Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Given that Melisandre thinks Stannis is Azor Ahai and Jon Snow is just some berk who shows up when her flame-TV is out of tune, why should we trust in her judgment when she sees Bloodraven and Bran and assumes they're servants of the Other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Habibi posted:

Isn't this just the deleted Dumbledore flashback chapter from 'Deathly Hallows' with the names changed?

Rats, I've been found out!

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Lid posted:

I think its Moqorro who has a vision of the other/enemy as a creature with one eye and many tentacles reaching everywhere. While given it being a Victarion chapter it would think Euron it is as applicable to Bloodraven with the tentacles being the weirwoods. Not to mention Bran has commited crimes against nature including cannibalism and controlling Hodor which the Sixskins peologue makes clear is an abomination.

The only one who calls warging into other people an abomination is Varamyr's teacher.

On the other hand, almost every single character calls the kinslayer to stand accursed in the eyes of gods (including the old ones) and men alike. Also breaking the sacred guest rights seems to be a particularly nasty sin that many people talk about.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

NihilCredo posted:

Given that Melisandre thinks Stannis is Azor Ahai and Jon Snow is just some berk who shows up when her flame-TV is out of tune, why should we trust in her judgment when she sees Bloodraven and Bran and assumes they're servants of the Other?

Don't forget her Patchface visions (and his for that matter) but just because she can't read them I'm not getting the best of vibes from Bloodraven.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
So what is the thinking on Aegon = a Blackfyre and not the Aegon we think he is theory? It seems pretty plausible to me.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Sexpansion posted:

So what is the thinking on Aegon = a Blackfyre and not the Aegon we think he is theory? It seems pretty plausible to me.

Honestly, at this point I think the only Aegon reveal that would surprise me would be if he was a Lannister. Otherwise it's all fair game. He might be the real deal, he might be the descendant of some Targ off-shoot, he might be the real R+L=?, and so on.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
What if Jojen was really Howland Reed?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

computer parts posted:

What if Jojen was really Howland Reed?

That would make the "Bran wargs into Jojen to boink Meera" scenario I outlined in one of the other threads that much more GRRM-tastic.

Quantify!
Apr 3, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Habibi posted:

That would make the "Bran wargs into Jojen to boink Meera" scenario I outlined in one of the other threads that much more GRRM-tastic.
Whoa whoa whoa, you can't just say that and not post it again.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Habibi posted:

You know I never really ranked whether brother-sister incest or father-daughter incest was the more GRRMy.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Well thus far father daughter incest has only occurred with secondary characters, so I'd say brother-sister incest is more GRRMy.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Quantify! posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, you can't just say that and not post it again.

Eh, it wasn't much of a theory.

With regards to how the show will treat Meera/Jojen:

Habibi posted:

Junkenstein posted:

Habibi posted:

Though I could see them being cut down to just one character. The way they're originally introduced, there're hints that Bran and Meera might at some point develop a romantic connection, but as Bran becomes more and more of a tree that seems to become less and less likely. Unless Meera is a dendropheliac. Plot twist!!
Or he wargs into Hodor....
Or Joren. Heeeeey - maybe that's why old J is so melancholy these days. He knows any day now, Bran is going to warg into him and use him to boink his sister. Calling it now, because I can see GRRM doing this.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I got a loving good theory guys- Jon Snow will try to warg into Ghost to escape death but ! PLOT TWIST ! Dolorous Edd already warged into Ghost to escape his own fate! Jon's soul gets boxed out and dissipates into the aether! Bran sees all this (while boinking Meera via Jojen) in a vision and weeps a single sappy tear for his dead foster brother (of course Jon is a secret Dayne, from Ashara and Barristan, who doesn't remember after a drunken night)

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

bigmcgaffney posted:

I got a loving good theory guys- Jon Snow will try to warg into Ghost to escape death but ! PLOT TWIST ! Dolorous Edd already warged into Ghost to escape his own fate! Jon's soul gets boxed out and dissipates into the aether! Bran sees all this (while boinking Meera via Jojen) in a vision and weeps a single sappy tear for his dead foster brother (of course Jon is a secret Dayne, from Ashara and Barristan, who doesn't remember after a drunken night)

I dunno...couldn't Jon and Edd share ghost? According to a large amount of people, Edd might even scooch over to make some room for Jon.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

bigmcgaffney posted:

At first I thought you were being facetious but a lot of the individual parts of this are not themselves implausible... something to think about.

Quantify!
Apr 3, 2009

by Fistgrrl
Much like there's a character named Shavepate, Cersei's POV name should've been Shavecunt for that chapter.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

YES bread posted:

At first I thought you were being facetious but a lot of the individual parts of this are not themselves implausible... something to think about.

If only GRRM would flesh out warging mechanics a teensy bit more... then we could know for sure if there could be a possible Edd/Jon cuddle session inside of Ghost. And of course Edd being a warg is barely supported, but hey, J-Conn and cyvasse popped up out of nowhere.

Quantify!
Apr 3, 2009

by Fistgrrl

bigmcgaffney posted:

If only GRRM would flesh out warging mechanics a teensy bit more... then we could know for sure if there could be a possible Edd/Jon cuddle session inside of Ghost. And of course Edd being a warg is barely supported, but hey, J-Conn and cyvasse popped up out of nowhere.
If Jon gets a wolf pregnant while warged into Ghost, does that count as breaking his vows?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Quantify! posted:

If Jon gets a wolf pregnant while warged into Ghost, does that count as breaking his vows?

Not gonna happen; in case you didn't notice, Ghost is homosexual.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

YES bread posted:

:golfclap: Though, Jon might be able to override Ghost's natural inclinations.

This will be a whole new sub-category of rape that GRRM will have invented, wherein a willing victim is raped by an unwilling rapist.

Reverse rapism.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
^^^
edit: also this

Quantify! posted:

Nah, if they try and get him on the Westerosi version of Maury there won't be any genetic evidence Jon whelped some pups.

The perfect crime.

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

YES bread posted:

:what:

Explain please. Next you're going to tell me Lady was a lesbian ("NO NOT LADY SHE'S GOOD!)

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Colonel Pancreas posted:

Explain please. Next you're going to tell me Lady was a lesbian ("NO NOT LADY SHE'S GOOD!)

A couple pages ago it was all the rage to make up a list of characters in the series who were "gay" and then belittle other people for not having "realized" this.

That post is a reference to that fad, which has, for the most part, died down.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Colonel Pancreas posted:

At first I thought he was referring to the scene with the warged guy from the prologue, but then I remember that Summer was doing that.

Quantify!
Apr 3, 2009

by Fistgrrl
Doesn't Jon have a wolf dream where he sees Dolorous Edd jerking off and feels Ghosts arousal? I'm pretty sure that was concrete evidence that Edd and Ghost are both hardcore gay.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Colonel Pancreas posted:

If you've ever had a gay dog it's really, really obvious.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

xamphear posted:

A couple pages ago it was all the rage to make up a list of characters in the series who were "gay" and then belittle other people for not having "realized" this.

That post is a reference to that fad, which has, for the most part, died down.

Nope, according to Phillip Pullman's seminal series His Dark Materials if a persons familiar is the same gender, they are homosexual.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Did gurm give up on the whole big red comet that was mentioned in the first couple books?

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
It went away?

The comet's been mentioned in prophecies etc. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned as an omen in ADWD at least several times.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

Did gurm give up on the whole big red comet that was mentioned in the first couple books?

Yeah basically it was used for some vague prophecies and to foreshadow Dany's massive period at the end of ADWD, maybe also Quentyn's journey to a fiery death.

bigmcgaffney fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 7, 2011

Quantify!
Apr 3, 2009

by Fistgrrl
As the comet faded from the sky, it seemed to all the people in Westeros that it was streaked with brown.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I'm pretty sure the comet was gay too, I'll have to open up Clash of Kings just to be sure though.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

bigmcgaffney posted:

Dany's massive period at the end of ADWD.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. This means her womb can "quicken" again, ergo Zombie Khal Drogo is coming back in the next book to seriously roll some bitches.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Ross posted:

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. This means her womb can "quicken" again, ergo Zombie Khal Drogo is coming back in the next book to seriously roll some bitches.

People noticed it, it's just that it's interspersed with "oh she's actually got the bloody flux" which it seems totally obvious that it is not the bloody flux.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Azure_Horizon posted:

People noticed it, it's just that it's interspersed with "oh she's actually got the bloody flux" which it seems totally obvious that it is not the bloody flux.

Her freaking out about not being able to remember her last period was a pretty big indication of it being a miscarriage too.

Ross posted:

"Quicken" means the baby actually develops enough to start moving around though, there's still no sign that she's able to carry a fetus that long. Hold onto those hopes for the last book :)

YES bread fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 7, 2011

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I may have slightly exaggerated the hotness of Dragon*Con's Dany cosplayer:

She looks cute, though, and I really liked the details put into her costume. Can you buy that jewelry online somewhere or something?

GLITTER DRAGONS.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fog Tripper posted:

Seriously.. people talk about that goddamn thing so much at first, and then its like "welp, guess we will never mention the giant foreboding comet trail kicking around up there ever again."

my cat is norris posted:

I may have slightly exaggerated the hotness of Dragon*Con's Dany cosplayer: Can you buy that jewelry online somewhere or something?

GLITTER DRAGONS.

No Dragon cosplay is complete without the right equipment UNDER the costume for that backroom yiffing!!

http://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2485

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Ross posted:

I noticed it, and thought in some subtle yet kinda ewwww way it bound her to Drogon (Blood for Fire. Fire for Blood) without the use of Dragonbinder.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jesus Christ I hate the internet so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Thanks kcroy for finding the chosen dildo of the Night's Watch.

I just hope no Daariobabes were aborted because Dany had to go and eat deadly nightshade