Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

DJExile posted:

You think those are disturbing, look up the workplace PSAs that run in Canada :staredog:

here's a start

E: there are others that are straight out of the SAW movies. Involving heavy industrial machinery :frogsiren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZQLeeNo6Qw

This is still the best advert ever.

I know its supposed to be serious, but the way that dude says "You fuckin bitch" just gets me. Then I get mood whiplash when he abuses that lady. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Noodles
Nov 7, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkbS4Wl5YV8

Uh... yeah. This ad left me speechless.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I know its supposed to be serious, but the way that dude says "You fuckin bitch" just gets me. Then I get mood whiplash when he abuses that lady. :smith:

Jesus Christ at all the "ironic" misogynist thumbs-up YouTube comments. God, I loving hate the Internet sometimes.

Egg Noodles posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkbS4Wl5YV8

Uh... yeah. This ad left me speechless.

This ad's been out for a few months, I believe, but this is the first I've seen online that's not a lovely recording of a camera aimed at a TV screen. Now that I hear it clearly, I realize that Tag Team rerecorded it as "POOP! There It Is!," and I just shake my head.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

You Are A Elf posted:

Jesus Christ at all the "ironic" misogynist thumbs-up YouTube comments. God, I loving hate the Internet sometimes.

Man, the second comment I saw was a kitchen joke. How can you possibly make a kitchen joke on the internet these days, didn't that poo poo get old on facebook back in 09?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Subway is back to their annoying "Fast Food Restaurants are EVIL" ads, showing some fast food place that literally should be condemned serving food, and then cuts to their crap rear end food being prepared.

Also love how they still show ads for the HP Touchpad even through it's discontinued and heavily clearance.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 20, 2011

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Rirse posted:

Subway is back to their annoying "Fast Food Restaurants are EVIL" ads, showing some fast food place that literally should be condemned serving food, and then cuts to their crap rear end food being prepared.

Also love how they still show ads for the HP Touchpad even through it's discontinued and heavily clearance.

Hahaha, yeah that "Let me entertain you" one has a whole new meaning while we watch HP's phone and tablet divisions burn.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Enderzero posted:

Hahaha, yeah that "Let me entertain you" one has a whole new meaning while we watch HP's phone and tablet divisions burn.

I loving hate that one so much because of her freakish detached head. I'm glad they're going under and I'm going to say that's why. :v:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Chicken Doodle posted:

I loving hate that one so much because of her freakish detached head. I'm glad they're going under and I'm going to say that's why. :v:

I'll second that, that's pretty much my most hated commercial currently on because of that and her awful singing. Those stupid commercials showing a person's arms and voiceover doing AMAZING things with an HP was were terrible back when they did them with Jay-Z and Fiona from Shrek, I don't know what made them think anyone wanted to see them again.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Rirse posted:

Speaking of which, am I supposed to recognize the people in the commercials?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Amorphous Blob posted:

Speaking of which, am I supposed to recognize the people in the commercials?

Probably not especially, but the horrible singing woman my wife informed me is from Glee, the obnoxious British guy is lovely unfunny actor Russell Brand, and the adorable Filipino man is MMA fighter Manny Pacquiao.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

The "Man Up" commercials have always annoyed me mostly because of the horrible premise, but this one is annoying because I can't place the blond guy in it. What else has he been in? I know I've seen him before. This is making me crazy. Was it another commercial or as small part on something? Help please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Xc5sukAg8

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

raditts posted:

and the adorable Filipino man is MMA fighter Manny Pacquiao.

You couldn't take the 5 seconds to lookup that he's a boxer, not an MMA fighter?

e: that was unnecessarily harsh

henkman fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 20, 2011

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

raditts posted:

Probably not especially, but the horrible singing woman my wife informed me is from Glee, the obnoxious British guy is lovely unfunny actor Russell Brand, and the adorable Filipino man is MMA fighter Manny Pacquiao.

I'd buy their products and encourage others to do the same if the commercial was Pacman beating the crap out of the other two idiots.

StupidSexyFlanders
Dec 13, 2006

God can have his soul, but his ass belongs to me.

raditts posted:

Russell Brand's stand up is a lot better than the crappy movies he's typecast for.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Lea Michele is not a bad singer at all. I don't really get what's wrong with her rendition of the song besides the ad being played 9-10 times an hour.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

henkman posted:

You couldn't take the 5 seconds to lookup that he's a boxer, not an MMA fighter?

e: that was unnecessarily harsh

You seem to mistaken into thinking I particularly give a poo poo either way.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Lea Michele is not a bad singer at all. I don't really get what's wrong with her rendition of the song besides the ad being played 9-10 times an hour.

The song is loud, and her voice is obnoxiously high. It's just an overall awful commercial, and I think she's awful at singing THAT song because of how annoying it is.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
I've seen 2 Lea Michelle commercials and in both of them she stares directly at the camera while smiling and singing as if to say "aren't you so glad you get to hear me sing?" and all I can think is "no, not especially"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Industrial posted:

I've seen 2 Lea Michelle commercials and in both of them she stares directly at the camera while smiling and singing as if to say "aren't you so glad you get to hear me sing?" and all I can think is "no, not especially"

Maybe she's just playing her character in Glee, who pretty much as that exact attitude?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

You Are A Elf posted:

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Feel obligated to re-post this since it's still horrible and/or hilarious.

Just can't seem to get rid of those ironic misogynist comments, though.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Kerck Pnameless posted:

Feel obligated to re-post this since it's still horrible and/or hilarious.

Just can't seem to get rid of those ironic misogynist comments, though.

The best part about that series of commercials is how everyone just sits around staring at each-other looking shocked instead of, oh you know, kicking that guys rear end?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
That's the whole point, most people wouldn't ignore physical abuse if it was happening in public so you shouldn't ignore it if you hear someone getting the poo poo kicked out of them though the apartment walls. It's easy to pretend someone doesn't need help or it's not your business when it happens in private.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Ah, I thought the point was "Don't beat your wife.". I didn't think about it any further.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I... have never seen that commercial. And suddenly I am very, very thankful for that :stare:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
YOU GOT A WEATHER BALLOON WITH POINTS (Yes, I did!) If you like baseball, you've probably seen a lot of this one. It plays on average of five times a game plus makes frequent appearances on MLB.com.

Also, this commercial for what should be obvious reasons. gently caress you, gently caress you so very hard.

Giant Goats
Mar 7, 2010

Haerc posted:

The best part about that series of commercials is how everyone just sits around staring at each-other looking shocked instead of, oh you know, kicking that guys rear end?

While the point of the commercial is, as mentioned, that someone would be less likely to get away with doing that to a stranger in public than to their spouse at home, the Bystander Effect bears out that this sort of reaction isn't all that unlikely.

Not long ago I was in a crowded parking lot surrounded by several busy stores when I saw a man holding a woman's cell phone out of reach in one hand and trying to drag her into his truck with the other. He was pushing her and hitting in her in the face every time she tried to grab her phone. People were watching from outside the shops. Some were taking the long way around up the rows of the parking lot to sneak into their cars to drive away. The woman was screaming to the crowd, "For the love of God, help me! Do something!"

There were at least twenty people who saw the incident just in the minute that I was there, never mind those who saw it when it was escalating or those who stayed inside the shops to avoid it, and not only did no one kick the guy's rear end, but I later confirmed with the cops that I was the only person to call 911.

Not only do people have a hard time intervening in situations like this when there's a group of people around validating the instinct to watch and do nothing, but a lot of people just don't really care about domestic violence. Studies have shown that people are three times less likely to intervene in public violence between a man and a woman when they know they're a couple as opposed to when they know they're strangers.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Goddamnit Pepsi quit with the loving SLUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP sounds in your radio spots.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Craptacular! posted:

YOU GOT A WEATHER BALLOON WITH POINTS (Yes, I did!) If you like baseball, you've probably seen a lot of this one. It plays on average of five times a game plus makes frequent appearances on MLB.com.

Also, this commercial for what should be obvious reasons. gently caress you, gently caress you so very hard.

Oh dear god, they also run the rock and roll camp ones pretty heavily too. However none even compare to my level of hatred for the AT&T flash mob one.... Ugh..

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
It seems like every action movie trailer is using this robotic metal sound (best way I can describe it). You can hear it every five seconds on the Rise of the Planet of the Apes trailer. It's getting annoying.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Jubs posted:

It seems like every action movie trailer is using this robotic metal sound (best way I can describe it). You can hear it every five seconds on the Rise of the Planet of the Apes trailer. It's getting annoying.

You can thank Inception. Every action movie trailer that has come out since has used noises like that.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Does anyone remember that sound file that was a combination of every movie trailer cliche with numerous record scratches?

Is there such thing as overmarketing? I find that I often get excited for a movie, but get so annoyed by constant ads that I have no desire to see it when it comes out.

MillionsV
Jun 11, 2010

StupidSexyFlanders posted:

Russell Brand's stand up is a lot better than the crappy movies he's typecast for.

No, StupidSexyFlanders. No, it is not.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Hey Chase, change your stupid theme song. I must have literally heard it about 300 times by now.

Never Odd or Even
Jan 21, 2009

This jerk again.
Fun Shoe

Saint Jimmy posted:

The "Man Up" commercials have always annoyed me mostly because of the horrible premise, but this one is annoying because I can't place the blond guy in it. What else has he been in? I know I've seen him before. This is making me crazy. Was it another commercial or as small part on something? Help please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Xc5sukAg8

I really want all the miller lite adds to go on for like 30s more, so we can see the one guy realize how lovely his friends are and vow to never hang out with them again. Or see the bitchy bartender from the older ones get stiffed on tips and fired for driving off business.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Never Odd or Even posted:

I really want all the miller lite adds to go on for like 30s more, so we can see the one guy realize how lovely his friends are and vow to never hang out with them again. Or see the bitchy bartender from the older ones get stiffed on tips and fired for driving off business.

"When this poo poo happens in the real world" edition. Heh

Cruxxed Up
Mar 30, 2011

Now you've done it.
Goldfish bread.

"Actually, it's peanut butter and JELLLLLLYYYYYYYYY."

It's everywhere. I hate it so much. Why is the giant obnoxious goldfish's voice British? Why is it on every commercial break and WHY is it on every other station I watch.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I'm really goddamn tired of seeing these two scammy commercials ad nauseam on any given channel at any given time: mycleanpc.com and beenverified.com.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9m2s6QG1Q0

I can't take another commercial break seeing the spokesman's neon pink lips plastered on my screen. Too much makeup or not enough, holy poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6boeAfMhao

I think it's the pregnant woman's ability to speak without moving her square jaw that's kind of unnerving to me, just like Mr. Pink Lips. Otherwise, this commercial sells paranoia pretty well. "It says here you were ticketed for going 5 miles over the speed limit on a country road sixteen years ago. YOU STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY FAMILY, YOU PEDOPHILE RAPIST MONSTER!"

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
What kind of background check can you even get without written consent anyway?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Thus, it's a scam. I think it does something like show you free available information that any idiot with Google can do, but alerts you with some bullshit like, "THIS PERSON HAS THREE NOTICES YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT. PLEASE PAY $39.95 TO FIND OUT WHAT," which turns out to be more bullshit, but I could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Cruxxed Up posted:

Goldfish bread.

"Actually, it's peanut butter and JELLLLLLYYYYYYYYY."

It's everywhere. I hate it so much. Why is the giant obnoxious goldfish's voice British? Why is it on every commercial break and WHY is it on every other station I watch.

IF it makes you feel any better, it's a lovely product. When you try to pull the halves apart, the curved cut line that forms the "mouth" rips apart and ruins the bread.