Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Vinny is insane if he thinks Kurt Angle looks "phenomenal." He's certainly much more trim than he used to be, but his proportions are all wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oatgan posted:

Vinny is insane if he thinks Kurt Angle looks "phenomenal." He's certainly much more trim than he used to be, but his proportions are all wrong.

You can't really help your proportions, though. Skinny and cut Kurt looks way better than super-jacked Kurt, IMO. He looks more like an actual athlete now and less of a cartoon.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
He looked best when he first came to the WWF. Once he went bald he started looking weirder and weirder.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Phenix Rising posted:

You can't really help your proportions, though. Skinny and cut Kurt looks way better than super-jacked Kurt, IMO. He looks more like an actual athlete now and less of a cartoon.

Actual athlete:

Kurt looks bad.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Moose Bigelow posted:

Agreed. I quit taking him seriously when he went on his UFC is complicit in pushing steroids rant.

He's also got some really inane libertarian leanings. But that's par for the course in wrestlers.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Beeswax posted:

He's also got some really inane libertarian leanings. But that's par for the course in wrestlers.

Also for the prairies

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Beeswax posted:

I have never really noticed this. He always just seemed Canadian when politics came up. I've never noticed him angered by universal health care or anything like that. In fact, his position on drugs is pretty much the opposite of libertarian.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jeremiah was on Dave Lagana's podcast. I tried listening to it but god drat his voice bothers me so much.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007

Lone Rogue posted:

He looked best when he first came to the WWF. Once he went bald he started looking weirder and weirder.

I've been watching a lot of 1996 stuff recently, and seeing him on his one ECW appearance was crazy; he looks like a totally different guy.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MassRayPer posted:

I have never really noticed this. He always just seemed Canadian when politics came up. I've never noticed him angered by universal health care or anything like that. In fact, his position on drugs is pretty much the opposite of libertarian.

I know there have been more examples, but the one I can recall is him insisting that employers should be allowed to pretty much demand whatever they want of their employees. Because if they don't like it "they can always just walk". He had another couple of these moments but I've forgotten the specifics. iirc he defended them for a bit on the board after people pointed them out as well

Also Dennis Miller is one of his favourite comedians :ughh:

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
So I listened to the Bryan and Vinny compilation with the wedding talk about Bernt, it was amazing. Brent is a.... specimen.

Can anyone tell me what Colt's podcasts are like if you know nothing about the wrestler being interviewed?

I've only listened to a handful of ones with wrestlers I knew about, from these interviews I'm guessing they may be a little too specific and personal to the relationship between Colt and the interviewie to be accessible if you didn't all ready have some background knowledge on the wrestler.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They all have great stories to tell (most of the time), so if you don't know the dude they'll normally they will keep you entertained.

Although Spanky is a bit of a loon, but that's interesting in its own right.

I remember really liking Claudio, The Briscoes, Sara Del Ray, Steve Corino was hilarious because he's a bitter gently caress, Evan Bourne was interesting, Young Bucks were great.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Sue Denim posted:

So I listened to the Bryan and Vinny compilation with the wedding talk about Bernt, it was amazing. Brent is a.... specimen.

Can anyone tell me what Colt's podcasts are like if you know nothing about the wrestler being interviewed?

I've only listened to a handful of ones with wrestlers I knew about, from these interviews I'm guessing they may be a little too specific and personal to the relationship between Colt and the interviewie to be accessible if you didn't all ready have some background knowledge on the wrestler.

I've listened to all of Colt's podcasts and about half of them have been with guys I didn't know at all. They still hold up, and are in fact a great way of introducing yourself to guys you hadn't heard of before. I'd never heard of Bull Pain before, for example, and yet his episode really hooked me. Same with Cassandro. Never heard of him in my life, and yet I was absolutely enthralled with the story of him and the exoticos.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
All right, I'll have to try them then.

I did really enjoy the Steen interview despite knowing next to nothing.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Holy poo poo. Dave fell asleep and missed the observer radio tonight haha.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Akileese posted:

Can't wait to hear his next podcast, hopefully Bryan messes with him.

Tarasenko Tank
Apr 17, 2011

Akileese posted:

He was on the LAW at 12, what time does he do the Observer at?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have to hand it to Dave Lagana. His podcast has gone from really interesting though rough around the edges to something I don't give a poo poo about in the space of one month.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

MassRayPer posted:

I have to hand it to Dave Lagana. His podcast has gone from really interesting though rough around the edges to something I don't give a poo poo about in the space of one month.

What did he do?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

What did he do?

The special guests are more frequent and less interesting and Formerly Creative is no longer a look inside the WWE creative process. It is just former writers talking about the current product and twitter with far more smugness than before. It seems like he burned through all of the writers he knows already and they've already told all of their good stories.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRayPer posted:

The special guests are more frequent and less interesting and Formerly Creative is no longer a look inside the WWE creative process. It is just former writers talking about the current product and twitter with far more smugness than before. It seems like he burned through all of the writers he knows already and they've already told all of their good stories.

Well you can only bring on so many former writers who want to come on and talk about the product so that was a necessary change.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
It kind of sucks because I used to get excited when F4W/WO had ex-writers for interviews, but now Lagana has burned me out on them haha. Sometimes the guests would even overlap and you'd get the same stories from the writers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave is awake. Our long national nightmare is over.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Akileese posted:

Well you can only bring on so many former writers who want to come on and talk about the product so that was a necessary change.

I keep waiting for the day they get rid of Gewirtz (or he finally burns out and decides to leave). The poo poo that guy must have seen and been involved in for the past ten years would be enough for a dozen podcasts.

I see Lagana has put up an interview with Chavo. Has anybody checked it out yet? Is it worth a listen?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Borh posted:

I keep waiting for the day they get rid of Gewirtz (or he finally burns out and decides to leave). The poo poo that guy must have seen and been involved in for the past ten years would be enough for a dozen podcasts.

I see Lagana has put up an interview with Chavo. Has anybody checked it out yet? Is it worth a listen?

That is actually what prompted my post. I saw there was a new podcast and started listening. After 10 seconds of Chavo talking I thought "Wait why do I give a poo poo about Chavo?" and turned it off.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRayPer posted:

That is actually what prompted my post. I saw there was a new podcast and started listening. After 10 seconds of Chavo talking I thought "Wait why do I give a poo poo about Chavo?" and turned it off.

Last #IWantWrestling thing I listened to was the MVP interview. That was great. No interest in anything he's done since, but I hope he has interesting, intelligent, or at very least worthwhile people on in the future, because FC is the shits.

And gently caress Chavo sight unseen, for the record.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tarasenko Tank posted:

He was on the LAW at 12, what time does he do the Observer at?

It varies, but it's usually some iteration of stupid o'clock. Like 3 AM or something.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

And gently caress Chavo sight unseen, for the record.

But he's related to Eddie! This means we should care about him.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Dave found Bryan's joke at the beginning of the second show hilarious :psyduck:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Oatgan posted:

Only Guerrero worth a drat is Vickie. And maybe her daughter, if she's any good. And Chavo Classic. Oh yeah, and Ultimo, regardless of relation.

So all the Guerreros are good except Chavo (and Hector. gently caress off Hector).

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Oatgan posted:

If I had time to listen to podcasts I'd check it out only because he seemed like he was being very honest on his twitter. But eh, who knows.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

Dave is awake. Our long national nightmare is over.

He was in his annual Davesleep where he regenerates his powers of wrestling knowledge.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Grant DaNasty posted:

He was in his annual Davesleep where he regenerates his powers of wrestling knowledge.

10: Sleep
20: Is Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat still the best match in history? If Yes, go to 30, if no go to 10
30: Wake up

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Jerusalem posted:

10: Sleep
20: Is Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat still the best match in history? If Yes, go to 30, if no go to 10
30: Wake up

Not sure what Dave's all time favorite match is, or if he has one, but he for sure views some Toyota matches higher than any Flair/Steamboat.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Not sure what Dave's all time favorite match is, or if he has one, but he for sure views some Toyota matches higher than any Flair/Steamboat.

I forget which one, but Dave actually said one of the Flair/Steamboat matches deserves six stars.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ChampRamp posted:

I forget which one, but Dave actually said one of the Flair/Steamboat matches deserves six stars.

I think that was the house show that both Flair and Steamboat claim was their best match that no-one saw apart from Dave.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gonzo McFee posted:

I think that was the house show that both Flair and Steamboat claim was their best match that no-one saw apart from Dave.

3/18/1989

"Steamboat pinned Flair in 32 minutes of a match which blew the top off the five star scale. This match was significantly better than their Chicago match and deserved something like 5½ to 6 stars as a fair grade. Those in the know were amazed at how good this match was, particularly when they realized they had another match later that night in Philadelphia (which wasn't as good, but was still a fantastic match)"

He also once claimed Jumbo Tsuruta and Genichiro Tenryu vs. Riki Choshu and Yoshiaki Yatsu was worth, "*****, if not maybe more".

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he gave a lot of the all japan women's matches ratings like *****+++

but dave was such a puro mark in the 90s it'd be interesting to know what some of his favorite matches are

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

The Shaman of Cum posted:

but dave was such a puro mark in the 90s it'd be interesting to know what some of his favorite matches are

Not just a puro mark, by an All Japan Women's mark like no other. He championed Toyota for a couple years as a contender for wrestler of the year (not saying this is a mistake on his part).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Only Guerrero worth a drat is Vickie. And maybe her daughter, if she's any good. And Chavo Classic. Oh yeah, and Ultimo, regardless of relation.

So all the Guerreros are good except Chavo (and Hector. gently caress off Hector).

Hector is awesome as he helped train Eddy. So you shut your whore mouth.

• Locked thread