Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
I actually came back to say I discovered GrabIt which does much of what I want (sans export to NZB) and is both good and free.

inpheaux posted:

Have you considered using Mysterbin's "browse" feature?

That seems like exactly what I need to fill the gaps left by the indexing sites, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Are there any big differences between the Linux and Windows versions of SABnzbd, Sick Beard, etc?

I've been running Linux (Ubuntu) virtual servers and I'm thinking about converting most of them to Windows (ie. Windows Server 2008 R2). I have a full MSDN membership so licensing isn't an issue but I'm wondering about the differences for SABnzbd, Sick Beard, etc.

Linux used to seem faster (and still is when dealing with lower-end hardware) but with sufficient power it seems like Windows servers might be the better choice for a Windows-centric home network.

(I'm also a .NET developer and my day job consists of working with Windows machines which is another reason it might make more sense for me to convert my servers to Windows)

Anyways... I'm just looking for some thoughts and opinions.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I and many others run everything on Win7x64 and have no issues. All this stuff is Python I think so it'll run wherever.

I have an i3-2100 and 8GB of ram in my HTPC, plenty of horsepower for everything I throw at it.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I finally bit the bullet and dicked around with getting Sickbeard to work over the weekend, and I had issues with getting the windows binaries to work (2008R2). I eventually said gently caress it to the binaries, installed python, manually installed the cheetah lib, and set up a batch file in the startup folder to call the python executable with the sickbeard.py as an argument.

I have no idea why I had issues with getting sickbeard to work a year ago, maybe it wasn't polished enough at that point for me to want to deal with it.

Goodbye lovely rss feeds!

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

devmd01 posted:

I finally bit the bullet and dicked around with getting Sickbeard to work over the weekend, and I had issues with getting the windows binaries to work (2008R2). I eventually said gently caress it to the binaries, installed python, manually installed the cheetah lib, and set up a batch file in the startup folder to call the python executable with the sickbeard.py as an argument.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Do the Windows versions of Sick Beard and Couch Potato support auto-updating via Git? (like the Linux versions)

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Vinlaen posted:

Do the Windows versions of Sick Beard and Couch Potato support auto-updating via Git? (like the Linux versions)

Nope, you're stuck manually upgrading on Windows. I'm not sure you can even do it if you use Git to download it on windows, unless you also have commandline Git in your $PATH.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

inpheaux posted:

Nope, you're stuck manually upgrading on Windows. I'm not sure you can even do it if you use Git to download it on windows, unless you also have commandline Git in your $PATH.

I downladed Sickbeard via git on windows and haven't had an issue updating it using the auto-updater. Apparently midgetspy showed back up because there was 27 updates the other day.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
So if I want the newest Sickbeard versions, I have to download from Git and compile from source?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm using Windows and can't remember how I initially set up Sickbeard, but yes, it auto-updates via git. I have msysgit installed: http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/

I don't have to do any manual compiling, though; I think it just runs from the Python scripts, no?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
nzbs.org is just loading a blank screen. I looked back a few pages and didn't see any mention of it (or at least one that I could understand). I've done the usual (cleared cookies/cache, restarted, etc), but it's doing it in firefox and IE.

Anything else I can do?

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!

Tide posted:

nzbs.org is just loading a blank screen. I looked back a few pages and didn't see any mention of it (or at least one that I could understand). I've done the usual (cleared cookies/cache, restarted, etc), but it's doing it in firefox and IE.

Anything else I can do?

Nope, this happens like once a week at minimum.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I did this, but ages ago. There were Windows versions of the required stuff in the Linux directions.

http://sickbeard.com/install.html

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ambushsabre posted:

Nope, this happens like once a week at minimum.

Ah okie dokie. I only use it about once or twice a week so I've never noticed it.

Thanks!

Evil Trout
Nov 16, 2004

The evilest trout of them all
So now that Notifo is shutting down what should I use for notifications to my phone when shows download from Sickbeard?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Evil Trout posted:

So now that Notifo is shutting down what should I use for notifications to my phone when shows download from Sickbeard?

I use Prowl for my iPhone. There's Growl support as well, which I think has an Android app if you're using that.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Evil Trout posted:

This is a bummer, app always worked great for this. I even made my own script to use it before it was integrated into sb. Prowl will work just fine but I wish SB could just send an email.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Evil Trout posted:

Which phone? I looked on github the other day and someone added support for some android notifier app.

Also does anyone know why midgetspy is not merging the commits on github? I don't know how github works really but it looks like people have really polished it but he is not pushing anything out.

Evil Trout
Nov 16, 2004

The evilest trout of them all

kri kri posted:

Which phone? I looked on github the other day and someone added support for some android notifier app.

Also does anyone know why midgetspy is not merging the commits on github? I don't know how github works really but it looks like people have really polished it but he is not pushing anything out.

I've got a couple of iOS devices. From the posts above Prowl looks like it will work well. I don't mind spending the $3 it seems to cost.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Evil Trout posted:

I've got a couple of iOS devices. From the posts above Prowl looks like it will work well. I don't mind spending the $3 it seems to cost.

I forgot to mention that Boxcar supports Prowl notifications, so if you already have that setup it might be a better option.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

kri kri posted:

I haven't talked to him in a few weeks but one of the responsibilities of a lead maintainer is to make sure that changes mesh with future planned code changes, to make sure that the code to merge doesn't break things, and basically look over the quality of the code. So...not only do some forks not meet those qualifications, but it takes time to review it. The more sweeping the changes the longer it takes.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Any ideas? This pops up after every system restart (Windows 7; SABnzbd v6.9), but is fixed by a complete uninstall/reinstall... until the next restart.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 20, 2011

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Evil Trout posted:

Boxcar has been pretty great for me.

Doughbaron
Apr 28, 2005
Well, I just found out Cox is instituting data caps in my area. They are soft as of now but it's only a matter of time before they start charging overages. With my household's use of Netflix, Hulu and Steam we are going to have a hard time keeping under the cap without even considering Usenet. It was fun while it lasted. The only ISP in the area now without caps is really slow DSL. I've cancelled my unlimited account and will just slowly eat away at my block account.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Doughbaron posted:

Well, I just found out Cox is instituting data caps in my area. They are soft as of now but it's only a matter of time before they start charging overages. With my household's use of Netflix, Hulu and Steam we are going to have a hard time keeping under the cap without even considering Usenet. It was fun while it lasted. The only ISP in the area now without caps is really slow DSL. I've cancelled my unlimited account and will just slowly eat away at my block account.

Where are you located? How low is the cap? I have Cox as well in Phoenix.

Doughbaron
Apr 28, 2005

Nask26 posted:

Where are you located? How low is the cap? I have Cox as well in Phoenix.

San Diego, the cap is 200gb. It's not that bad compared to a lot of places but still low for our use.

bobdigi
Oct 6, 2004
yea you know who is he
I have the 25mb package from Cox and the limit is 250gb up and down combined. Check this site to find out.
http://www.cox.com/policy/limitations.asp

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

bobdigi posted:

I have the 25mb package from Cox and the limit is 250gb up and down combined. Check this site to find out.

I had no idea cox even listed caps for Arizona. I average about 400gb a month and have never heard a peep from them. Thanks for the link.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

bobdigi posted:

They have had caps listed like that for over 2 years. Never gotten a word from them about it.

I'm also in Arizona.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Vykk.Draygo posted:

So if I want the newest Sickbeard versions, I have to download from Git and compile from source?

Unless you install python and run from source, yes.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

PirateDentist posted:

They have had caps listed like that for over 2 years. Never gotten a word from them about it.

I'm also in Arizona.
AT&T announced their caps back in March or something and only just started enforcing it few weeks ago in my particular area. I guess ISPs take time to roll these things out.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

so anyone using headphones ? https://github.com/rembo10/headphones

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

dj_pain posted:

I have tried it. Feels like it's still in the early stages, but it has potential for sure. Stopped using it when it suddenly started hogging 100% CPU for some reason.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

Aatrek posted:

Any ideas? This pops up after every system restart (Windows 7; SABnzbd v6.9), but is fixed by a complete uninstall/reinstall... until the next restart.

Sounds like something else is using port 80, but I don't know why uninstalling and installing would fix it until Windows restarts again.
Either way, when you get that message, just click OK and run this:
netstat -anb -p tcp

which will show you ports that are accepting connections along with the executable.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Could it be because I've got SABnzbd looking at my external IP for incoming connections (so I can access it remotely)?

Nothing else is using port 8080 (although Chrome, etc., is using port 80).

I can't even get SABnzbd to run, even post-startup, without a reinstall - so I can't compare the running service info to the other programs when I run that script.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

Aatrek posted:

Could it be because I've got SABnzbd looking at my external IP for incoming connections (so I can access it remotely)?

Nothing else is using port 8080 (although Chrome, etc., is using port 80).

I can't even get SABnzbd to run, even post-startup, without a reinstall - so I can't compare the running service info to the other programs when I run that script.

I'm at work so I can't check the configuration, but I think you should always listen at 0.0.0.0 (any) and then port forward any external traffic on port 80 (or whichever one you want to access through) from your router to your internal IP address.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

tunah posted:

I'm at work so I can't check the configuration, but I think you should always listen at 0.0.0.0 (any) and then port forward any external traffic on port 80 (or whichever one you want to access through) from your router to your internal IP address.

This is correct. It works for Sickbeard too (though you'd probably want to change the port).

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

dj_pain posted:

Yes I really like it. Its not getting 10 commits a day like before but I think he is working on the back end of it which is good because the detection before was not so good.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Okay, I think I've got it now... thanks, guys.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

FloydianOne posted:

I have to do this for every show that starts a new season.
I only had it happen for one show, it just refused to create the new season entry in the list.