Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

Animale posted:

Is this yours and can I have him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

Phanatic posted:

So my friend Seth's girlfriend gets out of bed in their apartment one night to use the bathroom, and notices a guy standing in the hall. Long story short, Seth's on the downswing with a butcher knife as the guy dives out the window and r-u-n-n-o-f-ts.

So Seth goes and adopts a pit bull. This he what he ends up with:

She will jump up on intruders and slobber them to death, unless they have the wits to distract her by tossing a ball.

I hope he knows that Pit Bulls suck as guard dogs and shouldn't be expected to act as such. Cute dog though.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

JerkyBunion posted:

Is this yours and can I have him?

Sadly not mine but there are more pictures of Dude here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/suki1003/collections/72157618832106683/

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
The world's most patient dog:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
And I defy anyone to watch this video without smiling. Go on, try. I'll wait!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWPWrR-94NY

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

webmeister posted:

The world's most patient dog:

I hope that dog got to eat all those treats after being such a good boy.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.
Well I've seen some other folks do it, so I'll post pictures of my dog! Following is a selection from the millions of pictures I have of Abe

Here's Abe as a puppy. Notice the bed, we'll come back to it later.

Poor Abe needs a haircut

Fast forward a year, spring haircut

Damnit it's winter again :smith:

Oh Abe, why won't you use the new bed I bought you?

A dog and his Christmas present.

Oh man, too much bone....

So tired, time to crash.

Defending his toys.

My view when I wake up on Winter mornings.

Ok I'll stop now. Sorry for the flood of my dog, but Schnauzers rule and I'm obsessed with him.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

webmeister posted:

And I defy anyone to watch this video without smiling. Go on, try. I'll wait!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWPWrR-94NY

Thank you for this, I needed something to smile about. I just found out one of my dogs has lymphoma on Friday afternoon, worst time to get news since I've been agonizing over it over the weekend. I'm hoping since she loves to be rubbed under the jaw that I caught it early enough.

This is Elly, I got her about 2 weeks before my mother passed away unexpectedly. To this day she loves my stinky clothes and sleeping under the bed.

I got her from the no kill shelter. I took her out and sat down, she sat down between my legs and then walked off to smell around. She kept coming back every few seconds to make sure I was still there. Knew right there she was my dog.

She's my baby, and I let her get away with lots of things.

And sometimes she thinks she's not a dog.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

calandryll posted:

Thank you for this, I needed something to smile about. I just found out one of my dogs has lymphoma on Friday afternoon, worst time to get news since I've been agonizing over it over the weekend. I'm hoping since she loves to be rubbed under the jaw that I caught it early enough.

This is Elly, I got her about 2 weeks before my mother passed away unexpectedly. To this day she loves my stinky clothes and sleeping under the bed.

I got her from the no kill shelter. I took her out and sat down, she sat down between my legs and then walked off to smell around. She kept coming back every few seconds to make sure I was still there. Knew right there she was my dog.

She's my baby, and I let her get away with lots of things.

She's so pretty! I want your dog!

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

calandryll posted:

She's so adorable! Wanna hug that dog :3: Good luck with everything, hon.

My Boxer mix when she was a puppy. Adorable? Yes. Almighty shoe-chewer? Yes.

My pibble mutt lookin' happy.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Every dog in this thread is SO AWESOME but what is this please! Is this a Cairn Terrier? I love it!

Pedricko posted:

Happy.

Not so happy.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

She's so pretty! I want your dog!

Azrael Alexander posted:

She's so adorable! Wanna hug that dog :3: Good luck with everything, hon.

Thank you both, unfortunately, I took her in to get a chest x-ray. It looks like there are some growth in her lungs, going to get another one next week to see if there is more growth. I have decided that her last bit with me is going to be awesome. Treats and awesome food, well more so than before, till she begins to suffer. I'm trying to think of a doggie bucket list for her too.

Here she is with her "sister". The people at the vet always remark on how well behaved my dogs are.

They both also let me do whatever I want, well with in reason.

This is when I first got my second dog, she was quite skinner then. Both of them are rescue dogs, both from the same shelter. I really lucked out that they get along so well.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

There really isn't anything cuter than a Dachshund puppy, except possibly a Dachshund puppy drinking beer

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
DOG THREAAAD :dance:

The best bath.

homp.jpg

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Uncle Salty posted:

Every dog in this thread is SO AWESOME but what is this please! Is this a Cairn Terrier? I love it!

It's my Girlfriends Cockerpoo. He's all fluffy and stuff.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

dinozombiesgoRARR has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Sep 25, 2011

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
I love this picture. :3

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

This is Waldo:

He's a Rottweiler/coonhound mix I adopted from a shelter three years ago. I recently had to give him up when I moved to Denmark to take a job (because I knew I wouldn't have enough time to keep him happy and the adjustment would be hard for him), but he's found a good family that takes great care of him and sends pictures to me. And I'll always have lots of great memories with him.

He's a great guard dog:

(Yes, he's sitting on the end table. I stopped fighting it after a while because it became His Spot while I was at work.)

And he loves to swim!

(Yes, he smiles. I wish I'd gotten a good picture of his happy-grin, but this is the best one I have.)

/edit: I also never realized just how :smug: his smile looks there!

And, of course, he loves to sleep.

RocketMermaid has a new favorite as of 15:19 on Sep 27, 2011

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Engineer C. Thomas with his dog balanced on one foot on P.S. Pyap, 1907

noggut
Jan 15, 2008
Bitch, I'm fabulous.
________ /

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

This is Bugsy, he's getting on in the years now but is still young at heart.

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

WebDog posted:

Engineer C. Thomas with his dog balanced on one foot on P.S. Pyap, 1907
What kind of dog is that?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Embiggen posted:

What kind of dog is that?
Since dog breeds have change quite a bit in the last century, I'd have to guess it's a Pomeranian.

Also, protest dog. :3:

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Embiggen posted:

Is that the protest dog?

Shoot The Bear
Apr 20, 2008

stubblyhead posted:

Is that the protest dog?

RIOT DOG!

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

stubblyhead posted:

Is that the protest dog?

Yes, his name is Kanellos

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

An observer posted:

I heard it was misreported as Kanellos, and was actually Loukanikos (the Greek word for sauages :3:)

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Category Fun! posted:

I heard it was misreported as Kanellos, and was actually Loukanikos (the Greek word for sauages :3:)

Actually, that one looks like its just Louk. There have been 3 iterations of Riot Dog. There has been Kanellos (the first) Louk (the one that got famous inbetween 2008 and 2010) and then the one that has been attending riots recently, Loukanikos.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

An observer posted:

It's pictures like this that make me miss gooddog.jpg.

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

I didn't realise protest dog was even a thing, I just thought it was a great pic and balanced out army dog. There's a good gallery of him/them here.

Unrelated:

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
I think that picture I posted was actually Kanellos though. His name means cinnamon in Greek :3:

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Embiggen posted:

I didn't realise protest dog was even a thing, I just thought it was a great pic and balanced out army dog. There's a good gallery of him/them here.

Unrelated:

I love the protest dog pictures. And that puppy looks almost like mine! :3: I love the way shiba inus look.

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

My dad trains dalmatians for agility and he has some beautifully bred, stunning dalmatians that even the most dalmatian hating person would melt after meeting them. Behold.

Indie, their liver lover boy. (liver means brown spots)

Pretty Porter, the dog they got after I went to college as a replacement.

Porter and Indie, you can see the difference in their spot colors really well in this.

And as a bonus, me teaching Porter how to coach. Dalmatians were bred to run alongside either coaches or riders and it comes to them as naturally as a lab swimming.

Can't believe I almost didn't add this. Someone contacted my Dad because they needed a dalmatian for our state lottery and for a couple of months, Porter's face was on these trucks all over the state, and on tables at rest stops. It may have been the proudest moment of my family's life, unfortunately.

Effexxor has a new favorite as of 04:18 on Oct 3, 2011

Lamb of Gun
Apr 2, 2009

On the goodship lolli-gag, LSD and a bloody pile of rags, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, BUT I AM
We just got a dog! Now I can participate ITT. Yay!!

Here name is Bones. She's a purebred Miniature Pinscher.

bones (1 of 1) by Jaskography, on Flickr

Terboh
Mar 30, 2005
This is Gypsy! Our 11 Month old...uh...Shepherd/Collie of some sort? We're her 3rd set of owners, so we honestly don't know the bloodlines, but you can definitely see collie, and her back legs/colors resemble a German Shepherd, so that's our best guess!

Also, we're fairly certain she's part Bat. She sleeps during the day mostly, and usually upside down.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
This is my 17-year-old Jack, being master of all she surveys. (Or judging my incredibly dirty windows. Possibly both.)

wait a minute honey
May 12, 2006
Barkley, my dog :)

He's also on the small pictures above the forums.. I'll try and grab a pic of him :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

<-- I think this is some goon's dog

• Locked thread