for a diaper, or has the infection from the trucker thread begin to spread?

E: VVV Yeah and there's another naked-looking leg in the back there too. I'm just gonna stop trying to figure it out before I notice something I can't un-notice.

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 28, 2011

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

That's either a huge spoiler or a very small man.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk
Yes, a very small man, sometimes referred to as a "child"

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
You know what they say, "spare the [hot]rod, spoil the child"

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Crustashio posted:

On that note:

Yes, the rare "M5" with the M30B35 instead of S38B36.

You have to kind of wonder if these people actually don't know what they have and believe they are really driving these cars.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Plek posted:

Maybe I am just being biased but:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2498259847.html

Assuming nothing serious is broken that's not so bad.

How does he know it runs well with the starter in if he can't get the starter in? :raise:

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Doctor Zero posted:

How does he know it runs well with the starter in if he can't get the starter in? :raise:

I would have assumed that it was running fine before the starter gave out, but if he doesn't know how or can't get the starter replaced, it's a fair bet he never bothered with any of the SHO specific maintenance either.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I grew up near Bloomsburg, that looks about right.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

Doctor Zero posted:

If it has the manual transmission he could always bump start it

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

AlternateAccount posted:

You have to kind of wonder if these people actually don't know what they have and believe they are really driving these cars.

I sent them an email saying "100% not an M5. No ITBs, and a big fat "3.5" cast into the intake manifold. You have a 535". Never got a response.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Crustashio posted:

I sent them an email saying "100% not an M5. No ITBs, and a big fat "3.5" cast into the intake manifold. You have a 535". Never got a response.

I remember the last time a goon did that, the seller made a bunch of ads for a $3500 Porsche 911(iirc) with the goon's email address.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Hopefully he used a throwaway address.

Rhiley
Apr 20, 2005
Fuck you autoban piece of shit

Plek posted:

I would have assumed that it was running fine before the starter gave out, but if he doesn't know how or can't get the starter replaced, it's a fair bet he never bothered with any of the SHO specific maintenance either.

The SHO was a great car to drive but it was a pain in the rear end to own. The starter replacement wasn't too bad when I replaced mine but I would not call it a reliable vehicle, especially since the previous owner had never washed the Chicago salt off in the winter. If I had a bigger garage I would buy one for that price even though it would be a permanent project car.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

dreesemonkey posted:

I wonder how one fits a 350 small block into a geo tracker. I wonder if it still has a firewall.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

(applause)

There needs to be a lot more CL ads like this.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Joe Mama posted:

(applause)

agreed. I would buy the car just to shake his hand.

oh my god. somebody please stop me:
http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/cto/2463944801.html

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 29, 2011

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

oh my god. somebody please stop me:
http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/cto/2463944801.html

Sorry buddy, if you don't buy it I'm kinda gonna think less of you.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Joe Mama posted:

(applause)

I have an urge to punch that kid in the mouth for trying too drat hard. I find the ad annoying as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Billy Tully posted:

Sorry buddy, if you don't buy it I'm kinda gonna think less of you.

Can I borrow $1400? I've got an offer of $900 for one of my kidneys already!
Don't make me sell the other!