Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
I personally didn't like gDiapers, but I hear Flips work pretty well. I have used the Flip covers as a regular cloth diaper cover before and have been satisfied with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

Gumby Orgy posted:

I told a couple of my coworkers about the scheduling manager's shenanigans regarding my first appointment. The instant response was not positive about her behavior, and I found someone willing to work for the first half of my shift. It wasn't hard making the scheduling manager out to be a bad person. I stated just the facts and she hung herself.

I spoke to HR and he said I could easily use FMLA for that day but suggested I find a replacement so I don't burn through it. He said that she can't deny me time off for prenatal appointments but she can make me use FMLA time.

Hooray for helpful people! I don't know that your boss will necessarily give two shits of whether you are using FMLA time or not. From what you've said it sounds like she's just being a bitch for scheduling purposes. Hopefully that's the case and you can take some PTO if needed and save your FMLA for when the baby comes.

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.

Fire In The Disco posted:

I personally didn't like gDiapers, but I hear Flips work pretty well. I have used the Flip covers as a regular cloth diaper cover before and have been satisfied with them.

What about the GroVia brand? Anyone heard about them? Costco has a starter kit I've been thinking about. The inserts can be cloth or biodegradable.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Hello thread. I just want to say that this thread and the knocked up thread have been very helpful. I've been lurking this whole time but just wanted to say thanks but also ask a question.

I'm currently at 16 weeks and I have near constant shoulder and neck muscle pain. My husband's massages help but are short. I took a prenatal yoga class this morning and it hasn't helped, possibly made it worse. I tried tylenol, therma wraps, and stretching but nothing gives me long term relief. Besides getting weekly professional massages, do I have any other options?

Idonie
Jun 5, 2011

Gravitee posted:

Hello thread. I just want to say that this thread and the knocked up thread have been very helpful. I've been lurking this whole time but just wanted to say thanks but also ask a question.

I'm currently at 16 weeks and I have near constant shoulder and neck muscle pain. My husband's massages help but are short. I took a prenatal yoga class this morning and it hasn't helped, possibly made it worse. I tried tylenol, therma wraps, and stretching but nothing gives me long term relief. Besides getting weekly professional massages, do I have any other options?

Depending upon what's going on, a single professional massage (with a rolfer, perhaps) or a single chiropractor appointment might do the trick. I had a lot of pain in my back for a large chunk of my pregnancy, and I just took it for granted -- one chiropractor appointment that lasted 25 minutes (at around 36 weeks, done for other reasons) and it felt fine for the rest of the pregnancy.

Gumby Orgy
Mar 21, 2007

by T. Finn
How long into your pregnancy did it take before your pants were snug? I'm about seven weeks and I'm either bloated or carrying a rhino. I haven't gained weight at all, quite the opposite, but my pants are uncomfortable.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
It generally takes longer, but not always-- I remember one goonette who was showing with her first for reals by 10 weeks. Some factors, like build (you tend to show sooner if you're really thin for obvious reasons), play into it, but sometimes it's just how your body's made. I'm short, only 5' tall, and I was showing big time by about 15 weeks.

Gumby Orgy
Mar 21, 2007

by T. Finn

Fire In The Disco posted:

It generally takes longer, but not always-- I remember one goonette who was showing with her first for reals by 10 weeks. Some factors, like build (you tend to show sooner if you're really thin for obvious reasons), play into it, but sometimes it's just how your body's made. I'm short, only 5' tall, and I was showing big time by about 15 weeks.

I'm not showing, I'm just... I can't describe it other than my pants are too tight now. I'm uncomfortable. I'm thinking about getting a belly band because I can't loving stand my pants being buttoned right now. Ugh.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
Yeah, you're growing. You'll probably be showing soon. ;)

You can do your own cheap version of what a belly band does by looping a hair tie around itself through your buttonhole, and then the resulting loop can go over the button. Obviously your shirt will have to be long enough to cover it though.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

Gumby Orgy posted:

How long into your pregnancy did it take before your pants were snug? I'm about seven weeks and I'm either bloated or carrying a rhino. I haven't gained weight at all, quite the opposite, but my pants are uncomfortable.

I thought I was getting a baby belly quite early but it was just gas, haha :butt:
I started using Fire in the Disco's hairband trick at ~12 weeks, mostly because my stomach got really sensitive to pressure.

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009
I started out fat AND I had a ton of gas-bloating, so I looked six or seven months pregnant immediately. (Like, IMMEDIATELY.) By the time the gas subsided I was actually showing a little bit so there was really no change. I just went ahead and got a bunch of maternity stuff as soon as I could; I feel like it looks cute on me and I can finally feel alright about my belly :3: Also, waaaayy more comfortable. I've only gained 5 pounds (I'm 22 wks) so I haven't grown out of anything, and even have a little more room to grow into most of it. Next purchase: Muumuus (I'm going full Dorothy Zbornak in this bitch)

FretforyourLatte
Sep 16, 2010

Put you in my oven!

Chicken McNobody posted:

I started out fat AND I had a ton of gas-bloating, so I looked six or seven months pregnant immediately. (Like, IMMEDIATELY.) By the time the gas subsided I was actually showing a little bit so there was really no change. I just went ahead and got a bunch of maternity stuff as soon as I could; I feel like it looks cute on me and I can finally feel alright about my belly :3: Also, waaaayy more comfortable. I've only gained 5 pounds (I'm 22 wks) so I haven't grown out of anything, and even have a little more room to grow into most of it. Next purchase: Muumuus (I'm going full Dorothy Zbornak in this bitch)

I know exactly what you mean about finally feeling alright about your belly. I never lost the weight I gained from my first (I'll have to try harder this time!) and I never got used to being so heavy, it always got me down. I haven't really gained anything yet this time but the weight all seemed to reposition itself. Having a legit pregnant belly and cute maternity clothes has made a huge difference in my self confidence, suddenly I actually feel attractive again. It doesn't hurt that people feel obligated to tell you how great you look when you're pregnant. :3: Hey, I'll take what I can get.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Gumby Orgy posted:

I'm not showing, I'm just... I can't describe it other than my pants are too tight now. I'm uncomfortable. I'm thinking about getting a belly band because I can't loving stand my pants being buttoned right now. Ugh.

I was bloated at that stage too. My belly was huge, wobbly and uncomfortable. However, at 15 weeks it's turning into a cute little bump rather than an ugly mass of flesh.

Goonettes... Am I crazy to be looking at cloth diaper sets when I don't own a dryer? I usually dry my clothes outside, but will be giving birth in March and the weather will be poo poo. During the winter I usually dry my own clothes inside using a crappy device from the shopping channel, but those diapers look a lot thicker and heavier than my usual laundry. I definitely don't have the space to fit a dryer anywhere. Any advice on brands that are perhaps a little less bulky?

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher
Flip diapers are really thin and I like them a lot. They fit a wide range of sizes too. I dried them on a line inside my basement most of the time and it worked out great.

http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=139

ETA: I used these inserts: http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=139&products_id=2132

The Young Marge
Jul 19, 2006

but no one can talk to a horse, of course.
I'm not speaking from experience, just what I've heard, but drying time/practicality depends on what system you use. All-in-ones take forever to try, pocket diapers don't take as long and seem to be what most people prefer. If you're doing flats/prefolds plus covers, the PUL covers air-dry in no time, and the inserts dry like regular cotton clothing.

I have cloth diapers on the brain big-time right now because I need to figure out what else I have to buy. Despite most of my friends/family being unfamiliar with modern cloth diapering, I got some things at my shower, which really helps. I'm now the proud owner of 5 one-size pocket diapers, 2 Flips, 36 regular-size cotton prefolds, 3 Snappis and flushable liners for catching poop. I think we'll just need to add some PUL covers and doublers to have a decent little stash. My mother-in-law also got us 12 flats, some old-school plastic pants, and pins! :haw: (Whatever, I'll learn to use them, too.)

Belly/bloatingness - happened for me right away. I never get lucky with that kind of poo poo. I got VERY uncomfortable quickly, and was in maternity pants + belly band at like 11 weeks. By 16-17 weeks I had a cute baby bump. Now, at 34 weeks, people stare at me in alarm because I'm so loving ridiculously huge that it looks like I'm going to squat down and start pushing at any second. :( I can't even imagine how I'm going to walk if I get much bigger.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

Gumby Orgy posted:

Pretty much a couple of weeks after the positive test I was so bloated that my pants didn't fit anymore. I was in maternity pants at 6 weeks I think. I tried the hair tie loop through the regular pants but it wasn't comfortable for me to sit in an office chair all day like that so I opted to buy maternity pants. Plus, they were super comfortable and I could just fold the band over before all of the bloating subsided and the bump actually appeared. I'm 22 weeks now and I'm still a pound under my pre-pregnancy weight but I've got such a belly now I couldn't even pretend to put my old pants.

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.

Chicken McNobody posted:

I had a similar experience (now at 25 weeks). I started out overweight and lost weight through the first 15 or so weeks. Yet at the same time, I actually felt heavier and my weight had shifted so that everything with a proper waistband was uncomfortable. At this point, I am almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight, and all of my "maternity" clothes are just jersey/stretchy dresses about 1 size larger than my normal size with an empire waist (for baby-growth space).

Incongruous
Feb 11, 2003

Now there's something you don't see every day!
I just wish I would get some sort of bump and actually look pregnant! I'm 21 weeks along and have gained about 8 lbs (which I swear mostly went to my boobs and butt!), but my stomach still looks about the same as it did when I was like 8 weeks pregnant. I just look a bit bloated. I started off relatively thin, and everything I've read said that I should probably begin to show somewhat early. But no. It's so frustrating when even my friends who know that I'm pregnant say that I don't look pregnant! I just want to have a nosy stranger ask me when I'm due. :(

Anyway, my husband and I are planning on cloth diapering and I just got my first order of diapers delivered. These things are so cute! Buying these could turn into some sort of horribly expensive addiction! I'm just trying to remember that we're cloth diapering to save money, not so I can cover my little girl's butt in pretty patterned cotton.

limegrnxj
Apr 24, 2004
I was also terribly bloated in the beginning and by the time that went away, baby bump appeared. I've felt uncomfortable in one way or another basically since April.

I don't understand all you people who are losing weight or not gaining very much. :( I'm at 26 weeks and I've gained about 20 pounds. I guess it's all in blood volume, I'm still wearing some pre-pregnancy pants and my boobs are the same. I'm really quite bummed about it. I'm eating healthy and running 3-4 days a week, why I so fat?

I'm also totally excited for cloth diapering. The Costco GroVia kit that was mentioned earlier in the thread looks awesome. I haven't found anything bad about the GroVia's online so far, but would love to hear some personal experience. Everyone says don't buy til the baby arrives, but I'm sooo tempted.

Edit: and just like that, the Costco website says they are now out of the boy starter pack.

limegrnxj fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 20, 2011

The Young Marge
Jul 19, 2006

but no one can talk to a horse, of course.

limegrnxj posted:

Everyone says don't buy til the baby arrives, but I'm sooo tempted.

Edit: and just like that, the Costco website says they are now out of the boy starter pack.

Ugh, sucks that they ran out of what you need. The exact same thing happened to me - I had put Sunbaby diapers on my Amazon registry. Then about a week before the shower (which was Saturday), they stopped taking orders because they got too backed up. A friend even told me at the shower that she'd intended to get them for us, but then they weren't available anymore. Now I have no idea when they'll be back in business. :( I was really counting on them, too.

Re: "don't buy until the baby arrives," I don't know; wouldn't it be a good idea to get some cloth diapers in advance so you can practice with them and prep them? Again, this is my first kid, so I don't know if this is wise or not.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
Yeah, I would totally get some before (and I did), and also be ready to use disposables in the beginning if necessary. For us, we bought a newborn sized stash of prefolds and covers, and then our girl was petite enough that she was in preemie sized diapers for the first month or two. I think it also goes the other way for a lot of people-- they buy the newborn stuff, only get to use it for a bit, then they have to move up.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

limegrnxj posted:

I was also terribly bloated in the beginning and by the time that went away, baby bump appeared. I've felt uncomfortable in one way or another basically since April.

I don't understand all you people who are losing weight or not gaining very much. :( I'm at 26 weeks and I've gained about 20 pounds. I guess it's all in blood volume, I'm still wearing some pre-pregnancy pants and my boobs are the same. I'm really quite bummed about it. I'm eating healthy and running 3-4 days a week, why I so fat?

I had the flu at about 7 weeks and dropped 7 pounds in 2 days. I still have 1 pound to go until I hit the pre-pregnancy number. Honestly I'm not sure how I haven't doubled in size at this point. At the last appointment my doctor was like "what's up with this 4 pound weight gain in 4 weeks?" and after I told her my cat died she laid off but reminded me to kindly get back onto my healthier eating habits (read: not Taco Bell and pizza). I was a bit of a chubbo before I got pregnant so I'm guessing the baby has been feeding off of my reserves. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. The morning sickness probably helped to curb the weight gain, which is still going on unfortunately, though not as often. Everyone is different though so I wouldn't worry about the weight gain unless your dr. says something to you. I was given a strict 10-15 pounds of weight gain allowed which I will surely try to abide by until the kid starts gaining 10 pounds a week. Then all bets are off.

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.

limegrnxj posted:

My excuse is that the only food I wanted to eat for the first trimester was fruit and salad. So my calorie intake got much smaller (between the fruitarian diet and smaller portions, since regular size meals would cause me to have heartburn) and my low to moderate exercise didn't change. But even though I haven't really gained weight there is no way I could fit into any pants that I was wearing a few months ago, because my weight has all re-distributed to my waistline. So if you can still fit into pants after weight gain, good for you!

Besides, us fat girls are supposed to keep our weight gain in check (under 15 pounds for the whole pregnancy). So while I am definitely not dieting, I am also not allowing myself to indulge in the "eating for two" mentality. This kid only needs 300 calories a day, and let's face it, I didn't get to be fat by only eating the required numbers of calories a day.

tl,dr: I was a fatty with a not so great diet before this kid, now I am eating much healthier, thus weight loss.

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.

The Young Marge posted:

Ugh, sucks that they ran out of what you need. The exact same thing happened to me - I had put Sunbaby diapers on my Amazon registry. Then about a week before the shower (which was Saturday), they stopped taking orders because they got too backed up. A friend even told me at the shower that she'd intended to get them for us, but then they weren't available anymore. Now I have no idea when they'll be back in business. :( I was really counting on them, too.

Re: "don't buy until the baby arrives," I don't know; wouldn't it be a good idea to get some cloth diapers in advance so you can practice with them and prep them? Again, this is my first kid, so I don't know if this is wise or not.

Yeah, I've heard with the GroVia diapers that you need to wash and dry the heavy duty inserts four times before they work properly. Some of the negative reviews I've read say that they didn't feel like doing that and the inserts didn't work properly and/or took too long to dry.

Pata Pata Pata Pon
Jun 20, 2007

limegrnxj posted:

No worries. I lost 8 lbs in my first trimester, and as SOON as I hit 14 weeks, I blew the gently caress up. I gained back the 8 lbs and added on another 8 by the time I was 19 weeks along, and I've gained another 5 or so since then (sitting at 30ish weeks now and still gaining weight). Boobs feel sore and heavy, but I'm still in my pre-pregnancy bras, which is kind of a bummer. Where are these huge boobs every pregnancy book promised I'd have by the end of the first trimester?! Since I was overweight when I got pregnant, too, I was worried that my doc would say something about my explosive 2nd trimester weight gain, but she is happy that the baby is measuring normal and was thrilled I wasn't anemic or gestationally diabetic, so she told me to just keep on with whatever diet and exercise I'm doing now. So I wouldn't worry about it unless your doctor says something!

Also I'm going nuts over this cloth diapering thing. I discovered diaperswappers.com the other night and I've been glued to the screen, hunting out good deals on used cloth diapers. Hopefully no one rips me off, because there's some sweet deals on barely-used diapers that parents are trying to recoup some money on when their kid grows out of them in a week or whatnot. Even buying secondhand, I can see where the whole "I NEED GIRAFFES ON MY KID'S BUTT" mentality can kick in and you could spend hundreds of bucks on fuzzy animal designs for your kid to poop all over.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

netally posted:

I was bloated at that stage too. My belly was huge, wobbly and uncomfortable. However, at 15 weeks it's turning into a cute little bump rather than an ugly mass of flesh.

Goonettes... Am I crazy to be looking at cloth diaper sets when I don't own a dryer? I usually dry my clothes outside, but will be giving birth in March and the weather will be poo poo. During the winter I usually dry my own clothes inside using a crappy device from the shopping channel, but those diapers look a lot thicker and heavier than my usual laundry. I definitely don't have the space to fit a dryer anywhere. Any advice on brands that are perhaps a little less bulky?

I don't really cloth diaper but I read somewhere that if you're looking for maximum environmental save-age you shouldn't use a dryer on cloth diapers anyway. You'll eat up most of the benefits to the environment if you do that.

Link: http://publications.environment-agency.gov.uk/pdf/SCHO0808BOIR-e-e.pdf

limegrnxj I think weight gain depends a lot upon what weight you are when you get pregnant. It's also very individual. When I got pregnant I had just had the flu and was on the very low side of my normal weight. On my due date I weighed 45 pounds more than when I got pregnant, and I ate healthy and exercised throughout. Your body will gain as much as it needs, don't worry about it as long as you are eating healthily. Breastfeeding helps you lose the weight.

bilabial trill fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 20, 2011

Twatty Seahag
Dec 30, 2007
I gained about 40 lbs when I was pregnant, and at 8 months PP I'm still hanging on to an extra 10 lbs. I lost 30 lbs. before I got pregnant, and I was still eating an extremely clean low-carb diet when I found out so I'm sure going off that had some backlash. I started at 138, delivered at 180, and I think I was like 160 the day I left the hospital. The rest has just kind of come off slowly.

Every time I cut calories my milk supply drops like a stone, and I've had some lasting joint issues from my pregnancy so working out hasn't really been an option, but it'll happen when my body is ready. No biggie!

There's a woman at my work who is almost 9 months pregnant and completely obsessed with food/weight gain. She's only gained 10 lbs. her whole entire pregnancy and constantly brags about it. We are having a shower for her and she lost her poo poo about having a cake. It makes me really sad.

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009

limegrnxj posted:

I think for me it is partly that I was already fatte and partly that my fetus is some kind of vaguely-human-shaped parasite--everything I take in, he seems to gobble up. I figure, I'm healthy and the baby's healthy so I give no fucks.

(I am kind of hoping that what happened to a cousin of mine will happen to me--she started out breastfeeding and the pounds melted off. She actually had to stop because the kid was just eating her up and she was losing weight too fast!)

limegrnxj
Apr 24, 2004
Thanks for all the support everybody! My doctor hasn't mentioned my weight and things seem to be going fine, so I'm trying to just get used to it. It's just so strange. But whatever lol. I'm sure breastfeeding will also do it's part when he finally shows up.

Also, I REQUIRE owls on my kids butt!

limegrnxj fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 20, 2011

Helanna
Feb 1, 2007

Well, after deciding in May that it was time to start considering having a kid, we held off trying until a couple of weeks ago, now that enough time has passed since I had a vaccine (typhoid, just over 3 months ago). Tried once, then decided maybe we should wait a bit longer as I'm in the middle of a fairly stressful family time and also trying to get a promotion at work...

Period due today and nothing happened which for me was alarm bells - I'm never, ever late, and can predict it exactly. Two pregnancy tests later and 2 positives so it seems we're expecting. And it's our first wedding anniversary today as well!

So incredibly excited but so much panic as well - for all that we've been thinking of this for a while, it's suddenly very real once there's a positive test! I bought a book a while ago, on advice from this forum, "Your Pregnancy, week by week" 6th edition by Glade Curtis and Judith Schuler. Any other recommendations?

Wondering at what point it's possible to tell the gender of the baby?

Currently just feels similar to period symptoms with sore back, sore boobs, and contantly too warm. Only new symptom is disturbed sleep the last couple of weeks.

What point did you guys tell friends/family/work? A bit concerned that I will get passed over for promotion if it gets out that I'm pregnant :3: Technically illegal but I'm sure that doesn't stop companies from trying.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS

Helanna posted:

So incredibly excited but so much panic as well - for all that we've been thinking of this for a while, it's suddenly very real once there's a positive test! I bought a book a while ago, on advice from this forum, "Your Pregnancy, week by week" 6th edition by Glade Curtis and Judith Schuler. Any other recommendations?

Probably a given, but What to Expect When You're Expecting has been a great book for my peace of mind. If something I think is weird is happening, I flip to whatever week I'm at and the book tells me if it's normal or not. Definitely a good book.

quote:

We found out at 16 weeks, from like a little blip of white that it's a boy. Those maternity nurses are pros.

quote:

Currently just feels similar to period symptoms with sore back, sore boobs, and contantly too warm. Only new symptom is disturbed sleep the last couple of weeks.

The sore boobs are going to last quite a while. I don't think mine stopped hurting until month 4 or 5. The disturbed sleep too, my CNM told me Benadryl was a-ok to take though, doesn't stop me from waking up but certainly makes it easier to go back to sleep. Sucked for me because I've always been the type to sleep like a log until the alarm goes off. Waking up at 3am starving is the worse, although a slice of bread and peanut butter usually takes care of that problem.

quote:

What point did you guys tell friends/family/work? A bit concerned that I will get passed over for promotion if it gets out that I'm pregnant :3: Technically illegal but I'm sure that doesn't stop companies from trying.

My husband and I waited until we had all our family in one place and then told them, which ended up being around 3 months exactly. After that, I told my co-workers. I've heard that it's better to wait till the first trimester is over because the rate of miscarriage goes way down - would suck to spread the news and then miscarry later. But then again, my husband's best friend just called him for advice and his wife was only 3 weeks along, so I guess it's personal preference.

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful
I really liked the Expecting 411 book and Baby Bargains. Expecting 411 doesn't go into huge detail on a lo of things, but that's really what Google is for--it's perfect for covering the "Is this normal?" questions, and easy to navigate.

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher
I really hated "What to Expect". The book you have now was a good one for me. I also just read a lot of stuff online.

I told my family right away and some close friends. I wouldn't tell work until it's necessary.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007

dreamcatcherkwe posted:

I really hated "What to Expect". The book you have now was a good one for me. I also just read a lot of stuff online.

I told my family right away and some close friends. I wouldn't tell work until it's necessary.

Same here, on both accounts.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Helanna posted:

I bought a book a while ago, on advice from this forum, "Your Pregnancy, week by week" 6th edition by Glade Curtis and Judith Schuler. Any other recommendations?

I bought that book and don't like it. It's like here's what will happen this week and here's a bunch of diseases and things that can go wrong with the baby for you to worry about this week!

I much prefer the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy. It's a much nicer book, very informative without being patronizing or cutsie about everything. Highly recommend it.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Helanna posted:

We found out at 14 weeks. I don't know this for a fact, but I would think it is easier to tell early if you're having a boy. Generally, the gender scan is done around 20 weeks, but I've heard of it being scheduled as early as 17 weeks. We found out so early with Jack because I went in for a dating ultrasound (I have an irregular cycle and had no idea) and we got lucky.

Randomity fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 21, 2011

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one

Gumby Orgy posted:

I wore my regular pants until the end with a belly band and never bought maternity pants. I am a freak of nature though.

Gumby Orgy
Mar 21, 2007

by T. Finn
I bought a belly band. I can wear jeans again without wanting to shoot something. As it turns out, my mom hasn't been a source of much support at all because she thinks I'm going through some horrible thing. She had what she describes as the perfect pregnancy. She never got morning sickness, had cramping, or any of the bad symptoms. She also was never exhausted. She thinks I'm a freak XD

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

Gumby Orgy posted:

I bought a belly band. I can wear jeans again without wanting to shoot something. As it turns out, my mom hasn't been a source of much support at all because she thinks I'm going through some horrible thing. She had what she describes as the perfect pregnancy. She never got morning sickness, had cramping, or any of the bad symptoms. She also was never exhausted. She thinks I'm a freak XD

Haha, or she just forgot over the years how it really was ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful

Panne posted:

Haha, or she just forgot over the years how it really was ;)

Yeah, that's exactly what my mom told me today too, but in all her pregnancy photos, she looks miserable!