Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Spoilers Below posted:

Noticed two bugs tonight: the level 10 bite power for the Dead Rat Deserter is simply repeating the text of the hybrid form transformation power, and the Arena Training Fighter build isn't properly assigning the feat bonuses to all the trained weapons.

Major thanks to you guys for maintaining this! It's head and shoulders above anything Wizards is putting out.

Hey man, I have a fix for Arena training. It's just stupid and clunky and requires typing out the same thing (but subtlety different) for each weapon type that exists in the game.

I've added it to the builder, check it out and see if it works for your character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

As coded they will definitely show up twice and I am not sure why this approach was taken. Also these feats are giving blanket bonuses to everything without regard to requirements. For example: White Lotus Dueling Expertise feat as written is going to give the feat bonus to all powers regardless of whether they are arcane or not. This would be an issue for magic item powers, multiclass and hybrid characters, skill powers, and theme powers just to name a few. Having just read the Dragon Article this seems to be another il-conceived article in the flavor of the Essential Hybrid Playtest. Quality and thoughtfulness of Dragon Articles are definitely at an all-time low.

Consider the follow XML for White Lotus Dueling Expertise to fix it up a little:
code:
<RulesElement name="White Lotus Dueling Expertise" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_TIV_FEAT_D402-01" source="Dragon Magazine 402">
<Prereqs> Any arcane class </Prereqs>
<print-prereqs> Any Arcane Class </print-prereqs>
      <Flavor> You have been trained to carry out an arcane duel using a variety of implements-often more than one at the same time. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Gain feat bonus to arcane attacks and basic attacks. </specific>
        <rules>
	    <statadd name="arcane:attack" value="+1" type="Feat" />
            <statadd name="arcane:attack" value="+2" type="Feat" requires="11 level" />
            <statadd name="arcane:attack" value="+3" type="Feat" requires="21 level" />
	    <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MELEE_BASIC_ATTACK:attack" value="+1" type="feat"  />
	    <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MELEE_BASIC_ATTACK:attack" value="+2" type="feat" requires="11 Level" />
	    <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MELEE_BASIC_ATTACK:attack" value="+3" type="feat" requires="21 Level" />
	    <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_RANGED_BASIC_ATTACK:attack" value="+1" type="feat"  />
	    <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_RANGED_BASIC_ATTACK:attack" value="+2" type="feat" requires="11 Level" />
	    <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_RANGED_BASIC_ATTACK:attack" value="+3" type="feat" requires="21 Level" />
	</rules>	  
You gain a +1 feat bonus to the attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks that you make with any weapon or implement with which you have proficiency. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
	In addition, when you hit an enemy with an arcane at-will attack power or basic attack on your turn, you gain a +2 bonus to Arcana checks and Diplomacy checks until the end of your next turn.
</RulesElement>
This version of White Lotus Dueling Expertise gives the feat to-hit bonus with only arcane powers. Since this bonus applies to all weapons and implements that the user can use for arcane attack powers it doesn't matter what implement they are using. This also gives the bonus to melee and ranged basic attacks. However, theme attack powers and non-arcane attack powers will not falsely get the bonus this way so multi-classing and hybrids will be calculated correctly. A similar upgrade can be done on War Wizard's Expertise feat.

Also
Dwarven Rod Expertise
I would consider changing the conditional bonus in that feat to a real one like:
<statadd name="Mace:attack" value="+1" type="Feat" />
<statadd name="Mace:attack" value="+2" type="Feat" requires="11 level" />
<statadd name="Mace:attack" value="+3" type="Feat" requires="21 level" />

The reason I made them show twice and I thought I had this fixed is because the feat actually adds more than just bonuses to attacks and hits for example:

<RulesElement name="Devoted Priest Expertise" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_TIV_FEAT_D402-05" source="Dragon Magazine 402" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 PM" >
<Flavor> Even when you wade into battle with your weapon at the ready, your enemies still feel the sting of the symbol of your faith. </Flavor>
<specific name="Short Description"> You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls you make with the weapon and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls you make with the holy symbol. </specific>
<specific name="Special" />
<specific name="type" />
<specific name="Associated Power Info" />
<specific name="Associated Powers" />
<rules>
<statadd name="holy symbol implement,implement:attack" value="+1" type="Feat" />
<statadd name="holy symbol implement,implement:attack" value="+2" type="Feat" requires="11 level" />
<statadd name="holy symbol implement,implement:attack" value="+3" type="Feat" requires="21 level" />
<statadd name="weapon:attack" value="+1" type="feat" />
<statadd name="weapon:attack" value="+2" type="feat" requires="11 level" />
<statadd name="weapon:attack" value="+3" type="feat" requires="21 level" />
<statadd name="damage rolls" value="+1" type="Feat" condition="when you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage"/>
<statadd name="damage rolls" value="+1" type="Feat" requires="11 level" condition="when you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage"/>
<statadd name="damage rolls" value="+1" type="Feat" requires="21 level" condition="when you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage"/>
<grant name="ID_TIV_FEAT_D402-05-1" type="Feat" />
</rules>
When you are using a holy symbol and wielding a melee weapon with which you are proficient, you gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls you make with the weapon and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls you make with the holy symbol. These bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
Also, when you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage with a weapon attack while you are using a holy symbol, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
</RulesElement><RulesElement name="Devoted Priest Expertise " type="Feat" internal-id="ID_TIV_FEAT_D402-05-1" source="Dragon Magazine 402" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 PM" >
<Prereqs> Unselectable </Prereqs>
<specific name="Short Description"> When you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage with a weapon attack while you are using a holy symbol, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. </specific>

Looking at the above feat yes it gives the bonus to the attack :
When you are using a holy symbol and wielding a melee weapon with which you are proficient, you gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls you make with the weapon and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls you make with the holy symbol. These bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

but also has this in the feat description:
When you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage with a weapon attack while you are using a holy symbol, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

So I thought OK, I dont want to make this huge "Short Description" but I do want the info to show up on the CB Sheet, so I added a grant just to have it show up, is what I was trying to accomplish. I may have to add another space after the title so it works properly if it isn't. This may not even be a good idea considering some people dont want that much info on their character sheet.

So even though it has the title twice the description listed is completely different for both of them. (Its actually the full feat description on the sheet.)

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Greyhawk I added those fixes to the file and if the community really doesn't
think, like, think I'm an idiot(LOL), etc...
about the feat showing twice with the full feat description on the sheet let me know- I'm honestly no good with short descriptions and how they should be worded and I can remove the second entry.

Drew your right unless you make all of them conditional, and the condition could become quite lengthy, so I thought maybe with the description on the sheet this would help make it clearer on how to implement the bonus during a game.

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 4, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

I think it would probably be best for any feat to show up on the sheet only once. Having it appear twice actually takes up considerable more room on the character sheet as your loosing an entire extra line (or two).

While some of the short feat descriptions were really poor I don't understand the need to rewrite them all and making them huge. The long feat description is actually the one we should be concerned about for selecting feats. When you highlight a feat when you are choosing them it shows the full long description. As long as this is fully accurate to me that is good. You are supposed to have your books with you when you are playing. If you really have a complicated feat description then you can print the sucker out in the Compendium and throw it into your character folder. Plus if it is that complicated your Dungeon Master has probably already investigated it. Fourth edition feats were designed to be limited and concise. We are seeing some serious feat bloat and counter-design by the current staff of WotC. The days of having a two or three paragraph feat description were supposed to be over with Third Edition. I haven't been real happy with the new articles since the new post-layoff team started trying to write them instead of cannibalizing stuff like the Class Compendium book (that was already written).

Maybe all this effort being put into rewriting feat descriptions could be made into a home-brew optional part file that adds "feat cards" to the builder. These feat cards could have the full text of these feats on its own card with all of the latest errata and be very readable without crushing the limited space of page 1 of the character sheet. Some level 30 characters are seeing some extreme damage to the "short descriptions" because they are running right off the page and make even less sense than before. And no most of us don't want to add an extra page to our character sheet. Three page character sheets are horrible. Unless you really want to go gonzo and expand all the short descriptions for all race features and all class features and stop suppressing them and turn the single character sheet into a four-page character booklet I personally would rather print them as a single double-sided page.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Greyhawk Fan posted:

I think it would probably be best for any feat to show up on the sheet only once. Having it appear twice actually takes up considerable more room on the character sheet as your loosing an entire extra line (or two).

While some of the short feat descriptions were really poor I don't understand the need to rewrite them all and making them huge. The long feat description is actually the one we should be concerned about for selecting feats. When you highlight a feat when you are choosing them it shows the full long description. As long as this is fully accurate to me that is good. You are supposed to have your books with you when you are playing. If you really have a complicated feat description then you can print the sucker out in the Compendium and throw it into your character folder. Plus if it is that complicated your Dungeon Master has probably already investigated it. Fourth edition feats were designed to be limited and concise. We are seeing some serious feat bloat and counter-design by the current staff of WotC. The days of having a two or three paragraph feat description were supposed to be over with Third Edition. I haven't been real happy with the new articles since the new post-layoff team started trying to write them instead of cannibalizing stuff like the Class Compendium book (that was already written).

Maybe all this effort being put into rewriting feat descriptions could be made into a home-brew optional part file that adds "feat cards" to the builder. These feat cards could have the full text of these feats on its own card with all of the latest errata and be very readable without crushing the limited space of page 1 of the character sheet. Some level 30 characters are seeing some extreme damage to the "short descriptions" because they are running right off the page and make even less sense than before. And no most of us don't want to add an extra page to our character sheet. Three page character sheets are horrible. Unless you really want to go gonzo and expand all the short descriptions for all race features and all class features and stop suppressing them and turn the single character sheet into a four-page character booklet I personally would rather print them as a single double-sided page.

Agreed - you said what I was trying to say in a much more concise way :)
It's not that all the effort is un appreciated, it just seems to me that because we CAN do stuff with the character builder, doesn't mean we HAVE to.

Sakri
Dec 15, 2010

Greyhawk Fan posted:

While some of the short feat descriptions were really poor I don't understand the need to rewrite them all and making them huge. The long feat description is actually the one we should be concerned about for selecting feats. When you highlight a feat when you are choosing them it shows the full long description. As long as this is fully accurate to me that is good.

I don't want to click through all the feats when making a character and reviewing feat options. I like it that the immediately visible short descriptions give me enough information about whether the feat is worth considering.

Greyhawk Fan posted:

You are supposed to have your books with you when you are playing. If you really have a complicated feat description then you can print the sucker out in the Compendium and throw it into your character folder.

We don't like to haul all the dozens of books with us when we play, so it's much more useful if relevant feat information is on the char sheet. Even if it means printing extra page for it. Plus, we don't have access to Compendium, since DDI isn't worth the money anymore. Hasn't been since they stopped supporting LCB.

But I guess we could have a separate part-file that contains all the feats in the game with the more accurate short descriptions, and the old short descriptions could be restored to the usual part files. People could then choose which ones to use. I can put together the compiled feat part with longer short descriptions if we go this way.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
I have to agree with greyhawk they should be short and concise and as far as created feat cards (HMMMMM....I like that idea.) this would make it a homebrew you could add them or not its up to every player. I may have just found another project for all those overbloated feats.

I will make the proper changes to the new feats that i added and eliminate the double posting.

Sakri
Dec 15, 2010
OK, since you probably want to revert back to the original short feat descriptions, I put together a part file containing all the feats with my longer short feat descriptions. I already sent it to you guys. I would really appreciate it if you could keep this file available on the first message for those who like to have the longer descriptions.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
Looks like there's still some wackiness in the new playtest feats. Without going over ALL of them, I'll bring up War Wizard's Expertise, because that's one I'll actually USE, and there's some lessons to be learned there...

code:
<rules>
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise (Light Blade)" value="+1" />
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise (Light Blade)" value="+1" requires="Paragon Tier" />
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise (Light Blade)" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />
   <statadd name="Light Blade group,weapon:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise (Light Blade)" type="Feat" />
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise (Heavy Blade)" value="+1" />
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise (Heavy Blade)" value="+1" requires="Paragon Tier" />
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise (Heavy Blade)" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />
   <statadd name="Heavy Blade group,weapon:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise (Heavy Blade)" type="Feat" />
   <grant name="ID_TIV_FEAT_D402-08-1" type="Feat" />
</rules>	  
First, you don't need to set up "War Wizard's Expertise (Light Blade)" AND "War Wizard's Expertise (Heavy Blade)"; just use "War Wizard's Expertise", and add them to all the actual attack bonus rules, including the arcane attack ones.

Second, you're adding the bonus to all weapon attacks, whereas the feat states you get the bonus to the attack rolls of arcane attacks and BASIC attacks. I noticed that in the other feats, you use the full ID of melee and ranged basic attacks when adding bonuses to those, but the CB appears (from my limited testing) to understand "melee basic" and "ranged basic".

Third, you're adding the bonus to all arcane attacks, regardless of implement.

Also, you left in the sub-feat grant...

Code I'd recommend:
code:
<rules>
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise" value="+1" /> 
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise" value="+1" requires="Paragon Tier" /> 
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" /> 
   <statadd name="arcane,heavy blade group:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise" type="Feat" /> 
   <statadd name="arcane,light blade group:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise" type="Feat" /> 
   <statadd name="melee basic,heavy blade group:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise" type="Feat" /> 
   <statadd name="melee basic,light blade group:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise" type="Feat" /> 
   <statadd name="ranged basic,heavy blade group:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise" type="Feat" /> 
   <statadd name="ranged basic,light blade group:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise" type="Feat" /> 
</rules>	  
Cut and pasted straight from my test part; quick testing shows it should work as intended.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

So Arena Training now applies to all non-darksun weapons, with the following problems:

It can't tell (at the moment) what your chosen arena weapons are, so it applies the Arena Weapon Training to all weapons, as long as you have
Light Blade Expertise
Heavy Blade Expertise
Bludgeon Expertise,
etc (the expertise line of feats).

It doesn't help anyone who took Weapon focus, or another feat that adds +hit or +damage (those don't work at the moment either).

I really like the idea of Arena Training, it's just to get it work in practice is a gargantuan task.

Hopefully this will tide over the people who have requested it.

EDIT: is there anyway to get a feat/power/etc to apply to a power that is ranged? I know the builder can parse "ranged basic" but is there way to tell it what is a ranged power or not? Because if there was, enlarge spell could work as all wizard powers are either ranged x, burst y, or blast z. If we said "throw that text string on to all powers !ranged" it would work better. As it stands right now, it's very close to being perfect, it just shows up on the Ranged powers, when it shouldn't.

Edit 2: I through in Weapon Focus and Weapon Expertise (just in case) to arena training. Still not sure how to tie it into the weapon selection, but I'll think about how I can get it to work for a bit.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 5, 2011

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Sakri posted:

I don't want to click through all the feats when making a character and reviewing feat options. I like it that the immediately visible short descriptions give me enough information about whether the feat is worth considering.

You know you can page through the feats with the up and down arrow keys? Then the full description is displayed on the right.

Drewjitsu posted:

EDIT: is there anyway to get a feat/power/etc to apply to a power that is ranged? I know the builder can parse "ranged basic" but is there way to tell it what is a ranged power or not? Because if there was, enlarge spell could work as all wizard powers are either ranged x, burst y, or blast z. If we said "throw that text string on to all powers !ranged" it would work better. As it stands right now, it's very close to being perfect, it just shows up on the Ranged powers, when it shouldn't.

There are a couple of wizard powers that are melee too (don't know the exact ones, but I know they exist :( )

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Sep 5, 2011

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship
Hey, if any of you has some free time, could you make this class a part?:
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/28208297/Soulknife:_A_Power_Points_Striker_with_an_Essentials_Format?pg=1

It's an essentials power-point striker, and ever since reading it, I wanted to play it. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes this on.

Namagem fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 5, 2011

SabreCat
Dec 12, 2010

d4 damage with the ill behavior

Mr Beens posted:

You know you can page through the feats with the up and down arrow keys? Then the full description is displayed on the right.
Eyeballs are a lot faster than up/down arrows. I'm with Sakri on this one.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

scpredmage posted:

Looks like there's still some wackiness in the new playtest feats. Without going over ALL of them, I'll bring up War Wizard's Expertise, because that's one I'll actually USE, and there's some lessons to be learned there...

code:
<rules>
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise (Light Blade)" value="+1" />
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise (Light Blade)" value="+1" requires="Paragon Tier" />
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise (Light Blade)" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />
   <statadd name="Light Blade group,weapon:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise (Light Blade)" type="Feat" />
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise (Heavy Blade)" value="+1" />
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise (Heavy Blade)" value="+1" requires="Paragon Tier" />
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise (Heavy Blade)" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />
   <statadd name="Heavy Blade group,weapon:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise (Heavy Blade)" type="Feat" />
   <grant name="ID_TIV_FEAT_D402-08-1" type="Feat" />
</rules>	  
First, you don't need to set up "War Wizard's Expertise (Light Blade)" AND "War Wizard's Expertise (Heavy Blade)"; just use "War Wizard's Expertise", and add them to all the actual attack bonus rules, including the arcane attack ones.

Second, you're adding the bonus to all weapon attacks, whereas the feat states you get the bonus to the attack rolls of arcane attacks and BASIC attacks. I noticed that in the other feats, you use the full ID of melee and ranged basic attacks when adding bonuses to those, but the CB appears (from my limited testing) to understand "melee basic" and "ranged basic".

Third, you're adding the bonus to all arcane attacks, regardless of implement.

Also, you left in the sub-feat grant...

Code I'd recommend:
code:
<rules>
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise" value="+1" /> 
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise" value="+1" requires="Paragon Tier" /> 
   <statadd name="War Wizard's Expertise" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" /> 
   <statadd name="arcane,heavy blade group:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise" type="Feat" /> 
   <statadd name="arcane,light blade group:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise" type="Feat" /> 
   <statadd name="melee basic,heavy blade group:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise" type="Feat" /> 
   <statadd name="melee basic,light blade group:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise" type="Feat" /> 
   <statadd name="ranged basic,heavy blade group:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise" type="Feat" /> 
   <statadd name="ranged basic,light blade group:attack" value="+War Wizard's Expertise" type="Feat" /> 
</rules>	  
Cut and pasted straight from my test part; quick testing shows it should work as intended.

Updated
I actually saw code very similar to that but wasn't sure if that would work properly
Thank You

sake
Feb 23, 2011

Namagem posted:

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/28208297/Soulknife:_A_Power_Points_Striker_with_an_Essentials_Format?pg=1

It's an essentials power-point striker, and ever since reading it, I wanted to play it. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes this on.

Why did I know it was another goddamn melee beatstick before I even clicked that link.

So is Soulknife Strike suppose to be a MBA and they just forgot to add that line? Cause it's overall power level goes down a lot otherwise.

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Owner of Mystic Theurge Publications

Namagem posted:

OK, I'll bite. And, like Sake, I'm going to assume that's supposed to count as an MBA. I'm also going to call it a subset of Battlemind (like the Slayer Fighter) so it can have some ever-lovin' feats.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Does anyone know how to make the animal companion from the Animal Master theme print out on a power card, or otherwise appear on the character sheet?

Also, does anyone know exactly what it means when it says the companion's defenses scale with your level? It seems like a very vague statement and I've gotten a few different answers from different people. Best answer I've heard so far is that its defenses go up by 1 every time yours do.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Does anyone know how to make the animal companion from the Animal Master theme print out on a power card, or otherwise appear on the character sheet?

Also, does anyone know exactly what it means when it says the companion's defenses scale with your level? It seems like a very vague statement and I've gotten a few different answers from different people. Best answer I've heard so far is that its defenses go up by 1 every time yours do.

It means you add your level to whatever the base numbers are, so at level 3 its defenses are base + 3.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Check out the Homebrew: D399 Animal Companion mod

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Used an illusionist for the first time today, and I noticed that it's a little difficult (for me, anyway) to keep track of whether or not Phase-mist Shroud is currently switched on or off. The best way I thought to fix this was to create a power card for that level 16 ability of the Phiarlan Phantasmist.

It's like for Boots of the fencing master, if I've shifted this turn, I flip the card face up (to signify that they are on), and if not, it gets turned face down.

I hope you like it.

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship

sake posted:

Why did I know it was another goddamn melee beatstick before I even clicked that link.

So is Soulknife Strike suppose to be a MBA and they just forgot to add that line? Cause it's overall power level goes down a lot otherwise.

It had a line clarifying it, but he had to condense the text, so he put "Soulknife Basic Attack" in the title line to save space.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
I dunno if this is a bug, or just how the rules work, but I've built out a Revenant (Human) Iron Soul Monk. I maxed my dexterity to 20 and I took Superior Implement Training (Accurate Ki Focus) and Ki Focus Expertise as my 2 first level feats, yet my attack bonus is still only +6. I changed it up and took just normal Implement Expertise (Ki Focus) and it's still only a +6 bonus. Am I missing something?

I'm using all the Core part files.

EDIT: I see there are some updates. I'm gonna install the new CBloard and WOTC.index file and see if that helps out.
EDIT: Nope, still busted. I tried it again with an Elf Centered Breath Monk, and the bonuses are still off by +1. Just for comparison purposes I built out a wizard with Accurate Implement training in Staffs and I gave him Staff Expertise, and he got the expected +7 bonus.

Korlac fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 7, 2011

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I remember finding a bug with Ki Focus Expertise and Superior Ki Focuses in the past, where the feat would only apply to non-Superior versions of the Ki Focus. Try that out and confirm that is the case.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
I can confirm it's the Accurate Ki Focus; I am using an Accurate Ki Focus for my monk, but neither the power cards nor orokos will apply its effects even when it is equipped.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
In the first iteration of my Half-Elf Paladin a few patches ago I had the option of exchanging my channel divinity for a power called Spectre's Shield. A couple of days ago as I was tweaking the character I found that not only did I no longer have the power but I couldn't find any trace of it within the builder. Am I missing something?

Edit: Also, Knight's Defiance (level 15 Paladin Daily) doesn't list the attack / damage modifiers on the power or the card.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 8, 2011

AlphaAnt
Jun 24, 2011

TheArchimage posted:

I can confirm it's the Accurate Ki Focus; I am using an Accurate Ki Focus for my monk, but neither the power cards nor orokos will apply its effects even when it is equipped.

I have seen this as well. I got around it by just modifying the Accurate Ki Focus feat to give a flat +1 with Ki Focus implement attacks.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

edit:

I'm retarded, nevermind.

TehKeen fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 9, 2011

bobprime
Feb 16, 2011
Very minor issue I found:

The dead rat deserter theme has the level 5 and level 5 features out of order in the description bar that appears on the right when you select it.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Shade Heritage feat seems to be working funky. It requires Shadar-kai and a swordmage and it shows up fine on the bloodline feat list.

But the moment you select it it gains the Houseruled icon next to it. I'm wondering if it has to do with the prerequisite of the Shadow Jaunt racial power (what shadar-kai get). The feat itself replaces shadow jaunt with a new power so maybe the feat, when picked, sees that suddenly Shadow Jaunt is missing and declares it to be houseruled?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Here's a few typos in various cleric powers I came across.
  • Divine Beacon: an extraneous full stop at the end of the flavour text, and "loweset" in the Effect line.
  • Holy Spark: "striek", "engluf" and "lighting" in the flavour text.
  • Plague of Doom: "weakin" in the flavour text.
  • Sundering Might: "loweset" in the Effect line.
  • Strength of Spirit: "misssed" in the Effect line.
  • Violence Betrayed: "diving" in the flavour text and "agaist" in the Effect line.
Also, the Iron Wolf Warrior level 2 utility has the Marital keyword. :xd:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I think I'm going crazy. I have CBLoader, everything updates when necessary, etc, etc. I have the Wizards Everything group of files.

But I can't find the files. Any of them. Either I'm sleep deprived or going crazy.

I just don't even what the hell

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Here's a few typos in various cleric powers I came across.
  • Divine Beacon: an extraneous full stop at the end of the flavour text, and "loweset" in the Effect line.
  • Holy Spark: "striek", "engluf" and "lighting" in the flavour text.
  • Plague of Doom: "weakin" in the flavour text.
  • Sundering Might: "loweset" in the Effect line.
  • Strength of Spirit: "misssed" in the Effect line.
  • Violence Betrayed: "diving" in the flavour text and "agaist" in the Effect line.
Also, the Iron Wolf Warrior level 2 utility has the Marital keyword. :xd:

Updated on 9/12/2011

Geffor
Feb 26, 2011

bobprime posted:

Very minor issue I found:

The dead rat deserter theme has the level 5 and level 5 features out of order in the description bar that appears on the right when you select it.

I've been having an issue with homebrew themes in that I seem to have very little control over the order that features/powers are displayed in. This may be the cause of the problem above.

Does anyone have any hints as to how ordering can be done deliberately rather than just hoping that it's reasonably readable ;)

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
I dont think there is a way to get them read in a specific order

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011

Geffor posted:

Does anyone have any hints as to how ordering can be done deliberately rather than just hoping that it's reasonably readable ;)

Well, if you mean how to re-order how the powers are shown on the character sheet, I did find a way to do that, but it requires ordering the character sheet manually. And it is kind of a tricky thing to do, so it's not for an amateur.

Near the end of the character file, you will see code similar to the following:

code:
  &lt;PowerCardMagicItem Visibility=&quot;Visible&quot; IsInSpellbook=&quot;False&quot;&gt;
    &lt;CharLootID xmlns:xsi=&quot;[url]http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance&quot;[/url] xmlns:xsd=&quot;[url]http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema&quot;&gt;[/url]
      &lt;baseID&gt;ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_3864&lt;/baseID&gt;
    &lt;/CharLootID&gt;
  &lt;/PowerCardMagicItem&gt;
This is one power card. So moving this up or down will cause the power card to move positions.

I suppose someone could write a tool to do this, but it will be some work.

Entilzha4 fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 13, 2011

Dementor4
Jun 6, 2011

sake posted:

The top right lists it as "Soulknife Basic Attack"

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
Small error noticed: Infernal Warlock's Hellish Rebuke damage calculation doesn't increase to 2d6 at epic tier.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Another small problem: the equipment section won't let me two-hand a superior implement staff.

sake
Feb 23, 2011

Spoilers Below posted:

Another small problem: the equipment section won't let me two-hand a superior implement staff.

Had that problem for a while now too. Though all the feats that require the staff be held in two hands still work so I'm guessing it's just simply not showing it as being held two handed in the equip slot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
Hey, not sure if this is related to the CBloader or not, but I've noticed that with two Cavalier builds I've been playing with, neither has the Righteous Shield power show up in Iplay4E. I've tested it with both Sacrifice and Valor build, but neither pops up in Iplay4E.

Valor build

Sacrifice build

You think this might be a problem with Iplay4E, or the parts file for the Cavalier?

• Locked thread