Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Ferroque posted:

One time I dug a big bedrock hole. Never again.

You know, it'd be hilarious to do this the exact size of a chunk in the water, so unsuspecting people think a chunk hasn't loaded and continue boating over top, only to plummet to their deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moondust
Feb 3, 2011

Mo' Problems

Furnok Dorn posted:

You know, it'd be hilarious to do this the exact size of a chunk in the water, so unsuspecting people think a chunk hasn't loaded and continue boating over top, only to plummet to their deaths.

I've wanted to, on one of my own servers, delete the blocks of a chunk so that you know, lava and water blocks don't flow down into the hole. Then, at the bottom, have a little spot where you could fall into some water and access a Secret Lair! :black101:

ed:

Frobbe posted:

why's there a flipped over car in that car park. is it a yugo?

Griefers, man, flippin' cars because they can't flip cows. :smith:

moondust fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 27, 2011

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

A Sassy Dog posted:

Welcome to my world.

A man can dream.. a man can dream..

why's there a flipped over car in that car park. is it a yugo?

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Furnok Dorn posted:

I did this.

You're right it is a rite of passage. Its exactly one chunk.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Senator Woofington posted:

I did this.

You're right it is a rite of passage. Its exactly one chunk.

Haha I fell for that when you did it. Actually I think you led me straight to it...it was pay back for digging out the center of the bulls eye huh?

Dwayne Bensey
Jan 7, 2010
I don't know if there's a mod with this in it, but a cool feature might be to be able to add torches to arrows (in place of flint on the crafting square) so that when you're exploring some cavernous abandoned mine, you can fire some ahead of you and have them stick to the walls, lighting up the surrounding area.

Also TNT arrows.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So it looks like Mojang and Bethesda are not going to have their little Quake duel to settle this case.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/27/bethesda-tells-mojang-to-lay-down-its-virtual-guns-lawyer-up-fo/

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Dwayne Bensey posted:

I don't know if there's a mod with this in it, but a cool feature might be to be able to add torches to arrows (in place of flint on the crafting square) so that when you're exploring some cavernous abandoned mine, you can fire some ahead of you and have them stick to the walls, lighting up the surrounding area.

Also TNT arrows.

Or holding a torch lights up the immediate area around you.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Here's a download for the tiny-huge house I posted earlier.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fmm3fn04d6on2xh

I recommend playing on the highest brightness setting.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Huh, just noticed that in creative mode you can actually fly above the 128 height limit.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
edit: /\/\/\/\/\ that's really always been the case. Even with the old "fly.jar" you could fly above the build limit (hence why you could even walk on tiles built at the build limit (if you think about it)).

IUG posted:

So it looks like Mojang and Bethesda are not going to have their little Quake duel to settle this case.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/27/bethesda-tells-mojang-to-lay-down-its-virtual-guns-lawyer-up-fo/

I've held my tongue this entire time regarding the litigation between Bethesda and Mojang. Now though, it just strikes me as complete Bullshit. I mean common an Indie Developer comes up with a game called "Scrolls." Bethesda is known for "The Elder Scrolls," (TES). So they think "HOLY poo poo! He's the name of his game is in the name or our game! CALL THE LAWYER!" Jesus people come on. Are you telling me if another company comes along making "Elder," that Bethesda is going to jump down their throat as well? I seriously hope the judge over this case Slaps the poo poo out of Bethesda and asks "Are you loving retarded?"

However if the judge rules in favor of Bethesda, then all game developers take note! Don't name your games any of the below:

Mass
Elder
Effect
Star
War
Jade
Empire
Vegas
Demon
Forge
or any other loving word which comprises another game title.

Ok..Off my soap box.

Also about the mods and poo poo. You'll get a better reception discussing mod topic stuff here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3430195

And from what I can remember there used to be mods doing all of those things.

edit: \/\/\/ fixed....

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 28, 2011

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Arkitektbmw posted:

edit: /\/\/\/\/\ that's really always been the case. Even with the old "fly.jar" you could fly above the build limit (hence why you could even walk on tiles built at the build limit (if you think about it)).

I've held my tongue this entire time regarding the litigation between Bethesda and Mojang. Now though, it just strikes me as complete Bullshit. I mean common an Indie Developer comes up with a game called "Scrolls." Bethesda is known for "The Elder Scrolls," (TES). So they think "HOLY poo poo! He's the name of his game is in the name or our game! CALL THE LAWYER!" Jesus people common. Are you telling me if another company comes along making "Elder," that Bethesda is going to jump down their throat as well? I seriously hope the judge over this case Slaps the poo poo out of Bethesda and asks "Are you loving retarded?"

However if the judge rules in favor of Bethesda, then all game developers take note! Don't name your games any of the below:

Mass
Elder
Effect
Star
War
Jade
Empire
Vegas
Demon
Forge

Ok..Off my soap box.

Also about the mods and poo poo. You'll get a better reception discussing mod topic stuff here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3430195

And from what I can remember there used to be mods doing all of those things.

Next time you get on your soap box please never say common when you mean come on, it's not even remotely right and it's unreadable.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

change my name posted:

Haha lost shard is going to be completely broken once we get actual spells and repair skills and poo poo like that
You severely underestimate Lucid. He'll just recompile bukkit and remove the references.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Is there a trick to getting chicken farms started, or is it just trial and error with the eggs you happen to find?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Pocket Billiards posted:

Is there a trick to getting chicken farms started, or is it just trial and error with the eggs you happen to find?

Throw a bunch of eggs until chickens pop out, get their eggs and throw them, infinite chickens.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

Arkitektbmw posted:

Jesus people common.

Jesus people are indeed common.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Arkitektbmw posted:

And may god have mercy on your soul if you happen to put 'Edge' in your title.

(Except, of course, poo poo like this has already been tossed out of court. This is a really terrible idea on Bethesda's part, since it not only isn't likely to succeed, but it also fosters bad will for their company.)

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I really, really hope the whole thing ultimately turns into a PR disaster for Bethesda. The lawsuit is just an incredibly petty, bullying, uncalled-for move on their part.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Arkitektbmw posted:

Haha I fell for that when you did it. Actually I think you led me straight to it...it was pay back for digging out the center of the bulls eye huh?

You know it babe!

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

glug posted:

Next time you get on your soap box please never say common when you mean come on, it's not even remotely right and it's unreadable.

Thanks for that. Posted from a phone (spell check strikes again).

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 28, 2011

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So I'm pretty sad right now. I figured out everything I needed to do. I was going to make one of those nifty door-hidden-in-a-wall things you can make with pistons now. Right as I pushed the button to try and make it work, the screen cleared, the game said "saving chunks", then turned black. Restarting does the same thing, I go to load my map and it hangs at "saving chunks" then goes black. I can open the map in MCEdit and do things, however.

Is my save hosed? I really didn't want to have to start over on my island paradise... :ohdear:

EDIT: Nevermind. I opened up the world in MCEdit and deleted the pistons and that fixed it. Thank god.

EDIT2: Yup, definately an issue with the pistons. drat. Need to make sure they don't intersect oddly when the door opens and closes...

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 28, 2011

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mr. Peepers posted:

I really, really hope the whole thing ultimately turns into a PR disaster for Bethesda. The lawsuit is just an incredibly petty, bullying, uncalled-for move on their part.

I hope that Mojang's lawyers open up their briefcase for their paperwork and it's all rolled up when they take the paper out.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

So has Bethesda actually released any sort of vicious press release about this or are they just going through the motions as fast as possible because they know they have to at least try to defend their trademark to set a precedent ??

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

IUG posted:

I hope that Mojang's lawyers open up their briefcase for their paperwork and it's all rolled up when they take the paper out.

I hope Mojang took this seriously enough to get lawyers.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Can't they just hand Bethesda a big sack of money and forget this ever happened? I'm sure by now they realize they're getting a bunch of bad publicity from this. Of course pulling out without any compensation would look even worse.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Arkitektbmw posted:

:qq: ensues

What's funny is that your point is completely null because Bethesda's developing studio is not in charge of the law-based portion of their company, and therefore the Bethesda everyone knows and loves has no part in this and they in fact find the lawsuit pointless, but they can't do much to stop it now that Mojang has made it known, paraded it around, joked about it like it was no big deal, and then agreed to take it to court! It's really funny how nobody seems to know this (read: annoying)! And as well, Bethesda's law office has no case because "Scrolls" is not "The Elder Scrolls" and as long as Mojang acknowledges that TES is a thing that exists and they respect the right to not steal any of their poo poo, Mojang will likely come out of this lawsuit with an undeserving sense of pride!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 28, 2011

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What in the hell is going on? I've tried building a railroad stop up to a village near my house, but the part of the track right next to the village keeps disappearing! I've lost two stacks of stone brick plus rails/powered rails. I leave and come back without quitting the game and it is just gone!

Bicehunter
Jul 8, 2010

CJacobs posted:

What's funny is that your point is completely null because Bethesda's developing studio is not in charge of the law-based portion of their company, and therefore the Bethesda everyone knows and loves has no part in this and they in fact find the lawsuit pointless, but they can't do much to stop it now that Mojang has made it known, paraded it around, joked about it like it was no big deal, and then agreed to take it to court! It's really funny how nobody seems to know this (read: annoying)! And as well, Bethesda's law office has no case because "Scrolls" is not "The Elder Scrolls" and as long as Mojang acknowledges that TES is a thing that exists and they respect the right to not steal any of their poo poo, Mojang will likely come out of this lawsuit with an undeserving sense of pride!

So, what you are saying is that it isn't the programmers suing, it is the lawyers? Wow, great insight.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Drox posted:

What in the hell is going on? I've tried building a railroad stop up to a village near my house, but the part of the track right next to the village keeps disappearing! I've lost two stacks of stone brick plus rails/powered rails. I leave and come back without quitting the game and it is just gone!

Endermen stealing them to make their own train station?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

HYMEN.SYS posted:

I hope Mojang took this seriously enough to get lawyers.

Notch has been blogging about his lawyer(s?) sending their lawyers mail, and they sending more mail back, etc.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Internet Kraken posted:

Endermen stealing them to make their own train station?

Stealing 200+ bricks fences and rails? :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bicehunter posted:

So, what you are saying is that it isn't the programmers suing, it is the lawyers? Wow, great insight.

And yet somehow everyone un-ironically and non-sarcastically ignores it and blames the whole company! I'm not defending Bethesda's lawyers TOO hard because I mean, it's still a really dumb thing to sue over, but still, both sides have terrible points and the lawsuit makes no sense in the first place, and Mojang parading it around just makes it worse.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

CJacobs posted:

And yet somehow everyone un-ironically and non-sarcastically ignores it and blames the whole company! I'm not defending Bethesda's lawyers TOO hard because I mean, it's still a really dumb thing to sue over, but still, both sides have terrible points and the lawsuit makes no sense in the first place, and Mojang parading it around just makes it worse.

Mojang, despite its success with Minecraft, is still an indie developer. Any press is good press.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

CJacobs posted:

And why would you assume everyone "knows and loves" Bethesda, and why is that relevant anyway. I don't know them or give a drat about them. I just know it's a pointless and frivolous lawsuit.

And it's hilarious how you seem to be implying that Bethesda is doing Mojang a favor by suing them because they'll have "a sense of pride".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Schweinhund posted:

And why would you assume everyone "knows and loves" Bethesda, and why is that relevant anyway. I don't know them or give a drat about them. I just know it's a pointless and frivolous lawsuit.

And it's hilarious how you seem to be implying that Bethesda is doing Mojang a favor by suing them because they'll have "a sense of pride".

You apparently did not read the word 'undeserving'! Nobody is doing anyone any favors because, like I said,

quote:

both sides have terrible points and the lawsuit makes no sense in the first place.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

You do realize that if you have lawyers on retainer they will do what you ask of them don't you. They aren't automated defense turrets.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Drox posted:

Don't use iPeer's Threaded Lag Fix mod.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:

CJacobs posted:

What is Mojang's terrible point exactly? Notch has actually personally said that it's Zenimax (or whoever). He has said he's excited about Skyrim and told people not to boycott it over the stupid poo poo their lawyers are doing. If people miss that point that's their problem, not Mojang's or Notch's. Kind of like how the dumb lawsuit isn't really related to Bethesda. It's a dumb lawsuit and mocking it as publicly as possible is the correct response.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

pseudorandom name posted:

Don't use iPeer's Threaded Lag Fix mod.

What do I use instead? The other one didn't work and the game was unplayable without.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Jervas Dudley posted:

What is Mojang's terrible point exactly? Notch has actually personally said that it's Zenimax (or whoever). He has said he's excited about Skyrim and told people not to boycott it over the stupid poo poo their lawyers are doing. If people miss that point that's their problem, not Mojang's or Notch's. Kind of like how the dumb lawsuit isn't really related to Bethesda. It's a dumb lawsuit and mocking it as publicly as possible is the correct response.

But PROFESSIONALISM :byodood: