Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Other PS3 threads to check out:

- Move Thread - PS3 Import Games Thread - PS3 Goon Database - PSN Game Sharing - PSN Store Thread

- PS3 General Discussion Thread - PS3 Video Streaming Thread

- Click here for the SA Sports Videogames Forum (Fifa, Madden, NHL etc)

- The PS3 Game Trading Thread

Click on a game below to be taken to its thread!

Newer Retail Games

PSN Games

Notable Older Games

Help! I just bought a PS3, what games should I buy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uowwh-2JEzQ

I like a bit of action or adventure in my life..

I like to drive fast cars that may or may not be set in the future..

Playing with friends or family is important to me..

What about unique experiences I can't get anywhere else..?

What games can I look forward to?
  • Yakuza 5
  • Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
  • Final Fantasy Versus XIII
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
  • Zone of the Enders Collection
  • The Last Guardian (Team ICO) [This is never coming out FYI, might as well give up now]
  • Starhawk (Sequel to Warhawk)
  • Jak and Daxter Collection
  • Last of Us
  • Sorcery
  • Ni No Kuni

Playstation Plus FAQ
Q. If I buy a free game from Playstation Plus, how long can I keep the game?

A. If you claim a free game from Playstation Plus, you have acceess to it for as long as you hold a subscription. Even if your subscription lapses and you re-subscribe later on, you still get access to that content as long as it was redeemed while you were a PSN+ member.

Harlock fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Looks good. Here's to another 900+ pages of awesome. :)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I still have to fix links for stuff without a 360/PS3 tag, anything else people want included in the OP, let me know.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Good start so far.

You gonna be linking to threads for PSN games in the OP too? I'll submit my semi-quiet Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls one for consideration.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

As a heads up, the link to the PS3 Import thread leads to the old, archived one and not the current multi-purpose PS3/PSP/PS Vita one.

That thread will be getting an update of its own come the 15th.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Policenaut posted:

As a heads up, the link to the PS3 Import thread leads to the old, archived one and not the current multi-purpose PS3/PSP/PS Vita one.

That thread will be getting an update of its own come the 15th.
Awesome, I couldn't find the tag it was under. Knew someone would help me out though.

iastudent posted:

Good start so far.

You gonna be linking to threads for PSN games in the OP too? I'll submit my semi-quiet Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls one for consideration.
Yup. Just gotta make covers for them to be linked to, and then I'll do so.

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy
Can't forget about GT5

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3367542

I think that should also go in the Recommended games.

While it has its flaws, still a really racing game, IMO.

Also the LBP2 Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383130
(This should also be recommend)

Saints Row The Third should be added to Upcoming games.

Dbhjed fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Sep 5, 2011

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.
The games discussion thread is dead. Long live the games discussion thread.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man, this thread being less than one page long is weird.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You should also add PSN games to buy to the OP (ie Pixeljunk games, Lara Croft, Flower, etc) and also post the best co-op games because that gets asked like every three pages.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

PS2 logo at the top of the OP, ouch!

Still, cool thread Hansel. Shame about the thread title being changed :(

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

MUFFlNS posted:

PS2 logo at the top of the OP, ouch!

Still, cool thread Hansel. Shame about the thread title being changed :(
Well, there really isn't anywhere else to talk about PS2 games...? This is sort of the umbrella (or has been) for PS1 > PS3 talk. Unless people make game specific threads.

I think the new title is witty! The only reason I asked for suggestions was so that the two threads didn't have the same title and were confusing. I was just going to shorten it to PS3 Games Discussion Thread because PS3 seems to be the accepted title of the system now by Sony rather than PlayStation 3.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You forgot Dark Souls in games to look forward to!!!

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

El Shaddai is a very pretty game and everyone should play it to marvel at how pretty it is.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Man, this thread being less than one page long is weird.
Your face is weird. :colbert:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Level Slide posted:

El Shaddai is a very pretty game and everyone should play it to marvel at how pretty it is.

I just beat Majin so it's next on my list!

Also, I do have to say that I stand by saying that Majin was pretty god damned mediocre in almost every way. I didn't hate ti but never did I feel I was doing anything that interesting. The bosses were the highlight, except for the boss of the game, who just kind of sucked.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Pretty? Yea. But I got way bored of El Shaddai fast. Also: there's not knowing what the gently caress, and then there's just random.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

nmfree posted:

Your face is weird. :colbert:
Yeah well you're a jerkface dumb-dumb head.

Anyway newcomers to the PS3 should look to the best games of 2009 to get them started: Demon's Souls, Bayonetta, Infamous, things like that.

Also take advantage of the PS3's free and open policy on import games. I definitely am, I've got Tales of Xillia coming this week, and Dark Souls two weeks after.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

So ya what's up with the new spyro game?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Just got my No More Heroes plat and even broke the top 70 on the leaderboards for three different bosses. :smug:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I take umbrage with the lack of MAG in the OP. Sacrilege.

That and NIER. What the gently caress is wrong with you, Harlock? Seriously, now. :argh:

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
Bout time the old thread was put out to graze and mate with other threads in freedom.

By the time Christmas rolls around I suspect we'd be at page 500 anyways

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

So who else is getting Space Marine this week and facestomping some orks? I quite like the idea of co-op facestomping :black101:

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
I am gonna stomp all over ork faces. Chainswords all up in their guts.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Since it's the most common "what can I play with my girlfriend" game answer and an awesome game on it's own, maybe throw PixelJunk Monsters up in there somewhere?

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

bubbapook posted:

So who else is getting Space Marine this week and facestomping some orks? I quite like the idea of co-op facestomping :black101:

I played the demo and it was pretty fun, but I know nothing about Warhammer so I'll probably get it cheap when I have nothing else to play. Nothing about it screamed "must have" to me but it seems like a solid game.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Danthrax posted:

I played the demo and it was pretty fun, but I know nothing about Warhammer so I'll probably get it cheap when I have nothing else to play. Nothing about it screamed "must have" to me but it seems like a solid game.
Keep in mind Relic/THQ are doing that "we don't like used games" thing, so you won't be able to play the co-op mode in the game if you get it used. The single-player and competitive multiplayer should be fine as far as I know.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

It's been ages since I did any actual gaming on my PS3. Uncharted 3 will absolutely break that cycle on day one. Also Journey from thatgamecompany, Flower was amazing, I have total confidence in whatever they put out.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Harlock posted:

Click on a game below to be taken to its thread!

Retail Games

This doesn't work because the [timg]-tag is resizing the images, so you get to the full image if you click it (unless you click the border of the image).
Could you replace them with normal [img]-tags?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I swear, if I said come in! causes any games I want to be lovely because he started hyping them up I will blow up his house.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tamba posted:

This doesn't work because the [timg]-tag is resizing the images, so you get to the full image if you click it (unless you click the border of the image).
Could you replace them with normal [img]-tags?
What browser are you using? They work with the timgs for me in Firefox/Chrome/IE. I fixed it anyways.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

I use Firefox and had the same problem as Tamba, but now that you've removed the timg tags they work fine :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pandanaut posted:

I swear, if I said come in! causes any games I want to be lovely because he started hyping them up I will blow up his house.

God drat, let me tell you how much i'm seriously looking forward to Dark Souls.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

I said come in! posted:

God drat, let me tell you how much i'm seriously looking forward to Dark Souls.

Do you want me to write angry words directed towards you on The Internet?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
No, seriously, put MAG and NIER in the OP.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's nothing unique about MAG. It's Battlefield with more people.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Aphrodite posted:

There's nothing unique about MAG. It's Battlefield with more people.
I just meant it in the fact that it's Playstation exclusive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Would rather play MAG then the PS3 version of Battlefield 3. BF3 console version is only 24 players, that's not even worth it. The 64 player count is one of the core Battlefield series, defining features. 24 players just makes it a slightly upgraded version of Bad Company 2.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Harlock posted:

What browser are you using? They work with the timgs for me in Firefox/Chrome/IE. I fixed it anyways.

MUFFlNS posted:

I use Firefox and had the same problem as Tamba, but now that you've removed the timg tags they work fine :)

I was using Firefox, thanks for fixing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is BF3 gonna be worth a rental for the SP? I don't play MP at all.

• Locked thread