Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Grayham posted:

Anyone desperate for Sick Beard updates should check out the repo on GitHub. There are over 250 forks, and a few of them that have had quite a few commits lately.

https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/network

I personally haven't tried any yet. I'm not sure if they'd be compatible with the built-in updater or if you'd just need to manually git pull.

I wish I could incorporate some of the pull requests I see. I cant seem to figure out how to just pick a few I want and add them to SB. Id love to have the email notifications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Grayham posted:

He made a comment on one of the pull requests a few days ago so I guess he's not dead.
I don't have full visibility into what's going on behind the scenes, but from what I've been told the slowdown with SickBeard recently was due to Midgetspy going on vacation, and then some work around figuring out how they might be doing some project reorganization once he came back, so other people would have push rights on the "main" repo.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
So, CouchPotato.

I'd like to use it to manage my existing collection. So I can't figure out how to setup the "renaming" section. If I input the source directory with a trailing slash, it keeps trying to move the directory into itself, if I put it in without a trailing slash, it thinks the directory itself is the file it's trying to process.

Is there a guide somewhere on how to set this up?

E: It looks like the file needs to be in a folder, and that's how it's going to read it? I can't just dump the files themselves into my "Download" directory?

FISHMANPET fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 4, 2011

fahrvergnugen
Nov 27, 2003

Intergalactic proton-powered electrical tentacled REFRIGERATOR OF DOOM.

Laserface posted:

For Snow Leopard there was a plist file floating around that worked well enough. after I upgraded to Lion Sickbeard and the plist file broke so that no longer works.

I just added this to my startup items list and will use that for now. The Developer admits its kinda bloated for what it is but hes still working on it.

better than opening terminal and typing the same poo poo in every reboot though.

Heh, I wrote that plist. It still works on my Lion-upgraded box. Wonder what's different on yours?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

FISHMANPET posted:

So, CouchPotato.

I'd like to use it to manage my existing collection. So I can't figure out how to setup the "renaming" section. If I input the source directory with a trailing slash, it keeps trying to move the directory into itself, if I put it in without a trailing slash, it thinks the directory itself is the file it's trying to process.

E: It looks like the file needs to be in a folder, and that's how it's going to read it? I can't just dump the files themselves into my "Download" directory?

When I set it up, I pointed SAB to a dir outside my movie dir. Then I configured CP to move files from there to the main location, and it scanned through and found all my movies.

It's worth nothing that this doesn't really get you anywhere, though. Unlike Sickbeard, there's no built in ability to upgrade your files. You can't even change metadata. There's a new thing on the XBMC boards that does, although I haven't tried it. It's called Automatic movie downloader, I think.

Edit: AutoMovies is what I was thinking of.

EC fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 4, 2011

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

FISHMANPET posted:

That is correct. CouchPotato requires individual folders for each movie.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

FISHMANPET posted:

So, CouchPotato.

CP is really kind of clunky this way. I use it like this:

\\WHS\Videos\Movies
\\WHS\Videos\Movies\CouchPotato

Movies get downloaded to the Movies folder, since CP usually fucks up when I set it to download to the CP folder. I use SAB to rename movies, and if something doesn't get renamed I drag it to teh CP folder, which then renames and adds metadata.

I prefer to use XBMC to get my metadata though, since I can choose poster and fanarts that I want, not what CP wants. Every once in a while I will export everything from XBMC so I have the metadata that I want if anything happens to XBMC.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
How are you using XBMC to pick fanart and posters? When I run an update it just picks something, and I've never figured out how to download new images within XBMC.

godzirraRAWR
Sep 11, 2003

godzirra will trample your scrotum

EC posted:

How are you using XBMC to pick fanart and posters? When I run an update it just picks something, and I've never figured out how to download new images within XBMC.

I had this same problem, and got fed up, and now I use Ember Music Manager to scrape all of that stuff.

WAY more flexible.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

EC posted:

Info -> Change thumb, change fanart.

Ember is OK but it was really flaky when I used it and I just use XBMC now, no reason at all to use anything else.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
When I do that, all I get is a prompt for finding more local images. Is there some sort of add-on that lets you browse remote images?

Sorry for seeming so dumb, but I've always wanted this feature since I moved from Meedio to XBMC.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

EC posted:

When I do that, all I get is a prompt for finding more local images. Is there some sort of add-on that lets you browse remote images?

Sorry for seeming so dumb, but I've always wanted this feature since I moved from Meedio to XBMC.

You need to refresh then. I have had this issue when I was using Sickbeard/EMber to create metadata for me, so thats why I let XBMC handle everything now.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Does nzbs.org ever open registrations?

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!

Twiin posted:

Does nzbs.org ever open registrations?

Every once in a while. Use nzb.su while you're waiting, it's basically the same thing (and by basically I mean the exact same thing)

edit: or be a boss and register for nzbmatrix

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

ambushsabre posted:

Every once in a while. Use nzb.su while you're waiting, it's basically the same thing (and by basically I mean the exact same thing)

edit: or be a boss and register for nzbmatrix

I'm on nzb.su and nzbmatrix. But everyone talks about how great nzbs.org is.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
Ok so I set up sickbeard for the first time this weekend and added three shows for testing purposes. All three aired last night. I open sickbeard this morning and it shows in the coming episodes tab that I missed them and the NZBs have not been added to sab. Any idea where I need to start looking in order to troubleshoot?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Probably your provider configuration. Check the logs.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

okay, so I've got all of this set up using supernews as my provider, NZB.SU as my indexer, and sabnzbd/sickbeard as my reader. If I'm unable to find all of the content requested by my reader, how would I be able to fix that? Do I need to add another USENET provider or NZB indexer?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
If you're having issues finding something then you probably need another NZB indexer. If you're having problems downloading or extracting then it's probably related to your Usenet provider, a DMCA claim or the age of the articles (files).

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

The Gunslinger posted:

If you're having issues finding something then you probably need another NZB indexer. If you're having problems downloading or extracting then it's probably related to your Usenet provider, a DMCA claim or the age of the articles (files).

yeah, more often than not sabnzbd says the NZB file is unusable or empty. I'm not sure if that qualifies as having issues finding something, or having problems downloading :v:

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Does Sickbeard have nzb.su as a Search Provider now? I know I'm running an older version, but I didn't think that had been added yet.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010

canyonero posted:

Does Sickbeard have nzb.su as a Search Provider now? I know I'm running an older version, but I didn't think that had been added yet.

It's been available for ages, you add it as a custom newsnab account.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

MeKeV posted:

It's been available for ages, you add it as a custom newsnab account.

yeah, it took a little googling to figure that out. I guess you do the same thing with couch potato, but I haven't really been able to get that running the way I want to, and judging from this thread I'm not alone in that.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

How are people running older builds on SB so often? It has an autoupdater.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

kri kri posted:

How are people running older builds on SB so often? It has an autoupdater.

It doesn't seem to work on Windows. When my server was on Linux I was seeing the "update available" notice every few days at least, sometimes multiple times a day. Since switching to Windows Home Server I've never seen it.

I'm currently on build 487 released 2011/05/10. According to the SB site build 488 was released 2011/06/14 but at the moment I have no indication of an update in the actual program. I've relaunched Sickbeard and even rebooted the machine a few times since the update was apparently released, but until looking today I had no idea there was anything newer.

It also seems that Windows builds are not updated regularly, so while *nix users are likely closer to the current nightlies a large number of users are still on outdated versions with no idea there's anything newer around.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

uh zip zoom posted:

okay, so I've got all of this set up using supernews as my provider, NZB.SU as my indexer, and sabnzbd/sickbeard as my reader. If I'm unable to find all of the content requested by my reader, how would I be able to fix that? Do I need to add another USENET provider or NZB indexer?

You originally said that all three episodes showed up as Missed, which means Sickbeard couldn't find them on any of your configured providers. It could be a couple of things:

- Your provider settings are incorrect. Try having Sickbeard search for a show you know is on one of your providers.
- Your quality settings are configured in such a way that Sickbeard can't find anything. If you've configured SB to only look for BluRay rips of currently airing episodes, you're not gonna find it.
- Your providers suck. If you're using NZB.su or NZBMatrix, this probably isn't the case.
- The shows suck. Do a manual search of your providers and see if the episodes you're looking for are actually available yet. There are some shows that the internet decides isn't worth the time to rip and then upload.

About Sickbeard updates: the windows builds do seem to get updated less than the others. It's pretty easy to configure git and pull it that way, but there hasn't been any updates to the main branch since the dev went on vacation. He's back, so there should be some updates coming down the pipeline.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

EC posted:

You originally said that all three episodes showed up as Missed, which means Sickbeard couldn't find them on any of your configured providers. It could be a couple of things:

- Your provider settings are incorrect. Try having Sickbeard search for a show you know is on one of your providers.
- Your quality settings are configured in such a way that Sickbeard can't find anything. If you've configured SB to only look for BluRay rips of currently airing episodes, you're not gonna find it.
- Your providers suck. If you're using NZB.su or NZBMatrix, this probably isn't the case.
- The shows suck. Do a manual search of your providers and see if the episodes you're looking for are actually available yet. There are some shows that the internet decides isn't worth the time to rip and then upload.

About Sickbeard updates: the windows builds do seem to get updated less than the others. It's pretty easy to configure git and pull it that way, but there hasn't been any updates to the main branch since the dev went on vacation. He's back, so there should be some updates coming down the pipeline.

I think it was just a matter of retention. Everything is configured right (been able to get some episodes of popular shows, but no episodes of other even more popular shows). I signed up for a block plan to use as a backup server, and then switched all of my snatch episodes to wanted and was able to get a whole bunch more. Maybe I'll sign up for NZBMatrix, to round out everything. The money I spend here pales in comparison to my monthly Comcast bill

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

uh zip zoom posted:

I think it was just a matter of retention. Everything is configured right (been able to get some episodes of popular shows, but no episodes of other even more popular shows). I signed up for a block plan to use as a backup server, and then switched all of my snatch episodes to wanted and was able to get a whole bunch more. Maybe I'll sign up for NZBMatrix, to round out everything. The money I spend here pales in comparison to my monthly Comcast bill

Again, NzbMatrix is very worth it, because no matter what there'll be comments and so you have some idea of what you actually might be downloading.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

Double posting for my question: is there an application like Sickbeard and Couchpotato except for music?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

ambushsabre posted:

Double posting for my question: is there an application like Sickbeard and Couchpotato except for music?

https://github.com/rembo10/headphones

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

EC posted:

I actually think it was dumb luck that the two shows I picked for testing didnt work. I did a manual search for one of the shows and it did not show up on NZB.SU or nzbmatrix. It appears the internet deems this show as trash. The other show I did find in a manual search. However, I went and did a manual lookup of metadata on thetvdb and found the show has been locked at the season level for some reason or another so I believe it simply did not get found due to lack of good meta data. I searched for a different show tonight and added a couple episodes from backlog and the NZBs were delivered to SAB instantly.

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Does NZBMatrix remove listings by request? For example, there's surprisingly few results for Microsoft.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
NZBMatrix doesn't list Windows or Office products, it's in the site rules.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

ambushsabre posted:

Again, NzbMatrix is very worth it, because no matter what there'll be comments and so you have some idea of what you actually might be downloading.

I like NzbMatrix just fine, but I bet half of what I search for there doesn't have comments.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

My sickbeard has become unuseably slow...which makes no sense because it's running on my machine. I know it's on and running because it shows up in the taskmanager, so when I try to open localhost:8081, it just sits there loading for pretty much ever. If I close the process, it stops loading and tells me sorry! with the sickbeard logo. What the gently caress? Sab is working fine. I'm running SickBeard at startup if that helps.

Posts Only Secrets
Jan 22, 2005
Breaking the NDA...

ambushsabre posted:

My sickbeard has become unuseably slow...

Grab these files out of your existing SB install:

sickbeard.db
config.ini
(And your autoprocess script if you modified it)

And redownload SB to a new location, then copy paste said files into the new install. Once you fire up SB from the new loaction you should have everything just as it was.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Mine is going super slow too, even after updating. I think it might have something to do with TheTVDB being down.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

Ok so I finally set up CouchPotato, and there's this weird short film called Killer Sandwhich 2 Leftovers Reloaded that got moved into my new movies folder. Sab has no record of downloading it and neither does CouchPotato, so is this a virus or something?

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
For sickbeard, see if you've got a very large text file in the root SB directory. It just keeps writing logs and errors to that file, and it can get very big depending on your particular setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Trout
Nov 16, 2004

The evilest trout of them all

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Mine is going super slow too, even after updating. I think it might have something to do with TheTVDB being down.

Yup, it definitely doesn't like that site being down. Same problem here. Hopefully TVDB will come back up soon! Does anyone know if it's a temporary problem or a long term one?