Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen
DrChu - nice choices! I just received an '11 4003 in Jetglo last Friday, that I'll soon turn into an all blacked out model, similar to the '04 I had a while back. The Black TRC, was that a swap? Or some unknown third party? Thinking about swapping with my 4004L which is black, but I could get away with a vinyl wrap/cutting through the letters to show some white.

Here's a shot of my previous bass: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whoapower/4057075344/in/set-72157622691779512 I sold it off, keeping all the black hardware in anticipation for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Manky posted:

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Thank you. That simple quote has brought an unreasonably large amount of joy to my day.

And, yeah, that is a difficult decision. The black looks better because of the contrasting whites, but when I think Ricks, I always think the white hardware.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Schatten posted:

DrChu - nice choices! I just received an '11 4003 in Jetglo last Friday, that I'll soon turn into an all blacked out model, similar to the '04 I had a while back. The Black TRC, was that a swap? Or some unknown third party? Thinking about swapping with my 4004L which is black, but I could get away with a vinyl wrap/cutting through the letters to show some white.

Here's a shot of my previous bass: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whoapower/4057075344/in/set-72157622691779512 I sold it off, keeping all the black hardware in anticipation for this one.

The black TRC came on the first 4001 I got, it appears legit but as that one has white binding as well, not original to the bass so I don't know where it came from.

Are those black tuners Hipshots? How do they compare to the originals?

If you need a black 4003 pickguard I have a few around that may work.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
I looooove it when I can post in this thread. It makes me happy in the pants region.

ESP-LTD FX400. Spalted Maple finish, EMG 81\60, 22 frets, no bullshit thrash guitar.

Lookit the headstock. Sure the shape is loud and obnoxious, but damnit that's PRETTY.

The whole family. From left to right, my brother's acoustic, a Yamaha AES620 in Open C for when I wanna be Devin Townsend, a Gibson Les Paul Standard which is my dream\ferarri guitar and the new lovely LTD. I got the LTD to play live, while the Gibby stays at home and stays lovely, used for recording and making me happy, rather than risk getting the headstock broken on some nimrods skull or having it nicked by a scumbag. Either would send me into a genocidal rampage, thus it was safer for the general public for me to have a bodyguard for my Les Paul :)

I'm surprised at how much EMG pickups DONT suck. I was expecting them to sound cold and meh, but there are some seriously sweet tones to be had out of this guitar. Thoroughly impressed. Especially considering I got it for $1000 cheaper due to a chip in the back that's about 3mm long and 1mm deep.. This is my live guitar. It's meant to get dings\chips. I wanted it to have EMGs so that dings\chips dont affect the sound.

Anyone wanna take a guess on how long it took before I played Enter Sandman on that beast? I am such a dirty, filthy fanboy.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

DrChu posted:

Are those black tuners Hipshots? How do they compare to the originals?

If you need a black 4003 pickguard I have a few around that may work.

Thanks for the offer, but I already have a black pg. I might need another one, maybe a diff color, depending on which color I go with on the second one incoming (either keep the order for MID or pressure them for a fireglo/mapleglo - unsure really).

The hipshots were installed on the used 04 when I received it. Couldn't tell you anything about fitment other than they work fine. The holes might be slightly different on your 4001's. But otherwise, no problems like other hipshot products. Smooth tuning.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Hammer Floyd posted:

I'm surprised at how much EMG pickups DONT suck. I was expecting them to sound cold and meh, but there are some seriously sweet tones to be had out of this guitar. Thoroughly impressed.
I was actually thinking that the EMG's were the best part about that guitar...

EDIT: That is a sweet loving amp.

betterinsodapop fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 13, 2011

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

betterinsodapop posted:

I was actually thinking that the EMG's were the best part about that guitar...

EDIT: That is a sweet loving amp.

Hahahaha! Well as you can see from my other guitars, I'm more of a Les Paul man than anything else, but if you're gonna buy a guitar specifically for stage usage, you might as well make it something flashy. I worship Metallica so I've always had a soft spot for Explorers.

I do love my Mesa. In fact, Mesa Recto + EMGs = Magic. I think it's the metal equivilant of Les Paul + Marshall.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
downsizing for great justice!

vintage silverface Fender Princeton non-reverb! I don't know what I like best, the way it looks, sounds, or smells.

btw if anygoon living in the nova/DC area wants a great deal on an Ampeg Reverberocket 2x12 let me know. Sounds really awesome (esp. cleans and reverb) but it's just too much amp for my needs.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

dancehall posted:

downsizing for great justice!

Companies other than Boss make pedals these days, you know. ;)

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

Catastrophe posted:

Companies other than Boss make pedals these days, you know. ;)

Not like those, they don't! (except the ones that are Boss clones)

Actually the T Wah is a new purchase as well so I guess I should have pointed that out.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Just got a Shure SM58. Now I can finally sample my farts to make SICK WOBBLES BRO!

Crud Bonemeal
Feb 9, 2006

But for us, it's not about one year. It's about trying to build a sustainable winner. If we build it correctly, we should be able to build a sustainable winner for the long term.
UPS brought this yesterday. I am in love.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Crud Bonemeal posted:

UPS brought this yesterday. I am in love.

If you really like it, never ever sell it. I had to let go of a Tennessee Rose a few years ago, and I still think of it everytime I pick up a semi, which is nearly every day.

Where's yours made? The Tennessee Rose was made in Japan in the mid-90s, just like Setzer's guitar, and was perfect in all aspects. Never seen quality like that. I've played early '60s Country Gentlemen (one just like yours from '62 I think) that may have sounded just a tad mellower, but were not even in the same league as the Japanese-made, workmanshipwise.

Crud Bonemeal
Feb 9, 2006

But for us, it's not about one year. It's about trying to build a sustainable winner. If we build it correctly, we should be able to build a sustainable winner for the long term.
It was made in Korea. I'm very sorry for your loss :(

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Crud Bonemeal posted:

It was made in Korea. I'm very sorry for your loss :(

I've been curious about the Korean ones. Please let me know if you think it has the right sound and feel. I can't try them out where I live.

GravyWPG
Sep 15, 2011

AAAAGH! BEEF GRAVY! IT'S BURNING MY FLESH! BUT IT'S SOOOO DELICIOUS!
buying these babies soon:

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Just ordered an Agile AL-3100 Silverburst:

And some EMG's (60X/81X) to drop in it. I didn't realize Rondo won't let you ship to any address other than your billing address for orders over $300, so I'll have to work from home when it's out for delivery.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I've had one or two of those, they're good guitars, but heavy as gently caress. The finish is also leagues ahead the silverbursts of other companies at that price range and even above.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Pretentious Turtle posted:

I've had one or two of those, they're good guitars, but heavy as gently caress. The finish is also leagues ahead the silverbursts of other companies at that price range and even above.

The older Agiles weren't chambered and are freaking hefty. They started chambering them (I think around when they changed the headstocks) to be a little more comfortable, but yeah... I can't play my old-school AL-2800 for more than an hour or so without getting sore.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

bisticles posted:

The older Agiles weren't chambered and are freaking hefty. They started chambering them (I think around when they changed the headstocks) to be a little more comfortable, but yeah... I can't play my old-school AL-2800 for more than an hour or so without getting sore.

So you're telling me that the chambered ones weigh 12 pounds and the old ones weighed even more? Because both ALs I've had were around the 10-12 mark, and I'm pretty sure they're after the headstock change. How much loving heavier can they get?

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

The UPS fairy stopped by yesterday:

Zoom H4n Field recorder, which I also just found out can double as a USB audio interface.

Zentrenched
Jun 7, 2005

It's all noise to me.
The Zoom H4n is awesome, you'll be amazed at how well it captures live music. Connect a couple of extra mics and it gets even better.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Get a wind-screen if you're going to take it outdoors or go mobile at any speed at all, ordered a H1 type from http://www.redheadwindscreens.com/ and it does the job well - not as well as a huge ball of proper acoustic foam but still very good.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

Get a wind-screen if you're going to take it outdoors or go mobile at any speed at all, ordered a H1 type from http://www.redheadwindscreens.com/ and it does the job well - not as well as a huge ball of proper acoustic foam but still very good.

I actually got the H4n because my buddy had the H2 and I was EXTREMELY impressed by it. He also bought a windscreen from these people, which I guess has to be my next purchase.

TheBandOffice
Nov 4, 2009
A package decided to show up today carrying this beauty:

A Besson BE2052 Euphonium. I opened the package and proceeded to :fap: for a few hours.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sunshine, space, coffee, nature and a loving grand piano. Life could not be so perfect :)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

The SM58 is switched. :buddy:

Computer Jones
Jun 22, 2005

fuctifino posted:

Sunshine, space, coffee, nature and a loving grand piano. Life could not be so perfect :)

Nice! :)

I think I remember you said you were taking a music degree- have you started yet?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Computer Jones posted:

Nice! :)

I think I remember you said you were taking a music degree- have you started yet?

I had to pull out of my attempt to go to uni. Due to me flunking a degree 20 years ago, they refused to give me a student loan for the tuition fees :(

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Noise Machine posted:

The UPS fairy stopped by yesterday:

Zoom H4n Field recorder, which I also just found out can double as a USB audio interface.

Aww man, ok forget my need for a FireBox... I want this instead. Let me know how it works for you.

Computer Jones
Jun 22, 2005

fuctifino posted:

I had to pull out of my attempt to go to uni. Due to me flunking a degree 20 years ago, they refused to give me a student loan for the tuition fees :(

Oh geez, that's rough. I'm sorry to hear that :(

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.
Couldn't resist. I went to buy strings, played this for a while, and it wanted to go home with me.

American Special Stratocaster, 2009. The big headstock sold me on it. I love those...

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Walter posted:

Couldn't resist. I went to buy strings, played this for a while, and it wanted to go home with me.

American Special Stratocaster, 2009. The big headstock sold me on it. I love those...

I like that you're still using the Super Chorus. Are you still using the settings I gave you a while ago?

Here are the other gear purchases I forgot to post (:smug:)

Edit: SWEET JESUS THE TABLES

The Ultrasone were advertised as being with some sort of "surround sound" effect, but I haven't noticed anything gimmicky, they're actually pretty nice for the modest price.

The VP was something I really needed to buy. Been playing a lot of stuff that requires volume swells or some sort of slow attack. I learned on my dad's GT-6, which he bought for $200 and then decided to never touch again, so I took it up as the world's largest volume pedal. (:v:)

Noise Machine fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 20, 2011

mr_package
Jun 13, 2000
I bought a POD HD500 from Hello Music for $325. It`s pretty good-- I didn`t really want a modeler but they`re just so drat useful for recording. The high gain models are more useful than ever. The Engl and Bogner are especially good, although the Bogner still has some of that POD high-gain `skwonk-fizzz` that always pissed me off about the X3.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

Noise Machine posted:

I like that you're still using the Super Chorus. Are you still using the settings I gave you a while ago?

Man, that is one hell of a memory you've got.

I have them written down somewhere from before, but you know, if you're so disposed, I wouldn't mind getting them again straight from your mouth.

As to the pedals...

I haven't really bought much new in the way of pedals (or changed much in terms of setup) since last time I posted anything. I like the sound of these, particularly the Super Chorus. I'm starting to get a little tired of the Echo Park, but I can still make it do what I want. And I've finally found settings on the Little Big Muff that I like without it sounding like complete noise.

I just need to finally build or buy a decent pedalboard with power. Powering these things from my TU-2 introduces way more noise than I like into the mix.

Just an aside: You know what's hilarious? I think I play more through that little Rickenbacker practice amp (left side, on top of the Hot Rod Deluxe) than almost anything else, and I found it sitting beside a dumpster in my hometown a few years ago. It's surprisingly versatile, and if it made just a little more noise, I'd use it even more.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Walter posted:

I just need to finally build or buy a decent pedalboard with power. Powering these things from my TU-2 introduces way more noise than I like into the mix.

FYI, Boss pedals like the TU-2 don't provide any of their own power. Those power jacks are simply pass-throughs soldered from one jack to the next. It will simply be as noisy as the supply you're using.

granpa yum
Jul 15, 2004

DJ Commie posted:

It somehow fits in my spare bookbag, but yeah seriously it wastes a shitload of space. Is the FW1884 even larger with its bigger faders? Its generally replacing buying a proper control desk for now, since I can somewhat easily deal with 32 channels via banking. Motorized faders are just because I am literally a child, though I am more of a fader-rider than some, so it works well for me. Being literate in MIDI and Mackie Control/HUI helps a lot, I haven't met a bit of software that can't be controlled through those 3 standards. I'm even custom programming the 1082 itself for some outboard gear. My requirements list was a bit funny, having good transport controls, a spinning shuttle wheel with scrub mode, some onboard infinite knobs, at least 4 mic in, 2 inserts, and cheap.

I generally like it, but its my first full feature control interface, so maybe I should have held out for the 003 at 5 times the price :v:

I have the 1884, it's way bigger which is super annoying! I had to buy a weird desk to accomodate it! I've had it for a few years and it's been awesome for me though. Here is something I learned: if your motorized faders break it's most likely these rubber band things and you can easily replace it with a normal rubber band that you cut down the center to make it thin.

communistdew
Sep 11, 2005
Where do we light our cigars with dollah bills?
Woof! I have a lot of things to post. Not all recent, but I haven't been diligent with sharing.

Anyone have one of these? I do! If you know where to get koma/bridges other than Canada for price + $20 shipping, please let me know.

Nagauta Shamisen. Plastic skin because I don't know what I'm doing. Have another two necks and a body in the closet waiting for me to make crazy hybrids out of.

And in the guitar department (my usual department):

Boss Equalizer (not exciting, but hoo-boy does it make a difference) and my homemade Shin-Ei FY-2 Companion Fuzz. Instant The Black Keys. Makes a wall of fuzz like you never did hear. Modded with a mid scoop.

You can also see my homemade pedalboard in that shot that I made out of an IKEA shelf!

Also just bought a Line6 M5 Stompbox Modeler form Hellomusic. Waiting on that. And I'm fixing a Boss OC-3 that I got from a friend for free (broken pot and grounding issues). Oh yeah, and I got a Voodoo Labs ISO5 to power all kinds of junk. This sounds like I spent a lot of money. Guess I shouldn't lump it all into one post.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I've wanted a shamisen for way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Scarf posted:

Aww man, ok forget my need for a FireBox... I want this instead. Let me know how it works for you.

I just tried using my H4N as an interface to record vocals last night and it was nauseatingly bad latency-wise. Like half a second or more. It's definitely very useful for anything that doesn't require immediate monitoring, but as far as recording-music-and-hearing-it-too goes, I can't recommend that function. It's definitely not designed to be used that way, which is a shame because it's so goddamn handy otherwise. It's still a fantastic tool for field recording/live recording/almost everything else.

Here's my most recent gear purchase. "Recent" being a few months ago. I still have no amp, which kinda sucks, but at the same time, it's way easier just to plug it into my computer and use Logic to simulate an amp. Good thing I'm not in a band!

It's a Korean PRS SE Custom. It was basically the nicest guitar I could afford at the time. It's got some issues, but I love it.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 21, 2011