Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Alberto Basalm posted:

Well, alright. That does somewhat change my opinion of it. I am still miffed that Taco Bell doesn't deliver.

KFC delivers in Egypt. It's delivered by dudes on motorcycles and is reasonably good. Well. Sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

J33uk posted:

KFC delivers in Egypt. It's delivered by dudes on motorcycles and is reasonably good. Well. Sometimes.

I wonder if Taco Bell food there results in a worse making GBS threads experience than eating the native foods of Egypt.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Anyone in the NYC area get the hilarious 1-800-Pain-Law commercial with the super nerdy black guy that sound like a cartoon character? It's been running for a while now but it's one of the older ones and seems to be getting phased out with slightly better quality commercials. "I had the right of way! I suffered pain! I needed law!"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Rhyno posted:

It's not a bad commercial really but last night we were out at a bar and it came on and when it finishes this dude at the next table says "How do white people have an asian kid?"

Because adoption isn't a thing people can do?

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

DrBouvenstein posted:

Do you not understand how having two white parents with an Asian kid might distract from the purpose of the commercial?

jtsold
Jul 6, 2004
dlostj

Pierce and Pierce posted:

Do you not understand how having two white parents with an Asian kid might distract from the purpose of the commercial?
I'm sure it was intentional to get people talking about the ad on the internet.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I keep guessing that his parents are worried that the Vitamin Water is going to make him so alert he notices he was adopted, and that's not at all where they were going with the commercial so I get confused. It's very distracting casting.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This is a local commercial that played last Christmas, and for some unknown reason they just started using it again during the day and late at night on Comedy Central.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF_j-3S6tBk

Little John commercials are the fuckin' best.

Also, the chick in the T-Mobile commercials seems to have something wrong with her left ankle, or she isn't used to standing in heels. I noticed that she wavers alot of that ankle when standing still, especially in the ad where she's dressed like a race car driver. It doesn't ruin anything, she's still cute, and it's barely there,but it's on of those things that I can't unnotice now, like the Fed Ex arrow.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 7, 2011

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

LASTCAR posted:

Over on YouTube, I do commercial mash-ups of the worst of the worst. Here's this year's crop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTDLDzLqWAQ

This is pretty fantastic and I really enjoyed it. Made all those lovely commercials worth something.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hey Arby's I still hate your commercials and the dickbag on them. Just fyi.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Has everyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahsn9rdXb8M

Ten seconds in I was filling with so much hate and had yelled "Are you loving serious!" at the tv. Thank god it wasn't real.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

They are real.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Rhyno posted:

Has everyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahsn9rdXb8M

Ten seconds in I was filling with so much hate and had yelled "Are you loving serious!" at the tv. Thank god it wasn't real.

All I could think of while watching this is how the music at the end was the same music from the Bob's Furniture commercials, which I think everyone parts of New England knows and loves.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I don't like this Sonic commercial;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGOgU3JUpEU&feature=related

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I HATE the cellphone commercial, so much that I can't even remember the company, where the husband comes in and says, "I got us a messaging plan" or the like, and the wife says, "and where is this nonexistant money coming from" and then something to the effect of "I should have married [some name]."

What a hateful bitch. It's not funny, at all, she just comes off as a hateful bitch. I guess this is taking the "dunce husband, smart wife" routine to the next level?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

vyst posted:

The funny thing is I don't even think the black guy (Damon Wayans Jr.) is even on the show anymore - he's going back to Happy Endings since it got renewed.

He's not. There's a different guy in the promo's graphics now. :v:

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Tupping Liberty posted:

I HATE the cellphone commercial, so much that I can't even remember the company, where the husband comes in and says, "I got us a messaging plan" or the like, and the wife says, "and where is this nonexistant money coming from" and then something to the effect of "I should have married [some name]."

What a hateful bitch. It's not funny, at all, she just comes off as a hateful bitch. I guess this is taking the "dunce husband, smart wife" routine to the next level?

The company in question for that ad is AT&T. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwtz2Au6BGQ

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

They are real.

Yo-Yo balls owned and I will not hear any different.

gameface posted:

The company in question for that ad is AT&T. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwtz2Au6BGQ

I can't stop seeing Hellen Mirren in her :psyduck:

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

gameface posted:

I didn't read the whole description of that before I started playing it and I got a strong living-at-home manchild/poopsocker and his mom vibe from it at 1st.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

gameface posted:

I had just caught the end of that the other day (I don't get to watch a lot of TV) and my mother commented that the wife had an attached greenhouse which is not exactly an expense that pays for itself either, so what was she complaining about?

I think it ranks up there with those horrible yogurt ads where the wife snaps at her husband for trying to find the Boston Cream Pie she's been secretly eating. Her back is turned to the fridge but she interrupts her phone call to turn and bitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdRLYqP7ZoM

I long for him to snap back, "I'm looking in my loving fridge, bitch, what does it LOOK like I'm doing!? drat."

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

That70sHeidi posted:

I think it ranks up there with those horrible yogurt ads

If it ranks up with those, then it also ranks up with (chew chew) "no dear, I haven't seen your lean pockets" (chew chew)

Play those on repeat enough you can get someone to kill themselves. (translate them to Arabic, call CIA enahanced interrogations unit, profit.)

MillionsV
Jun 11, 2010

DJExile posted:

I can't stop seeing Hellen Mirren in her :psyduck:

I can't stop seeing myself in Helen Mirren. :pervert:

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
A few years ago there was a PSA on PBS that just showed a baby monitor on table with the sounds of a baby screaming and coughing coming through it for a good 30 seconds before someone reaches over and turns the baby monitor off.

I guess it was about second-hand smoke(I never watched to the end because SO.loving.ANNOYING) but jesus christ, how did they get the baby to scream and cough like that?

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Seventh_Samurai
Jul 5, 2007
dick blick

Haerc posted:

A few years ago there was a PSA on PBS that just showed a baby monitor on table with the sounds of a baby screaming and coughing coming through it for a good 30 seconds before someone reaches over and turns the baby monitor off.

I guess it was about second-hand smoke(I never watched to the end because SO.loving.ANNOYING) but jesus christ, how did they get the baby to scream and cough like that?

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Reminds me of this commercial about the Adult Pertussis Vaccine, which has a similar delivery: listen to a baby cough and wheeze for 30 seconds. While I get that having whooping cough as a baby sucks, listening to what sounds like the same two coughs looped doesn't make me more sympathetic to it.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Seventh_Samurai posted:

Reminds me of this commercial about the Adult Pertussis Vaccine, which has a similar delivery: listen to a baby cough and wheeze for 30 seconds. While I get that having whooping cough as a baby sucks, listening to what sounds like the same two coughs looped doesn't make me more sympathetic to it.

The one I'm talking about had 0 talking, just a solid 20-30 seconds of screaming baby then a message in text at the end saying something about second-hand smoke.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

That AT&T ad that starts with some douchebag in Generic European Village saying "duh excuse me, my great grandfather used to live here" into his phone to translate to some bewildered old man. I like to imagine that if they had extended that scene the old man would've said "So loving what, you think I knew him just because I'm old?"

Death Bear
Apr 1, 2010

Haerc posted:

The one I'm talking about had 0 talking, just a solid 20-30 seconds of screaming baby then a message in text at the end saying something about second-hand smoke.
There was a PSA about secondhand smoke I saw a few times that had a cat coughing and wheezing for a good 15 seconds or so, then had a text screen mentioning feline asthma from secondhand smoke.

I know it's true from firsthand experience, but watching that cat wheeze and gasp for air broke my heart. :( I'm glad I haven't seen the baby one, it'd probably hurt to watch even more.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Part-Time Robot posted:

There was a PSA about secondhand smoke I saw a few times that had a cat coughing and wheezing for a good 15 seconds or so, then had a text screen mentioning feline asthma from secondhand smoke.

I know it's true from firsthand experience, but watching that cat wheeze and gasp for air broke my heart. :( I'm glad I haven't seen the baby one, it'd probably hurt to watch even more.

When I lived in Pittsburgh, the local rock'n'roll station, WDVE, played a commercial talking about vaccinating your kids. And the background was a child with whooping cough and his concerned mother reassuring him.

The cough was so over the top, people called in thinking it was a comedy bit and asking them to replay it!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jesus Subway, quit it with the loving kid voices.

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
Pretty soon yogurt and cleaning supplies commercials are just going to have the smart, hot wife and dumb, chubby husband just completely beating the poo poo out of each other with baseball bats.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H5rGuxW3gQ

That poor woman just looks so afraid to be manhandled by the "sexy blacksmith" type dude.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

aquatic sideshow posted:

Pretty soon yogurt and cleaning supplies commercials are just going to have the smart, hot wife and dumb, chubby husband just completely beating the poo poo out of each other with baseball bats.

I actually think that would be an improvement. Let 'em punch around their ungrateful smug loving kids as well and I'd buy whatever they were selling.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

AA is for Quitters posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H5rGuxW3gQ

That poor woman just looks so afraid to be manhandled by the "sexy blacksmith" type dude.

I see the ripping off of Old Spice Guy has begun in earnest.

Actually, I thought it was kinda funny. (liquid gold)

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

DJExile posted:

Jesus Subway, quit it with the loving kid voices.

I can't tell if I'm more tired of that aspect or the "our food is so good, people are going to ask you if they can have some (because they can't afford to spend five loving dollars apparently)" one.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Notgothic posted:

I can't tell if I'm more tired of that aspect or the "our food is so good, people are going to ask you if they can have some (because they can't afford to spend five loving dollars apparently)" one.

Friends or coworkers asking for a bite of something that looks good isn't really uncommon so that doesn't as much bother me, but the kids voices are grating. That said, they're at least not nearly as bad as they were in those older spots in the office.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

DJExile posted:

That said, they're at least not nearly as bad as they were in those older spots in the office.

Really? I think the construction workers are the worst. The black guy has a full sandwich when the other guys play Rock, Paper, Scissors. They play one round, turn back to the black guy and he had EATEN THE WHOLE SANDWICH IN FIVE SECONDS!

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Jubs posted:

Really? I think the construction workers are the worst. The black guy has a full sandwich when the other guys play Rock, Paper, Scissors. They play one round, turn back to the black guy and he had EATEN THE WHOLE SANDWICH IN FIVE SECONDS!

There's a longer version of that commercial where they argue about how to do it (on three or go) and then do best two out of three. I saw that version first, and only once. It makes more sense, but it's also more grating.

A Fistful of Owls
Sep 2, 2006

I remember the day you followed me home.

That70sHeidi posted:

I think it ranks up there with those horrible yogurt ads where the wife snaps at her husband for trying to find the Boston Cream Pie she's been secretly eating. Her back is turned to the fridge but she interrupts her phone call to turn and bitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdRLYqP7ZoM

I long for him to snap back, "I'm looking in my loving fridge, bitch, what does it LOOK like I'm doing!? drat."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this one is just in your head. She sounds confused, not harsh or demeaning. It's a dumb ad for other reasons but it sounds more like you're projecting your own issues on to it.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s_0KybCW04&feature=player_embedded

Who has their toilet paper just sitting out on a table or something and not hanging off a roller? Even if they do have it sitting out why would you want to take the extra step of covering and uncovering it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jubs posted:

It's the voices, mainly.

Darth Freddy posted:

This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s_0KybCW04&feature=player_embedded

Who has their toilet paper just sitting out on a table or something and not hanging off a roller? Even if they do have it sitting out why would you want to take the extra step of covering and uncovering it?

That does suck but at least it's free (in exchange for signing up for constant emails or something, I'm sure), and the puppy getting a quick nod was cool.