Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Astro7x posted:

One of the first things Bischoff did when he took over WCW in 1993 was did massive amounts of taping in a row at MGM Studios to save money. This was during the incident where Sid stabbed Arn Anderson with a pair of scissors and was fired.... but all this happened after the TV tapings where Sid had already won the World Title, and I think they just had to scrap the matches. There was also the snafu where Austin and Pillman were supposed to drop the tag titles to the horsemen at a live Clash of the Champions to reflect the TV tapings. When Pillman was injured, Regal had to defend the titles with Austin in order for the title change to happen.

Of course back in 1993 internet spoilers were not as readily available as they are now.

I know I was pointing out how stupid that idea was in the first place. Also there where dirt sheets and they also tried to kick out fans so they could control who was cheered for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Astro7x posted:

One of the first things Bischoff did when he took over WCW in 1993 was did massive amounts of taping in a row at MGM Studios to save money. This was during the incident where Sid stabbed Arn Anderson with a pair of scissors and was fired.... but all this happened after the TV tapings where Sid had already won the World Title, and I think they just had to scrap the matches. There was also the snafu where Austin and Pillman were supposed to drop the tag titles to the horsemen at a live Clash of the Champions to reflect the TV tapings. When Pillman was injured, Regal had to defend the titles with Austin in order for the title change to happen.

Of course back in 1993 internet spoilers were not as readily available as they are now.

It also lead to guys losing titles before they even won them.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

I know I was pointing out how stupid that idea was in the first place. Also there where dirt sheets and they also tried to kick out fans so they could control who was cheered for.

Yeah I think it was the death of wcw book that someone mentioned they specifically targeted smarks and just refused to let them in and packed the crowds with little kids and families who would give them the reactions they wanted.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TNA has a long way to go until it reaches the level of WCW but they are trying.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The storyline idiocy is almost secondary to the business problems the Disney tapings caused. In the early 90s, syndicated shows were still somewhat important and valuable both for revenue and to plug your house shows. By putting such out of date shows on the air, they hurt their viewership and the ability to use them as a marketing tool. According to Bischoff they were a huge success though! (He's stupid.)

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
For the podcast I'm on, we decided to start doing a roundtable. Our first episode is on WCW Nitro's "Owen Hart" episode, the Nitro that happened opposite of the Owen Hart tribute and how WCW had no chance to win and they knew it. I thought I would review it for PSP.

After like three minutes of recap, the show finally kicks off with Bam Bam mocking Saturn and Raven as they get to the arena, before DDP attacks them from behind and they put a beat down on the two (who were WCW Tag Champs at the time).

Bobby Heenan looks really uncomfortable. Shiavonie sounds totally business until it comes to expressing his sadness on Owen dying. He then goes right back into talking about Randy Savage, who is being expressed as an absolute killer (and deservingly so, Savage at this time was a monster again). They also build up a video to show us what Eric Bischoff means to pro wrestling. Yikes. They knew nobody was watching.

We go right into a match between Chavo Guerrerro and Van Hammer, who has updated his character, "Because that's what the fans want!". Chavo is clearly on "put over" duty and looks good while Van Hammer looks like Van Hammer. Shiavonie has so much trouble talking about the match at hand. Van Hammer wins with an Alabama Slam. He then shouts at the camera post match. I miss that.

Savage video time. Pretty harmless. The music sounds like it was from a Prodigy album.

After commercial, Nitro Girls are hanging out with the Nitro DJ. He actually asks the crowd for their opinion on Saturn and Raven vs. Bam Bam and DDP. I guess he had value afterall!

Disco Inferno time. Mean Gene seemed shocked at the response for Disco. Disco had great music. Mr. Carlisle is dancing right now I bet. Disco takes his glasses off to show what Randy Savage did to him at Thunder. He looks messed up. I'm being nostalgic but I miss interviews in the middle of the ring too. Disco tries to say Savage is threatened by the young talent in WCW. Yeah... no. Oh, and Ernest Miller's music hits! Mr. Carlisle is definitely dancing now! The Cat couldn't wrestle but he sure could dance. He takes forever to get to the ring though. Sonny Oono is with him being one of the most useless managers in WCW. Miller is hilarious, saying everyone is WCW cries when they get beat up. "These people wanna see me dance, they don't wanna see you cry!" And we got a fight. Carolina is actually hot for this. Remember hot wrestling crowds for midcarders? Ref in the ring means we got a match... sort of. Okay, ref gets tossed and others come out to stop the Cat. The referee covers Disco's face with a striped towel. I don't get it.

The Cat starts cutting a promo again and it's cut off because backstage we goto... the nWo B-Team!? They decide to play a practical joke and claim that Miller is calling out Scott Norton (who was in the middle of shaving). Norton is so pissed he doesn't even clean off the shaving cream and goes to the ring. Stevie Ray, Hoarace, Bryan Adams and Vincent laugh. Norton gets a big pop for attacking Miller. I'm confused, isn't the nWo B-Team heels? Oh well. Nobody watched this Nitro anyway.

Mike Tenay enters Ric Flair's "office". Commercial time!

I guess we now get a video promoting Kevin Nash.

Ric Flair is telling El Dandy he is the greatest Mexican warrior and he'll make him the biggest Latin star. Why does this not get as mentioned as much as Bret Hart's promo about Dandy? He's being told to go wrestle David Flair. But he's also being told to lose to David Flair when Arn Anderson gives the signal. Oh dear. Now Sarge is telling Flair he won't ever take a dive. This is terrible. I think they are telling DeBruce he'll face Chris Benoit. Flair and Anderson then tell the camera to shut off. Crazy.

Okerlund back out now talking to Tenay who says stuff about Nash. Nash has demanded a match with Randy Savage for Great American Bash. And now Flair is coming out to the ring after just having like a five minute segment backstage? Jesus. Carolina goes nuts for Flair, but not as nuts as I'd expect. "Young lady, your MOTHER rode Space Mountain 20 years ago. WOOO! You might get to ride tonight!" Oh poo poo, he called out a fat boy in the audience! I love this Flair. "He dropped an elbow on my personal Charles Robinson!" He just made the elbow illegal. That's... crazy. "I'M THE BOSS! I KNOW WHAT CAMERA TO LOOK AT!" Now he's taking off his clothes. He tells Piper and Bischoff to get walking. Flair starts losing his voice. "Good night, don't give me the signal, I know when I'm done. WOOOOOOO!" I usually hate Flair but stuff like this makes me a loving mark for him.

We come back from commercial and Shiavonie mentions Owen Hart's death again. NEVER MIND THAT, HERE COMES EL DANDY! And now here comes David Flair with Torrie Wilson, Ric Flair and Arn Anderson. Yes, three straight segments with Flair in them. Poor David Flair. His physique is barely better than mine right now. If Ric Flair wants to put his son over, why does he have him wearing jeans? Also, I've noticed all WCW wrestlers wear Tommy Hilfiger jeans. I hope they had an endorsement deal. Anderson gave Dandy an awesome spinebuster so David could win.

Oh wow, this is better. Buff Bagwell. Why did I complain about Ric Flair? It's another interview too. I'm starting to no longer miss these so much when they happen so often. This is all just about building up Macho as a killer again. Buff Bagwell was a mediocre promo as a babyface. He was more than acceptable as a midcard heel but a babyface... man he's just so average.

There's now something about crowning EA's WCW Mayhem. Sting and DDP have a match. Bret Hart came out. Sting crowned, "WCW Mayhem Champion". I don't know either.

Next we get some girl with a camera freeze telling us she knows that Disco Inferno's favourite band is Hanson. And that some bald dude gets WCW Insider newsletter and I don't. And some guy with glasses rubbed Goldberg's head. I guess all TNA needs is a secret society and an insider newsletter.

Back to "Wrestling", we actually go to a video for Eric Bischoff and his wrestling achievements, while he chronicles his career. This is trying hard to make Bischoff look good. Listing a bunch of WCW achievements as Bischoff achievements. Yikes, they even mentioned Raw. There's a shot of Hogan shouting at Bischoff in the Nitro booth and all I can notice is how bored Elizabeth looks in the background. Bischoff suddenly turns grey and they build up how Flair went insane and Bischoff is now being a "good guy". "Should we give Bischoff another chance?" Man, they are asking this in 1999!?

Hey look, a 12 man battle royale! It's so colourful and full of Cruiserweights! Kidman sticks out like a sore thumb dressed terribly in jorts and a white muscle shirt. Blitzkrieg skins the cat then tosses Lash LeRoux out (eliminating himself at the same time). We finally get another elimination as the second worst TV Champion ever Prince Ieukea gets tossed out by Kidman (like five minutes since the last elimination). Now Hugh Morrus shows up for no reason and starts beating up cruiserweights because Jimmy Hart told him to. What? The Cruisers then gang up on him but... it does nothing. He's now tossing them out left and right. It's now down to Juvi, Kidman and... Hugh Morrus. Morrus then becomes the first man in history to powerbomb Kidman without Kidman reversing. Rey Mysterio (sans mask) comes out for the big save. By the way, this was for a title shot AGAINST Rey. That made no god drat sense.

But Nitro girls dancing makes sense.

Okerlund back in the ring to bring out Piper. gently caress, another interview!? Piper looks spaced out. Piper is playing dead so Macho comes out... and he does! Or no, his women do. Piper accused Miss Madness (Molly Holly) of being a slut to get to be called Miss Madness 99. You couldn't be further from the truth, Piper! Georgeous George had the worst eyebrows ever. And ugly teeth. Ric Flair comes out to stop Piper from shouting at the women and the two fossils start swinging. Then DDP and Bam Bam come out to attack Piper. Wasn't DDP a Champion just a few months prior? They keep calling them, "These two men from the Jersey Shore." Kinda funny to hear that. DDP and Bam Bam beat down Piper so Flair would give them a tag title shot. It's nice to see the tag titles valued.

3dfx is one of WCW's sponsors. They no longer exist. They also made an awesome PC controller called the Hammerhead fx.

Benoit and Malenko promo with Anderson. Benoit is ripping on Flair. Malenko tells Benoit to "take his time" with Sarge. AA agrees to make an example out of him.

Video addressing Lex and Sting being BFF's.

Commercial for the Nitro Grill. One of my disappointments in life was to never get to go here :(

Piper getting taped with a promo. Yawn.

Curt Hennig comes out for no reason wearing a Minnesota Wrestling sweater. Now some video I pretty much didn't pay attention to.

Benoit and Malenko out now. Malenko isn't wrestling so he looks dapper in a golf shirt. He already looked like a road agent. Benoit has an arm band in tribute for Owen. Hennig sounded angry talking about how the business needs more respect after Owen Hart's death, "especially after Rick Rude's death". Benoit does a single ridiculous German to DeBruce. Sarge was garbage, but comically looked like a midget version of Brock Lesnar with a gut. It doesn't feel right for Benoit to be facing Wayne DeBruce tonight. No wonder Bret picked Benoit to face him for the true tribute to Owen. Carolina loves the Crippler. Malenko points it out to the camera at the end of the match which was pretty cool.

Now we got TV Champ Rick Steiner vs. Buff Bagwell. Sorry, I'm pretty much going to skip this. Luger in a Sting Monster Truck came to the ring. I wonder how much that cost for a Nitro nobody is watching.

More Nitro Girl dancing. Kimberly's breasts are wonderful.

Hennig is now making fun of Konnan and rap music. Now Konnan is out and the two are brawling.

After commercial, Hugh Morrus and Jimmy Hart call out Rey Mysterio. Rey has the advantage until Hart trips him and Morrus drops a stiff as gently caress elbow drop. I still don't see the point of this. Morrus powerbombs Rey hard and Jimmy grabs a chair. Morrus goes up for the No Laughing Matter but Konnan stops him. Kidman slides in REALLY loving FAST and ends up powerbombing Hugh Morrus. Now it's a beat down on Jimmy Hart too. I get it now, the formation of the Filthy Animals! It finally makes sense. Kind of.

Hogan now comes out on crutches wearing a Wolfpac shirt. Shiavonie is clearly treating him like a babyface. Except Hogan cuts a heel promo. I skipped most of it.

Now Kevin Nash comes out to a big pop and the WCW Worlds Heavyweight Championship. Wait, where the gently caress is Goldberg!? Nash talks and Savage's ladies interrupt. Gorgeous George is now on Hogan's crutches. Medusa attacks him, Nash defends and then Savage comes out to attack Nash. Savage puts lipstick on Nash. Clearly this did not catch on.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND FLAIR IS BACK OUT AGAIN. Wow. And Aysa looking like the Great American Bash herself is out as well. DDP and Bam Bam follow. I guess this is a six man tag? Wow, thanks for the announcement WCW. Couldn't do it in the fifty Flair segments!? Piper comes out with taped ribs and Piper brings out... Malenko and Benoit? Wahhhh? What a twist! Benoit and Malenko are clearly angry that DDP and Bam Bam got the tag title shot instead of them. The match is good for who is in the ring but I was too tired while watching it. It turns into an out of ring brawl up the ramp of doom as Benoit takes care of Flair and Saturn/Raven take care of DDP and Bigelow (Oh yeah, they came out.) Piper puts up Benoit's arm in the air to put him over and the camera instead focuses on Flair. Suddenly they go to Hogan without crutches and a chair with Page on the ground, clearly having hit him as the unwatched by anyone Nitro comes to a close.

Wow. I wrote a lot. This was a two and a half hour Nitro. Hopefully this gives people a glimpse of what WCW was like in 1999 and why the wheels were off. There was very little structure to the show. Flair was in several segments and some things were very painfully obvious (Savage not being at the show then being at the show). It was nice for WCW to pay tribute to Owen at the start of the show, as well as give Hennig time to talk about it as a tragedy. That said, nobody was watching this because Owen died and he died in the WWF. Strange enough, the two people who seemed most affected throughout the show were Bobby Heenan (was even more subdued and uncaring than he usually was in 1999) and Curt Hennig. Benoit paid tribute with an arm band but he seemed the same old Benoit. Which means he was holding in his emotions. We all know how that came to be.

When I talk about missing WCW, this really isn't the reason why. 1999 Nitro wasn't very good, but you could still find enjoyment. They also had a huge cast of wrestlers, so big it was almost law of averages for you to get a good match or feud once in a while. Even with this era being bad, and things getting worse, WCW could have still been fixed in May of 1999. It wasn't a lost cause yet. You'd have to wait for Vince Russo for that to be true. And even then, I wish that lost cause was still around.

Paper Jam Dipper fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 17, 2011

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Astro7x posted:

There's a Foley story about these tapings, where he sees Paul Orndorff and Paul Roma cutting a promo about having beaten Cactus Jack and Kevin Sullivan for the tag titles. Only problem is that Jack and Sullivan haven't won them yet.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Great write-up LR. Seeing so many of those names is just depressing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

drat, I'd completely forgotten about the Nitro Girls. WWE needs to bring them back.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

coconono posted:

drat, I'd completely forgotten about the Nitro Girls. WWE needs to bring them back.

And a DJ

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

bobkatt013 posted:

And a DJ

They had one :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

They had one :(

That is not DJ Ran

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

bobkatt013 posted:

That is not DJ Ran

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

So I've worked for Bigfoot the monster truck off and on for the last several years. We were the ones that did the famous Hogan-Giant "monster truck wrestling" match at Halloween Havoc. We also had various WCW themed trucks around this time.

Anyways, I was reading through Bischoff's book recently, and he actually talks about it. He said something about after he saw what we were charging him, he refused to work with us and said we were unreasonable or some poo poo. I asked the guys in the shop about it today, and they said the "wrestletruck" bullshit was very expensive and major pain in the rear end to do.

First off, countless transmissions were melted just for that tiny segment to be filmed. Hydraulic cylinders were mounted to the trucks chassis. A driver would hit a switch to toggle the cylinder, which would lift the truck's front off the ground slightly, therefore letting the other truck have more traction to push it.

It was a colossal pain in the rear end and was very expensive to do. Bischoff sounded like a prick.

Figured you guys would find it interesting.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

So I've worked for Bigfoot the monster truck off and on for the last several years. We were the ones that did the famous Hogan-Giant "monster truck wrestling" match at Halloween Havoc. We also had various WCW themed trucks around this time.

Anyways, I was reading through Bischoff's book recently, and he actually talks about it. He said something about after he saw what we were charging him, he refused to work with us and said we were unreasonable or some poo poo. I asked the guys in the shop about it today, and they said the "wrestletruck" bullshit was very expensive and major pain in the rear end to do.

First off, countless transmissions were melted just for that tiny segment to be filmed. Hydraulic cylinders were mounted to the trucks chassis. A driver would hit a switch to toggle the cylinder, which would lift the truck's front off the ground slightly, therefore letting the other truck have more traction to push it.

It was a colossal pain in the rear end and was very expensive to do. Bischoff sounded like a prick.

Now does the same company that did all that do the Madusa one? Isn't that one still going?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

It makes... some sense to use monster trucks for big moments like Giant vs. Hogan. It's terrible booking and nobody gives a poo poo but when you're going to spend money, at least do it for something your audience is supposed to be watching.

This was a live Nitro, in a third hour segment which nobody was watching because Owen died. Hell if Owen had lived I'm sure people still wouldn't have watched because a WWF PPV where there was a WWF World Title change just took place. If they already ordered the monster truck and couldn't back out I guess I can understand, but to waste that money for an upper midcard feud between Sting/Luger vs. The Steiners and use a monster truck on free TV... it's mindboggling. It's a great example of wasting money because you have it.

I hope I'm not sounding like wrestling is better than monster trucks, because it's honestly not. It's just they don't mix that well, or at least don't mix that well for the cost.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
I never saw any of them but how were those Road Wild PPV's? I always liked the idea of a special Saturday PPV in the summer for some reason, but I always thought it was weird and yet strangely normal for WCW to have a show where the entire audience were dudes on their bikes.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

chazburgr posted:

I never saw any of them but how were those Road Wild PPV's? I always liked the idea of a special Saturday PPV in the summer for some reason, but I always thought it was weird and yet strangely normal for WCW to have a show where the entire audience were dudes on their bikes.

They were the drizzling shits. Benoit and Malenko put on a technical clinic and got booed out of the ring. They didn't make any money because they didn't charge to get in.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Moose Bigelow posted:

They were the drizzling shits. Benoit and Malenko put on a technical clinic and got booed out of the ring. They didn't make any money because they didn't charge to get in.

Pretty much. It was a summer retreat for Eric Bischoff and all of the other wrestlers in WCW (I guess there were at least like five) who were hog enthusiasts.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The only way to get heat was if a wrestler turned up on a Honda bike.

And Hogan turned up dressed in all black and unsurprisingly got the biggest face pop of the night, I believe.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
There was also a match where Madusa vs I think Aja Kong had the stip of winner smashes the losers bike. Maduse called her opponent's bike a Rice Rocket.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Moose Bigelow posted:

There was also a match where Madusa vs I think Aja Kong had the stip of winner smashes the losers bike. Maduse called her opponent's bike a Rice Rocket.

Pretty common nickname for Japanese bikes though. Either that or crotch rockets.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Akileese posted:

Pretty common nickname for Japanese bikes though. Either that or crotch rockets.

Yes but when your company has a history of racial insensitivity you should show some semblance of avoiding it if you can.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Moose Bigelow posted:

Yes but when your company has a history of racial insensitivity you should show some semblance of avoiding it if you can.
It's cool, Aja is half black. Wait, I think that makes it worse. :stare:

I don't remember Aja in WCW though, just Medusa. I remember hearing of Aja in the WWF though. When was she around WCW and was it worth watching?

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 18, 2011

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
It was Bull Nakano, not Aja Kong.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.
I picked up a copy of Hog Wild 1996 for £2 when I was 11. I remember that Hulk Hogan was on the front in his red & yellow get-up but was actually Hollywood Hogan in his match with The Giant. There was also one commentator whose entire output seemed to consist of pointing out 'the sea of heads'.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

MrBling posted:

It was Bull Nakano, not Aja Kong.

It's easy to forget when Aja Kong was in the WWF because she never got a chance to really do much. Alundra Blayze got fired before the program could go anywhere. She's in an eight women tag match at Survivor Series 95.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
God bored, here are some Road Wild highlights:

Diamond Dallas Page and Jay Leno (with Kevin Eubanks) defeated Hollywood Hogan and Eric Bischoff (with The Disciple and Miss Elizabeth) (14:34)

Leno pinned Bischoff after Eubanks hit a Diamond Cutter on Bischoff.

At the end of the show, Travis Tritt performed a mini-concert.

Hulk Hogan defeated Kevin Nash in a Retirement match to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Mohammeds Radio
Dec 8, 2007
Get up and dance! Get up and dance or I'll kill ya! And I got the means too!
The best of Nitro DVD is on Netflix now, I watched the DDP/Sting title match they have on there and it was really, really good, probably DDP's best match, and after the match was over DDP popped up doing his DVD host thing then said something about even though he lost that match, he got the title back later that night.

WCW :argh:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Mohammeds Radio posted:

The best of Nitro DVD is on Netflix now, I watched the DDP/Sting title match they have on there and it was really, really good, probably DDP's best match, and after the match was over DDP popped up doing his DVD host thing then said something about even though he lost that match, he got the title back later that night.

WCW was the kings of giving the finish that should have happened on the PPV the next night on Nitro. When I reviewed the Owen Hart Nitro they mentioned how Bischoff beat Flair for control of WCW, but then THE NEXT NIGHT Flair beat him for control.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Public Enemy were tag champs for a week. That was both awesome and lovely the way they won and lost them for no reason on nitro two weeks in a row.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Mohammeds Radio posted:

Guh, and i paid full money for that. I find it very strange that they are putting full WWE DVDs on Netflix, but just streaming only. You can't rent a disc for a lot of the streaming only titles.

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.
Just chiming in to say that, as I posted in the wrestling questions thread, I have never ever n my life watched any WCW programming so this evening I'm sitting down and watching the Nitro where Hall and Nash debuted and will try and watch them week after week from there. The American Males/Anderson and Flair tag match that's curtain jerking is making me fondly remember how tag team matches don't have to be poo poo sandwiches on Raw or Smackdown if people gave a drat. :(

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I just had a random memory pop into my head. It was after the invasion, and Mike Awesome was discussing his plans for his new tights with the seamstress. You see, he wanted the right leg to say "AWESOME" and... and the left leg... it would say "AWESOME"

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

triplexpac posted:

I just had a random memory pop into my head. It was after the invasion, and Mike Awesome was discussing his plans for his new tights with the seamstress. You see, he wanted the right leg to say "AWESOME" and... and the left leg... it would say "AWESOME"

It works because he had twice the AWESOME of any normal man.

The Awesome Bomb was simply a way to burn off the excess AWESOME he would accrue during his daily activities.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Space Cob posted:

The Awesome Bomb was simply a way to burn off the excess AWESOME he would accrue during his daily activities.

He had to find away to burn it off since he was no longer a Fat Chick Thrilla.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Space Cob posted:

Hitting Masato Tanaka in the head with a chair accomplishes the same goal.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
He had the best looking over the top rope suicide dives out of anyone I've seen.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

MIKE AWESOME IS A JUDAS AND ITS A SHAME HE DID NOT SUCCEED IN BREAKING HIS OWN NECK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

MIKE AWESOME IS A JUDAS AND ITS A SHAME HE DID NOT SUCCEED IN BREAKING HIS OWN NECK

Second only to "Wrestling has consumed Chris Benoit's life!" in terms of retrospectively uncomfortable commentary.