Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

SlothfulCobra posted:

Calling it now, Great Britain will be formed by the Isle of Man.

And the cultural union will then be renamed Great Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Welsh Great Britain posted:

Greater Cambria

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
The Kingdom of Man and the Isles was more often called simply the Kingdom of the Isles. If the nation is referred to as The Isles then it doesn't need any cultural union tag at all.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
On that Manx note, the Italian flag needs a triskelion in there somewhere, heraldry be damned.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/ba/Flag_of_Sicily_%28revised%29.svg

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Wiz posted:

I don't mind changing province names as long as people make the suggestions for me. Changed Sudety to Plsen and Breslau to Wroclaw.

Could you please change province #759's name from Diamentina to Diamantina if it's not too much trouble? It probably won't matter to this (or any future) thread, but it's a personal pet peeve of mine. Also Diamentina is just plain wrong.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave

Frionnel posted:

Astrakhan:

Crimea:

Love that Crimea flag.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Done with the entire CK area, about to start on India:

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Wiz posted:

Hey Wiz, you probably noticed this already, but the typo is still there with Persia.

Also the accursed Jamalids prevent the ancient Azerbaijanian tradition of trying to kill Georgia.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Persua looks pretty formidable.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Rejected Fate posted:

Hey Wiz, you probably noticed this already, but the typo is still there with Persia.

There is no typo in regards to the great Persuan Empire.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rejected Fate posted:

Also the accursed Jamalids prevent the ancient Azerbaijanian tradition of trying to kill Georgia.

I'm making fun of all the people who wanted it to stay as Persua. :ssh:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Is the Golden Horde going to be a horde? Are we going to be humiliated into tribute once every decade?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Oh man, Wiz, I can't wait until you start the EU3 portion of the LP. For some reason I'm really digging the fact that Azerbaijan is so god drat tiny, should be a fine challenge.
I wonder what the odds are of some major power in the area, like Persua, completely running poor Azerbaijan over within the first few updates.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

FadingChord posted:

Is the Golden Horde going to be a horde? Are we going to be humiliated into tribute once every decade?

I don't use hordes because they're impossible to balance. Instead of hordes, I have a nomadic tech group, which Golden Horde is in.

Countries in nomadic tech group:
- Get bonuses to their shock, manpower and land forcelimits, and cheaper cavalry, but more expensive artillery and buildings.
- Get awesome starting units, but never get any new units from tech.
- Have the slowest tech speed.

You can reform out of nomadic tech group with a decision that requires 0 or less centralization, 0 or less innovative and an ADM 7 ruler.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Oh man, Wiz, I can't wait until you start the EU3 portion of the LP. For some reason I'm really digging the fact that Azerbaijan is so god drat tiny, should be a fine challenge.
I wonder what the odds are of some major power in the area, like Persua, completely running poor Azerbaijan over within the first few updates.

Well presumably we should have fairly good relations with them, right? What with the shared history and all.

Hell, perhaps a union could be formed.

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

Gladi posted:

Bright day
Wiz, I am sorry for being "That Guy", but could you rename the Bohemian provinces? Or at least Sudety with actual Sudetenland being in NW part of my country? To Sumava or Bohmerwald?

Historicaly those areas were: Erz- Loketský, Žatecký and Litoměřický region (or shire) (source: "Dějiny správy v českých zemích" (History of governance in czech lands), Zdeňka Hledíková, Jan Janák, Jan Dobeš. Nakladatelství Lidové noviny. Praha. 2007.). And Sudety- Plzeňský, Prácheňský and Bechyňský region (source: ditto)

Once more my apologies, but at least once I am in the place to say it.

Hello, fellow countryman! This kind of suggestions reminds me of the various nationalist groups from the Balkan area, which is kinda unpleasant. Though... Wiz did say he doesn't mind changing the province names... and ofter all, he's the one who made the amazing Historically Accurate Balkans mod. OK then, I took the liberty to reformulate your and steinrokkan's posts to an easy to use list:

----

* Erz (original) > "Reichenberg" (German name for the main town there) or "Liberec" (Czech name for the town).

* Sudety (original) > Plzen (You wrote "Plsen", Wiz, which is a mash-up of the German and Czech spelling. This is a very, very minor nitpick.)

----

It would also be cool if you made one of the Bohemian provinces German in culture - ideally "Erz" (rename to "Reichenberg" if you use German culture). Bohemia used to have a huge German minority (about 1/3 of the population) but for some reason Paradox didn't notice in EU or CK (they got it right in Victoria, though).

Yeah, I realise these changes are all prety minor but as long as we're talking about pet peeves...

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'd rather keep Bohemia Czech, there's few enough Czech provinces and a ridiculous number of German ones.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Rejected Fate posted:

Hell, perhaps a union could be formed.
The LP will end with Azerbaijan being inherited by Persua.

vvv: Oh, didn't know that.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 2, 2011

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Kainser posted:

The LP will end with Azerbaijan being inherited by Persua.

Player controlled nations can't be inherited.

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

Wiz posted:

I'd rather keep Bohemia Czech, there's few enough Czech provinces and a ridiculous number of German ones.

Fair enough.

Speaking about minor cultures, are there any Wends left? I know that CK starts with a lot of pagan Wendish provinces on the German/Polish borders. By the end of the game, they've usually all been germanised. Did that happen even in this playthrough? I don't think we've seen the culture map. It might be nice to have Wendish Pommerania or something.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

markus_cz posted:

Fair enough.

Speaking about minor cultures, are there any Wends left? I know that CK starts with a lot of pagan Wendish provinces on the German/Polish borders. By the end of the game, they've usually all been germanised. Did that happen even in this playthrough? I don't think we've seen the culture map. It might be nice to have Wendish Pommerania or something.

No Wends left.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Wiz posted:

Looks like the Latin Empire might be in an even worse starting position than vanilla Byzantium. I guess the Byzantine successor states are a lot less threatening than the Ottomans, but it starts even smaller and it lacks small states with its cores to victimise.

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

Wiz posted:

No Wends left.

drat you, historical accuracy :argh:

I don't know... for some reason it makes me feel sad when I see a nation slowly die out in CK or EU. I always root for the underdogs and want as many pagans and minor nations as possible to survive. But they always die. :(

EDIT: What about Sami? Are they still alive and kicking?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

markus_cz posted:

drat you, historical accuracy :argh:

I don't know... for some reason it makes me feel sad when I see a nation slowly die out in CK or EU. I always root for the underdogs and want as many pagans and minor nations as possible to survive. But they always die. :(

EDIT: What about Sami? Are they still alive and kicking?

There's a few Sami culture provinces.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Looks like the Latin Empire might be in an even worse starting position than vanilla Byzantium. I guess the Byzantine successor states are a lot less threatening than the Ottomans, but it starts even smaller and it lacks small states with its cores to victimise.

A player might be able to pull it off, starting with that many cores that won't decay is such a huge advantage it really breaks the difficulty of playing as a smaller nation. The AI however has no chance, I don't think I've ever seen the AI retake Byzantium in a vanilla game so it's screwed here.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Keep in mind the Latin Empire is an Italian vassal, so anyone that DOWs them will have to deal with Italy.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

uPen posted:

A player might be able to pull it off, starting with that many cores that won't decay is such a huge advantage it really breaks the difficulty of playing as a smaller nation. The AI however has no chance, I don't think I've ever seen the AI retake Byzantium in a vanilla game so it's screwed here.
I've seen it happen quite a few times in Vanilla. Sometimes the Timurids will just gently caress over the Ottomans completely, and that usually means that their greek provinces rebel over to the Byzantines who then can grab the rest with their free cores (which they get way to many of in Vanilla).

e; I usually play with random lucky nations though which means that Byzantium is pretty likely to be lucky since it's weighted in their favor.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 2, 2011

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

uPen posted:

Will the Latin Empire start with all those cores? I'd been assuming it wouldn't, although even with them it's a pretty challenging start.

Wiz posted:

Keep in mind the Latin Empire is an Italian vassal, so anyone that DOWs them will have to deal with Italy.

Well, that reduces the chance they get killed early on, but in some ways it makes the start even harder.

This isn't a criticism, though, there's nothing wrong with some countries having really rough starts!

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Latin Empire gets no cores except Thrace.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
Odds are the Latin Empire will be diploannexed by Italy and they won't be able to hold on to it because it is isolated and will spawn 12k rebel stacks.

Kem Rixen
Aug 6, 2007

With this turnip I am become death, the destroyer of worlds!

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

It's in a far worse state than the Latin Empire of OTL. I really don't see them lasting very long into EUIII even with the protection of Italy.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
Cherson is probably worse of than the Latin Empire.

Kaffa isn't a great province like Thrace.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

theblastizard posted:

Cherson is probably worse of than the Latin Empire.

Kaffa isn't a great province like Thrace.

I've buffed Kaffa a bit, but yeah.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Kainser posted:

I've seen it happen quite a few times in Vanilla.

Yeah, a messed-up Ottomans+Greek Patriot Rebels right off the bat will give the Byzantines most of Greece back, and if they're coupled with Bulgarian Nationalists they'll have a fully-cored, weak northern neighbor to prey on (as well as leaving Albania the only Ottoman province in Europe, and sometimes even that breaks off). I've seen some pretty powerful AI Byzantiums.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
I've had multiple games where Byzantium replaced the Ottomans.

My favorites are always the Sultanates of Byzantium.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
We had powerful Byzantium, powerful France and powerful Germany in the original Hohen LP, so I'm definitely pretty interested in seeing a timeline where they aren't major players- at least to the same extent. Even if we are going to be watching from the sidelines.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Populism will rise again.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

Wiz posted:

Populism will rise again.

I'm expecting looking forward to the bonus updates for this along with the Brethren now.

What government type is 'Republican City-State?' Admin. Republic?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Rank 1 Federal Republic. I use a 3-rank system for Monarchies and Republics, and I've added a couple republic types for early tech republics (Federal Republic, Despotic Republic).

Ranks for Republic are: City-State, Republic, Federation
Ranks for Monarchy are: Principality, Kingdom, Empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I love the little quirks that come with the map labeling system. Seeing Italy trying to limbo its way on the map is great.

• Locked thread