Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pig Boots posted:

Gaga is performing again later with some other people as a tribute to Britney Spears.

At least, I think that's what's going on.

I'm currently laughing my rear end off at all the people who were surprised by the Jo Calderone thing...Jo has existed for like a year and I'm pretty sure every Gaga fan suspected she'd perform as Jo.

I don't think Gaga is doing the Britney thing. In fact, I don't think they've actually even announced what exactly the "tribute" is going to be. The entire idea of paying tribute to someone who is still alive, making music, and famous is incredibly stupid in and of itself though, so I guess they could have said what it was and I just didn't retain it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Context
Sep 11, 2006

Fun Times! posted:

And now Nicki Minaj is dressed like Gaga doing some scripted bullshit. Is Gaga doing anything else during this show or should I just turn it off?

She's nominated for (I think) 3 videos, and she'll definitely make a couple wardrobe changes during the show, which are always fun to watch. No idea what her chances of winning and getting to make a speech are though.

Edit: Just saw an article on GagaDaily saying that Gaga, Adele, and Tony Bennett are going to sing "Body and Soul" in tribute to Amy Winehouse at some point tonight.

Context fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 29, 2011

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Sf0rzando posted:

Edit: Just saw an article on GagaDaily saying that Gaga, Adele, and Tony Bennett are going to sing "Body and Soul" in tribute to Amy Winehouse at some point tonight.

They just said "Next up.... Gaga gives Britney Spears the video vanguard award, and Russell Brand pays tribute to Amy Winehouse"

so uhhh... Who knows?

Pig Boots
Apr 10, 2009

literally me
Oh yeah, derp, it's an Amy Winehouse tribute :downs:

Was up all night with the hurricane/tropical storm situation. My brain stopped working like 10 hours ago.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Sf0rzando posted:

Reading this, suddenly I'd love to hear Gaga do Back to Black.

Tony Bennett singing Brittany would also be acceptable, but for entirely different reasons.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
How the gently caress will Russell Brand pay tribute to anything, or is he not a giant cock any more.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Watching it on YouTube. Jo Calderone is Andrew Dice Clay then, right?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Holy poo poo.
Next to Britney Spears, Gaga is so loving short.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

SereneCrimson posted:

Holy poo poo.
Next to Britney Spears, Gaga is so loving short.

I love how she/Jo was leering at Britney the whole time.

discount dogs
Dec 29, 2008
That was a wonderful performance. I want Gaga to do this all the time.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

I loving loved that. ONTD tore the poo poo out of it ahahaha. I loved how all the celebs were either confused or stonefaced. 'Cept Dave Grohl, good ole Grohl :allears:

I'm totally in love with Jo :swoon:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

There is nothing about this that is not amazing.

Grushenka
Jan 4, 2009
I love how Britney refused a kiss from Jo/Gaga because she's apparently a good girl or some crap like that.

Gaga did an amazing performance the whole evening. I really like her dressed as Jo actually :3:

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
She didn't have a problem with Madonna
:nws:(I guess)
http://i.imgur.com/ad29d.png

I haven't seen the VMA stuff yet. I'm sure the performances are up on YouTube, but do MTV put the whole show up ever? I'd like to be able to see all the reactions and stuff.

Grushenka
Jan 4, 2009
Yes but Gaga was a woman in drag and that's somehow more wrong I guess :rolleyes:

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I had never seen this Neil Young cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIeCrj_Gn6A&feature=related

:woop:

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

N3RDSTER posted:

She didn't have a problem with Madonna
:nws:(I guess)
http://i.imgur.com/ad29d.png

I haven't seen the VMA stuff yet. I'm sure the performances are up on YouTube, but do MTV put the whole show up ever? I'd like to be able to see all the reactions and stuff.

I think this is the whole thing, but I just watched the first video: VMA 2011: The Entire Show On Demand

A crowd of celebrities pulling :stare: faces, Brian May, Ph.D. outta nowhere, and Justin Beiber looking like he hates his life. These are a few of my favorite things.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Nicely done. I didn't expect to see Jo Calderone do the whole act. I'm betting there were a lot of confused people last night.

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.

Grushenka posted:

Yes but Gaga was a woman in drag and that's somehow more wrong I guess :rolleyes:

Pretty sure it was meant to be a jab at the Madonna kiss seeing as there was a fairly cheesy build-up into Britney turning to the mic and saying "I've already done that!" (or something similar) while laughing. You even see Gaga and Britney turn to each other when the lights start to dim and both of them burst into a fit of giggles. I had a bunch of friends get all up in arms about Gaga presenting Britney with the award citing that Britney "ISN'T EVEN A REAL ARTIST" and Gaga is so far above her level. I love them both but I did find it funny that a lot of people think that way.

That being said, I was pretty happy to see Jo Calderone do the whole show. It was impressive and completely unexpected. Guess I got my theatrics :allears:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

endolithic posted:

I think this is the whole thing, but I just watched the first video: VMA 2011: The Entire Show On Demand

A crowd of celebrities pulling :stare: faces, Brian May, Ph.D. outta nowhere, and Justin Beiber looking like he hates his life. These are a few of my favorite things.

My favorite part was Dave Grohl just freaking right the gently caress out when Brian May came out. He was so happy to be there :3:

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

So apparently she wore a fake penis during the VMA's and used the men's WC.

That is amazing.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Sprat Sandwich posted:

So apparently she wore a fake penis during the VMA's and used the men's WC.

That is amazing.

What's WC?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Watercloset / Bathroom

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Water Closet, means toilet.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

What's WC?

Water Closet, or a bathroom.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pretty sure Gaga is entertaining herself as much as she is us with this stunt.

She's really cute as Jo.

Totoro
Apr 9, 2006
Why did most people hate Jo? I loved it. I'm not even a big Lady Gaga fan. Much of the time the media wonders what new crazy wacky thing is Gaga going to wear next? So she doesn't even come as herself. I loved how Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry tried to out gaga Gaga with their fashion choices, and Gaga responds by not even coming as herself. I also really love You & I. Oh crap I think I'm being converted.

One more thing I loved: seeing her/him next to Tony Bennett. I wonder what crazy conversations she, Tony and Brian May had in the after party.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Totoro posted:

Why did most people hate Jo? I loved it. I'm not even a big Lady Gaga fan. Much of the time the media wonders what new crazy wacky thing is Gaga going to wear next? So she doesn't even come as herself. I loved how Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry tried to out gaga Gaga with their fashion choices, and Gaga responds by not even coming as herself. I also really love You & I. Oh crap I think I'm being converted.

One more thing I loved: seeing her/him next to Tony Bennett. I wonder what crazy conversations she, Tony and Brian May had in the after party.

S/He meets Brian May in the only way that's fitting.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
:siren:

@Lady Gaga posted:

Have a surprise for LittleMonsters! Didn't just shoot 1 You and I music video. 5 more fashion films to come by Inez Van Lamsweerde. 1st in 3 hrs
54 minutes ago

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
Officially You and I video not the only one, apparently.

In other news, this might be my favourite picture, ever:

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Ok, this first video looks like a glorified photo shoot.

I mean it's Gaga so she's pretty as gently caress, and it's her little farm girl piano dress, but man I hope the others are nice and diverse.

Well I guess I'm a dum-dum then. VVV

Fishylungs fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Sep 2, 2011

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Fishylungs posted:

Ok, this first video looks like a glorified photo shoot.

I mean it's Gaga so she's pretty as gently caress, and it's her little farm girl piano dress, but man I hope the others are nice and diverse.

They are all photo shoots, dude. It said that in her first tweet about them that they're all fashion things like that. It will just be her in different outfits doing photo poses.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Is there a good quality stripped down version of You and I? I really can't stand all that production on the album version.

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
How did she get rid of her tattoos when she did that thing as Jo Calderone?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Maximusi posted:

How did she get rid of her tattoos when she did that thing as Jo Calderone?

You can do amazing things with makeup.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Dermablend.

Joe Calderone
Aug 24, 2008

Sweet Polly Oliver
I think this thread may be the only one who will get the joke behind my username.

This year's VMA stunt is easily my favourite. It more than makes up for that nonsense with the egg when Born This Way came out.

I'm also impressed at how much work she's put into the whole Joe Calderone persona. It's evolved a lot since those early Japanese photo shoots. When I thought saw them I thought it was a cool thing to do, but she still obviously looked like a woman cosplaying as a guy from Travolta's gang in 'Grease'.

Since then, she's put a lot of work into getting the body language and way of speaking much more convincingly male. Joe Calderone really did seem like a genuine pint-size ball of rage. The interview afterwards was hilarious, particularly when someone suggested Calderone was a "guido".

Joe Calderone fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 4, 2011

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
This just popped up on reddit, thought the thread could do with some new material:
Tony Bennett ft. Lady Gaga - The Lady Is A Tramp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvjGe_j6yR8

Astro Cake
May 27, 2010

I love you, strawberry milk.
It's been months and I completely forgot to submit my photo for the poster from the Born This Way limited edition set. I think I still have time to, but I can't seem to find it. Anybody have a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

So I was listening to the radio today and "You & I" came up. I live in Portland, OR and the words New York and Nebraska were edited out. What the heck?

• Locked thread