Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

mrwuss posted:

Can that not be rectified by notch, easily? Can't blocks just take up another byte to use for this?

If you want to increase the memory footprint, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Taffer posted:

The farm is still incomplete. We're going to add other animals on the other levels once notch properly adds animal breeding, and then plants on top :V

(I helped build the one in the video)

You guys aren't playing on the pre-release? I have some animal pens in my chicken farm. Its nice but drat does having all those animals so close lag the gently caress outta the server when that chunk is active.

I might make a video of mine later but eh.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Senator Woofington posted:

You guys aren't playing on the pre-release? I have some animal pens in my chicken farm. Its nice but drat does having all those animals so close lag the gently caress outta the server when that chunk is active.

You guys on pre-release? I may just have to hop on

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Arkitektbmw posted:

You guys on pre-release? I may just have to hop on

Yeah we're on the latest pre-release.

Also whenever I fullscreen now I just get a black screen, anyone know how to fix this? Java is indeed updated.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Senator Woofington posted:

Nah, just keeping things stable for now.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Is there any way to revert to a previous version of Minecraft? I still can't get 1.8.1 to work (yes I've tried whatever it is you are going to suggest, don't bother). I just want to build stupid poo poo in 1.7.3 at this point.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

GenericOverusedName posted:

Is there any way to revert to a previous version of Minecraft? I still can't get 1.8.1 to work (yes I've tried whatever it is you are going to suggest, don't bother). I just want to build stupid poo poo in 1.7.3 at this point.

Try MCNostalgia:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/106402-tool-cyborgs-tools-mcnostalgia-104/

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Taffer posted:

Nah, just keeping things stable for now.

While I wouldn't say it runs better (in fact it probably definitely runs a bit worse both from a server and client perspective) but it is stable, we've never had a crash.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Xaiter posted:

This is a thing we made. It features chickens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYY2oYHXasE

Martin Sheen?

Howmuch
Apr 29, 2008

Mr. Peepers posted:

Martin Sheen?

Thank you. I was wondering who that was he got to do the commentary on that video.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Jesus, I'm just never going to get used to how huge the underground is now. The old caverns were challenging but manageable with the use of markers, these just go on and on and on and on. I'm currently inching my way along the edge of a ravine praying I don't plummet into the lava below, I have no idea which way the exit is anymore and I have no idea if I'll ever see the surface again. Just digging up isn't really an option anymore since dumping an entire ocean on your head is no longer a thing you can just shrug off.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Zoe posted:

Jesus, I'm just never going to get used to how huge the underground is now. The old caverns were challenging but manageable with the use of markers, these just go on and on and on and on. I'm currently inching my way along the edge of a ravine praying I don't plummet into the lava below, I have no idea which way the exit is anymore and I have no idea if I'll ever see the surface again. Just digging up isn't really an option anymore since dumping an entire ocean on your head is no longer a thing you can just shrug off.

Rei's minimap really helps with the whole getting lost thing. It seems that a lot of caves don't really veer off that far from where you started, although if I could only use one mod forever it would be that one. Also waypoints own for getting home.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Xaiter posted:

Is that your normal talking voice? You should be on the radio. :allears:

e: please narrate my boring life, tia

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Xaiter posted:

You sound like a long lost son of Casey Kasem. You've got a fantastic voice.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I decided I would start breeding sheep of different colours, to combat racism

Let's see how it works...

:911:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Eox posted:

I decided I would start breeding sheep of different colours, to combat racism

:911:

I was hoping it would be purple. :(

vv: Doesn't seem like you'd be sad about that. :colbert:

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 3, 2011

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Elysiume posted:

I was hoping it would be purple. :(

No matter what born sheep will always be white :(

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Eox posted:

Better luck next time, Lamarck.

Jordanthehutt
Jun 21, 2011
So im using mixpatcher and a HD texture and now minecraft keeps running out of memory, how do I fix this?

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary

Xaiter posted:

This was really really cool. Is there anyway I could get a schematic of this?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Xaiter posted:

The racket is hellish in there!

(I'm sure there's some fowl related pun I'm missing here.)

Orv fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 3, 2011

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Shortly after that video was posted, it was favorited by Yogcast, and then my account got hacked and the server got flooded with youtube noobs who all got admin rights from my freshly hacked account.

:negative:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Taffer posted:

Shortly after that video was posted, it was favorited by Yogcast, and then my account got hacked and the server got flooded with youtube noobs who all got admin rights from my freshly hacked account.

:negative:

That is unbelievably tragic in a first world nerd kind of way :(
Anyway to retrieve account and data?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Orv posted:

The racket is hellish in there!

(I'm sure there's some fowl related pun I'm missing here.)
What a fowl racket?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Ominous Jazz posted:

That is unbelievably tragic in a first world nerd kind of way :(
Anyway to retrieve account and data?

They didn't change the password (no idea why), so I was able to change it to something else.

I'm a little paranoid now, though. I have no idea what their means for getting my password were, so if it was some exploit of minecraft and/or the website, then they could just get it again.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Taffer posted:

They didn't change the password (no idea why), so I was able to change it to something else.

I'm a little paranoid now, though. I have no idea what their means for getting my password were, so if it was some exploit of minecraft and/or the website, then they could just get it again.

That's really weird. Have you run a virus scan yet?

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
And that's why, if you want to share server info, you share it in the thread and not in a public YouTube video. We have a couple of people in this thread whose like/favourite will instantly put the number of people who see the video you share here into the tens of thousands.

And I daresay the average yognaught (or youtube user in general) is probably much worse than the average goon.

EDIT:

Taffer posted:

If you were running the server on your local machine, they might've been able to find the password assuming you have the launcher remember it for you.

I don't know much about encryption though, so I might be completely wrong.

Still; better set your firewall to paranoid and whatnot to be on the safe side. (assuming the server is local ofc)

E2: poo poo I just realised you probably meant the password for the server control panel for the provider site or something. If so, disregard the above.

Joda fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 3, 2011

Orv
May 4, 2011

Raskolnikov posted:

What a fowl racket?

. . .Yes. I'm bad at puns. :smith:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Joda posted:

And that's why, if you want to share server info, you share it in the thread and not in a public YouTube video. We have a couple of people in this thread whose like/favourite will instantly put the number of people who see the video you share here into the tens of thousands.

Yeah, I made sure to chew out xaiter over that. He thinks he's e-famous now(he isn't). It just links to a PGS thread now, so only goons can see it.

And I need to run a virus scan. :/

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Taffer posted:

Yeah, I made sure to chew out xaiter over that. He thinks he's e-famous now(he isn't). It just links to a PGS thread now, so only goons can see it.

Stuff it, you! :mad:

My inbox has like 150 invites and subscription notices which is like 149 more than I thought we'd get. It's nice that people are enjoying it. I am excited! I'm looking at making a tutorial video right now in creative mode, in case anyone wants to make their own.

Taffer posted:

And I need to run a virus scan. :/

I'm hoping you just had a crappy password. :ohdear:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Xaiter posted:

I'm hoping you just had a crappy password. :ohdear:

It wasn't bad, but I'm using a big autogenerated one now. Better safe than sorry.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You can hatch chickens, lead them into a death trap, and harvest their feathers to make tons of arrows for battle. :black101:

Why not add additional farms in another area and have a very long stream for those eggs to land near the collection bin? Fill up on eggs faster while a second mass of chickens don't add to the lag.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 3, 2011

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Scalding Coffee posted:

You can hatch chickens, lead them into a death trap, and harvest their feathers to make tons of arrows for battle. :black101:

This is something I'm working on, but also for cooked meat.

I think if you threw a chicken into a netherrack firepit with a cobblestone hallway attached to it and placed a water bucket at the end of hall.... I believe chicken AI beelines for water when ignited, so you could get the chickens to reliably run away from the fire to preserve the delicious meat and feathers. Just place the water just far enough away that that it's impossible to make it to the water before their two hearts burn out.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

The chicken matrix becomes substantially less inhumane with the painterly duck texture.

Yas
Apr 7, 2009

LeschNyhan posted:

The chicken matrix becomes substantially less inhumane with the painterly duck texture.

Foie gras?

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
I know that I'm getting burned out when something that is objectively awesome, underground ravines, have become a tiresome pain in the rear end.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Xaiter posted:

This is something I'm working on, but also for cooked meat.

I think if you threw a chicken into a netherrack firepit with a cobblestone hallway attached to it and placed a water bucket at the end of hall.... I believe chicken AI beelines for water when ignited, so you could get the chickens to reliably run away from the fire to preserve the delicious meat and feathers. Just place the water just far enough away that that it's impossible to make it to the water before their two hearts burn out.

There's already a blueprint a few pages or so back for an auto cooking chicken killing machine.

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Arkitektbmw posted:

There's already a blueprint a few pages or so back for an auto cooking chicken killing machine.

Eiba posted:

Side view:

code:
#########
##X    O
## | 
## ######
##
##*
##N
### +
### #####
#########

Why so there is. I need to make this.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Yas posted:

Foie gras?

It would be okay if it were geese, because geese are assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Animals don't get tied to biomes in 1.9 pre-2 do they? I can't find anything but cows as far as the eye can see!