Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

freehotel posted:

Party Rock Anthem-Kia Soul Hamster Commercial [HD]: Party Rock Anthem-LMFAO

If I ever see a friend or family member drive a loving Kia Soul...well, I probably won't do anything cause I drive a Sunfire, but still. Painfully awful commercial.

I like this one a ton more than the other one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor X
Feb 23, 2006
I wish you luck with a capital F.
There's a commercial for Boursin cheese on now that irritates the poo poo out of me--the woman is a complete snotty bitch to her boyfriend/husband. Apparently he was too stupid to resist a beautiful woman at the grocery store trying to sell him cheese so he brought some home. She remarks "You did good......THIS TIME." Why are these people even together?

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

freehotel posted:

Party Rock Anthem-Kia Soul Hamster Commercial [HD]: Party Rock Anthem-LMFAO

If I ever see a friend or family member drive a loving Kia Soul...well, I probably won't do anything cause I drive a Sunfire, but still. Painfully awful commercial.

I like the Soul, if only because it looks like Geordi LaForge was bitten by the were-Transformer.

So, this Cheerios commercial. I guess I don't hate it as much as I hate its overuse, but my brain kind of seizes up every time because it can't tell if it's seeing a three year old or an obnoxious midget hipster.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Professor X posted:

There's a commercial for Boursin cheese on now that irritates the poo poo out of me--the woman is a complete snotty bitch to her boyfriend/husband. Apparently he was too stupid to resist a beautiful woman at the grocery store trying to sell him cheese so he brought some home. She remarks "You did good......THIS TIME." Why are these people even together?

Dude get with the times. Ever since the gays ruined marriage, all straight couples everywhere hate each other all the time since they realize they could be in a much more compatible relationship.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
There's an insurance commercial that plays on my channel guide.

It features a man cringing in fear at all the things that can go wrong - fire, burglary, etc. Thankfully he's covered by his insurance company. The scene lightens and the camera pans back to reveal him wearing a superhero logo while his wife and child fawn over him, eternally grateful for his vigilance.

The same commercial also stars a woman. She too is huddled and nervous over the potential disasters awaiting her at every turn. Fortunately, she too has the same insurance company.

The camera pans back, the scene lightens. She too is wearing the superhero (insurance logo) to be appreciatively fawned over by her... cat and fish.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Atasi posted:

Dude get with the times. Ever since the gays ruined marriage, all straight couples everywhere hate each other all the time since they realize they could be in a much more compatible relationship.

The best example might be the five hour energy one.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

DrBouvenstein posted:

The best example might be the five hour energy one.

Come on, nothing says "healthy relationship" quite like your wife getting royally pissed and giving you the silent treatment when you actually make an effort to spend quality time with her. :v:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Professor X posted:

I saw the commercial you're talking about and you're getting a bit :goonsay: here, it's pretty obvious that the tone they have isn't serious.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Professor X posted:

Actually, I like that commercial and I'll tell you why. She's not being a snotty bitch, she's having witty reparte with him. He gives it back to her just as much as she gives it. He says sarcastic "Awesome!" about her friends coming over and offers up the sarcastic reply of how he's powerless against a "Some cute woman selling cheese". I think it's a really good representation of a couple that is obviously comfortable with each other to the point where they can poke fun. She doesn't treat him like a dolt, she treats him like an equal.

Here's the commercial in question. It's VERY obvious it's not petty.

http://vimeo.com/28359063

Bodnoirbabe fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 7, 2011

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

SpacePig posted:

Seriously the worst part of watching hockey games.

BEER AND WINE AND CUPCAKES

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Bodnoirbabe posted:

Actually, I like that commercial and I'll tell you why. She's not being a snotty bitch, she's having witty reparte with him. He gives it back to her just as much as she gives it. He says sarcastic "Awesome!" about her friends coming over and offers up the sarcastic reply of how he's powerless against a "Some cute woman selling cheese". I think it's a really good representation of a couple that is obviously comfortable with each other to the point where they can poke fun. She doesn't treat him like a dolt, she treats him like an equal.

Here's the commercial in question. It's VERY obvious it's not petty.

http://vimeo.com/28359063

This one isn't that bad but there's a lot of annoying ones with this theme. I was always really annoyed by this Cheerios one. The husband is reading the box and says that it's low in fat or something, and the wife starts this whole "are you calling me fat" argument. It really gives the impression of a dysfunctional couple that are just looking for a chance to fight.

edit:
This one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrETrU4USsA&feature=related

Seriously it's a reasonable question. No one likes the taste.

Dr_Amazing fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Sep 7, 2011

Brazilian Werewolf
Dec 6, 2006
--dies at the end.

Notgothic posted:

So, this Cheerios commercial. I guess I don't hate it as much as I hate its overuse, but my brain kind of seizes up every time because it can't tell if it's seeing a three year old or an obnoxious midget hipster.

Ughhh this commercial drives me nuts. I don't even know why it's so bad, but my brain seizes up too and I seriously can't concentrate on anything over the loud whining.

I should never have kids. :(

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

BEER AND WINE AND CUPCAKES

Oh goddamn you. INK INK INKINKINK

I feel a little better knowing there is basically zero chance she stayed in business through this recession.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of a bitter wife, the new AT&T ad with the husband coming home to his wife and talking about signing them up for a two year plan. She pretty much says he stupid and wished she listened to her mom's advice to marry someone else instead.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Rirse posted:

Speaking of a bitter wife, the new AT&T ad with the husband coming home to his wife and talking about signing them up for a two year plan. She pretty much says he stupid and wished she listened to her mom's advice to marry someone else instead.

That one is really bad. There's no cute back and forth with that one either, she's just a gigantic bitch to him.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

This one isn't that bad but there's a lot of annoying ones with this theme. I was always really annoyed by this Cheerios one. The husband is reading the box and says that it's low in fat or something, and the wife starts this whole "are you calling me fat" argument. It really gives the impression of a dysfunctional couple that are just looking for a chance to fight.

edit:
This one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrETrU4USsA&feature=related

Seriously it's a reasonable question. No one likes the taste.

I know what you're talking about and they're not the same style commercial. The Cheerios lady is a cunty bitch and the husband a whipped pussy. The cheese commercial is funny and they both make fun of each other.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Theres some new Fiat commercial where it says it's new car defines a generation. gently caress you, my generation is not defined by your lovely car.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bodnoirbabe posted:

I know what you're talking about and they're not the same style commercial. The Cheerios lady is a cunty bitch and the husband a whipped pussy. The cheese commercial is funny and they both make fun of each other.

I think that's the dubbed one too. Pretty poorly at that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The AARP ad that been playing for the longest time just annoys me. Nothing really wrong with it, but when you see it every day, with it airing at least two or three times a day, you get sick of seeing it. I think all the people in the ad have died from old age at this point.

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

I'm having trouble finding a video online of it, but the Beck's commercial bragging about using green bottles when every other German beer was bottled in brown is hilarious because green glass lets in much more UV which degrades ('skunks') the beer inside and was developed purely for marketing. So Beck's is advertising that they purposely made their beer worse back in the day to sell more of it.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Brazilian Werewolf posted:

Ughhh this commercial drives me nuts. I don't even know why it's so bad, but my brain seizes up too and I seriously can't concentrate on anything over the loud whining.

I should never have kids. :(

I think the thing that weirds me out about that commercial is how the little girl is basically a little clone of her mom. I know they were going for a family resemblance thing, but they have almost exactly the same haircut and style of clothing. Like the girl's been groomed to be some kind of "Mini-me."

On another note, am I the only one who wants to gouge out her eardrums everytime one of those Weight Watchers commercials with Jennifer Hudson airs? For some reason they've been playing constantly and even though there's several different versions, they all just boil down to Jennifer warbling out the same irritating song. I don't know why but it just grates on my nerves so much.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 days!

NaturalLow posted:

On another note, am I the only one who wants to gouge out her eardrums everytime one of those Weight Watchers commercials with Jennifer Hudson airs? For some reason they've been playing constantly and even though there's several different versions, they all just boil down to Jennifer warbling out the same irritating song. I don't know why but it just grates on my nerves so much.

I had a bit of a :wtf: moment a while back when PBS played an ad for the new "Upstairs, Downstairs" series, and the song used in the ad was the same one that Jennifer Hudson's been singing (except a British guy was singing it instead).

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I usually have Teletoon on in the evenings to watch Futurama and American Dad, and this Zoosk commercials plays at least once during every show. So I've had the privilege of seeing it about 5 times ever night for well over a year now, and it doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I61n_kkRRHA

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Vakal posted:

I usually have Teletoon on in the evenings to watch Futurama and American Dad, and this Zoosk commercials plays at least once during every show. So I've had the privilege of seeing it about 5 times ever night for well over a year now, and it doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon.

I've never seen it and laughed pretty good, but I can see how that could get annoying after awhile.

Sudden Guts Pill
Aug 7, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj4YdFw9piE

This Boar's Head commercial has only been mildly annoying in and of itself, but something about one of the actors creeps the gently caress out of me. His eyes are sunken and beady and he looks like a drat wax mannequin. And the combination of paleness and his hair color reminds me of Dave Chappelle in whiteface.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

DJExile posted:

Oh goddamn you. INK INK INKINKINK

I feel a little better knowing there is basically zero chance she stayed in business through this recession.

I have bad news for you, my wife pointed out to me that she was on the cover of the latest Entrepreneur Magazine.

Bodnoirbabe posted:

I've never seen it and laughed pretty good, but I can see how that could get annoying after awhile.

I'm still trying to figure out if her friends can see her retarded bumbling daydream, it looks like they're having some kind of bizarre shared hallucination.

Rirse posted:

The AARP ad that been playing for the longest time just annoys me. Nothing really wrong with it, but when you see it every day, with it airing at least two or three times a day, you get sick of seeing it. I think all the people in the ad have died from old age at this point.

I'M C'HALLING!!!

raditts fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 8, 2011

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

raditts posted:

I have bad news for you, my wife pointed out to me that she was on the cover of the latest Entrepreneur Magazine.

No poo poo? Honestly that's pretty impressive. I didn't think a lot of people wanted to buy $7 cupcakes in this economy but there you go.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Vakal posted:

This one was in the related videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zuawofo3d4&feature=relmfu

So this poor guy almost dies in her apartment and she sits there mocking him to her friends about how bad it was for her.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Dr_Amazing posted:

This one was in the related videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zuawofo3d4&feature=relmfu

So this poor guy almost dies in her apartment and she sits there mocking him to her friends about how bad it was for her.

Yeah, I remember getting annoyed by that one. The only way I can see that counting as a bad date is if he insisted on taking her out instead of going to the hospital. And if it's the bad match-up that's the problem, then isn't it mostly her mother's fault, and not the guy's?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The Zoosk commercial where the girl goes out to a bar with the guy and plays darts still cracks me up though.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Last night while falling in and out of sleep on the couch, I dreamed that Shannon Doherty was advertising for Education Connection and actually stating she was going to get a degree online.

Oh wait, that wasn't a dream at all!

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

vyst posted:

The Zoosk commercial where the girl goes out to a bar with the guy and plays darts still cracks me up though.

MOUNTAINTOP!

I still don't know why he screams that, but it gets me every time. That and his KA-KA-KOW! stretch right before while he gets "stupid loose".

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

SamBishop posted:

MOUNTAINTOP!

I still don't know why he screams that, but it gets me every time. That and his KA-KA-KOW! stretch right before while he gets "stupid loose".

I lose it when the dude gets hit with the dart and slams his head on the table. Every time.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

vyst posted:

I lose it when the dude gets hit with the dart and slams his head on the table. Every time.

He has a hilarious look on his face too

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The guy throwing the dart is in a bunch of commercials lately. I've seen him in a Bud Light one, and this one where he's a dad or something.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

vyst posted:

The guy throwing the dart is in a bunch of commercials lately. I've seen him in a Bud Light one, and this one where he's a dad or something.

Yeah he's like the white version of that Asian guy that pops up everywhere.

E: This guy

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DJExile posted:

Yeah he's like the white version of that Asian guy that pops up everywhere.

E: This guy

I feel weird that I knew exactly what guy you were talking about before watching the clip heh

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
Apparently Colbert Report has turned into a really really long commercial for iPads.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Did I really just see a movie commercial for Rock'em Sock'em Robots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Mozi posted:

Did I really just see a movie commercial for Rock'em Sock'em Robots?

Yes. Yes you did. And it will be amazing.