Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Bonk posted:

I remember after Harry Goz died, the fans quickly turned against the show because Captain Murphy was the heart of the show. They kept getting more and more bitter, lashing out against it

They can just go watch anime. -Tornado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Jose posted:

as much as I love Sealab, I can't burn it without doing something else like browsing the forums on my laptop while I watch. I feel like I'm missing loads as a result.
Sealab works a lot like an old-time radio show, so while you're missing something because the visuals can be great, it's the voice character interactions that really make it.

And that's not H Jon Benjamin as Master Loo.

Do not mess with me.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bonk posted:

I remember after Harry Goz died, the fans quickly turned against the show because Captain Murphy was the heart of the show.

Well someone had to fight in the Spice War

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

As the history hitherto of class struggles and modern bourgeois society! Class antagonisms! Feudal something of oppression! Serfdom! Bourgeoisie! Tottering feudal society! And victory for the proletariat!... That's you!

The chin doesn't jut enough!

If aint got that jut then it don't mean butt!

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Jose posted:

I love Murphy so much, partly just because they got someone that old to voice all of his ridiculous lines.

The best is in one of the commentaries on the season 2 DVD, when they told Harry he needed to sound like he was in horrible pain for Murphy being stuck under a vending machine. I believe he said something like, "Oh, that's easy, I cracked one of my bones when I was playing baseball with my son last week". What an awesome guy. :allears:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

It's alright, there's a fail-safe!

I DON'T KNOW OR CARE WHAT THAT IS.

Never Odd or Even
Jan 21, 2009

This jerk again.
Fun Shoe
The first episode of Sealab I saw was Waking Quinn. I missed the first two or three minutes when they explained the whole hallucination thing, so my first impression of the show was pretty :stare:.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Never Odd or Even posted:

The first episode of Sealab I saw was Waking Quinn. I missed the first two or three minutes when they explained the whole hallucination thing, so my first impression of the show was pretty :stare:.

Gonna show Quinn this thing in my hand...

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Never Odd or Even posted:

I always mention that it's the sweetest of the transition metals whenever someone mentions mercury and I'm consistently disappointed when all I receive are weird looks by people who think I eat mercury.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

brian posted:

The chin doesn't jut enough!

If aint got that jut then it don't mean butt!

Why is it always got to be my rear end? There's a person in this rear end.

nonatomic retain
May 25, 2003
[[title alloc] init];
title.value = @"Title";
[title show:(GLKView*) view];
[title dealloc];
title = nil;
Why does it say "welcome to you are doom"? What does that even mean? And why, for god's sake, is "doom" in quotes? Is it some sort of ironic doom? Is the wink implied?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
You ever taken a dump and you throw up on your dick?

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Sensible posted:

Why does it say "welcome to you are doom"? What does that even mean? And why, for god's sake, is "doom" in quotes? Is it some sort of ironic doom? Is the wink implied?

Umm...Because you signed off on the proofs.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 days!
How dare you gamble with their souls. :rolleyes:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I will slaughter them like a wolf among lambs! The Seas Will Run Red! WITH THE BLOOD OF MY ENEMIES!!!! :black101:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Sensible posted:

Send a postcard to Strunk and White!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

SirPhoebos posted:

I will slaughter them like a wolf among lambs! The Seas Will Run Red! WITH THE BLOOD OF MY ENEMIES!!!! :black101:

Ha! This marsh will run red with the fruits of my vicious slaughter!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Well, then, put down the bamboo.

You gotta put a big pile of it down, and then the mommy panda comes out and she's all, "gotta find some bamboo for my babies," and you're like POW! Peel'er one

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Mercury, the sweetest of the transition metals

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
All those barbecues. It's like someone put my face in a saddle. ::sniff:: Mmmm, whose saddle is this? That's Uncle Taint's. How long's he been riding, Tex? Oh, pert near three days! Well, let's eat. Buddy.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

ha cha cha cha cha!
Delicious.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

It says right here in Deuteronomy: "A woman must not dress like a man." And I see a lot of pants out there ladies. Maybe that's why God's given you all so much breast and ovarian cancer.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Heheheh... Lost Wages.

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill... SO WET WILLIE FOR YOU!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
NEPTUNE IS MY CO-PILOT!

Really, there were still some good post-Goz episodes and Neptunati was one of them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

livingfruitvirus posted:

All those barbecues. It's like someone put my face in a saddle. ::sniff:: Mmmm, whose saddle is this? That's Uncle Taint's. How long's he been riding, Tex? Oh, pert near three days! Well, let's eat. Buddy.

I love it when Killface gets all bitchy. Like the whole radish bit when they're entering the sewers.

Move over bananas, I have a new favorite source of Potassium!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Oh my god!

Those are some really big pants!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

muscles like this? posted:

I love it when Killface gets all bitchy. Like the whole radish bit when they're entering the sewers.

Why don't you scrape all that hair into an old plastic bread bag and pop on down to the braid store! "Hey! I got a big plastic bread bag full of my own hair. What'll ya give me for it?" "Mmm, I can probably do five bucks." "I'd really like to get ten." "I bet your bald rear end would! But the price is fiiiiiiiive!"

That's you!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robert Denby posted:

For those of you who don't know the episode is just a condensed version of a regular "Sealab 2020" episode, just with the "2021" cast doing all the voiceover work completely straight. There's no jokes, no humor of any kind for 10 minutes, and then during the end credits Sealab explodes with Murphy outside it and he just says "Uhh...."

I thought that episode was actually kind of annoying (though it sounds good on paper), but that's because I had already become a fan of the show when it first aired.

To see that episode first - and "blind" to the series though, would make it about a hundred times funnier.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Does the short comic on the Sealab Season 2 Box Set count as a Harry Goz quote. Because how can you not read them in any other voice?

"Where did you get those kickass shoulder pads?"
"Space."

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Whizbang posted:

He put his human penis in her shark-gina.
RESPEK KNUCKLES

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

muscles like this? posted:

Tell him I said thanks.

Do it kinda sarcastically though.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Oh hey is that rival documentarian Michael Moore's fat rear end over there?

point the camera over there Bang! Bang!

Oh No! He shot himself! With my gun somehow!

I gotta take him to the hospital!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
How about you call Bruce Springsteen and tell him to get another nickname since you're already the Boss!

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Sokani posted:

Oh hey is that rival documentarian Michael Moore's fat rear end over there?

point the camera over there Bang! Bang!

Oh No! He shot himself! With my gun somehow!

I gotta take him to the hospital!

oh god please don't make me kill again

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

All dat jizz!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRx7f74Ovvc&feature=related

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Oh yeah, old Wendell's dragged the old pineapple through quite a number of ladies.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lycus posted:

Oh yeah, old Wendell's dragged the old pineapple through quite a number of ladies.

Is that right?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Yeah, I want a $9000 prostitute.

Oh. Well how about nine $1000 prostitutes? And if you have any albinos, send them up too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Yeah, I want a $9000 prostitute.

Oh. Well how about nine $1000 prostitutes? And if you have any albinos, send them up too.

I had, like, half a bottle of melatonin, six beers, this...whole fuckin' bucket of chicken. The sandman is comin'!

• Locked thread