Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

:ssh: So the next episode of The Looney Tunes Show was leaked early. That means you can watch it on Youtube until they take it down I guess. Ok episode, not great, not bad in my opinion.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx9WskKZkVs (sound slightly out of sync)
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggKxEEHZ5k8

Pleasant Friend fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Aug 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I personally don't care for Disney Channel/Disney XD live action shows and the child/teenage stars that come from them, but I gotta ask: has Brenda Song done anything for Disney lately?

Because something tells me this is the end of the line for her Disney career.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Good lord, she looks like she has video game character neck muscles under her eyes.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It looks like The Hub got the rights to all the seasons of Batman:TAS and will begin airing them in September. Also all the season premieres for the Hub's original programming shall also be airing in the month of September as well.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Y-Hat posted:

I personally don't care for Disney Channel/Disney XD live action shows and the child/teenage stars that come from them, but I gotta ask: has Brenda Song done anything for Disney lately?

Disneycest!

Clearly, she wasn't wearing her purity ring.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vaerai Archon posted:

It looks like The Hub got the rights to all the seasons of Batman:TAS and will begin airing them in September. Also all the season premieres for the Hub's original programming shall also be airing in the month of September as well.
This is excellent news!

As for the '90s Are All That block, Rocko's Modern Life and Hey Arnold! are going to be replacing Clarissa Explains It All and Doug starting September 5th. They were the two leading vote-getters on the recent '90s Are All That Facebook poll, so be sure to "Like" that page and make your voice heard for the next poll.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 24, 2011

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

Y-Hat posted:

The Suite Life, which I think has been on since the beginning of time, just ended. Ms. Song's only collaboration with Disney right now is doing a voice-over for a Tinkerbell TV special, which she promoted at the D23 Expo in Anaheim in person before this bombshell dropped.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Is Cartoon Network just throwing a whole bunch of cartoons out to see what sticks? Because this Squirrel show and Almost Naked Animals are really bad. Like, Camp Lazlo or My Gym Partner's a Monkey bad.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Camp Lazlo
Get the gently caress out.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Is Cartoon Network just throwing a whole bunch of cartoons out to see what sticks? Because this Squirrel show and Almost Naked Animals are really bad. Like, Camp Lazlo or My Gym Partner's a Monkey bad.

If you're talking about Regular Show I will cut you!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Did young justice get canceled? I can only find six episodes.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

readingatwork posted:

If you're talking about Regular Show I will cut you!
No Regular Show rules. I'm talking about this new batch of awful Y-TV canadian shitpiles Cartoon Network must buy in bulk.

Johnny Test is unwatchable but at least it only comprises one show. Every time a new Y-TV show pops up it brings us closer to the dark times when CN showed Total Drama Island re-runs for 8 hours a day.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Y-Hat posted:

Hey Arnold! came out near the end of my Nickelodeon watching time, so I didn't watch many episodes of it. After watching a couple of episodes on Netflix Instant, though, I've found out that it's really great. My favorite Nicktoon growing up was Rocko's Modern Life, and even though they're two very different shows, I have to say that Hey Arnold! is better. It captures the soul of living in a city well, and I can't get enough of the jazzy soundtrack.

Helga is extremely creepy, though.

I'm in the same boat. I was a huge Rocko fan as a kid, but I mostly missed out on HA. Reviewing the show now as an adult I feel that it is easily one of the best programs that Nick ever produced, mainly for the reasons mentioned here. Wonderful characters, great music, et cetera. Also, Helga owns. Seriously, they could do a whole show on her and I'd watch it.

Also, I decided to give Problem Solverz another chance since I heard that it's getting a second season and I think it's starting to grow on me. Unlike Adventure Time and Regular Show, however, I'm glad it's confined to an 11-minute format. I can only handle that show in small doses.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

Did young justice get canceled? I can only find six episodes.

Its supposedly on track for the rest of this season and a second one. I've never heard an adequate explanation as to why they aired 6 or so episodes before they had any others ready.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
A rather strange development but a certain specific show about miniture candy colored horses actually got a reformatting. It's now a full blown adventure show like the pilot. They actually added a villan and everything, the reasoning was that the larger than expected audiance caught them off guard so they're going to make the next season appeal to a more diverse demographic.

It sounds like they're going to try and make it in the same vein as Bone or one of Don Bluth's movies.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 26, 2011

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

From what I've heard it's just a two parter returning to that format (which the pilot used).

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

IRQ posted:

From what I've heard it's just a two parter returning to that format (which the pilot used).

Ah I'm hoping there will be more in the near future. I know the original series did some really strange things with the bad guys, like having a warlord who captured them and transformed them into Hydras to pull his chariot of fire so he could take over the world and turn it into a hellish nightmare.

I know they've announced the whole Crisis on Infinite Earth type tie in with all the other hasbro properties like Transformers and GiJoe, but nobody has any idea if it's just going to be just a toy promotion or an actual movie thing.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 26, 2011

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Vaerai Archon posted:

A rather strange development but a certain specific show about miniture candy colored horses actually got a reformatting. It's now a full blown adventure show like the pilot. They actually added a villan and everything, the reasoning was that the larger than expected audiance caught them off guard so they're going to make the next season appeal to a more diverse demographic.

It sounds like they're going to try and make it in the same vein as Bone or one of Don Bluth's movies.

Everything I hear about season 2 makes me think that they're going to try way, way too hard to appeal to the internet and fail amazingly. They got Devid Tennant to voice a pony because one of the fan nicknames for a background character was Doctor Hooves!

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Farbtoner posted:

Everything I hear about season 2 makes me think that they're going to try way, way too hard to appeal to the internet and fail amazingly. They got Devid Tennant to voice a pony because one of the fan nicknames for a background character was Doctor Hooves!

The strange thing is Hasbro is apparently real picky about quality control and the direction of the show, despite the toys not even being an accurate representation of anything in the show. I think other than the executive producer, the entire staff is still the same so other than fan nods the consistancy should still be at the same levels.

They retro-fitted Derpy Hooves into Dewdrop Dazzle or one of the other pre-existing ponies that hasbo retained the rights to. Apparently the word Derp or Spastic are PC no-no's in England something.

I really don't see anything all that forboding honestly, fan nods are nothing new and tons of shows have done them with a far more extravgant fashion and pulled it off well.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 26, 2011

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

Vaerai Archon posted:

They retro-fitted Derpy Hooves into Dewdrop Dazzle or one of the other pre-existing ponies that hasbo retained the rights to. Apparently the word Derp or Spastic are PC no-no's in England something.

I'm not sure about "derp", but "spastic" is definitely un-PC in England (basically equivalent to "retarded").

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Well as long as "miniature horse magenta pastry" is still one step away from being a serial killer I'm more than happy. And on the other note I think it's really weird that Young Justice only aired six episodes then they went off to go make a second season instead of finishing the first. I can't help but think of the legend of Korra in this regard. It's just so weird.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

As I posted before, Aatrek says it's OK to talk about MLP in this thread, but I wouldn't get carried away with it or else this thread could suffer the consequences.

Vaerai Archon posted:

Anybody else think that this might backfire? One of the excuses that I've heard from the fanbase whose name for themselves I refuse to post about why they watch the show is that it isn't just a stupid action show for kids and that it teaches them valuable lessons in friendship and blah blah blah. I'm sure many of them will still watch, but if there's significant backlash then they'll regret doing this.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I haven't seen this Squirrel show and only snippets of Almost Naked Animals, but they don't look good. You can tell that they're Canadian cartoon trash because they look obviously animated in Flash. Just take solace in the fact that they're only shown in the afternoon instead of taking up the couple of hours before Adult Swim reserved for stuff like Adventure Time, Regular Show, and (ugh) Johnny Test.

Also Camp Lazlo isn't bad at all. I think it's created by Joe Murray, the creator of Rocko's Modern Life. I can recognize a couple of voices that were in Rocko that are also in Camp Lazlo.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Are you talking about Squirrel Boy? That was super old and got cancelled quickly.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Farbtoner posted:

They got Devid Tennant to voice a pony because one of the fan nicknames for a background character was Doctor Hooves!

Do you have confirmation on this? Because it just sounds like fan wishing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Y-Hat posted:

Also Camp Lazlo isn't bad at all. I think it's created by Joe Murray, the creator of Rocko's Modern Life. I can recognize a couple of voices that were in Rocko that are also in Camp Lazlo.

It was, I can't find a clip right now, but the last episode even featured a cameo appearance by Heffer Wolfe.

Cliff Racer posted:

Are you talking about Squirrel Boy? That was super old and got cancelled quickly.

Nope, he's talking about Scaredy Squirrel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I saw a couple of minutes of that the other day when I got done playing a game and had switched back to the cable feed. It was bland as hell.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Y-Hat posted:

I watched a couple episodes of Rocko on Netflix a month or two back, and boy has that show not aged well.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

Well as long as "miniature horse magenta pastry" is still one step away from being a serial killer I'm more than happy. And on the other note I think it's really weird that Young Justice only aired six episodes then they went off to go make a second season instead of finishing the first. I can't help but think of the legend of Korra in this regard. It's just so weird.

LoK is getting it's soundtrack recorded, which is why they still have time to keep it off and work to finish the second half of the season.

And since the soundtrack is one of the great things of an already great show, I'm all for them taking their sweet time. :colbert:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

raditts posted:

I watched a couple episodes of Rocko on Netflix a month or two back, and boy has that show not aged well.

The cream is still extremely good, though. Zanzibar and "I Have No Son!" could be played on repeat and never get very old.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

raditts posted:

Really? I go back to watch Rocko every now and then and it never fails to entertain me. I think it held up rather well.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Rocko's first season doesn't hold up well at all, but I didn't really like those episodes even when I was a kid. Everything else is pretty strong, and a lot of the "Haha get ready kids because once you're out there on your own things are going to suck hard" messages come through a lot more clearly now.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

JethroMcB posted:

Rocko's first season doesn't hold up well at all, but I didn't really like those episodes even when I was a kid. Everything else is pretty strong, and a lot of the "Haha get ready kids because once you're out there on your own things are going to suck hard" messages come through a lot more clearly now.

Oh, yeah. Watching it as an adult, I find myself going, "Yup, dealt with that. Yep, that's true too." As a kid, I always assumed that all of Rocko's adventures were silly, absurd and implausible, but now, they seem all-too-close to reality.

I think my only objection to the show it that it's often too drat loud, and gets a little too frantic in spots, to the point where it becomes unpleasant and hard to follow. (Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to finish these prunes, and catch a bit of the Lawrence Welk Show before bed at 7.)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
After watching all the episodes on their new DVD set, I love Kukla, Fran and Ollie...and I want you to love them, too.

Don't know how many of you are up for an archive dig through the dawn of television, but this looked like the right thread to drop in KFO...or the least wrong one, since this improvised half-hour puppet show was one of the first TV kids' shows that seemed to have a bigger following with adults. Rather than me going into the hard sell, the producers of this set have put up the now-inevitable Youtube promotional channel so you can test your temperature. They dote on the "Lemonade" episode, but I'm kind of warm to this clip with another low-key Chicago icon, Dave Garroway.

Not seen here is one of the real highlights of the DVD: Marlin Perkins (later of Wild Kingdom) brought a denatured skunk to the show, put him on the puppet stage...and the ironically-named "Sweet William" managed to make his stink in another way. After the skunk is evacuated in all senses of the word, Kukla (the little bald guy) brought out a puppet-sized mop and started cleaning up while everybody on the crew is just dying. "Happens in the best of families."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

raditts posted:

I think that this is only applicable to a few episodes, like the one where Rocko goes job hunting (he uses the newspaper's classifieds section, something nobody does these days) and the one where he looks for a girlfriend. And as JethroMcB said, these are mostly clustered in the first season. I suggest you watch the Season 3 finale, since it contains two very different episodes (one of them is Zanzibar, the musical episode; the other one, where Rocko gets a food processor, has no spoken dialogue at all). If nothing else, the show is the last of a breed of Looney Tunes-esque cartoons, and that alone makes it great in my mind.

Plus, the episode where Rocko holds a garage sale has a jab at L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology (Heffer says that they should "start a club like that Diuretics guy"). You can't say that about many other kids' shows.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

It never ceases to amaze me how much adult humor the Rocko crew managed to sneak past the censors, even if some of it was cut out later. It took the network three years to catch on to the "Chokey Chicken" joke, and at that point it had been too heavily featured for them to excise it from the reruns. I was planning to buy the DVD set, but apparently they're using cut versions and I simply cannot bring myself to support that.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

J-Spot posted:

It never ceases to amaze me how much adult humor the Rocko crew managed to sneak past the censors, even if some of it was cut out later. It took the network three years to catch on to the "Chokey Chicken" joke, and at that point it had been too heavily featured for them to excise it from the reruns. I was planning to buy the DVD set, but apparently they're using cut versions and I simply cannot bring myself to support that.

The cut versions are the only versions that exist. MTV Networks had a nasty habit of editing the original masters rather than creating new copies with scenes excised for a long, long time. I believe Mike Judge has said he's pretty sure there are good pieces of Beavis and Butthead episodes that simply don't exist anymore because the network didn't inform him that they were editing the master copies beforehand.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

In any case, tonight we have an hour each of Rocko's Modern Life and Hey Arnold! on the '90s block. Toon in!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
New season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Fake Sciences starts in sometime in or near October.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

:aaaaa: Stick Stickley is coming back October 8th!

I had this shirt made for me when I was a kid and I'm wearing it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Why is there what looks like a corncob stuck through his head?