Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Hey guys, was hoping you could check out this remix of Foster the People's Helena Beat that my friend did. This is his first remix that he has produced and I think he did a great job for his first time. Think you will enjoy it and would love some feedback that I can relay to him.

http://soundcloud.com/andrewpaulcheck/foster-the-people-helena-beat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LARRY JEW
Jan 7, 2010

Mopey Dick
Anybody else going on Holy Ship?

http://www.holyship.com/

I've never been so excited about something.

Battle Cattle
Aug 13, 2003

MOO.

Mike Tysons CARFAX posted:

Anybody else going on Holy Ship?

http://www.holyship.com/

I've never been so excited about something.
I am not making assumptions here but, you know there will be a massive police presence at the port right? Don't try to bring drugs, or you might end up like Big Boi! Also wow, that lineup got way better since it was announced - Dillon Francis, Buraka Som Sistema, Egyptrixx?!

Also, I am not ashamed to say I am going to this, mostly because I've never seen Chuckie or Congorock:

Battle Cattle fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 16, 2011

LARRY JEW
Jan 7, 2010

Mopey Dick

Battle Cattle posted:

I am not making assumptions here but, you know there will be a massive police presence at the port right? Don't try to bring drugs, or you might end up like Big Boi! Also wow, that lineup got way better since it was announced - Dillon Francis, Buraka Som Sistema, Egyptrixx?!

Also, I am not ashamed to say I am going to this, mostly because I've never seen Chuckie or Congorock:

Yeah I'm not worried about the police presence just because I definitely don't have the cajones to sneak stuff onto the ship. I'll stick to alcohol for the sake of my safety for this one. I'm interested to see what the prices are for stuff is on the cruise, because it's going to be highway robbery on the boat. And I would love to go to dancegiving. I saw Chuckie at lolla this summer...I would kiiiiill to see him again.

Navik
May 13, 2005

Her sweet, sweet, sw-sw-sweet can

The Biscuit posted:

Ladytron's Gravity the Seducer was released today. I'm not a fan of their experimental tracks, I prefer the soothing synths and lyrics of Ace of Hz, White Elephant, and Melting Ice. I reckon I might need to play this album a few more times to try and get used to it though.

Listening through this a second time it really hit me how much I love this album. 90 Degrees might be the best thing they've ever done. Sounds especially great through a good pair of headphones though I'm not sure how they'll be able to pull off some of these tracks live. Guess I'll find out in October, but either way, this just firmly cements their place as my favorite band. Would've loved another track with Danny on vocals like on Versus, though.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Navik posted:

Listening through this a second time it really hit me how much I love this album. 90 Degrees might be the best thing they've ever done. Sounds especially great through a good pair of headphones though I'm not sure how they'll be able to pull off some of these tracks live. Guess I'll find out in October, but either way, this just firmly cements their place as my favorite band. Would've loved another track with Danny on vocals like on Versus, though.

How are they live? Assuming you've seen them before, of course. I really liked Gravity too.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Honestly, dancegiving will be pretty good times, lineup aside. Just bought my ticket and downtown fort lauderdale is always a blurry night for me that somehow always ends at Scarletts :hfive:

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

Flashing Twelve posted:

Minimal listeners: Gui Boratto's just released his third album, appropriately enough called 'III'. It's pretty great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduUBupIxH8

incoherent posted:

Follow up: Bird peterson split up Drankenstein 2 into singles. :toot:

two awesome unrelated posts, joined for a fleeting moment in time...

Navik
May 13, 2005

Her sweet, sweet, sw-sw-sweet can

Admiral Goodenough posted:

How are they live? Assuming you've seen them before, of course. I really liked Gravity too.

I've seen them twice in Toronto and they were fantastic both times. I've seen footage online of their earlier shows and I was unimpressed, but they've really gotten their live act down quite well. They put out a live album a bit back, Live at the London Astoria, if you haven't heard it before, which is quite good and should give you an indication of what they sound like live. Plus, watching Mira jig around the stage while singing "Fighting in Built Up Areas" rules.

I do also recommend if at all possible hanging out by the bus post-gig if you can, my friends and I met them after the last show and they were absolutely super-sweet and friendly as hell. Met 3/4ths of the band (no Reuben) and Dino Gollnick of the Projects, who was their touring bassist at the time. Great bunch of people, Danny in particular was just absolutely wonderful.

Battle Cattle
Aug 13, 2003

MOO.

Dono posted:

Honestly, dancegiving will be pretty good times, lineup aside. Just bought my ticket and downtown fort lauderdale is always a blurry night for me that somehow always ends at Scarletts :hfive:
Hey if Weaponized Cum comes and we meet up does it count as a goon meet?

Because gently caress that

PM me bro

Battle Cattle fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 16, 2011

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Battle Cattle posted:

Hey if Weaponized Cum comes and we might up does it count as a goon meet?

:lol: have you heard any information about where they are adding these extra stages? Revolution isn't THAT big.

William Lee
May 16, 2003

I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

Battle Cattle posted:

I'll be going to this as well - true goon meet status now. It should definitely be more fun than the cancelled Identity festival.

William Lee
May 16, 2003

I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

Dono posted:

:lol: have you heard any information about where they are adding these extra stages? Revolution isn't THAT big.

They're using America's Backyard and the Green Room as well, both of which are right next to Revolution.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Everyone has probably already heard it by now, but that new/old Daft Punk single was released today.

http://soundcloud.com/soma/daft-punk-drive-unreleased

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

There is a very good reason why they asked for Da Funk over this: Whoever heard Da Funk knew thy had a massive hit with crossover appeal.

Rollin’ and Scratchin’ and Drive are same side the coin, Da Funk is the opposite.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Rollin and Scratchin is such an awesome song. Anyways, I am super depressed that I missed Deadmau5 last night in Houston, but I just didn't have the 100+ dollars to get a ticket and didn't have a friend to go with. Any suggestions for artists that have a great live show and will probably be coming to Houston soon?

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

incoherent posted:

There is a very good reason why they asked for Da Funk over this: Whoever heard Da Funk knew thy had a massive hit with crossover appeal.

Rollin’ and Scratchin’ and Drive are same side the coin, Da Funk is the opposite.

iirc they made da funk much later than drive - drive was around the time of musique. i'd say that it was probably made in 92-93 where musique was 94ish, judging by the sound

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Rollin and Scratchin is such an awesome song. Anyways, I am super depressed that I missed Deadmau5 last night in Houston, but I just didn't have the 100+ dollars to get a ticket and didn't have a friend to go with. Any suggestions for artists that have a great live show and will probably be coming to Houston soon?

$100 for some lights and some super dull music plus a bad vibe? how did i miss that

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

melee beats posted:

$100 for some lights and some super dull music plus a bad vibe? how did i miss that

drat did you really have to go with the generic thinly veiled "deadmau5 sucks" comment. Now that you said that, suggest to me some Super Good Vibe music that Totally Owns deadmau5.

edit: also what is wrong with lights? lights are good. crazy expensive scintillating light shows make for good shows. unless you're a boring rear end in a top hat, i guess

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Now that you said that, suggest to me some Super Good Vibe music that Totally Owns deadmau5.

Rotterdam Terror Corps

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

Ras Het posted:

Rotterdam Terror Corps

Neophyte

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Really though there are a lot of better live acts than Deadmau5. Bok Bok is in Houston tonight. Go see him with Kingdom (who is also fire).

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Haha why the gently caress would you ever pay $100 to go see a DJ?

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

Mike_V posted:

well first off he is NOT a dj......

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

dj bobby bieber posted:

iirc they made da funk much later than drive - drive was around the time of musique. i'd say that it was probably made in 92-93 where musique was 94ish, judging by the sound

It was made the same time apparently (or roughly). As the Soma release note says:

quote:

The tape had originally been sent with Rollin’ and Scratchin’ to be released as Soma25. But Soma asked these two bright-eyed and Techno-bound Frenchman, to finish and send Da Funk to accompany Rollin’ and Scratchin’ and DRIVE was shelved for a later date...

Musique came later if I remember right. Wasn't that tacked onto the Virgin re-release of Da Funk in 95/96?

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

It was made the same time apparently (or roughly). As the Soma release note says:

Musique came later if I remember right. Wasn't that tacked onto the Virgin re-release of Da Funk in 95/96?

oh word. i think my timing is way off.

http://www.discogs.com/Daft-Punk-Da-Funk-Musique/release/171632

i thought musique was released/licensed as a single before that but i cant back that up

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

Mike_V posted:

To hear songs that only that DJ would play and lightshows that only that DJ has. I've never paid more than $40 to see any artist, EDM, hip-hop, rock, or otherwise. But I don't think that deadmau5 cost that much in Austin or... I think it was San Antonio. Both of the shows were less than 40 dollars I believe.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

dj bobby bieber posted:

oh word. i think my timing is way off.

http://www.discogs.com/Daft-Punk-Da-Funk-Musique/release/171632

i thought musique was released/licensed as a single before that but i cant back that up

Not that I know of, actually looking at the release page they make a big effort to say first time on wax. I think Da Funk was only the second release they had before signing with Virgin. I've actually got the original Soma release of Da Funk with Rollin's & Scratchin' on the flip (no Musique at all), the nice Irn-Bru-esque colour scheme does it for me.

Shame though as Musique is a cracking little song. I wonder how it would've done as a single of it's own.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Battle Cattle posted:

Hey if Weaponized Cum comes and we meet up does it count as a goon meet?

PM me bro

I'm seriously considering going because that lineup is pretty sweet and it's supposed to get better.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Someone's put together an amazingly well-edited amateur video of the happiest EDM party in the world. The music choice is a bit dubious but it's worth checking out (and so is the festival, seriously, it's something else). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg3yAFN9FCw&feature=player_embedded

In other news I just got $5 tickets for Dillon Francis on saturday, but then discovered that Grahmzilla and Jubilee are playing a much better, smaller venue nearby (across the downtown of a small ontario university town). I'm thinking I should just get tickets for that too and split my time but I'm willing to sacrifice one or the other if there's strong opinions on the matter.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

The Walrus posted:

Someone's put together an amazingly well-edited amateur video of the happiest EDM party in the world. The music choice is a bit dubious but it's worth checking out (and so is the festival, seriously, it's something else). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg3yAFN9FCw&feature=player_embedded

In other news I just got $5 tickets for Dillon Francis on saturday, but then discovered that Grahmzilla and Jubilee are playing a much better, smaller venue nearby (across the downtown of a small ontario university town). I'm thinking I should just get tickets for that too and split my time but I'm willing to sacrifice one or the other if there's strong opinions on the matter.

See Dillon Francis

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

The Walrus posted:

Dubious for that kind of festival maybe; that's one of skrillex's most well-made tracks.

Also I'd be much more impressed if they synced the dancing clips to the music BPM :colbert:
Sick looking festival, though.

Current favorite listens:

Chilly Gonzales - You Can Dance (Robotaki Remix)
Really any remix of gonzales is amazing, that man has impeccable taste. The filtered bass leading up to the drop is perfect, I love the breakdown as well.

Mark Stevens - Prom Night
Bit Funk posted this on his facebook, it's such a funky smooth house piece.

Hey Champ - Cold Dust Girl (Gemini Club Remix)
Amazingly catchy remix of a similarly catchy synthpop tune.

Housse De Racket - Roman (Oliver Remix)
Insert same description as above.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

For some reason I thought I posted this like a week earlier, but I didn't. Huh.

http://www.beatport.com/release/supernatural/439825

PrototypeRaptor's new EP, I really like it.

Battle Cattle
Aug 13, 2003

MOO.
Fare Soldi are coming to America, they have "Miami" and a date listed but no venue - so I asked them on Facebook, and they responded with the venue. When I thanked them, they told me "Our pleasure! Can't wait to be there! Spread The word And bring a 10000 ppl yooooo"

I feel very special.

Dono posted:

Pretty new gigamesh remix Ive been jamming all day to. I feel like I stepped back in time with the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hpvqm6sHWc
http://soundcloud.com/gigamesh/gigamesh-when-youre-dancing-2

Brand new remix, super fun music right here

Battle Cattle fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 19, 2011

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Tribute to medi from 2 many DJs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmBgplDNfRs

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

Stuntastic posted:

See Dillon Francis

this.

Anyone been bumping Tim Green's latest release, Lemon? threw this in my set last night and poo poo got popping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnn_11g4ksc

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

Kerk posted:

this.

Anyone been bumping Tim Green's latest release, Lemon? threw this in my set last night and poo poo got popping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnn_11g4ksc

I've been playing this track out in my tech house sets sometimes. It's a cool track because it has a really good groove so it can be played a bit harder, but the piano and the upbeat feel also let me play it in more chilled out sets. People really like it and its a major release so its familiar :)

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Kerk posted:

bumping
poo poo got popping!

I feel a bit sick.

It's a good track though.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

cubicle gangster posted:

I feel a bit sick.

It's a good track though.

magda, make the tea.

every time I see your custom title I crack up :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Pacra posted:

Dubious for that kind of festival maybe; that's one of skrillex's most well-made tracks.

Also I'd be much more impressed if they synced the dancing clips to the music BPM :colbert:
Sick looking festival, though.

Hah, I actually like that song, as well as most of Skrillex's stuff, I just put that bit in to pre-empt the inevitable douche parade from Thretis et al. He played there this year, in fact, and absolutely killed it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHMeBHi9858

This video is particularily noteworthy for two things: First is the hilarious bro party that occurs around the three minute mark. For most of the set there were two sexy ladies dancing on top of the (120k watt) speaker stacks, but they got down right as Cinema started. Cue about 20 bros hopping up in the span of 20 seconds, and, no poo poo, standing in a line and pelvic thrusting rhythmically in unison. One of the most hilariously homoerotic things I've ever seen.

Second noteworthy thing is at the end of the video Calvertron goes missing, the crowd tries to find him, and Skrillex puts his ipod on shuffle.