Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electromax
May 6, 2007
For me, I don't feel embarrassed if friends see me playing Street Fighter or Marvel.

I feel like I would be embarrassed playing Skullgirls. It's totally reasonable that lots of people don't care either way or think that's a stupid reason, but it's enough to dissuade me from getting it because I would cringe with some of that anime stuff personally.

To change the subject, I recently got a TE and it's noticeably smoother on button presses than my old SE stick was. Part of it is probably the better quality parts, but I also thought and I never really cleaned my stick beyond dusting it off. Do you guys occasionally take it apart and clean around the edges of the button caps (removing them from the wells) and stuff? My keyboard gets cleaned from time to time because dirt and fingerprints build up over time, never really thought about that with fighting sticks.

I used to have the clean my Gamecube controllers after friends would be using them for an extended period, lots of grossness there.

Electromax fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3uKGAYDidQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=522s

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

BUTTERWORBS posted:

I seriously disagree.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Electromax posted:

For me, I don't feel embarrassed if friends see me playing Street Fighter or Marvel.

I feel like I would be embarrassed playing Skullgirls.

If you don't mind, could you please explain why?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
If you would be embarrassed playing any game, that's really your fault and not the game's.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sade posted:

If you would be embarrassed playing any game, that's really your fault and not the game's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQkbq-jNcYc

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Sade posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q2Ep9lz5Ao

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Sade posted:

Well excuse us for not all being self-actualized enough to invite Grandma over for a friendly game of Battle Raper: HYPER REALACTION.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I look forward to playing the MLP fighting game.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Those are good vids, here's another game I want to play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ0c3S_W8PI

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Comment redacted holy gently caress do you guys just keep this poo poo on your clipboards just in case someone says "if you would be embarrassed playing any game"

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Sade posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrOAgaNs_SQ

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sade posted:

Comment redacted holy gently caress do you guys just keep this poo poo on your clipboards just in case someone says "if you would be embarrassed playing any game"
Yes. Yes I do. :colbert:

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Buhbuhj posted:

Of all the games for capcom to lift moves from...

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Eeevil posted:

If you don't mind, could you please explain why?

I don't want to stir this pot because I really don't care either way, as for the guy who said "that's your fault and not the game's", it isn't anyone's "fault" I was just saying that's my personal reason for not buying it, I didn't try to convince anyone else to agree. The game looks beautiful in motion and the devs are obviously very passionate, and I can appreciate that, I just don't like the style/art direction they went with.

My reasoning is the same reason I would be embarrassed if my girlfriend came in and I was watching Tenchi Muyo or whatever (which I did when I was 11). The cast is all youngish girls (or at least all the footage I've seen, maybe there are others to be revealed) with interesting character designs which for me are lessened by short skirts with 2' thighs and that type of thing.

Street Fighter and Marvel obviously have Chun, Elena, Felicia, etc, but it isn't the entire cast or the theme of the game and there's other character designs like Oro and Dudley which DO appeal to my aesthetics. It isn't me attacking any of your guys' likes and dislikes or whatever, just that for games to grab me they have to have something that I can relate to, and although I like fighting games if all of Marvel's cast looked like Morrigan and Felicia I wouldn't have been interested in that either.

Dunno, just my 2 cents.

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)

Robolizard! posted:

Of all the games for capcom to lift moves from...

Kuma had the fart move since Tekken 3 if you're thinking about SFxT.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Buhbuhj posted:

It would be cool if people weren't babies over an anime-ish artstyle.

No you dont understand! ANIMES ruin the PURITY of my manly FIGHTING GAME WITH FIREBALLS! REAL MANLY AMERICAN MEN ONLY

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
I'm not talking about anything in this stupid argument.

Anyway I'm kind of excited for Skullgirls because it looks fun in the same way Guilty Gear was. I'm kind of worried it will end up playing too much like Marvel though, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try. Unfortunately no one in my scene is excited for it at all, so I have to hope it's just really good and once they all see it in action they will give it a try. Because regardless of how good it is, if no one plays the game it will be irrelevant like KoF.

MillionsV
Jun 11, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Hey, you're the one with the gifs saved. :colbert:

Spaceship Zero
Jul 24, 2006

The soul of vengeance is a robot dinosaur

Sade posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg9qyNmLQJU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Buhbuhj posted:

Is.. is this an actual game?

Why does this exist?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'll only be embarrassed if the load I shoot in front of my friends while jerkin' it to the hot babes in Skullgirls doesn't live up to my expectations. Yowza!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

MillionsV posted:

Hey, you're the one with the gifs saved. :colbert:

Nah I copied them from this article:
http://borderhouseblog.com/?p=5366

blue font
Feb 28, 2011

Electromax posted:

Street Fighter and Marvel obviously have Chun, Elena, Felicia, etc, but it isn't the entire cast or the theme of the game and there's other character designs like Oro and Dudley which DO appeal to my aesthetics. It isn't me attacking any of your guys' likes and dislikes or whatever, just that for games to grab me they have to have something that I can relate to, and although I like fighting games if all of Marvel's cast looked like Morrigan and Felicia I wouldn't have been interested in that either.

This is a good point, and pretty much my stance as well. Skullgirls looks painstakingly drawn, it's animated very well, and the art style is not hard on the eyes... obviously a lot of effort has been poured into it. And it looks like a solid game. But for fucks sake, Peacock is the only character shown so far who doesn't flash her poo poo whenever a button is pressed. It's not a dealbreaker for me, but come on.

I don't consider Skullgirls any worse than Soul Calibur or DOA in this regard, but it's funny how hard people will defend the panty shots as an... 'art style choice', meanwhile completely making GBS threads on other games for baring some skin.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
MK, DoA and soul calibur are all way worse than skullgirls when it comes to being tasteless and arcana heart is an entire magnatude worse than those. Skullgirls doesn't come off as a game that uses sex as a selling point to me.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Gotta hate anime or else you are put on the pedo SA watchlist and might be permabanned.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gotta like anime because else I might hurt the feelings of an anime otaku.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

quakster posted:

Gotta like anime because else I might hurt the feelings of an anime otaku.

Owned, Kuai. You're owned now.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
Can we stop having this argument for the millionth time.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

systran posted:

I'm kind of worried it will end up playing too much like Marvel though,

Funny, your worries are my hopes.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

The problem with your proposal is that Anime is to Games what Religion is to GBS. It would be like asking a bird to stop chirping.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Also not embarrassing: Long shots of Megan Fox's tits and rear end in Transformers.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

BUTTERWORBS posted:

I seriously disagree.

You're seriously blind.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Look, it bothers some people. It doesn't bother others.

Can we agree to *this* point and go back to practical discussions?

tranceMD
Apr 25, 2006

Forsooth! Methinks thou art no ordinary talking chicken.
Everyone in the thread who disagrees with me is wrong, and I am going to be smug about it.

Heh. That'll show 'em. :butt:

Anyway how about some real fightin' game topics. I hope young Anakin is a guest character in SCV.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

If we can't stop talking about panty shots, this thread will be gassed by the end of the month!

http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF071-Weeaboo.gif

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I thought there was an option to give the characters tights or something like that? Just turn that on and play it, it looks like a pretty fun game and you won't have to worry about pantyshots turning you into a sexual deviant. Otherwise, I dunno, just don't play it? It's not like the scene will be all that big.

So, anyway. KOF XIII. What are the chances that Americans will pick up that game? The series was popular as all hell here in Brazil and the rest of South America, but I feel like even at its apex, it wasn't all that popular in the USA. Am I right? If it becomes somewhat popular, you'll start seeing a lot more of South Americans at big majors, I'd wager.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Dias posted:

So, anyway. KOF XIII. What are the chances that Americans will pick up that game? The series was popular as all hell here in Brazil and the rest of South America, but I feel like even at its apex, it wasn't all that popular in the USA. Am I right? If it becomes somewhat popular, you'll start seeing a lot more of South Americans at big majors, I'd wager.

There's apparently a lot of top SF players who are interested in it. There's really no telling if there'll be a scene for it here in the US though.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
:golfclap:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006

Dias posted:

I've been asking people in my area if they're planning to buy it and the general consensus seems to be that they'll give it a shot. I play near Sunnyvale too which is Street Fighter city so I have high hopes for it.

• Locked thread