Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Konec Hry posted:

stall-man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Cage posted:

It's funny to watch how close everyone is to laughing every single time Michael Richards does something.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Martytoof posted:

I think Andrea Doria is probably my favourite episode. It also includes my all time favourite Seinfeld moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2HfrIYnwg

Mail on Sunday? :confused:

Oops! v:haw:v

Wow...that is some serious ADR going on with the "Mail on Sunday?" line...his mouth is nothing closed to those words.

I wonder what the original line was...

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Martytoof posted:

I think Andrea Doria is probably my favourite episode. It also includes my all time favourite Seinfeld moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2HfrIYnwg

Mail on Sunday? :confused:

Oops! v:haw:v

It may be mine too. I love it so much.
"Ahoy! Mr. Eldridge!"

I think "The Comeback" is the only one that edges it out.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

Wow...that is some serious ADR going on with the "Mail on Sunday?" line...his mouth is nothing closed to those words.

I wonder what the original line was...

I think that's just youtube exaggerating it. I have the DVDs ripped and it's not that out of place at all.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Martytoof posted:

I think that's just youtube exaggerating it. I have the DVDs ripped and it's not that out of place at all.

Really? I've seen it a few times on TV and the DVDs, and that line always stuck out as being overdubbed. I always assumed it was an intentionally made to look dubbed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Martytoof posted:

That does remind me though, the "Saddam" telling George and Kramer that they'll catch a cold if they don't wear jackets always seemed badly dubbed to me.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I mean it might just be me that it looks fine to :3:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

From the Seinfeld Facebook:

quote:

Two different verdicts were filmed to keep anyone from being able to give away the real ending to the show. Interactions between Mickey and Bania, Newman and Keith Hernandez and J. Peterman and Puddy were filmed, but were cut due to time constraints.

Ugh I want to watch these scenes now. They picked the best possible duos. Peterman and Puddy sounds amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mickey and Bania would have been amazing.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Hey "time constraints" gently caress YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

"Time constraints" are a weird reason to cut things when you consider that the finale was 1 hour and 15 minutes, and was preceded by 45 minute clip show. You would think they could have made it whatever length they want.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Fury1671 posted:

As good as this reaction is, its not George's look of dismay after Jerry's reaction to 'Beep Beep Beep' http://youtu.be/RhKQfrE1KTE?t=1m20s Hell that whole episode is great. Another reason why Season 9 is a great season and people are just parroting bad opinions when they say it isn't.

That led me to this, with "The Dude":

-Hey! Jer! What's up?

-I have absolutely no idea :confused:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

esperantinc posted:

That led me to this, with "The Dude":

-Hey! Jer! What's up?

-I have absolutely no idea :confused:

It's just some dude! It doesn't have to be her dude. Dude's in this town are a dime a dozen!

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's just some dude! It doesn't have to be her dude. Dude's in this town are a dime a dozen!

He looks like me and he's working from the inside. I look like me and I'm working from the outside. Who do you think is in the better position?

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

That does remind me though, the "Saddam" telling George and Kramer that they'll catch a cold if they don't wear jackets always seemed badly dubbed to me.

Don't walk around without a coat in this weather, you'll catch your death of cold.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

neoboman posted:

Don't walk around without a coat in this weather, you'll catch your death of cold.

So you really get my point about man walking on the moon!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
This guys writing a sitcom! and he actually tried to use it to pick me up! He actually thought that would work!

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Cage posted:

...jambalaya!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Martytoof posted:

I think Andrea Doria is probably my favourite episode.

It's absolutely right up there. I can't get enough of the coughing dog or dog-Kramer, but I also love the sequence where George outlines his astonishing tales and the reaction shots of the increasingly beaten Andrea Doria survivor. (EDIT: oh and the bird flying into Elaine's head!)

Also, one great bit I'd never noticed before in "The Dealership". When Jerry is phoning Elaine to get her and Puddy back together, look in the background: the entire scene, Puddy is sitting there, just passively staring off into the distance. Such a little detail but so great!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 31, 2011

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.

Der Shovel posted:

Also, one great bit I'd never noticed before in "The Dealership". When Jerry is phoning Elaine to get her and Puddy back together, look in the background: the entire scene, Puddy is sitting there, just passively staring off into the distance. Such a little detail but so great!

I'll have to watch out for that. I never noticed, and that's hilarious.

"Hey, Elaine, have you noticed your boyfriend has developed an annoying little habit? "
"You mean the squinting? *squints*"
"No..."
"The staring? *vacant stare*"
"No..."

Edit: Does anyone know where one could get the Wiz's crown or something similar? That'd be a great Halloween costume.

Lord of Laughton fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 31, 2011

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I had the roast beef...

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Lord of Laughton posted:

Edit: Does anyone know where one could get the Wiz's crown or something similar? That'd be a great Halloween costume.

He's not idiotic! He's the Wiz! And nobody beats him! Nobody... :(

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

"Lord of Laughton posted:

I've thought about going as him a couple times but even if a proper crown and cape were found 99% of people would just think you're a crummy king, not The Wiz...if you then say you're The Wiz and nobody beats you, you'll still have like 50% not get it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

George: I'll tell you what. Why don't we just get a couple of dishes and we'll just share 'em.

Kramer: Okay. What are you getting?

George: I'm gonna get a Chow Fung.

Kramer: What's a Chow Fung?

George: It's a broad noodle.

Kramer: What do you mean, a broad noodle?

George: It's a big flat noodle.

Kramer: Well I don't want a big flat noodle.

George: What kind of noodle do you want?

Kramer: Who says I want a noodle?

George: All right, look. I'm getting the Chow Fung. You don't have to have any.

Kramer: All right. I'll get pea pods and you can't have any of my pea pods.

George: Fine.

Kramer: Get extra MSG.

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

fenix down posted:

I had the roast beef...

I mentioned the bisque...

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Ehud posted:

George: I'll tell you what. Why don't we just get a couple of dishes and we'll just share 'em.

Kramer: Okay. What are you getting?

George: I'm gonna get a Chow Fung.

Kramer: What's a Chow Fung?

George: It's a broad noodle.

Kramer: What do you mean, a broad noodle?

George: It's a big flat noodle.

Kramer: Well I don't want a big flat noodle.

George: What kind of noodle do you want?

Kramer: Who says I want a noodle?

George: All right, look. I'm getting the Chow Fung. You don't have to have any.

Kramer: All right. I'll get pea pods and you can't have any of my pea pods.

George: Fine.

Kramer: Get extra MSG.
Ping got hurt? Is the food alright!!?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

penis sandwich posted:

I mentioned the bisque...
Hahaha great response.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

This guys writing a sitcom! and he actually tried to use it to pick me up! He actually thought that would work!

How can you write that crap?

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

Diabolik900 posted:

"Time constraints" are a weird reason to cut things when you consider that the finale was 1 hour and 15 minutes, and was preceded by 45 minute clip show. You would think they could have made it whatever length they want.

"The Boyfriend" was in season 3, before they had the power to ask for anything. By season 9 they were begging Jerry to stay.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

safety dan posted:

"The Boyfriend" was in season 3, before they had the power to ask for anything. By season 9 they were begging Jerry to stay.

Yeah, five million an episode to do season 10 I believe was NBC's offer. I always kind of respected the fact that he walked away from that.

Though I guess by that point, he had already made more money than he could ever hope to spend from the thing.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

safety dan posted:

Right, but this wasn't about "The Boyfriend." It was about "The Finale."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

esperantinc posted:

Yeah, five million an episode to do season 10 I believe was NBC's offer. I always kind of respected the fact that he walked away from that.

Though I guess by that point, he had already made more money than he could ever hope to spend from the thing.

Didn't he and Larry David make like $200 million each on the syndication deal for the show as well?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Jerusalem posted:

Didn't he and Larry David make like $200 million each on the syndication deal for the show as well?

I'd imagine that still make millions a year in residuals from syndication, above and beyond whatever the initial payout was.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

esperantinc posted:

I'd imagine that still make millions a year in residuals from syndication, above and beyond whatever the initial payout was.

Jason Alexander and Michael Richards may have struggled to find success after Seinfeld but they're probably still raking in that sweet, sweet cash. Julia Louis-Dreyfuss probably thinks it is neat to have a little extra money to blow on hats when she feels like it.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Too bad you can't do that for a living. You'd be very successful. You could sell out Madison Square Garden. Everyone could come and watch you do that.

George! Your cousin Shelly is talking to you!

I love that bit. Georges face while he tries not to stare at the sillouhette of the sponge bath.

Edit: Geoooooorrrrrggggge I'm hungry!

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 1, 2011

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

esperantinc posted:

He made $70 Million last year, and I'm guessing most of that didn't come from the Marriage Ref. In 2006 when he wasn't doing anything on TV, he still made 60m.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/morganbrennan/2011/07/11/inside-jerry-seinfelds-18-3-million-colorado-crib/
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/item_wWsLHQ8C94tI14duuDooPI;jsessionid=EE37F38906475359E13E15FCEB8E33DE

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

Too bad you can't do that for a living. You'd be very successful. You could sell out Madison Square Garden. Everyone could come and watch you do that.

George! Your cousin Shelly is talking to you!

I love that bit. Georges face while he tries not to stare at the sillouhette of the sponge bath.

Edit: Geoooooorrrrrggggge I'm hungry!

Here, have some tic tacs *clack*. Gotta be one of the best ad libs ever.

I'm Buck Naked.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Jerusalem posted:

Jason Alexander and Michael Richards may have struggled to find success after Seinfeld but they're probably still raking in that sweet, sweet cash. Julia Louis-Dreyfuss probably thinks it is neat to have a little extra money to blow on hats when she feels like it.

I wonder how many Urban Sombreros she's bought?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

She can buy as many sable hats as she wants, and if the accountants don't like it, she CAN fire them!