Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Ka0 posted:

I don't know what's going to happen... so good job Tom.

I think this is the best thing to say. This page was so good it turned a predictable, if entertaining chapter, into a seething mass of theories and waiting for Friday. So yeah, good job Tom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

inthesto posted:

I'm still banking on robot cows descending from the sky.

I think Tom should just end all chapters like that from now on. Pulling back to show a wide panorama of the countryside as robot cows drift gently downward, playing their deadly eye-beams across everything in sight.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Annie's always been a bit full of herself, it's always nice to see her poise punctured.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh man, Annie's face in panel 5 is fantastic.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Jack, you fool. This path only leads to your downfall.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh, I guess they didnt get all the spiders after all.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
And now we can have even more crazy time as the Weirdos are hetero as well.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Jesus Christ, don't tempt fate like that.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Well. That was unexpected.

Also, Panel 5 is the best thing. I love that Annie is as surprised and confused as the rest of us.

EDIT: For that matter, can someone avatarize Annie's face in Panel 5? Time to join the GC avatar crew.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Sep 2, 2011

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
:munch:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I thought we were supposed to shutXup about that? Eitherway, Jack, been nice knowing ya.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Jack don't do it, don't you know what she does to poor unsuspecting pigeons. Don't become another pigeon, Jack!

1stGear posted:

EDIT: For that matter, can someone avatarize Annie's face in Panel 5? Time to join the GC avatar crew.

Couple variations and one bonus.

dumb brunette fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 2, 2011

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I love how kinda-pissed-and-doesn't-know-why Annie looks in panel 6, like, she didn't realize she was competing until she lost and now she's mad because of who she lost to.

Or maybe cause she just lost the upper hand in the game of make out chicken.

Either way that was just great.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I can't quite beleive Jack is serious here, but either way Annie's reaction is hillarious. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Waiting for Chibisoma to come back, mad that Jack is breaking up Zimmy and Gamma.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Her?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Well.

God drat.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
Dude Jack you could have totally made out with Annie do you know how many people here would cut off their thumbs for that?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Considering she's 14, I hope nobody.

But I know better.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
The third story is how everyone agreed to never sneak out again.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Okay so it's confirmed that brain spiders do indeed cause permanent damage.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Given the context, I think this is a lot more likely than anything else that could have happened.

nothings
Sep 29, 2008
Too bad Jack couldn't read the author's note on that one.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Come on guys. I'm sure she is a perfectly wonderful person once you get over her eyes, teeth, hygiene, and ability to warp reality to reflect her living nightmares.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Barking up the wrong spooky chick there, Jack my boy. But thanks for playing.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
To be fair, Zimmy's got a pretty smile.

A real pretty smile.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I don't think it's that the brain spiders permanently caused damage, more that they keep you from sleeping and remove all those pesky things like morality and empathy that keep you from acting on every impulse you have.

He was probably attracted to Zimmy before this, is what I'm saying.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Was that just a literary device, or did Annie actually make that picture of Zimmy appear with her ether stuff?

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Annie drew that flattering and entirely unbiased portrait.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

dumb brunette posted:

Couple variations and one bonus.

Thank you!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I can't believe Tom just sunk my Zimmy Gamma ship for a typical teen romance. What an anti-gay hack.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

I for one resent the implication that gay people attract others by infecting them with mind spiders. It is a cheap and archaic stereotype that the LGBT community has worked hard to shake off.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Fried Chicken posted:

it needs to be Friday like, right now.

Of course come Friday morning I'll be saying it needs to be Monday.

called it

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Cabbit posted:

Was that just a literary device, or did Annie actually make that picture of Zimmy appear with her ether stuff?

Annie just discovered her X-men power. Creating mental pictures of Zimmy straight outta nowhere.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I think that Jack might be lying for his own reasons. Could just to frustrate Annie into liking him, could be for mysterious jack reasons.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
On an unrelated note, I wonder if Jack can still fly. We haven't seen him do that post-spider removal.

Hmmm, going back to the treatise, perhaps the spider in Antimony's hands is indicative of her role in rescuing and caring for Jack in the same way that Kat rescued and nurtured her pigeon?

Tardstar
Feb 25, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Zimmy and Jack on incredible adventures in mind hell, A book for children.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Tardstar posted:

Zimmy and Jack on incredible adventures in mind hell, A book for children.

It's a pop-up book, except the hellish pictures you are seeing are manifested in your brain.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So, is this like some kind of boarding-school tradition? Everybody sneaks out at night to hold Who Is The Worst At Accurately Reading Social Cues And Responding Appropriately competitions?

(for the record, my estimation in decreasing order of skill: William > Kat > Normal Person > Annie > Matt > Jack > me at their age > Paz)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

McGravin posted:

Her?

I was going to make this exact post! No fair.