Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

BiggerBoat posted:

Hitman: Blood Money?

Dr Snofeld posted:

Congratulations, you just got the best Hitman game! And yes, disguises work pretty consistently here. It never matters whether you walk or run, for example, or if you are carrying a weapon that guards of that type carry around. Best of all, if you knock someone out, if nobody finds them, they never wake up! So your disguise stays viable unless you get caught doing something suspicious, like tampering with a machine or throwing a knife at a man's sternum.

Correct me if I'm mixing up my Hitman titles, but be careful about how you knock people out. Taking a hostage and pistol whipping them is the best option. They will stay knocked out forever, so all you have to do is hide the body.

However, if you use a syringe, they will wake up in about 5 minutes. Save them for emergencies, prefereably towards the end of the level. Better yet, avoid using them because you can pistol whip anyone anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'm pretty sure in Blood money if you syringe someone to sleep they stay asleep. They wake up in Contracts. If you knock people out with the pistol be careful because they will say poo poo like please don't shoot me and if other goons here that they will come running.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 28, 2011

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You be sure to use the syringe twice. They will never wake up.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Almost done with my Shadows of the Damned playthrough.

The only advice you ever, ever need is "Roll".

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
What of Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World?

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Tips for Tropico 3? I just got it and really enjoy it, but I just can't seem to keep these drat islanders from getting pissed at me and rebelling.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Legend of Dragoon

The difficulty for the game is a little wonky. There are a couple of brick wall boss fights that you can run into. If you want to get through the game without faceplanting against a nightmare of a boss:

Every time you get an addition, max it out. If you get another addition, don't move on until you max that one out, too. Having maxed out additions gives you a tremendous boost in offense, which you'll need for several of the bosses. With some characters, the boost in damage via additions is so large, the normal physical combos overshadows any and all special attacks.

I'd honestly recommend using a stardust FAQ and a repeatable item location FAQ. I'm pretty sure some of them are missable, permanently.

Speed is very, very, very important. A fast character can use items, attack, defend (for 10% HP back), so on and so forth, while a slow character usually has limited options. The difference speed makes is huge, with faster characters taking multiple turns over slower characters. Fast characters tend to do less physical damage, but the amount of times they attack more than make up for it.

Meanwhile, magic defense is more important than regular defense, because the majority of heavy-damage boss attacks are magic based. So, ideally, you'll want fast characters with a reasonable magic defense in your main party.

Make sure to level all your characters, there are several times throughout the game where you are forced to use a character.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Tips for Tropico 3? I just got it and really enjoy it, but I just can't seem to keep these drat islanders from getting pissed at me and rebelling.

Well the wiki hasn't been updated in a while because the last time tropico 3 was on sale a lot of tips were given.

But from memory and experience the most important thing is to get an income going. This is best done with renewable resources like sugar and tobaacco farms. Once you have a few of these going you set up a rum factory for the sugar and a cigar factory for the tobacco. This will bring you a lot of income. You can also do this with tropical fruits but that's less profitable on the other hand what isn't used your subjects will eat.

Mining at the start can give you a steady income and the workers don't need to be educated so that's not a bad way to go. Mines run out though so keep that in mind. You want your renewable resource factories up and running before those mines are finished or you are hosed.

But factories need high school educated workers so the first thing you should always build is a highschool. Gradeschool is optional but good and university educated workers will be important later on to work in the more sophisticated buldings. Still though having one is important because then you don't want to have to rely on importing foreign experts for the hospitals.

About immigration. You can alter the flow on that. If you have lots of farms but not enough workers, open the flood gates. If you are near full employment only the educated can come in. If you start building lots of new farms open the gates and so on

Spread out at the start. My endgames got brutal because everything gets really congested. Just make sure to build garages so your peons can get around quickly.

The faction page tell you what the factions are pissed off about. If you don't have a functioning economy the capitalists will freak out but at that point you are hosed anyway. The communists will freak out if you have poor healthcare and no power. Its really hard to get everyone good accomadation. So build a power plant and hospitals when you can and they will be pacified. The greens dislike pollution but are easily appeased so you can run whatever kind of industrial hell hole you want to so long as you have garbage dumps and gardens. The god freaks want the occasional church so that's easily dealt with and I think that's mostly everyone.

Oh and make sure those loving teamsters are well paid. There is no point having loads of stuff for sale if they aren't efficently bringing it to port.

And don't be afraid to go into debt at the start.

As it turns out the wiki was updated and I should have just clicked next 200 http://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Tropico_3

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 30, 2011

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Keep the militarists happy or else you might end up with a coup on your hands. That was how my first game ended.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
In Tropico 3 you want a High School pretty quickly, as educated workers are necessary for a lot of profitable and useful buildings. When you do build it, block out all but 2 or 3 of the employee slots, otherwise your school will fill with teachers and you will be wasting a lot of wages. Do the same thing with colleges or they can become huge drains on your economy. Only allow more teachers/professors if you are having difficulty keeping your factories and power plants staffed.

This is a pretty important rule for a lot of buildings, actually. Most of the buildings that require skilled workers do not need to be filled with employees as they are made to serve much larger islands. An island with 150 people does not need a cathedral full of cardinals.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Dr Snofeld posted:

What of Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World?

I just beat Cthulhu Saves the World. If you've played just about any JRPG, you won't need much help. However:

-If you plan on exploring everywhere you can, you might be tempted to hold off buying armor and weapons until you're fairly sure you won't find it in some cave. However, money becomes super useless because you can't buy healing items, so buying stuff can't really hurt.

-I only had to start grinding when I got to the final dungeon. Up until that point, just trying to fully explore each area gave me enough experience to move on.

-Insanity is a real mixed bag. I tried always using it and got killed and I tried never using it and got killed. What worked best for me is not using it but if I came to a battle that I struggled with, throwing it into the mix.

-Debuffs are awesome. The girl you get in the beginning eventually gets a Blind all enemies skill at works 80% of the time. It's invaluable.

-All characters get the same amount of experience, if they are in your party or not. So experiment until you find a line up you like. I used Cthulhu, first girl, sword guy and the dragon. If you are in a long dungeon and someone runs out of MP (some later enemies are real damage sponges), just rotate someone new in.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

How about Silent Hunter 3? I want to finally play this game. Are there any must-have mods?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
The SH3 LP, which had plenty of talk about mods for SH3, SH4 and SH5.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines questions (went over the stuff in the wiki):
Which patches to I want to install with the Steam Version? (does it come pre-patched, and do any unofficial patches mess it up)

What influences my feeding attempts success rate? I've noticed that feeding on human from behind always works, and feeding on vampires apparently never works, but feeding in combat situations seems to be random.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Which patches to I want to install with the Steam Version? (does it come pre-patched, and do any unofficial patches mess it up)

What influences my feeding attempts success rate? I've noticed that feeding on human from behind always works, and feeding on vampires apparently never works, but feeding in combat situations seems to be random.

Strength and unarmed determine feeding in combat I think. Some of the vamps have an ability to daze people that can be used to feed.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Goofballs posted:

Strength and unarmed determine feeding in combat I think. Some of the vamps have an ability to daze people that can be used to feed.
So beating on people doesn't actually determine how likely to succeed a feeding attempt is?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I don't think so but if you play a melee character you will have high strength and the brujah and the gangrel classes are made for unarmed so if you really need to feed in combat that would be the way to go. You are only going to have consistent problems if you play a weak gun character.

Although I guess beating on people will help in the sense that if you get shot when feeding that will interupt the feeding and if everyone else is dead from a beating that won't happen. That's generally what I do. One lone guy is only going to be able to stop so many feeding attempts

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 31, 2011

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just started playing Ar Tonelico, and the wiki only seems to have information for Ar Tonelico 2. While the system in the game seems almost complex to the point of parody, as far as I can tell the whole game's pretty straightforward. Is there any serious stuff I need to know while playing it?

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-

Twitch posted:

I just started playing Ar Tonelico, and the wiki only seems to have information for Ar Tonelico 2. While the system in the game seems almost complex to the point of parody, as far as I can tell the whole game's pretty straightforward. Is there any serious stuff I need to know while playing it?

- Always take the time to make sure your Reyvateil has a lot of Divepoints and go into their Cosmosphere to level up your relationship with them. Not only does this level them up, but by visiting various places in their mind you will gain new spells and costumes, which will give you bonus's. Just be warned, some of them are... interesting.

- WAY later on in the game your Cosmosphere progress will grind to a halt until you get certain items from story related missions. If I remember correctly, Aurelia caps out at a early point if you've been diving regularly.

- The game isn't hard by any means. Just get used to the combat and everyone's skills and you'll have no trouble with any bosses.

- There is going to be a lot of Innuendo. A LOT.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

Xander77 posted:

You want to install Wesp's unofficial patch. The Steam version is probably pre-patched to the latest official version 1.2, but if not the official patches include all official content. Wesp's patch comes in Regular and Plus editions (selectable within the installer), the Regular version is just straight bugfixes while Plus tries to improve or balance the game as well. I would go with Plus personally because they are not intrusive changes.

Scroll down the page and you can see the Clan Quest mod and Camarilla mod which I suppose are the two biggest mods that drastically affect the gameworld. I wouldn't really recommend either of these the first time, but the Clan Quest mod only adds a few extra sidequests and is generally considered polished so it probably doesn't hurt too much.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm playing Dragon Knight Saga, and looking at the wiki and reading FAQs, I understand that the game starts out very difficult, and then you reach a point where the difficulty drops off and it becomes extremely easy. I'm currently slogging through the hard part in the beginning and I'm not having a terribly fun time of it. What's the ideal build to get me through this early part of the game as easily as possible?

I'm playing as a sword and shield warrior, and I haven't unlocked Life Leech yet. Maybe things get better after that? Maybe I just need to buy more potions.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

WarringPhoenix posted:

- Always take the time to make sure your Reyvateil has a lot of Divepoints and go into their Cosmosphere to level up your relationship with them. Not only does this level them up, but by visiting various places in their mind you will gain new spells and costumes, which will give you bonus's. Just be warned, some of them are... interesting.

- WAY later on in the game your Cosmosphere progress will grind to a halt until you get certain items from story related missions. If I remember correctly, AURICA caps out at a early point if you've been diving regularly.

- The game isn't hard by any means. Just get used to the combat and everyone's skills and you'll have no trouble with any bosses.

- There is going to be a lot of Innuendo. A LOT.

All this is correct, especially after I fixed the name.

Additionally:

Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia
- Unlike the sequel, there is no limit on how deep into each Reyvateil's Cosmosphere you can go. If you want to break the already-fragile game over your knee, you should finish all of the levels for each girl.

- You will get a special prize for reaching Level 5 in a Cosmosphere, usually given to you the first time you rest after completing the level. Misha's in particular is useful until pretty much the end of the game, and it's recommended you get it as soon as possible.

- The game does have a branching path and multiple endings. Generally speaking, if it looks like you are about to be given a choice on who to follow or what to do (edit: and the party has split up while you make said decision), make a separate save if you want to go back later.

- It bears repeating: this is basically Sexual Innuendo: the Video Game. Abandon all dignity, ye who play here.

Grinnblade fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 31, 2011

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Does anyone have any information for Dark Cloud 2?

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm playing Dragon Knight Saga, and looking at the wiki and reading FAQs, I understand that the game starts out very difficult, and then you reach a point where the difficulty drops off and it becomes extremely easy. I'm currently slogging through the hard part in the beginning and I'm not having a terribly fun time of it. What's the ideal build to get me through this early part of the game as easily as possible?

I'm playing as a sword and shield warrior, and I haven't unlocked Life Leech yet. Maybe things get better after that? Maybe I just need to buy more potions.

I played as an archer type and the game got substantially less difficult once I learned Explosive Arrows. The beginning is annoying but once you get to the Sentinel Island, it gets better and also it was around there that it started to get less difficult for me.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

You have two player characters, each with a close range and long range weapon, as well as a ridepod (robot thing) and monster transformation. You can switch between any of these at any time.

Monster transformation is awful, don't touch it beyond the one time you need to use it.

The ridepod is fantastic if you can research and build good parts for it. Just don't buy the voicebox for it, trust me.

The amulet long-range weapon isn't as pathetic as you might think, you just have to charge each shot to get the full attack power. I went a full playthrough without knowing this. :suicide:

Take photographs of everything you can, and keep trying combinations to make new inventions. Ridepod parts, especially, can be invented long before you might otherwise find them, if you can find them at all.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Ask in this thread, the people know everything (it might even be in the OP, I didn't check).
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3366609

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
I'm thinking about playing Fallout 2. What are the recommended patches and mods to install? Like how Baldur's Gate 2 had that massive fixpack and restoration patch and so on. Probably only gonna play it once so might as well get the good stuff. If you have any advice for the game itself you can get it off your chest I guess but I'm mainly looking for a definitive list of mods.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

In addition to Dr Snofeld,the best monster (for the purposes of medal collection) are the elementals because they have a long range attack (they look like flying dragons).

-The best way to grind weapons is by combining them with other weapons. Find out what you need to level a weapon up, unequip it, and equip something you're going to build up. Build it up to +5 (the higher you go the more points are required to level it up), break it down, and add it to your choice weapon. You can build up your favorite weapons using this method with very little grinding.

-Your character's weapons will wax and wane based on enemy resistances. If you're trying to build up a weapon that's just sucking then have Character A (someone you don't want to build up) kill an enemy then switch to Character B (the person you want to gain the experience). The points will be allocated evenly across their melee and ranged weapon. This works for the ride-pod as well.

-The only way to build HP is by finding items in the future after completing objectives. They're in little boxes scattered about.

-You won't be able to get the ultimate weapons until you defeat monsters found in the final handful of levels so don't stress it.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Any tips for Heroes of Newerth or League of Legends?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Deep Winter posted:

Any tips for Heroes of Newerth or League of Legends?

Hop in the the respective threads for champ specific info. League of Legends has its own newbie thread so thats a perfect place for this sort of stuff.

General DoTA/MOBA info follows:

You are a team of five. Do not expect to take the entire enemy team on and emerge victorious (although this was totally possible in DoTA and to some extent HoN).

When you start out, play it safe. Learn the map, learn the abilities learn the range, learn a character you like etc.

Last hit, oh god last hit. XP is earned by simply being near a kill, Gold however, is not. To get gold you must be the last blow dealt to the minion. This means you need to get really good at timing you attacks so they hit weak creeps rather than just hitting creeps over and over again. Doing this will push your lane towards the enemies turret which in the beginning of the game or when you are just starting is a bad thing(tm)

In HoN there is a mechanic called "denying" which is basically you can kill your own creeps (once they have low enough health) to prevent the enemy from killing them and getting the gold. More importantly this can also prevent you from pushing the enemies tower.

Wards, buy them. They provide vision on the map for a certain amount of time. Place them where people are most likely to surprise murder you from so that you have advance warning and can bail. It will save your life, trust me.

Know what you're characters role is and what items go with them. Both games have different mechanics for balancing characters and what items they should buy so you'll pretty much need to go into the thread to understand the basics. For the most part though this means don't buy attack magic items on non-magic characters, don't stack attack speed on physical weaklings, etc.

Boots are amazing.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Looking into getting some time with Breath of Fire IV and I wanted to know if there's anything specific I should know. I've played the other 3 so is this mostly the same?

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Can I play and enjoy Halo 3, ODST and Halo: Reach without being particularly familiar with the story-line of the first two games?

I'll ONLY be playing the singleplayer content, so are any of those three games essentially multiplayer only?

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Centipeed posted:

Can I play and enjoy Halo 3, ODST and Halo: Reach without being particularly familiar with the story-line of the first two games?

I'll ONLY be playing the singleplayer content, so are any of those three games essentially multiplayer only?

ODST is for the most part a stand-alone, all you need to know is that aliens have invaded Earth, and Reach is a prequel. None of them are really going to explain who the Covenant are or why you're fighting, so basically the less you care about why you're fighting the more you'll enjoy them.

Halo 3 on the other hand picks up directly where 2 leaves off and isn't self-contained at all, so you might want to catch up on Wikipedia or something.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Twitch posted:

-Elemental bonus crystals and spells are amazingly powerful, since they grant additional damage based on your base attack damage. Throw 100 points into, say, Wind, and boom, double damage. This can get very silly very quickly.

-If you don't mind being overpowered, throw as many of those crystals that drastically boost attack power in exchange for your defense. You'll be able to one-shot just about everything. Of course, you'll also be pretty much one-shotted by everything, so watch it.

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

For early game, my main skills were Summon Undead to take aggro off of me, Summon Creature (when you get the crystal skull and take it to the necromancer), and Magic Missle. I also used Poison Arrow quite a bit. As for stats, I put a lot into vitality and intelligence, and some in dexterity, as I was mainly ranged with a focus on magic damage. Later on in the game when you get better armour, viality and charms; you can start thinking more about melee skills and weapons. You can always pay gold to respec your skills when you get your Battle Tower, so don't worry too much about shifting your build too much (although you can't reset stats so don't put all your points into dexterity if you intend on using melee later when strength is important).

The game is quite diffcult at first, then difficulty decreases on Sentinel Island. The next part difficulty is quite level, but if you do the flying fortresses in the fjords area before doing the quests in the fjord itself, you will end up struggling on the fortresses and then being overlevelled for the rest of the game. Try and complete the set of armour you get from defeating the fortress bosses, as that armour lasted me through the rest of the game and half the expansion pack, especially with lots of vitality charms. By the last stretch of the first game and through all of the expansion, you should reach a point where you'll be powerful enough to only struggle in only the most difficult of encounters. My build with the charmed/enchanted armour meant I could one hit kill most enemies with a magic missle, my summoned demon and creature would take a lot of aggro, I could rush attack and take down most enemies straight away, and I'd be doing 1000 damage a hit with my boosted magic damage mace.

If you want to do a melee sword and shield build, put loads into vitality and intelligence (as with magic weapons intelligence boosts magic damage more than strength boosts physical damage). With high enough vitality and a few levels of life leech, you can wander into a crowd and start hacking away and you'll regenerate/leech more health than you lose unless you're up against a boss.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

I'm thinking about playing Fallout 2. What are the recommended patches and mods to install? Like how Baldur's Gate 2 had that massive fixpack and restoration patch and so on. Probably only gonna play it once so might as well get the good stuff. If you have any advice for the game itself you can get it off your chest I guess but I'm mainly looking for a definitive list of mods.

The GOG forum has a good list. The unofficial patches are all you really need.

If you have the EU disc release (as opposed to the NA release or the GOG version), you will also want the children restoration patch, which solves the problem of every city being infested with invisible, immortal pickpockets.

As for first-time game advice - the little temple tutorial thing at the start is tedious and the game starts out much more slowly than FO1. If you stick with it, it improves dramatically after a bit.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Ar Tonelico
One other thing is that you probably shouldn't use the crystals that convert your Reyvateil's HP to more MP for the final boss. Said Final Boss has what I think is the only attack in the game that can damage your Reyvateil in an unpreventable fashion.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

ToxicFrog posted:

The GOG forum has a good list. The unofficial patches are all you really need.

If you have the EU disc release (as opposed to the NA release or the GOG version), you will also want the children restoration patch, which solves the problem of every city being infested with invisible, immortal pickpockets.

As for first-time game advice - the little temple tutorial thing at the start is tedious and the game starts out much more slowly than FO1. If you stick with it, it improves dramatically after a bit.

Quoting myself from earlier post;

In Fallout 2, one easy way to kickstart the game going is to invest in stealing skill. In the second town, there is a slave trade master who has a good, powerful shotgun which can be pickpocketed. Also, invest in the skill which affects the small guns to a reasonably high level (60+) early on, as this skill is very much in need if you do not know the ropes that well. It is true that you can play through the entire game without killing anyone (or dumb as a rock with intelligence of 1 or 2), but for first run the "small arms sniper" with reasonable intelligence is probably the best option as it allows several different paths to achieve stuff without gimping the character in any serious way.

Also, try to get enough action points to fire a single shot and reload on the same turn, go for at least 6 or 7, there is a +1 perk later on.

In the first town, stay there at least long enough to buy or steal leather jacket (first armor) and 10mm pistol (first firearm with a clip), preferably in that order. Also notice, that there is one house which you can, and should, loot for everything there is available.

One of the first things you probably do is fighting rats; the pipe gun and knife are sufficient for this and the loot from the same cave combined with random stuff you come up with within the town should be enough to buy armor and the pistol. Besides rodents and other startertown critter, the pipegun is pretty much useless. When you have the leather jacket (or leather armor) and shotgun your survival chances start to climb up, allowing traveling and exploration, as you can either beat weak enemies or run away from tough ones without becoming minced meat on the first turn.

Overall, auto-shotguns could be renamed "easy-mode" until combat armors and better stuff starts to show up later in the game. At that point you really should have shifted to energy weapons or big guns anyway. There also is a way to break the game completely by acquiring one of the best armors in game along with a large stash of other high-end loot before even setting foot to the first town, but obviously this option should not be used on first playthrough.

Anyway, until you do have the basic items - gun and armor - steer away from geckos, and do not accept a mission where you have to add wood to a still until you are equipped to fight them. And whatever you do, do not sell the hand radio you acquire early on for a few easy bucks.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 1, 2011

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

If you want to do a melee sword and shield build, put loads into vitality and intelligence (as with magic weapons intelligence boosts magic damage more than strength boosts physical damage). With high enough vitality and a few levels of life leech, you can wander into a crowd and start hacking away and you'll regenerate/leech more health than you lose unless you're up against a boss.

I'd like to note that if you decide to invest in the berserker stance (or whatever its name is) then strength will actually outpace intelligence in the end as the damage bonus from that stance only applies to normal melee damage. However, that's not going to be an issue til fairly late in the game and I had little trouble keeping both strength and intelligence at respectable levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Metal Meltdown posted:

I'd like to note that if you decide to invest in the berserker stance (or whatever its name is) then strength will actually outpace intelligence in the end as the damage bonus from that stance only applies to normal melee damage. However, that's not going to be an issue til fairly late in the game and I had little trouble keeping both strength and intelligence at respectable levels.

That's one thing that kind of fucks with me in this game, is putting points into intelligence and ignoring strength as a warrior. It's just so exactly the opposite of what it feels like I should be doing. I mean I trust that it's the right move, so I do it, but it just feels wrong. Should I be ignoring strength entirely, or do I want a certain amount of it?

And I'm guessing when I'm choosing a weapon, I should be looking for the weapon with the highest magic damage, and ignoring the melee? That feels weird too.

What's the best melee build? The wiki mentions 2-handers, but googling around seems to show love for dual wielding or sword & shield, so I just don't know who to believe. I guess it probably isn't too important as long as you're not unarmed, I just like to know these things.