Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tramii
Jun 22, 2005

He's a hawk. A hawk. Can't you tell just by looking at him?
More invites, just in case...

dTTqDu4d52GfK2uM
bVMcw9pszAnMWqEm
bghuUp9Cfufaa75L
dg23u2ye2fmFu6dh
cS23Dr7K5YtsZ9eu
aRJtJf3VDftGuCGw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
question for those who subscribe: does this open up the ability to play certain tracks that are greyed out on albums? I've noticed with a lot of jazz stuff on the Impulse label that only 1 or 2 tracks per album will actually be available to listen to. Just wondering if $4.99 a month would let me hear the entirety of Coltrane's Kulu Sé Mama, for example.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...

chime_on posted:

question for those who subscribe: does this open up the ability to play certain tracks that are greyed out on albums? I've noticed with a lot of jazz stuff on the Impulse label that only 1 or 2 tracks per album will actually be available to listen to. Just wondering if $4.99 a month would let me hear the entirety of Coltrane's Kulu Sé Mama, for example.

don't think so, those are region specific. for every track I'm amazed spotify actually has, there are 10 "wtf" tracks that they don't have.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

chime_on posted:

Nope, tons of greyed out tracks, especially on jazz albums. Its a shame, but they have enough of everything else I want to listen to for it to not be a problem.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Yeah, it seems like a nonsensical decision. I was searching for a song I listened to back in 2001 and after an hour of sifting through the band's albums I realized I had the "Hide unavailable tracks" option checked and there were two tracks unavailable to me, one of them being the one I was looking for. What sensible reason could drive such a decision?

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

lordfrikk posted:

Yeah, it seems like a nonsensical decision. I was searching for a song I listened to back in 2001 and after an hour of sifting through the band's albums I realized I had the "Hide unavailable tracks" option checked and there were two tracks unavailable to me, one of them being the one I was looking for. What sensible reason could drive such a decision?
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of record company executives?

Seriously though, I'm sure it has to do with some stupid licensing deal or another.

Kinuven
Dec 9, 2004

I'm getting my men.

Tramii posted:

More invites, just in case...

dTTqDu4d52GfK2uM
bVMcw9pszAnMWqEm

Used these two, thank you!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

lordfrikk posted:

What sensible reason could drive such a decision?

Somebody's lawyers were unable to get in touch with somebody else's lawyers or their estate's lawyers.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Earwicker posted:

Somebody's lawyers were unable to get in touch with somebody else's lawyers or their estate's lawyers.

Sort of yeah. Probably the song or songs have different songwriters (or rightsholders, whatever), which results in the difference.

Ironically, the problem may be that the rights AREN'T all consolidated at the label.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
EDIT: Probably some bullshit open tab. Apologies, carry on.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 7, 2011

Wartooth
May 31, 2011
Huh, Spotify had apparently turned on 'hide unplayable tracks' for me. There's a lot more greyed out tracks than a month ago on my 'starred' list. Also, I have these two songs that became greyed out pretty early when I starred them on my home computer but they still work when I visit my home town about 1 ˝ hours ride away.

Still, Spotify Premium is an invaluable tool for me at work, at least when I remember to listen to something that doesn't make me rock the gently caress out when I'm supposed to be reading some report or poo poo.

Oh, and have some invites:

ePVMS8pJyWV3eyY5

dV9568XLnR6rxAgF

Goony Goon
Mar 23, 2008

Wartooth posted:

Huh, Spotify had apparently turned on 'hide unplayable tracks' for me. There's a lot more greyed out tracks than a month ago on my 'starred' list. Also, I have these two songs that became greyed out pretty early when I starred them on my home computer but they still work when I visit my home town about 1 ˝ hours ride away.

Still, Spotify Premium is an invaluable tool for me at work, at least when I remember to listen to something that doesn't make me rock the gently caress out when I'm supposed to be reading some report or poo poo.

Oh, and have some invites:

ePVMS8pJyWV3eyY5

dV9568XLnR6rxAgF

Used the first one... thanks a lot!!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Finally gave in and bought premium.

In addition to the official app, if you use a Mac there's also a cool "Spotify Remote" app for iphone and ipad (don't know if it's out for android) so that you can remote control the spotify on your computer from your phone.

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

Zorkon posted:

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of record company executives?

Seriously though, I'm sure it has to do with some stupid licensing deal or another.

Early Spotify had a shitton of music that are now unavailable in different regions. Happened back in 2009 acctually.

So yeah, Spotify pre 2009 didn't have regional differences. On the other hand, Spotify 2011 have way, way more music.

Mello Yello
Dec 27, 2004

Let's Samurize, Guys!

Earwicker posted:

Finally gave in and bought premium.

In addition to the official app, if you use a Mac there's also a cool "Spotify Remote" app for iphone and ipad (don't know if it's out for android) so that you can remote control the spotify on your computer from your phone.

Gave in and bought premium as well. I run the android app and I seem to only be limited by my own imagination as far as what I want to listen to next. I like playing entire albums so this works real well.

I can't seem to find a random feature to just play random songs though, or any way to search for new playlists on the app. I'm limited to just what albums/artsits I can remember to listen to.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

Mello Yello posted:

I can't seem to find a random feature to just play random songs though, or any way to search for new playlists on the app. I'm limited to just what albums/artsits I can remember to listen to.

Yeah this is sort of frustrating, though I'm guessing they'll have a more developed playback/radio system in the future. In the meantime I think it's well worth the money.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Wish granted?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Drifter287 posted:

Wish granted?

This is pretty awesome, though it seems to have a bug where it randomly jumps to the next track in the middle of a song

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Drifter287 posted:

Wish granted?

This is rad!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That's what I've been waiting for, awesome.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Drifter287 posted:

Wish granted?
This is working pretty well, thanks!

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Drifter287 posted:

Wish granted?

This is pretty useful so far.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Running into a bunch of region restriction :(

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

totalnewbie posted:

Running into a bunch of region restriction :(

Yeah, me too. It's getting pretty old..

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Wartooth posted:

dV9568XLnR6rxAgF

Used this for a friend, thanks alot buddy.

edit: play my songs - get me mooooore royaltieeeeeesssssssss (I need a new preamp!)

Bulgaroktonos
Aug 24, 2010

by Lowtax
Everybody chill, I found the solutions to all of life's problems are on spotify.

Just click here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here,...

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008
Would Spotify get on my rear end for sharing my account with my dad? It would be an IP address across the country, not sure if that would send up any flags or not..

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Winszton posted:

Would Spotify get on my rear end for sharing my account with my dad? It would be an IP address across the country, not sure if that would send up any flags or not..

Wouldn't work. They've set it up so that while you can log in from multiple locations, you can only stream to one at a time. When a stream starts at a new location, anything else will pause.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Earwicker posted:

Also, I've noticed lately that the ads are all just ads for the paid version of Spotify, rather than the ads for playlists and new albums from various bands and such. Which of course means that they are having big problems selling their ads.
I was just noticing today that I heard way more ads for artists (including a couple new ones), hopefully that's a good sign for their ad sales.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Anyone having issues with Spotify mobile streaming?

Over the past three weeks both my girlfriend and I(AT&T iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS) are having shitloads of trouble streaming Spotify, on either quality settings. I have to reboot the app or my phone to get it to work, and that only helps about 40% of the time. A few hours later it'll work flawlessly.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Invites:

bMwLXHyt78gDHrkw
cdPZGp3TpD5xmHb
ccC2PLzLzNDUDAmM
c6augEwTLCCmgLSz
bt6YFDU7xRDU4eDR

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Drifter287 posted:

Wish granted?
Oh gently caress yes. Its not perfect yet (used it this morning and between song switches it would play a random song of the last opened playlist for a second or two), but compared to the build-in radio it's such an improvement.

9-Volt Assault fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 19, 2011

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Meldonox posted:

Invites:
ccC2PLzLzNDUDAmM

Thanks!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Is Spotify down? I can't log in.

e: That's weird, I can access the website and my phone can use Spotify but I can't on my Mac client.

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 22, 2011

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Spotify just updated for me to version 0.6.1.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Yeah, it now has facebook integration.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

So apparently Spotify is offering 6 months of premium free for new signups. Anyone know if there's a way to cash in on that if you've already signed up for premium?

*Edit*: http://lifehacker.com/5843210/spotify-is-no-longer-invite+only-gives-you-6-months-of-unlimited-listening-for-free

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Can anyone host/post the (free) Spotify Android app? I'm not in the US, so it won't let me download it from the market.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

If you enable the new version of your facebook profile - the "timeline" version, you can see the full spotify integration, which uses the new "verb" functionality (wherein any verb can be a button, not just "like") IMO it is actually pretty cool, though they need to prevent it from automatically sending every track you listen to into the news ticker.

Here is how to enable the new profile:

http://mashable.com/2011/09/22/how-to-facebook-timeline/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabe
Nov 18, 2006

APPLE IS A SHIT COMPANY GOD I WISH THEY WOULD JUST GO DIE OR SOMETHING JEEZ

Doesn't seem to work here. Have timeline enabled but I can't seem to get it to stream :-( I have an UK Spotify and a Belgian Facebook, so that's likely the reason.

Can someone with an UK account & IP adress tell me if facebook integration is working for them?

• Locked thread