Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Twink Toilet posted:

I made it with about 50 keyboards (give or take), 12 sheets of foam core backing, and a ton of patience.

This is awesome. You are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Twink Toilet posted:

my home office thing

Really? A ton of keys? drat, that must have taken some time! Looks loving awesome by the way

Spike McAwesome
Jun 18, 2004

Zombies? Or middle-management? I can't tell...

gregday posted:

Well gently caress. I really want an IKEA JONAS desk but I'm not driving to Atlanta (nearest store) to get one and I really don't want to pay $299 in shipping for a $129 desk.

If anyone lives near an IKEA and wants to make a little money helping me out, PM me and we'll talk.

There are companies that exist that do Ikea delivery. There's ModernLV.com here in Vegas. There might be something like that in your area.

Twink Toilet
May 15, 2004
:D

HalloKitty posted:

Really? A ton of keys? drat, that must have taken some time! Looks loving awesome by the way

Thanks! It took about a year working on weekends to get it finished.

I've got about 75 or so keyboards left over so it probably wont be the last one I make.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Spike McAwesome posted:

There are companies that exist that do Ikea delivery. There's ModernLV.com here in Vegas. There might be something like that in your area.

Thanks. I found http://www.modernash.com which will let me pick it up from Nashville for only $50 extra. That I can do. :)

shao kong
Nov 6, 2002

AcidRoot posted:

I thought it was dandruff.

Looks like he shouldn't have gone black without the blue.

jmu
Feb 12, 2004

weoo.org
Sup nerds. Long have I wanted to post in this thread, but I've been using a waiting room chair since I was a teenager and a desk my father gave me 10 years ago when I first moved out. And I've been working from home for 3 years now!

Finally I acquired a decent chair and gallant setup over the weekend. A suggestion for those looking at the gallant - the main desk is HUGE. Do no underestimate the size of the vehicle you'll need to get it home from Ikea.

http://imgur.com/a/gzYXD

Before

After

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

jmu posted:

Sup nerds. Long have I wanted to post in this thread, but I've been using a waiting room chair since I was a teenager and a desk my father gave me 10 years ago when I first moved out. And I've been working from home for 3 years now!

Finally I acquired a decent chair and gallant setup over the weekend. A suggestion for those looking at the gallant - the main desk is HUGE. Do no underestimate the size of the vehicle you'll need to get it home from Ikea.

http://imgur.com/a/gzYXD

Before

After

2 phones?

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

American Jello posted:

2 phones?

One is for civilian calls, the other is a direct line to the President.

jmu
Feb 12, 2004

weoo.org
One of them calls Batman... The company I work for is transitioning between an Asterix VOIP setup over to Microsoft Lync, its pretty annoying. One phone rings when someone calls my extension but I can make outbound calls with both.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Ikea Galant purchased and set up!

The cable management thing is nice. How high can this desk go? It seems a little low now. I have the t-legs, and I'm assuming I can use an allen key to raise it?

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006
Yes you can raise it. The Design is pretty simple, the leg of the table has a V shaped wedge cut out that the screw wedges in. To raise the desk just loosen the screw a bit, pull up, then tighten it.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I was re-united with my desktop computer (Was using my netbook for the last four months), bought a 24 inch monitor, and an Xbox 360. Now I finally feel like my set-up is worth showing!

Living like poo poo under the desk though :barf:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Changed my wallpaper today, thought it was a good time to post here:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

what the gently caress is cable management?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Daric posted:

what the gently caress is cable management?

Pretty nice. I'd that s Nook Color?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

BoyBlunder posted:

Pretty nice. I'd that s Nook Color?

Yeah, I got it for Christmas and love it. The battery life isn't great but I'm never far away from a plug anyway and I like to read comics on it a lot.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

How is reading comics on it? I thought the screen would be far too small. I have a Kobo, which I tried using to read comics, and you have to scroll in every direction to keep the text at a legible size. It's not worth it.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

How is reading comics on it? I thought the screen would be far too small. I have a Kobo, which I tried using to read comics, and you have to scroll in every direction to keep the text at a legible size. It's not worth it.

I use Perfect Viewer to read comics on my Nook. It's great, and it's got a slew of features. And I have terrible eyes. I actually just read Blankets on it without any issues, and no zooming/panning around the screen.

Then again, though, my Nook Color is rooted and running CM7.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

BoyBlunder posted:

I use Perfect Viewer to read comics on my Nook. It's great, and it's got a slew of features. And I have terrible eyes. I actually just read Blankets on it without any issues, and no zooming/panning around the screen.

Then again, though, my Nook Color is rooted and running CM7.

Yeah mine is too and Perfect Viewer is what I'm using also. I've read Y The Last Man and Ultimate Spider-Man on it, as well as a bunch of others perfectly fine.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Not much on cable management since we are still moving in and buying new furniture. I hate the keyboard drawer with a passion since its easier to sit at an angle on the desk and type.

Also, Sam Adams. :smug:

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Roving Reporter posted:

Not much on cable management since we are still moving in and buying new furniture. I hate the keyboard drawer with a passion since its easier to sit at an angle on the desk and type.

Also, Sam Adams. :smug:

You know that keyboard tray is probably only mounted with 4-6 screws.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Twink Toilet posted:

I made it with about 50 keyboards (give or take), 12 sheets of foam core backing, and a ton of patience.

I didn't even realize it was keyboard keys... that's amazing. Now I want one :(

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

I am the voice of un-reason perhaps, but I found the screen to be too goddamn small for comics. I got one for x-mas, and it was okay, but you have to zoom out so far that it's kinda hard to read sometimes. It's not bad by any means... but unless you're struggling for cash I would get a 10" tablet instead if comics are your destination. I got a Transformer and it's pretty much the perfect size, NookColor a little too small.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Regarding all this Nook Color comic-chat, I found it to be much easier to read once I switched to a nicer image smoothing filter in Perfect Viewer.

auruspex
Oct 17, 2005
New computer setup on my Galant

Dual 3008WFP with a 2011 iMac 27" in the middle

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Crappy Sony STR-K660P receiver
Headroom Little headphone amp
Sennheiser HD580 headphones
Polk TSI100 bookshelf speakers
Polk PSW10 subwoofer (under desk)
Dell 2405FPW monitor
Antec 900 case containing brand new system
10 year old Logitech wheel mouse which I still prefer over my MX1000
Logitech Deluxe 250 keyboard

Inovius
Apr 7, 2010
My Desk:

TV on the other side of the room:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Man, that room would look so much better with hardwood floors.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006
I feel that way about almost every place I have ever lived. I am sick of carpet.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Awesome thread! I have 2 24"s but I wish I had room for 3 but not enough room :( I'm thinking of switching to 3 U2311H and have an ergotron mount instead. Does that work? And it seems like I need to get any eyefinity card or anything with 3 mini/display ports to avoid shearing, am I correct? Anyways, picture time

I actually live in a shoebox but at least the view is nice. It's a bit bright and extremely hot today.

Tone mapped of my window by caberham, on Flickr

I admit, I'm living like poo poo :smith: What is the name of the product with lots of grid holes that I can glue underneath my desk to tie my cables away?

caberham fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 7, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

caberham posted:

I admit, I'm living like poo poo :smith: What is the name of the product with lots of grid holes that I can glue underneath my desk to tie my cables away?

http://www.decluttered.com/

I did this on my desk, and ended up taking it down a couple of months later. It's annoying when you have to swap something out.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

caberham posted:

I actually live in a shoebox but at least the view is nice. It's a bit bright and extremely hot today.

Don't feel bad. I still basically live in a shoe box. My workstation is in my bedroom, and I work at home a whole lot, so despite having a living room I spend the vast majority of my time in my tiny 10x9 bedroom. Hell even my living room is tiny. I would love more space but moving is hard and really not worth it right now. Space is overrated.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Mismatched monitors, cheap as hell chair, rats nest of cables and horrifying green carpet (cropped most of that out). Yeah living like poo poo.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:

jmu posted:

After

The hidden cat is the best part of the image

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I hate hardwood floors, I always feel like I am somewhere that isn't my home when I have to walk around on them.

CubanRefugee
Jul 1, 2003

El Jefe
Reppin' the Row since '26.

diospadre posted:

I hate hardwood floors, I always feel like I am somewhere that isn't my home when I have to walk around on them.

I feel the same way. I love the look of hardwood floors, but there's something about walking around barefoot on carpet that makes me know that I'm at home.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

CubanRefugee posted:

I feel the same way. I love the look of hardwood floors, but there's something about walking around barefoot on carpet that makes me know that I'm at home.

Pretty much depends where you grew up I reckon. For me it's the exact opposite since in a country that's warm all year round no one carpets their floors.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Pretty much depends where you grew up I reckon. For me it's the exact opposite since in a country that's warm all year round no one carpets their floors.

Yeah, I live in Texas. gently caress carpet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

auruspex posted:

New computer setup on my Galant

Dual 3008WFP with a 2011 iMac 27" in the middle

What is the size of that Galant Desk you are using to support this?