Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ElNarez posted:

Not as long as Family Guy is on the air I'm afraid. Let me present Exhibit A, from last Sunday's season premiere. MAD has the merits of using mildly relevant material, doing something creative with said material and acknowledging that these memes are pretty stupid.

Why does this go on for nearly 40 seconds? Why can't Family Guy let a joke be quick, why do they have to have the joke go on and on and on? Whyyy WHYYYYYY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Macaluso posted:

Why does this go on for nearly 40 seconds? Why can't Family Guy let a joke be quick, why do they have to have the joke go on and on and on? Whyyy WHYYYYYY

And this is why I DVR Family Guy, you can fast forward through that bullshit. Actually I'm not even sure why I still DVR it in the first place.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

dylan14 posted:

Apparently this was a real segment that was on MAD this last Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gufXf67qBcc
:stare:

This is animated pretty well.

Pity it's poo poo in every other way that counts.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

And this is why I DVR Family Guy, you can fast forward through that bullshit. Actually I'm not even sure why I still DVR it in the first place.

American Dad on the other hand is still hysterical.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

readingatwork posted:

American Dad on the other hand is still hysterical.

AD was always the better show. Even Cleveland is usually better than Family Guy at this point.

JammyLammy
Dec 23, 2009

IRQ posted:

AD was always the better show.

It started off pretty rough, the first couple episodes are pretty painful to watch. Then eventually the jokes moved from "conservatives, lol" to "family who happens to be conservative that get into wacky hijinks" which made the show far better.

There's only so many times you can throw out a "conservatives, lol" joke before it gets stale.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Welp episode 3 of ponies has a description up

Hyper-organized Twilight panics when she can’t find a lesson about friendship for her weekly letter to Princess Celestia. Another mental breakdown episode, it should be glorious!

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

ElNarez posted:

Not as long as Family Guy is on the air I'm afraid. Let me present Exhibit A, from last Sunday's season premiere. MAD has the merits of using mildly relevant material, doing something creative with said material and acknowledging that these memes are pretty stupid.

Clip's down. Can someone describe it? Family Guy has been garbage to me ever since it got resurrected, and seeing or hearing about the moronic poo poo it pulls is both infuriating and fascinating.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

Behonkiss posted:

Clip's down. Can someone describe it? Family Guy has been garbage to me ever since it got resurrected, and seeing or hearing about the moronic poo poo it pulls is both infuriating and fascinating.

The waiter is the Trololo Man and they all sing the song for about two minutes. The punchline (such as it is) is something to the effect of, "Nice guy. Too bad all his kids are stillborn."

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Vaerai Archon posted:

So the end of the Season 2 two-parter for MLP was a parody of a New Hope complete with awkward facial expression exchanges, they even played a similar piece of music for the sequence.
On that note, a friend of mine pointed this out to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5hV-HKoFyU#t=16m38s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaVz5djS26c&t=5m23s

Liking the implied pun there.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
Disney Channel's latest live-action sitcom has a name and description that sounds like a parody of Disney Channel sitcoms. AND YET DOG WITH A BLOG IS REAL.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

mobo85 posted:

Disney Channel's latest live-action sitcom has a name and description that sounds like a parody of Disney Channel sitcoms. AND YET DOG WITH A BLOG IS REAL.

Dog mans blog
Man blogs dog
Dog blogs man
Blog dogs man

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Because to some (very stupid) people, the funny part is the awkwardness that comes out of dragging the joke on forever. I wish I were kidding.

mobo85 posted:

The title sounds like something created from a create-a-Diablo Cody line generator.

By the way, remember that link about Brenda Song being pregnant by Miley Cyrus' freakish-looking half brother? False alarm, apparently- she's not pregnant after all. :shobon:

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

By the way, remember that link about Brenda Song being pregnant by Miley Cyrus' freakish-looking half brother? False alarm, apparently- she's not pregnant after all. :shobon:

That would explain why I hadn't heard anything about it since, as well as why my Disney Channel-loving sister never mentioned it.

In other news, the "brony" movement continues to embarrass itself.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Behonkiss posted:

That would explain why I hadn't heard anything about it since, as well as why my Disney Channel-loving sister never mentioned it.

That is more or less terrifying. You half expect them to be on a protest.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

mobo85 posted:

That article posted:

Dog With A Blog centers on 15-year-old Tyler and Kayla, who have just become step-siblings but don’t get along because they’re very different: Tyler is popular, social and gets by on his looks, while Kayla is super smart, socially responsible and despises guys like Tyler.

Blogging dog aside, that premise sounds incredibly similar to some other show that Disney already made but I can't remember the name of...

e: Found it. It's Life with Derek with 100% more blogging dogs.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Behonkiss posted:

Some people really need to learn that there's certain things that should stay on the internet.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

IRQ posted:

Some people really need to learn that there's certain things that should stay on the internet.

One of those people is the team that makes MAD.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Behonkiss posted:

could not make it past ~oh fluttershy~

I wonder if Lauren Faust sees poo poo like this and considers ending it all.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Behonkiss posted:

The little kid on the bike at 1:22 who yells out "NERRRRDS!" as he passes them is a goddam national treasure :ranbowdash:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yonic Symbolism posted:

could not make it past ~oh fluttershy~

I wonder if Lauren Faust sees poo poo like this and considers ending it all.

She already quit the show.

I actually made it to where they started doing something that I think was intended to be singing. It made my brain bleed. I then skipped ahead to where they complete their journey to Pizza Hut. 2 pizzas and breadsticks, for the 5(I think) of them. Yep.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 2, 2011

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Behonkiss posted:

You know I quite honestly believe this is a staged joke. Something about it feels really off with me. It feels kind of like Jackass without the being funny at the end.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'm a pony fan and that video just makes me want to bash my head against the wall repeatedly. And that's after only seeing the first five seconds and then closing it in disgust.

Me absolutely hating the word "brony" aside, anyone who uses "everypony" in real life needs a solid punch in the face. Do they not GET how utterly stupid it makes them sound? Though given what I hear occurs later in the video, "not appearing stupid" doesn't appear to be a top priority for them.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

I'm a pony fan and that video just makes me want to bash my head against the wall repeatedly. And that's after only seeing the first five seconds and then closing it in disgust.

Me absolutely hating the word "brony" aside, anyone who uses "everypony" in real life needs a solid punch in the face. Do they not GET how utterly stupid it makes them sound? Though given what I hear occurs later in the video, "not appearing stupid" doesn't appear to be a top priority for them.

It's like those people who think Digimon are real. I love digimon and everything, but come on. That's taking wish fulfillment a little too far.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Behonkiss posted:

Clicked link, heard "Hello everypony", clicked X.

mobo85 posted:

Well to be fair, this thing does exist.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mobo85 posted:

This is not the legacy Wishbone would have wanted :colbert:

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Magnus Condomus posted:

It's like those people who think Digimon are real. I love digimon and everything, but come on. That's taking wish fulfillment a little too far.

I remember liking that show.........anyone remember how it ended??

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

max4me posted:

Which season? There was five.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

max4me posted:

The only season I actively remember is the Third one, which was called Digimon Tamers in Japan. Mostly because Chiaki J. Konaka is a mad man.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Behonkiss posted:

Stopped at "everypony." I don't even want to know what the rest of the video is like. Hilarious though that it's featured on the Mega64ums.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Holy Hell, that's the first youtube video I've seen in a while with a majority vote of thumbs down.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Neo Helbeast posted:

Which season? There was five.

It's still running in japan :shobon:
They're on season 7.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Sockser posted:

It's still running in japan :shobon:
They're on season 7.

I was going to say "man that's lame" but looking it apparently went back to the lighter tone that the first 2 seasons had. Sounds kind of nice. And I mean it can't be as half baked as series 4.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Fishylungs posted:

I was going to say "man that's lame" but looking it apparently went back to the lighter tone that the first 2 seasons had. Sounds kind of nice. And I mean it can't be as half baked as series 4.

I think I watched like two episodes of Season 5 when it aired in the states and it was pretty okay.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Sockser posted:

I think I watched like two episodes of Season 5 when it aired in the states and it was pretty okay.

Season 5 had the funniest censor changes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhFw20MsBB0

Season 4 was the one where they did away with the companion creature aspect right? Suddenly they just turn into digimon warriors or something. That was really awful.

One of the reasons I liked season 3 was they did away with the fighting by proxy mechanic. The human kids get down and dirty as the season went on, instead of just standing around screaming.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Magnus Condomus posted:

Season 5 had the funniest censor changes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhFw20MsBB0

ahahah this loving rules

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
But season 5 had the lead character beating the ever-lovin' gently caress out of Digimon so it's clearly the best season.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

TwoPair posted:

But season 5 had the lead character beating the ever-lovin' gently caress out of Digimon so it's clearly the best season.

Season 2 is the only one I know of to have puppy kicking, though.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Behonkiss posted:

Season 2 is the only one I know of to have puppy kicking, though.

Season 3 does have someone get completely hosed over by a hand puppet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Please tell me he doesn't have some sort of magic punch and it really is just him punchy the gently caress out of Digimon like it's no big deal.

This also makes me really wish I could play Digimon World 1 again. I wish they had another game similar to that. :(