Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
The latest I've heard on the remake is that it's starting production late this year, the story will have nothing to do with the original book ("out of respect for Barker's work" or something), and the concept art for Pinhead looks like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Grendels Dad posted:

That looks atrociously bad. Weren't there plans for a remake of the first one on the table? At this point I'd take a reboot of the franchise with some fresh ideas over... whatever this is.

There still is a remake in the works this is just being shoved out quickly to keep the rights as the remake has been in development hell for a few years. First Alexandre Bustillo, Julien Maury (Inside) were going to do it, then it was going to be Pascal Laugier (Martyrs) and currently it's going to be Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry/My Bloody Valentine).

I did like Barkers comments on Twitter about Revelations:

Clive Barker posted:

I have NOTHING to do with the fuckin' thing. If they claim its from the mind of Clive Barker,it's a lie. It's not even from my butt-hole.

Also in not too surprising given its success there's a sequel to The Last Exorcism in the works.

live nudes
Jun 17, 2004

we like to watch

QPZIL posted:

The latest I've heard on the remake is that it's starting production late this year, the story will have nothing to do with the original book ("out of respect for Barker's work" or something), and the concept art for Pinhead looks like this:

Jesus. I remember when being a cenobite used to mean something in this town.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

QPZIL posted:

HELLRAISER: REVELATIONS
Starring: Raul Julia as Pinhead

Nah, that would be awesome and a great reason to see the film.

Also I still want a better adaptation of The Hellbound Heart.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 23, 2011

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

QPZIL posted:

Silent Hillraiser

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Nah, that would be awesome and a great reason to see the film.

Also I still want a better adaptation of The Hellbound Heart.

Honestly, the movie only changed a few things and kept most of the overall tone; it just messed up the entire pleasure = pain thing by removing some of the sexual symbolism, which hurt the story a little. It's still close enough that another adaptation would be superfluous.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

QPZIL posted:

It's not out of respect for Barker because he wanted to do the remake but the Weinstein company didn't want him. He said on his site that he even went as far as to hand them a draft and they just kind of shoved it aside.

That nu-Pinhead image is by Gary Tunnicliffe who has been the effects supervisor for several of the direct to video sequels. If you do a search for Project Angel on YouTube you can watch him throw that thing together.

The Hellraiser remake has so many false starts it's not even funny. It'll happen eventually.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm going to suggest 2 that aren't the usual suspects:

Without Warning and Special Bulletin.

These were really entertaining. Thanks. I love these types of movies. Also, Michael Madsen outta nowhere!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Thrust On Moore posted:

You mean the end credits? Honestly, that montage just made this one feel more final than the others. I think they knew this would be the last one, despite rumours about back-to-back sequels.

That's the way I felt about the fourth one, with the x-rays of the previous deaths in the credits.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

QPZIL posted:

Everything below the neck is kinda bad but I like the head.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

RandolphCarter posted:

I don't. One of the scary things about Pinhead is that everything about him is so cool and calculated, even the pins stuck in him with amazing precision.

This just looks like a crazy person, or something out of Thirteen Ghosts or something.

sursumdeorsum
Jan 10, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

This is the rational I use to justify keeping my current girlfriend.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

QPZIL posted:

I don't. One of the scary things about Pinhead is that everything about him is so cool and calculated, even the pins stuck in him with amazing precision.

This just looks like a crazy person, or something out of Thirteen Ghosts or something.

You're right, I didn't even think about that just going from a glance I think that looks scary. But yeah it doesn't really fit Pinhead.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Waterhaul posted:

I did like Barkers comments on Twitter about Revelations:

I'd read/watch something from Clive's o-ring before 90% of the garbage being put out these days...

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

"You have a darkness that rivals my own," says Pinhead to the angsty teen.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

It takes a special kind of wrongheaded thinking to look at an image of a guy in leather flesh-tearing bondage gear with a bunch of pins stuck in his face and say "Hm... do you think it might be too subtle? Let's dial it up a bit."

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So Rubber. That, uh, sure was a movie, right? :crossarms:

eckoelab
Apr 7, 2005

we are chaos in motion

indigenous nudity posted:

Jesus. I remember when being a cenobite used to mean something in this town.

yeah, he kinda looks like a mental patient escaped and crashed into the tool shed. Not quite the Angel of Pain and Suffering he once was.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

weekly font posted:

I watched it really late at night and fell in and out of sleep during the movie. I missed entire scenes, but somehow I felt like I didn't miss a thing.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Slasherfan posted:

Does anyone know why we are getting screwed over with Scream 4 in the UK? It was a big hit over here yet the blu ray has no features on it what so ever.

I don't know the specifics but the video rights to Scream 4 belong to different companies in the US/UK. The US rightsholders managed to snag the features. Same reason there's not going to be a boxset with all four movies, someone else has the video rights to the first three.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

eckoelab posted:

yeah, he kinda looks like a mental patient escaped and crashed into the tool shed. Not quite the Angel of Pain and Suffering he once was.
Speaking of which, I'd love to see a movie adaptation for 'The Suffering' videogame. Crazy monsters inspired by different forms of capital punishment, running amok in a prison on a haunted island? Hell yeah. Here's a low-res trailer that does a pretty good job of giving an overview for the game, and apparently you can download it for PC for free here and here. Honest to god not :filez: as far as I can tell. If it is I'll gladly remove the links.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Xenomrph posted:

Speaking of which, I'd love to see a movie adaptation for 'The Suffering' videogame.

Always thought Marcus Chong would make a good Torque.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

wormil posted:

Always thought Marcus Chong would make a good Torque.
I could get behind that.

Wikipedia tells me there's actually a movie in the works, with Chiwetel Ejiofor slated to play Torque. I don't really see him fitting the character, but I do like him as an actor so I'm not particularly bothered by it.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I'm considering double-dosing on horror movies this weekend and checking out Fright Night and Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. The latter is solely because Guillermo del Toro earned a special place in my heart with The Devil's Backbone, Pan's Labyrinth, and The Orphanage, and now I feel compelled to see everything he produces.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
"Take away a man's light, his clothes, his food, his friends, his air, and you leave him with nothing but himself. And for most, that is not pleasant company."

The Suffering is probably my favorite video game, to be honest. I'd love to see an adaption. Definitely consider downloading that free version if you can get past the dated graphics.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

weekly font posted:

I think it's supposed to be a meta-monologue on the state of film or something like that. I am not very smart so I liked the exploding heads.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I watched it really late at night and fell in and out of sleep during the movie. I missed entire scenes, but somehow I felt like I didn't miss a thing.

I got the feeling that the cast and crew were so proud of just how meta they were being.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dissapointed Owl posted:

These were really entertaining. Thanks. I love these types of movies. Also, Michael Madsen outta nowhere!

Whoa, where? I don't remember that at all. The only two cameos I really noticed were Arthur C. Clarke, chilling in Sri Lanka :stare: and for NY Tri-State area folks, local TV newsman Ernie Anastos.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Whoa, where? I don't remember that at all. The only two cameos I really noticed were Arthur C. Clarke, chilling in Sri Lanka :stare: and for NY Tri-State area folks, local TV newsman Ernie Anastos.

He was in Special Bulletin.

"That guy... That guy is a walking Psycho Ward."

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That owns.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I can watch any horror movie tonight, what should it be?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Lake Mungo.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I watched The Thing again earlier this week and it's as good as I remember it except I watched it in HD for the first time so if you haven't done that you probably should because it is amazing. If you haven't watched The Thing before watch it, there's no other option. If you have watched it before and haven't seen it in HD yet, watch it, there's no other option. If you have watched it in HD watch it again anyway.

Comedy option: Tucker and Dale vs Evil because I loved it and it's hilarious.

weekly font posted:

Rubber is awesome and I loved it even if it dragged a lot in certain parts.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

QPZIL posted:

I can watch any horror movie tonight, what should it be?

The Mist, but in the black and white version on the Blu-Ray. It's done like an extra-long Twilight Zone episode and it's amazing.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

scary ghost dog posted:

The Mist, but in the black and white version on the Blu-Ray. It's done like an extra long Twilight Zone episode and it's amazing.

Maybe if that was the actual context I would have loved that ridiculously stupid ending.

Now I really wanna see the black and white version...

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Technetium posted:

Comedy option: Tucker and Dale vs Evil because I loved it and it's hilarious.

I'm in the mood for a dark gory comedy, so this wins.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

QPZIL posted:

I'm in the mood for a dark gory comedy, so this wins.

Hobo with a Shotgun

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

weekly font posted:

Hobo with a Shotgun

Yeah that would've been good too. Tucker and Dale is more laugh out loud actual comedy whereas Hobo is more like jesus-christ-this-is-so-hosed-but-i'm-laughing-anyway.

That said I laughed about equally at both, I did like Hobo a whole lot more and is one of my favorite movies this year.

edit: also to comment on everything in this thread: i bought the mist special edition that has the black and white version and it's pretty good. it somehow turns a mediocre movie into something decent. i still didn't like it that much but in black and white it's much better.

Technetium fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 25, 2011

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Out of curiosity, since Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil has been brought up, is the redband trailer as spoilery as it seems? It seems like it gives away a ton of the deaths and fun of the movie. For those who've seen it, how bad is that trailer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Do not watch the trailer.