Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

Elos posted:

I really should take a better picture but :effort:

Portrait 22" owns by the way.

Sup portrait 22" buddy? :hfive:

My half of our home office. My chair has fallen into such disrepair that covering it with a blanket became necessary. Also don't mind the fallout map held in place by electrical tape. Everything is cobbled together, but everything is where I need it, and there's a beer fridge right behind me for when customers get frustrating. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elos
Jan 8, 2009

Bob Morales posted:

I tried it but the viewing angles didn't work. Plus I think it was weird because of the font anti-aliasing (OS X). I'm using a Viewsonic VG2236wm-LED
I had to slap mine on a monitor arm so I could rotate it counterclockwise to make the viewing angles work (blocking the two USB-ports in the process). It isn't perfect but it'll do until I can afford a second 24" and a bigger table.

TheRevolution1
Sep 21, 2011

There's my desktop, minus chair, overall I'm happy with how it turned out. There's not much space, but I rarely use the printer anyways and I've gotten used to using the mouse on a different level as the keyboard.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Yeah, I wish that Summera keyboard tray was wider. Right now I have my keyboard hanging over to the left to accomodate the mouse+mousepad on the right. It's sturdy enough that pressing WASD during games doesn't flip the keyboard over or anything. Oh, and nice AD-700 + Zalman mic gaming setup.

TheRevolution1
Sep 21, 2011

Constellation I posted:

Yeah, I wish that Summera keyboard tray was wider. Right now I have my keyboard hanging over to the left to accomodate the mouse+mousepad on the right. It's sturdy enough that pressing WASD during games doesn't flip the keyboard over or anything. Oh, and nice AD-700 + Zalman mic gaming setup.

Even if I had the space I probably wouldn't put my mouse on the tray. The G500 sensor doesn't seem to track well on soft surfaces and I don't have a hard mousepad. I got the ad700 cause I was looking into getting an entry level audiophile headphone so I thought I might as well get something that's good for gaming as well. Probably would have gotten m50s or grado sr80i instead if I only needed them for music.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

woot fatigue posted:

Isolation Chamber by woot fatigue, on Flickr

This is my 'sperg-cave. There are usually two prints on the main wall under the left and right lights, but I'm currently showing them at a gallery.
What's that wall paint color called? I've sort of a fetish for oak colored stuff, but I've yet to find a proper wall paint. Right now, it's sand colored, and found it to look like poo poo a while ago. I've meanwhile decided to settled for something called Rum Caramel 1 from Dulux, which is a similar (same?) tone.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 25, 2011

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

He mentioned it in the GBS thread, but I'm too lazy to find the post. He can correct me if I'm wrong: I believe it's Behr's Amazon Stone.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Looking it up on Behr's site, it seems to match the photo. Thanks!

--edit:

Here's mine. Nothing special.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 25, 2011

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Crap pic of my new goon approved battlestation, practically everything recommended by Somethingawful.com

The Ikea desk rules, but not so pleased with the chair; the seat cushion is too short.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

tripsevens posted:

Crap pic of my new goon approved battlestation, practically everything recommended by Somethingawful.com

The Ikea desk rules, but not so pleased with the chair; the seat cushion is too short.

Did you just buy the big L-Section and then two end-pieces?

Chompsky Honk
Aug 28, 2009

by T. Finninho

tripsevens posted:

How do you like your Subaru?

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
My triple mount was only 60$ after shipping on amazon. Apparently they don t sell it anymore which is unfortunate.

The rest of my desk and two of those monitors were found on the side of the road.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Tab8715 posted:

Did you just buy the big L-Section and then two end-pieces?

It's a Galant Left L-Section with 1 half round and 1 quarter round for the ends.

The end pieces tend to rub when putting weight on the desk making an annoying squeaking sound so I pounded a thin metal washer in between the mating surfaces and voila, sweet, sweet silence.

Also, I don't know how it would hold together if you had to disassemble it for moving.
Probably not well as the whole thing is held together with nylon inserts.

BigPoopMayor posted:

How do you like your Subaru?

Legacy 2007 is classic Subaru. Great mechanicals, crap trim.

smooth jazz fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 26, 2011

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
Don't mind the cables, I'm planning on moving in a few months and will set everything up all nice.

Monitors are a 28" Hanns-G and two Dell 2001fpw's switched to vertical.

On the shelves above I have my receiver hooked up to my Klipsch 5.1 speakers and a velodyne 500w sub below. I have one tower below the desk and two towers behind the monitors. One desktop/gaming machine, a virtualization/test lab machine and a FreeBSD file server with ZFS.

Sorry for the lovely cell phone pic.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Work desktop.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Bucket Joneses posted:

Work desktop.

Do your arms ever cramp up 'cause of that keyboard (especially in a work environment)? As much as I love Apple products, their input device designs have always been very unergonomic-looking, so I stray away from them.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!
woot fatigue that's amazing, one day I want my living room to look like that, so minimal, so effective!

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

krnhotwings posted:

As much as I love Apple products, their input device designs have always been very unergonomic-looking, so I stray away from them.

That's because they are uncomfortable. I've replaced almost every apple keyboard and mouse I could (basically anything that isn't a laptop).

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

krnhotwings posted:

Do your arms ever cramp up 'cause of that keyboard (especially in a work environment)? As much as I love Apple products, their input device designs have always been very unergonomic-looking, so I stray away from them.

That keyboard is drat fine. I wish I had the numpad-less one so it would be exactly like my laptops.

Ossetepo
Mar 12, 2011

Bob Morales posted:

That keyboard is drat fine. I wish I had the numpad-less one so it would be exactly like my laptops.

I had the tenkeyless version of that exact keyboard, and it had absolutely the worst rollover/jamming of any keyboard I have ever used. I'm not sure if my model was defective or if it's just a general design flaw, but pressing any single non-modifier key on any row would jam every other non-modifier key on that row, and pressing any two non-modifier keys on the board would jam every other non-modifier key on the board.

It is now in a landfill somewhere.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
My biggest gripe with the apple keyboards is that the edges can be razor sharp, which can gash into your wrists really good when reaching down to the Ctrl keys.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

krnhotwings posted:

Nah I don't ever have any issues. I will say that having a magic mouse and a magic pad is overkill to the highest degree.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Pweller posted:

My biggest gripe with the apple keyboards is that the edges can be razor sharp, which can gash into your wrists really good when reaching down to the Ctrl keys.

Mine is that the texture on the aluminum 'scrapes' the tips of my fingernails. It's fine unless I get goony and don't cut my nails for over a week.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I don't think I ever even touch the metal part of the keyboard...

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast
You're clearly typing on it wrong.
No big deal.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Bucket Joneses posted:

I don't think I ever even touch the metal part of the keyboard...

I don't do it with every keypress or anything but it happens every once in a while

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

tripsevens posted:

I see no door in range, but there is a door stopper on your wall.

:confused:

Also, I dig your external HD setup. How are you powering the fans?

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Ziploc posted:

I see no door in range, but there is a door stopper on your wall.

:confused:

Also, I dig your external HD setup. How are you powering the fans?

In order to fit the sweet Ikea desk, I had to change the way that door opened. Never thought about the doorstop until you mentioned it...

The cool external HDD setup unfortunately isn't. It's a spare fan on top of my old HDD.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
I couldn't really find a desk I liked or was willing to spend money on, so I decided to go the DIY route. I just happened to have a left over bottom cabinet from a Ikea kitchen install I did, and was lucky enough to exchange the door fronts for plain white. All the wood is left overs from a few jobs, so I only had to pay for the paint/stain/poly ect. Very minimal cost.

P1000917 by Reggie Died, on Flickr

P1000915 by Reggie Died, on Flickr

I also built a computer/printer stand. It was a failed coffee table (first woodworking try), so quickly converted it to a makeshift stand.

P1000912 by Reggie Died, on Flickr

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

What kind of wood is that? The grain is dead sexy.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004

tripsevens posted:

What kind of wood is that? The grain is dead sexy.

The desk is pine, the stand is cedar.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Already posted once before, but now it's the other way! Go me!

And yes, the Vika Ikea tabletops do suck. Two thin pieces of wood with honeycomb cardboard in between. Tapping on the desk makes the whole thing echo. And it wobbles. When I'm rich I'll buy a desk made of solid particleboard.

Granite Octopus fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 10, 2011

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Granite Octopus posted:

And yes, the Vika Ikea tabletops do suck. Two thin pieces of wood with honeycomb cardboard in between. Tapping on the desk makes the whole thing echo. And it wobbles. When I'm rich I'll buy a desk made of solid particleboard.

Sup lovely Vika tabletop bro. Ever since I screwed in a cable holder to the bottom, leaning down on it produces a horrible crunching noise from the cardboard within. It's wobbly and I think slightly bent in the middle (if I tap one edge of my keyboard, the other side pops up). Pretty sure it'll collapse someday, taking $1400ish in consumer electronics with it.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Reggie Died posted:

The desk is pine, the stand is cedar.

Pine eh? Shows what I know (Yep, it's wood).

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Anal Volcano posted:

Sup lovely Vika tabletop bro. Ever since I screwed in a cable holder to the bottom, leaning down on it produces a horrible crunching noise from the cardboard within. It's wobbly and I think slightly bent in the middle (if I tap one edge of my keyboard, the other side pops up). Pretty sure it'll collapse someday, taking $1400ish in consumer electronics with it.

Yeah Ikea furniture isn't solid wood which is great for costs (low weight means it's cheap to transport), but pretty much as soon as you drill a hole it starts to disintegrate.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Granite Octopus posted:

My what a large dick you have.

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime

Granite Octopus posted:

I don't suppose that's a Soviet-era Vostok watch you have there, is it?

Null Set
Nov 5, 2007

the dog represents disdain

Not pictured: cable hell in the lower left.

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004
- Headset is Corsair HS-1
- Keyboard is Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
- Mouse is Razer DeathAdder
- Monitors are ASUS VW246H
- Speakers are Logitech Z-2300

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

muskrat posted:

- Headset is Corsair HS-1
- Keyboard is Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
- Mouse is Razer DeathAdder
- Monitors are ASUS VW246H
- Speakers are Logitech Z-2300

What kind of cocoa?