Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aisar
Mar 20, 2006

Don't look at the Batman. The Batman will steal your soul.

Wiz posted:

A request: If this doesn't take much time, and Poland owns or had owned Breslau for any significant period of time, would you rename it to its Polish name of Wrocław?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

SlothfulCobra posted:

Last I remember, Modena had a coast in vanilla.

I've added Lucca as a province. Historically the Duchy of Modena was landlocked, as was Parma.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Calling it now; the Welsh will form Great Britain. Nothing can stop the march of the griffon/dragon thing.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

^^^^^ It always feels a little disappointing to form GB from a country other than England, because the end-result doesn't look any different so it still feels as if the English are the ruling nation.

Assuming Burgundy is still a French-language country, shouldn't its provinces use their French names? E.g. Fribourg, Berne, and Suisse.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Please do not support the Western cultural imperialism and change all province names to their real names as used by the locals, in their writing system, down to the last kanji and the very last accent. If you do invest the countless hours to do the necessary research and editing, I promise I will spend the necessary two seconds to vote this thread 5 in return.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Wiz posted:

Started map-modding. Progress so far:

What happened to Bulgaria and the four Byzantine successor states?

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

NihilCredo posted:

^^^^^ It always feels a little disappointing to form GB from a country other than England, because the end-result doesn't look any different so it still feels as if the English are the ruling nation.

Quick fix for this:

Mod in a new copy of Great Britain that's purple-ish with a new name.

You now have Welsh GB.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Viola the Mad posted:

They're probably to be added later in the conversion.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SirJohnnyMcDonald posted:

Quick fix for this:

Mod in a new copy of Great Britain that's purple-ish with a new name.

You now have Welsh GB.

Great Wales?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

frankenfreak posted:

Please do not support the Western cultural imperialism and change all province names to their real names as used by the locals, in their writing system, down to the last kanji and the very last accent. If you do invest the countless hours to do the necessary research and editing, I promise I will spend the necessary two seconds to vote this thread 5 in return.

I don't mind changing province names as long as people make the suggestions for me. Changed Sudety to Plsen and Breslau to Wroclaw.

Wiz fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 2, 2011

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Viola the Mad posted:

Again, I'm not done.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

MadPierrot posted:

2nd edit: a little something for the Dutch/Batavian Order.

This looks a little too Finnish to me.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
No Switzerland? :(

It looks like Tirol has most of the land that would form the Confederation. Wiz quick question, is Tirol a monarchy, or is it a confederation of canton banded together for mutual trade and defense?

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Great Wales?

Great Cymru :colbert:

Also Wales needs a dragon flag. Because a dragon is better than four lions.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Great Wales?
Britannia in Miscmods.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jimmy4400nav posted:

No Switzerland? :(

It looks like Tirol has most of the land that would form the Confederation. Wiz quick question, is Tirol a monarchy, or is it a confederation of canton banded together for mutual trade and defense?

It's a Duchy. And Burgundy owns 80% of Switzerland, Tirol only holds Chur.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
FLAGCHAT

Orange Devil posted:

This looks a little too Finnish to me.

Honestly it's closest to the Faroe islands flag - I wouldn't say it looks Finnish Finnish but it definitely looks Scandinavian. Which I guess isn't too far off from where the dutch order's at, so it's good. Those are good colors too, it really pops.

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

OUR PEOPLE WERE BORN OF THE SKY

Wiz posted:

I don't mind changing province names as long as people make the suggestions for me. Changed Sudety to Plsen and Breslau to Wroclaw.

If you're already doing it, rename the province of Nis into Velbazhd. Nis is way to the west in Serbia, and the province is already bulgarian in culture so might as well give it a bulgarian name

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Change Ghent to Gent, which is the correct Dutch spelling. Bit silly to have the Dutch names for Vlaanderen and Antwerpen, but then throw in Ghent.

If Artois is Flemish, it could be called Artesië. But it'd depend on how long it's been part of Flanders.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
That Batavian Order flag is the Teutonic flag with the shield of Brabant in the middle and the colors of Frisia making up the cross. I thought this was appropriate since Frisia and Brabant both had holdings in the region and are the main "Dutch" powers in this timeline. Also Frisia's flag is frankly kind of goofy whilst Brabant's is exceptionally cool. I'm not sure what looks Finnish about it, but it is a little too big and I can edit it a little when I go to resize. Overall though I'm pretty happy with it, and Icecream_Jones made a nice alternative as well if you don't like mine.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

MadPierrot posted:

That Batavian Order flag is the Teutonic flag with the shield of Brabant in the middle and the colors of Frisia making up the cross. I thought this was appropriate since Frisia and Brabant both had holdings in the region and are the main "Dutch" powers in this timeline. Also Frisia's flag is frankly kind of goofy whilst Brabant's is exceptionally cool. I'm not sure what looks Finnish about it, but it is a little too big and I can edit it a little when I go to resize. Overall though I'm pretty happy with it, and Icecream_Jones made a nice alternative as well if you don't like mine.

It's a white flag with a blue cross, that's why it looks finnish

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pakled posted:

It hasn't gotten a lot of attention in this LP, but the Low Countries look exciting. Brabant and Flanders are going to be pretty powerful, and the area is a lot more unified than historically in 1400. The first two will probably be among the most powerful in the HRE, taking a back seat only to Burgundy.

Flanders got lucky, because it looks like in whatever version Wiz is using Vlaanderen has been split into Vlaanderen and Gent.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Here's a big bunch of screenshots showing progress and zooming in on some flags. As before, I AM NOT DONE, so please don't ask dumb questions about why the Timurids are still on the map.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Khwarizm's pretty big. How valuable are the lands near the caspian sea, anyway?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

nimby posted:

Change Ghent to Gent, which is the correct Dutch spelling. Bit silly to have the Dutch names for Vlaanderen and Antwerpen, but then throw in Ghent.

If Artois is Flemish, it could be called Artesië. But it'd depend on how long it's been part of Flanders.

Agree about Gent, but it's such a minor flaw that it doesn't really matter. I think province names are dependent on the culture of the province and not on the dominant culture of its owner, so Artois would still be Artois, though.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Bonus screenshot!

Rejected Fate posted:

Khwarizm's pretty big. How valuable are the lands near the caspian sea, anyway?

Not very. They have a couple 4-5 provinces, rest are 1-3.

Kem Rixen
Aug 6, 2007

With this turnip I am become death, the destroyer of worlds!
From looking at that map Nicaea looks in a really solid position to retake Constantinople.

Also does Armenia not have the Armenia province? If they don't have it they should have a mission to retake it as well as any other provinces that still have large numbers of Armenians in them. I think the Jamalids have most of those provinces.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kem Rixen posted:

From looking at that map Nicaea looks in a really solid position to retake Constantinople.

Also does Armenia not have the Armenia province? If they don't have it they should have a mission to retake it as well as any other provinces that still have large numbers of Armenians in them. I think the Jamalids have most of those provinces.

They don't, but I've renamed the province Yerevan. They have a core on it.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
I still need a few flags if someone wants to work on them. Right now, I need Orthodox Ruthenian Crimea and Jewish Astrakhan.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Wiz posted:

I still need a few flags if someone wants to work on them. Right now, I need Orthodox Ruthenian Crimea and Jewish Astrakhan.

I'll be happy as long as you include the axe-wielding rooster flag somehow.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
One of the Turkish minor flags with the Star of David/Whatever it actually is on those would be ideal.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Where's the core for Khazaria in there :(

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Frionnel posted:

Where's the core for Khazaria in there :(

No Khazaria. There is however the Jewish Merchant Republic of Astrakhan.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Wiz posted:

Not very. They have a couple 4-5 provinces, rest are 1-3.

That's a pity. Still, it'd be nice to engulf it. Having a personal sea would be pretty drat cool.

Then we would have a monopoly on Caspian Seals! And they are adorable.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
Clearly we need a Caspian Seal flag.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm conflicted. I can't decide if I'm more excited to see Wiz continue the LP or to play the scenario myself once he releases it.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Astrakhan:

Crimea:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
An idea for the United Jewish Kibbutzim of Astrakhan:

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

MadPierrot posted:

Clearly we need a Caspian Seal flag.

Yes!

Frionnel posted:

Crimea:

That is an incredibly cool flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Calling it now, Great Britain will be formed by the Isle of Man.

• Locked thread