Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Blargh, I got The Armory and the required animation replace, but I get an instant crash when I load up FNV.

I've got Project Nevada, the classic weapons pack, and some other poo poo no one cares about and most likely doesn't interfere with the fomod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

JackMackerel posted:

Blargh, I got The Armory and the required animation replace, but I get an instant crash when I load up FNV.

I've got Project Nevada, the classic weapons pack, and some other poo poo no one cares about and most likely doesn't interfere with the fomod.

Instant crash usually means an esp looking for a missing master. Use FOMM/FNVEdit in the OP with your load order to see where the problem(s) are, or post your load order here and we can try to point out things wrong.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

JackMackerel posted:

Have you tried an earlier save? That kept happening to me, too, but I loaded an earlier save and it worked fine.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Ace Oliveira posted:

Yeah, I don't know how I missed that. Thanks.

It's weird that I can't find some of the meshes that are in the actual game with the tool, though. I can't find the merc outfits or the non-armored ranger outifts, for example.

Filenames don't always match in game descriptions. The merc outfits are named wastelandoutfit01, 02, ect. or something like that.

Capn Beeb posted:

Here's a question for you texture guys:

Way back in Fallout 3, I had these blinged out :ese: grips for a 1911:

I'm probably describing this in a very roundabout way :downs:

Get the nVidia DDS filter for Photoshop: http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

open the textures for each and photoshop that poo poo. Save it as a DXT1 DDS file and overwrite the original texture with yours. Assuming you know your way around the Transform/Warp tools, blending modes and layer masks you should be able to put the design from one on the wood from the other, if that's what you mean.

Assumethisisreal
May 21, 2007
Hi there! I'm sort of a moron so please bear with me.

I'm looking to get some of the sounds files from New Vegas. In particular, the Mr. New Vegas clips and the ED-E beeps and boops. I'm building a working ED-E boombox, but, well, I want those particular sound files to be on an independent sound board with it's own independent buttons. PM me if you want a link to a progress blog, if anyone cares?

ANYWAY

Google was remarkably unhelpful in providing me convenient, idiot-proof access to .mp3s (or some other recognizable format) of these things. I figured I'd go ahead and ask here because, like, they released a kit to modify game files for New Vegas, right? So that means that it isn't :filez: to ask for them, right? Oh god I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but I'd love those files. Can you point me in the right direction? Or is it super inconvenient to get them out of the game with your hacking skillz or whatever it is you guys do?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Assumethisisreal posted:

Hi there! I'm sort of a moron so please bear with me.

I'm looking to get some of the sounds files from New Vegas. In particular, the Mr. New Vegas clips and the ED-E beeps and boops. I'm building a working ED-E boombox, but, well, I want those particular sound files to be on an independent sound board with it's own independent buttons. PM me if you want a link to a progress blog, if anyone cares?

ANYWAY

Google was remarkably unhelpful in providing me convenient, idiot-proof access to .mp3s (or some other recognizable format) of these things. I figured I'd go ahead and ask here because, like, they released a kit to modify game files for New Vegas, right? So that means that it isn't :filez: to ask for them, right? Oh god I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but I'd love those files. Can you point me in the right direction? Or is it super inconvenient to get them out of the game with your hacking skillz or whatever it is you guys do?

Pretty sure it'd be illegal to pull sound effects and voice acting from my game and give it to you. I could explain how to do it, yourself, if you'd like.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
If you already own the game then you simply need to extract the BSA file in the data folder (fallout - sounds) and go digging in the extracted folders for the wave files you want. FOMM will extract it for you and it can be found in the OP. And link the blog already.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Naky posted:

If you already own the game then you simply need to extract the BSA file in the data folder (fallout - sounds) and go digging in the extracted folders for the wave files you want. FOMM will extract it for you and it can be found in the OP. And link the blog already.

Also, Fallout - Voices.bsa for the Mr. New Vegas lines.

Assumethisisreal
May 21, 2007

Naky posted:

Oh, they're just saved as .wavs? That's it? I... I guess I had them on my computer all along T__T

Edit: Oh wait, I need FOMM first. Hardware is so easy, why can't I wrap my brain around software?

Assumethisisreal
May 21, 2007

Naky posted:

And link the blog already.

If you want to follow my progress, you can watch me here. As you can see, I only just started work, but I should have it done in the next 4-6 weeks, depending on how much time away from work I have for hobbies.

cuntrageous
Jun 6, 2008

How do you change the actor draw distance in the game? Is it a console command or something that can be changed permanently in geck?

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

cuntrageous posted:

How do you change the actor draw distance in the game? Is it a console command or something that can be changed permanently in geck?

Just click options in the FONV launcher, man. It's in the advanced bit.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

cuntrageous posted:

It's a setting in the .ini file, but it's easier to modify with the New Vegas Configator.

Note that no matter how high you set the value, it's ultimately going to be restricted by how many high-detail cells are loaded around you, since it doesn't spawn actors in low detail cells.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Naky posted:

Instant crash usually means an esp looking for a missing master. Use FOMM/FNVEdit in the OP with your load order to see where the problem(s) are, or post your load order here and we can try to point out things wrong.

Okay, here we go.

quote:

Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
CFWNV.esm
NVR-Strip.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
Lings.esm
Decrucifixion.esm
Shojo Race Vegas.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
DeadMoney.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
HonestHearts.esm
FalloutNV.esm
AEVegas.esm
The.Armory.esm
NVR-Version_10.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
NVR-NPCs.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Lucky38MarkerV3.esp
headgearfix.esp
StripOpenNPCs.esp
Decrucifixion.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
Japanese power armor.esp
NCR Rearmament v1.5.esp
HellfireArmor.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
NVR-ELECTRO-CTIY_Patch.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
Free the Slaves.esp
Crysis Weapons Pack.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
SecretStash20.esp
Radio Free Wasteland.esp
NekhCFinderFix.esp
Radio Free Christmas.esp
Murdelizer.esp
THOR.esp
Minimissilelauncher.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
AAS_DeadMoney.esp
AAS_HonestHearts.esp
AAS_PNxE.esp
The.Armory.Crysis.Pack.esp

Total active plugins: 55
Total plugins: 58

in b4 getting yelled at for shojo race

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Simple enough problem: your esms are all out of order.

FalloutNV.esm should ALWAYS be first (unless you're using the FO3 merge addon, which you aren't). After that, the DLC esms. Then mods. You should run the BOSS autosort in FOMM to make sure your .esps are in order as well.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
At the very least you should have FalloutNV.esm and the DLC files at the top.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009
Also looks like you have WMX-HonestHearts.esp loading in before WeaponsModsExpanded.esp, which is going to cause an instant crash as well. If you're using the lastest version of FOMM, you could click on the Load Order menu at the top and click BOSS Auto-Sort, and it should sort most everything out for you on its own. Then you can just make sure to tidy up afterward if there are any other issues.

^^^^ What Cheshire Cat said.

Vorgimmler fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 2, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
You also have all the AAS optionals without loading the main AAS file. So there's an instant crash waiting to happen too.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

So I did a reformat because I just got an SSD- I copied my entire New Vegas folder onto an external HDD because it took me a long time to install my mods previously and I've already got everything how I want it. I "install" it on Steam by transferring the folder back to 'common' and install FOMM, and when I try to play it says I'm missing d3dx9_38.dll. I didn't have this problem before, is this something common that can be fixed easily? I have absolutely no desire to spend two hours re-installing mods.

Edit: Nevermind, may have fixed this.

Bobby The Rookie fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 2, 2011

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

There's a reason Steam runs a DirectX Installer every time you install a game. Try the web installer and see if it installs the right DLL, otherwise you'll need to install it properly so Steam grabs the right one.

In the future, use Steam's built in back up function when backing up games to avoid these problems

Hasseltkoffie
Nov 22, 2006
Any recommended mods for a melee character? I'm obviously getting the Armory (Naky you are awesome for making this)

Snake Charmer
Aug 8, 2004

Speaking of the Armory, I have a question regarding its leveled lists esp.

Does it conflict with PN? Im assuming it does, but I havent played vanilla in forever and am unsure what PN does to leveled lists.

If it does conflict, what do I have to do to get both running? Create a bashed patch with whatever is wryebash equiv for FONV (Ive only used the mod manager)?

Also, Im getting a weird magazine placement glitch; sometimes subtle:

sometimes more pronounced:

whats up with that? Ive installed weapon animations in op

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

Snake Charmer posted:

It's because you're using a Pip-Boy replacer. Readius or the 2500, right? It's a noted bug that occurs when the normal Pip-Boy is replaced, though I've had it happen to me before even with the normal Pip. It seems to happen a hell of a lot more with the replacers though, and sadly since it's a hard-coded bug, there likely won't be a fix for it anytime soon. Best thing to do is just shoot a round and reload, and it should reseat the magazine properly.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Some people were having trouble with the Signature Weapons mod earlier - I just wanted to pop in to say that I believe the bug with leveling the weapon up has been fixed (at least, I can't reproduce it, and nobody else has commented that they've had it since the update). Additionally, it's pretty finalized now - I don't think I'm going to add anything more.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Snake Charmer posted:

Does it conflict with PN? Im assuming it does, but I havent played vanilla in forever and am unsure what PN does to leveled lists.

If it does conflict, what do I have to do to get both running? Create a bashed patch with whatever is wryebash equiv for FONV (Ive only used the mod manager)?

Last I heard, the Armory edits the leveled lists through scripting, which bypasses potential conflicts. The only problem you could expect to run across is some other mod replacing all the default ammo, which would leave you with nothing to feed your Armory guns.

I don't know how PN handles leveled lists, but (knowing that PN is made by the same team as Fallout 3's FWE) it's probably in the most broken, bass-ackward manner that still kinda-works-sometimes-if-you-wish-hard-enough.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Snake Charmer posted:

If you put the glitched weapon away completely (don't holster it, swap it out for something else) and then draw the glitched weapon again, does it still have the problem with the magazine?

Snake Charmer
Aug 8, 2004

Vorgimmler posted:

It's because you're using a Pip-Boy replacer. Readius or the 2500, right? It's a noted bug that occurs when the normal Pip-Boy is replaced, though I've had it happen to me before even with the normal Pip. It seems to happen a hell of a lot more with the replacers though, and sadly since it's a hard-coded bug, there likely won't be a fix for it anytime soon. Best thing to do is just shoot a round and reload, and it should reseat the magazine properly.

Yep, using the readius. After some quick testing with the sexy safari gun (2nd pic, I forgot which guns the others were :downs:), firing and reloading does not correct the magazine.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If you put the glitched weapon away completely (don't holster it, swap it out for something else) and then draw the glitched weapon again, does it still have the problem with the magazine?

again, only tested with #2, but yes, the problem remains.

Its not really a big deal seeing as the magazine is invisible in 1st person (not just out of sight, not rendered) and I only play in 1st person

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Just to let everyone know, it will probably be a while before the next Lombard Station release. I'm having trouble getting the DLC support to work like I want it to, and after this weekend my free time decreases dramatically. I'm not abandoning the project, though :)

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009
On a bit of an off-note here: Strudel, you are friggin' awesome. I love the Signature mod a lot ever since I started up a new game.

And now to the issue I've had: Ever since I purchased OWB I've been having major issues with CTDs. It happens mainly in the OWB worldspace, primarily on cell transitions and fast travels. I've had sort of the same issue with Honest Hearts, but not nearly to the degree that OWB has started. I run a large assortment of mods so I'm sure something is causing issues, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Anyone wanna venture a guess and help a fella out?

Here's my load order (Forgive me for the wall of text, I think I might've overdone it.)

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
RZW_Master.esm
RZW_Portables.esm
SCAV.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esm
IWS-Core.esm
The.Armory.esm
RZW_BookCollection.esp
RZW_RecordCollection.esp
RZW_VideoCollection.esp
RZW_RecordCollection_OST.esp
RZW_SimpleGrab2.esp
DynamiCamera.esp
DFB - Random Encounters - Enclave Armor Drop Chance Only.esp
The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
BetterNovacRoomFull.esp
Placeable Lights NV v1.0.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
Distant Gunfire Sound Fix V2.1 - Machienzo.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-AS-LowSpawns.esp
Pipboy2500.esp
PipLantern.esp
PortableCampsite.esp
AWApartmentRefurnished.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-Dead Money.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-Honest Hearts.esp
HDTshop.esp
w44Satchels - Full.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
UsableCigarettes.esp
Destruction.esp
Bullet Impact Increased LOD.esp
Reactive People - Ultimatum.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-Old World Blues.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp

Total active plugins: 63
Total plugins: 86

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

JackMackerel posted:

in b4 getting yelled at for shojo race

:stare:

That's you isn't it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mr. Crow posted:

That's you isn't it.

That armor is actually pretty well done, and at least it's based on a movie costume. That being said, it's still pretty lol.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Vorgimmler posted:

On a bit of an off-note here: Strudel, you are friggin' awesome. I love the Signature mod a lot ever since I started up a new game.

And now to the issue I've had: Ever since I purchased OWB I've been having major issues with CTDs. It happens mainly in the OWB worldspace, primarily on cell transitions and fast travels. I've had sort of the same issue with Honest Hearts, but not nearly to the degree that OWB has started. I run a large assortment of mods so I'm sure something is causing issues, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Anyone wanna venture a guess and help a fella out?

Here's my load order (Forgive me for the wall of text, I think I might've overdone it.)

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but disable your NSkies URWLified esm and esps and see if stability improves.

Snake Charmer
Aug 8, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

lol I snap downloaded this armor upon seeing it. Is it a stealth suit skin? nah, but itll definitely be getting some playtime regardless

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Snake Charmer posted:

lol I snap downloaded this armor upon seeing it. Is it a stealth suit skin? nah, but itll definitely be getting some playtime regardless

Yes "playtime".

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Can anybody help me out? I've had a problem lately where I am unable to repair anything in my inventory. I was using the alternative repair system of Project Nevada and enjoying it until now, whenever I go to repair an item I get a blank list on my pipboy.

Here's my load order:
code:
FalloutNV.esm
MoMod.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
IWR.esm
The.Armory.esm
CASM.esp
Readius_NV.esp
The.Armory.Stalker.Pack.esp
CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
Fellout.esp
FNVEnhancedShaders - AA-DOF Enable.esp

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but disable your NSkies URWLified esm and esps and see if stability improves.

I know, I thought NSkies was causing the issue too, but it's not. It crashes plenty even without NSkies active. I thought maybe it was the Random Encounters or IWS causing it, because there were points where Nightstalkers would just suddenly appear out of nowhere and it might've been messing with the DLC, but no, it's still messed up regardless. I'll take the last resort and re-verify my cache, I might have some messed up files somewhere in the clusterfuck that is my data folder.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Jarf posted:

Can anybody help me out? I've had a problem lately where I am unable to repair anything in my inventory. I was using the alternative repair system of Project Nevada and enjoying it until now, whenever I go to repair an item I get a blank list on my pipboy.

Do you have repair kits?

The way the PN Alternative Repair System works, you need to have several things:

1. The item you want to repair
2. A repair kit, found or built at a workbench (duct tape, hammer, wrench, wonderglue)
3. Sufficient skill and appropriate items to repair the item in question (if the weapon is rated Skill Level 50, you need at least repair skill 50 to repair it with "similar" items. If your repair skill is lower than the weapon's Skill Level, you can only repair it with "identical" items.)

If you have repair kits and you're getting a blank menu when trying to repair something, you either have sufficient skill but no "like" items or insufficient skill and no "identical" items.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Vorgimmler posted:

I know, I thought NSkies was causing the issue too, but it's not. It crashes plenty even without NSkies active. I thought maybe it was the Random Encounters or IWS causing it, because there were points where Nightstalkers would just suddenly appear out of nowhere and it might've been messing with the DLC, but no, it's still messed up regardless. I'll take the last resort and re-verify my cache, I might have some messed up files somewhere in the clusterfuck that is my data folder.

Failing that, you should load up your load order in FNVEdit and then carefully go through and see if there are any particular mods that display conflicts with Old World Blues.esm.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Anyone know how to reset the grenade key's "inventory"? It's only accessing a couple of my nades and ignoring things like frag grenades and such. It's been like this ever since I had my weapons confiscated and then returned.

Dropping and repicking things up did nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Anyone know how to reset the grenade key's "inventory"? It's only accessing a couple of my nades and ignoring things like frag grenades and such. It's been like this ever since I had my weapons confiscated and then returned.

Dropping and repicking things up did nothing.

I seem to recall pressing and holding "H" will scroll through thrown weapon types. I've used it to jump start the hotkey's inventory when it gets stuck. It's one of those features that isn't documented terribly well...or wasn't, when I was using it.