Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

It is hard to say if the watermark is the same style that the studio uses without seeing shots from other screeners that they've sent out. I am no video encoding guru but I was under the impression that adding a watermark is pretty trivial. I think it would be stretching it a bit far for it to be a prank, unless whoever ripped it did it to throw people off the real source. Even then, I'm sure that it wouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
sorry if this has been posted before, just a mashup of Artie giving ETM poo poo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au2kKL8v9iw&

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
My theory which is probably correct is Howard or someone on the staff got hacked. The timeline with the screener getting leaked right after strange postings on Howard's twitter feed makes the theory better.

Let's face it no one there seems to know the first thing about computer security and I wouldn't be surprised if they had a massive security breech. They are a massive target and they are obviously not savvy enough to figure out that anything was wrong until it was far too late.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

You know who else was hacked?

That's right.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Man, I am really excited to hear Howard yelling about this super 8 business on Monday.

Of course, he'll probably ignore it because that's what he does with interesting things.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

burmart posted:

Man, I am really excited to hear Howard yelling about this super 8 business on Monday.

Of course, he'll probably ignore it because that's what he does with interesting things.

HEY! That's only what the NEW Howard does... Old Howard would have enjoyed the shitstorm.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
In all seriousness, if it's as real as it seems he may clam up just for legal purposes.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I've heard Howard use the expression "The High Sign" for many years, usually "I see that Gary is giving me the High Sign."

What the gently caress does it look like?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Squashy Nipples posted:

I've heard Howard use the expression "The High Sign" for many years, usually "I see that Gary is giving me the High Sign."

What the gently caress does it look like?

Isn't it the neck cut off thing movie and tv guys do when you talk too long?

Also no way he was hacked, 10 to 1 he let Ralph borrow it...

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yea, I'm sure this came from Ralph although in no way, shape or form is Ralph smart enough to do it. Ralph is a man who only a couple years ago got DSL(during the ETM webcam saga) which is a joke in and of itself. I'm sure he let a friend borrow it and that friend uploaded it.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Steve Langford got the last laugh

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Crotch Bat posted:

Yea, I'm sure this came from Ralph although in no way, shape or form is Ralph smart enough to do it. Ralph is a man who only a couple years ago got DSL(during the ETM webcam saga) which is a joke in and of itself. I'm sure he let a friend borrow it and that friend uploaded it.

I think he let somebody on the staff borrow it who didn't take care of it, a friend of that staff members probably took it, made a copy, whatever. No grand hacking, just loose lips and people trying to show off. It would be funny if JD did it, sending it to a cam whore with the group tag of "Dabadass"

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

sedative posted:

Steve Langford got the last laugh

Steve Langford has a super 8 penis, super 8 penis, penis, super 8 penis, penis.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

I think he let somebody on the staff borrow it who didn't take care of it, a friend of that staff members probably took it, made a copy, whatever. No grand hacking, just loose lips and people trying to show off. It would be funny if JD did it, sending it to a cam whore with the group tag of "Dabadass"

Oh yea, the hacking stuff is just ridiculous. Most scene groups have at least 1 person who has some way to get their hands on stuff and I'm sure that person was a friend of someone on the staff and that's how it got out.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Unless they sent him a digital file instead of a DVD-Screener, hacking is really going to do no good at all.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

KKKLIP ART posted:

Unless they sent him a digital file instead of a DVD-Screener, hacking is really going to do no good at all.

Maybe somebody tweeted his DVD drive while it was playing on his computer and downloaded it via google.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Also no way he was hacked, 10 to 1 he let Ralph borrow it...

Ralph has stated his innocence:

http://twitter.com/#!/MYGEEKTIME/status/100273823772983296

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Sand Monster posted:

Ralph has stated his innocence:

http://twitter.com/#!/MYGEEKTIME/status/100273823772983296

Exactly, more proof he did it.

quote:

If you think HOWARD gave me a watermarked copy of SUPER-8 and i proceeded to copy and upload it your CLEARLY a COMPLETE loving IDIOT

You're the idiot Ralph, you didn't upload it one of "your" dumb friends you tried to impress did. You're not smart enough to know how to rip, encode and upload a DVD.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 7, 2011

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

:stare:

Just assuming the role I guess.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Seriously though. JD looks absolutely horrible. It's like he is un-evolving.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Millstone posted:

Hahaha, thanks for that. I thought it was zooming in on the guy to the left of the pic, then BOOM, background Hine again. I laughed pretty hard.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Millstone posted:

Just assuming the role I guess.

loving awesome hahaha. As it zooms in I was looking at the guy on the right thinking "well i guess his ears look kind of weird". Then by the fourth picture there's Hine staring at the loving camera :lol:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kelly posted:

Seriously though. JD looks absolutely horrible. It's like he is un-evolving.

Was there ever a point when JD didn't look horrific?

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
He was always a skinny nerd, now he's a fat nerd. Sitting around editing clips and eating Mcdonalds will do that to you I suppose.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Birthday Cake posted:

He was always a skinny nerd, now he's a fat nerd. Sitting around editing clips and eating Mcdonalds will do that to you I suppose.

I honestly think he's more social than he was and he's probably boozing enough to add that weight. He'd been fine in the earlier years still eating lovely and editing clips all day but I think he's peaked out of his shell a little and goes out with people a little more often. Just a guess, though.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 7, 2011

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
JD is a weird person put into a weird position. He shouldn't have what he has, this life style isn't meant for him. Howard likes him on the show because he is strange, and that gives him some strange power and no real way to handle it.

Which explains why he breaks it off with hot strippers who want to bang him to jack off to cam whores he pays with his meager salary. I think he isn't a bad guy, just you took the gooniest mother fucker and threw him in the middle of a circus. It can't end well for him.

If JD was on the forums, I'd imagine he would be one of those dudes that keeps getting banned and never gets why.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Birthday Cake posted:

I know they've talked about JD's crazy work hours in the past, but does anyone know what they usually are? 4 am until 6 pm? Longer?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
The depression might be part of it as well (I think he was diagnosed with some form of it?).
After I was diagnosed, I ballooned up too. You just end up not giving a poo poo about things anymore, and walk around like a zombie (depending on the meds he's on).

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He stopped taking his meds, didn't he? That whole, I feel fine, who needs meds thinking.

His job is to watch TV for a millionaire. I'd be medicated too.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
JD looks like poo poo because his day consists of the following.

Home, subway, work, fast food, work, fast food, home, fast food, work, subway, home, fast food.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

JD looks like poo poo because his day consists of the following.

Home, subway, work, fast food, work, fast food, home, fast food, work, subway, home, fast food.

"Subway" also being fast food

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

I was perusing 'ericthebedhumper2' on YouTube to get my ETM fill when I saw he had the 9/11 broadcast up. I always get sucked into listening to the whole thing. Nothing really brings out the "AMERICA gently caress YEAH" in me than that, although Quivers was being particularly cunty that day.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Millstone posted:

I was perusing 'ericthebedhumper2' on YouTube to get my ETM fill when I saw he had the 9/11 broadcast up. I always get sucked into listening to the whole thing. Nothing really brings out the "AMERICA gently caress YEAH" in me than that, although Quivers was being particularly cunty that day.

She was just upset she didn't think of attacking a building first.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Howard is going to be furious hahaha. I really hope it was Ralph. Or maybe it was one of Gary's kids. Oh man the possibilities :munch:

Also, those wedding pictures are terrible.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

All the 1337 warez groups must now digitally insert a H STERN watermark into each of their DVDSCR releases regardless of source. Please let this happen.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

lynch_69 posted:

All the 1337 warez groups must now digitally insert a H STERN watermark into each of their DVDSCR releases regardless of source. Please let this happen.

DVDRip_HSTERN_720p

Howard probably won't ever say anything, because he doesn't want to ruin his chances of getting them in the future from other studios etc. (If it actually happened)

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

What a let down... He finds the most uninteresting way to deny things.

At least he talks about it relatively soon in the broadcast, maybe 20 minutes in. Basically just denied that it could possibly be him, and described the process the studio uses to deliver the disks to him.

Studio sends guy with disk to Sirius building, Gary or Tracy goes down to collect it, it goes into Stern's personal bag (man purse). Once he watches it, he brings it back in, and the process reverses: Gary calls the studio, and the send someone over to collect it.

That's it. He claims that he never gives/loans it out to anyone else. He mocked the idea that it could possibly have been Ralph.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Studio sends guy with disk to Sirius building, Gary or Tracy goes down to collect it, it goes into Stern's personal bag (man purse). Once he watches it, he brings it back in, and the process reverses: Gary calls the studio, and the send someone over to collect it.

Yep, pretty airtight. I can't think of a single point during that process where someone could take it and then return it without anyone knowing. :rolleyes:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, even his defense against "Angry Vacation Man" (I think they called him that) who was calling him out on 3 day weeks and all of his vacations was uninteresting.

Their argument against vacations and the limited shows is retarded.

Robin: "No one complains about True Blood only having 12 episodes in a season!"
Howard: "Yeah, why don't they have THAT show on every day?!"

I also love how whenever anyone is critical of him, he (or Robin) always say that "they probably don't even listen to the show". But then if it's obvious that they actually do listen to the show, they ask "Why are you still listening?" and tell them to stop listening.

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Squashy Nipples posted:

At least he talks about it relatively soon in the broadcast, maybe 20 minutes in. Basically just denied that it could possibly be him, and described the process the studio uses to deliver the disks to him.

That's it. He claims that he never gives/loans it out to anyone else. He mocked the idea that it could possibly have been Ralph.

And he said that it's possible someone who works at the studio targeted him (a worker bee type, not an executive) and leaked it to make Howard look bad. I didn't think he was kidding when he said - he sounded 100% serious.