Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sticky Pockets
Mar 2, 2007
Despite it's various shortcomings, I like this manga a considerable amount. Just powered through the whole thing in one sitting.

Also, it's not as rad as Feriowind's, but I drew Mikasa as one of my warmups today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Sticky Pockets posted:

Despite it's various shortcomings, I like this manga a considerable amount. Just powered through the whole thing in one sitting.

Also, it's not as rad as Feriowind's, but I drew Mikasa as one of my warmups today.

This is really good! I like it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

ANIME AKBAR posted:

If the group scanlating the tanks the same group that has done the releases so far? Or are they the group that just released 14?

Different group. The first guys actually have readable releases.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Kerck Pnameless posted:

I found this amusing.

Ohh... steamy skinless giant-man. Only you may be the receptacle for my nightly snugglings. :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Why are they not blushing? They should be blushing, darn it! Otherwise, what is the point of a anime body pillow??!

Feriowind
Mar 22, 2009

But how does it taste?
Skinless Titan seems rather embarrassed though. He's even covering his nonexistent privates!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

DrSunshine posted:

Why are they not blushing? They should be blushing, darn it! Otherwise, what is the point of a anime body pillow??!
How does a blush look when there are no capillaries or epidermis?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Paracelsus posted:

How does a blush look when there are no capillaries or epidermis?

Bleeding profusely over naked, pulsing muscle.

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008
Woa! This and Silver Spoon have been keeping me occupied all day.

Good thing I only had to work the morning.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Schubalts posted:

Different group. The first guys actually have readable releases.

For certain values of readable. I wish there were a scanlator group equivalent of GG to do series like this one.

Feriowind
Mar 22, 2009

But how does it taste?
The rest of volume 4 is out!!

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/12

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Feriowind posted:

These seem like they should be before the chapters that just came out. Is this a flashback or something?

edit: Oh, looks like the first few chapters are.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 4, 2011

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Feriowind posted:

Why is the art so janky but the story so good?

Regardless, I love me some more AOTG

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This is one of the greatest expressions I've ever seen: http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/12/17

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sindai posted:

This is one of the greatest expressions I've ever seen: http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/12/17

I meant to post that, it's literally :smug:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I was certain that girl was dead, although I think that's understandable given the high body count and often poor-quality art.

But I'm glad to see at least some sort of cast is going to make it through for a while. I for one am eager to see more adventures of Potato Girl in Monster World.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I really like Potato Girl. She's the spacey oddball, the Osaka of the group. :3:

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

It's so gross to think that the giants just vomit out all of the people they eat. That just makes the scenario so much more disturbing.

I mean, even if they manage to conquer back the land, they'd have to clean the stockpiles of human bodies that are probably littered everywhere.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pigasus posted:

It's so gross to think that the giants just vomit out all of the people they eat. That just makes the scenario so much more disturbing.

I mean, even if they manage to conquer back the land, they'd have to clean the stockpiles of human bodies that are probably littered everywhere.

At this point most would be decomposed so they'd be walking through skeleton graveyards.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

DrSunshine posted:

I really like Potato Girl. She's the spacey oddball, the Osaka of the group. :3:
Yea, she had some really great scenes.

"I thought it was just what I needed! I didn't think this through!!"
"Uh? God?"

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Why is the art so janky but the story so good?

Regardless, I love me some more AOTG

I really hope the art gets better cause drat I can hardly recognize or distinguish between some characters. I though the head of the stationary troops was a slave trader in Misaka's flashback for example.

Great last chapter though. Kind of wished it were more in order so I'd feel more bad about who got eaten.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I like this page. She just looks so content.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Schubalts posted:

I like this page. She just looks so content.

She does! I also love Mikasa's relationship with her. It seems like Mikasa knows just how to interact with a person like that. :geno::hf::downs:

I think that she's what this managa needed. Someone to bring in a little humor, a little levity. It combines nicely with the style of this story, because the drawings look so serious and everyone looks so frightened all the time. It's "Serious Humor".

Edit: Heehee!

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/12/15

"...? Is that a... 'Why do people eat potatoes' kind of question?" :confused:

So profound...! And then she gives him half the potato! Aww. What's not to love about that. I hope she doesn't get eaten. And I wonder when that "intuition" of hers is going to come into play in battle. Or maybe it'll turn out she's, like, a titan or something. A mini-titan with the mind of a human.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 4, 2011

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
gently caress, read everything that's out. Now I gotta wait to see what happens next... :ohdear:

Also on one of those very last pages, that shot of the armored titan looked like it had a metallic sheen, like it's skin was made of metal. Would explain why people would've given it a distinct name and why it could break down the gates, it's just hard to tell because this thing is all black and white, heh.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Man, those first two volumes felt like a prologue to me. Mainly because people kept dying left and right and we're not sure who's going to be the main characters, yet (except for Erin and Mikasa, obviously). Now, it seemed that we've got a bunch of them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

davidHalestorm posted:

Man, those first two volumes felt like a prologue to me. Mainly because people kept dying left and right and we're not sure who's going to be the main characters, yet (except for Erin and Mikasa, obviously). Now, it seemed that we've got a bunch of them.

If you're talking about all the characters that popped up during the flashback Im pretty sure all of em are dead jim, the only new character introduced that seems to have a pretty big role is that scout dude.

e- Maybe Im just remembering things incorrectly but I could have sworn I remember seeing a lot of these characters before. Like I vaguely remember a girl eating something at a completely inappropriate time before and my first though during the new chapter was that it was her. It doesnt help that everyone looks the same in this manga.

e2- Yeah my mind was playing tricks with me, the girl with the slab of meat didnt get eaten but the girl next to her got her head chommped down on.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 4, 2011

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If you're talking about all the characters that popped up during the flashback Im pretty sure all of em are dead jim, the only new character introduced that seems to have a pretty big role is that scout dude.

I'm pretty sure that at least Sasha (Potato girl), Annie (Kicking Girl), and Jean are still alive

Cao Ni Ma posted:

e- Maybe Im just remembering things incorrectly but I could have sworn I remember seeing a lot of these characters before. Like I vaguely remember a girl eating something at a completely inappropriate time before and my first though during the new chapter was that it was her. It doesnt help that everyone looks the same in this

We have, it's kind of an odd way of approaching things but most of the characters from the flashback had already been introduced, now they're just retroactively getting more characterization.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 4, 2011

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Yeah, that's what I meant. If you can survive an all-out war on your first day as a soldier, you're probably going to be pretty hard to put down, even in a manga like this.

I missed the fact that most of the soldiers fighting were all trainees when I first read through. No wonder, they panicked and not very effective at all.

and yeah, Jean is definately still alive. He's the dude that want's a cushy job as a policeman but changed his mind in the end

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The corpse disposal is still ongoing, and Sasha, Conny, Berthold, Annie, and Reiner were present at the pyres, when Jean decided to join the Scouts.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
So.... why hasn't anyone been speculating on what those random numbers mean? Titan population, maybe?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Yeah, what else would it be?

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I hope it's not something that obvious. And that's not even that many, too. I presumed there would be tens of thousands, at least.

Sled
May 20, 2004

Musashi not only wields a sword but also a pair of pistols.
I'm so happy to get more chapters of this. I thought a flashback would be annoying as hell, but I really was wondering what happened during that time skip. Still, as someone mentioned earlier, this art. I'm having a hard time recognizing characters after not reading this for a while, the character designs really aren't too memorable.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Sledeau posted:

I'm having a hard time recognizing characters after not reading this for a while, the character designs really aren't too memorable.
Neither are their deaths, really.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ANIME AKBAR posted:

So.... why hasn't anyone been speculating on what those random numbers mean? Titan population, maybe?

What numbers?

EDIT: Oh. Have they appeared every time a titan has been killed?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cbouncerrun posted:

What numbers?

I haven't noticed that. Any link?

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I meant to post that, it's literally :smug:

Haha! Me too. But I figured someone may have done it in the thread already.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Cbouncerrun posted:

What numbers?

No, it's appeared like 5-6 times so far, pretty randomly. Here's the first few appearances:
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/1/21
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/2/33
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/5/37

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Its the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Actually, you may recall that it's a marking on Mikasa's hand. Why it has a number, and why the number changes, we have no idea.