Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

BigRed0427 posted:

Its gonna be a bit before I get Dark Souls and I have been meaning to pop Demon Souls back it. I am kind of worried though that no one is gonna be on it anymore because of the new game. :smith:

I'm in the same situation. Despite having Demon's Souls since release, I've only now made serious progress in it. My ghost will be haunting the world with you for at least the next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Okay, I currently am not sure what to believe. I talked to another guy on the phone and he said that the other person was confused and if I preordered it when it was in stock, I should end up getting it.

I don't know what to believe but I can hope :v: but it's almost midnight and it still hasn't loving shipped...so I'm still not that optimistic.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 4, 2011

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

sentrygun posted:

Instead of people complaining back and forth about if SotC needs improved controls, can we just agree that it's not a game for everyone?

Not every game is for everyone, despite how much I would love for my favorite games to be loved by everyone. So yeah, I agree with this.

If a person doesn't want to learn the game and take on the challenge, then fine. But to dismiss it as having bad controls is just passing off their own disinterest in an incorrect statement, which is the problem.

Edit: Keep in mind none of this applies to my ongoing belief that people liking the Uncharted games is just an elaborate troll.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 4, 2011

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

axleblaze posted:

Okay, I currently am not sure what to believe. I talked to another guy on the phone and he said that the other person was confused and if I preordered it when it was in stock, I should end up getting it.

I don't know what to believe but I can hope :v: but it's almost midnight and it still hasn't loving shipped...so I'm still not that optimistic.

This happened to me with the Ico collection. I didn't get a shipping notification until the morning after it should've shipped, but still arrived the day it said it would. Don't be too worried until tomorrow morning when you still haven't gotten anything.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm still worried. According to CAG, Namco couldn't provide as many versions of the collector's edition as were promised. On Amazon I preordered the collector's edition because the upgrade was free. Now I'm afraid they aren't shipping it because it's the collector's edition when really I just want to play the loving game. Maybe this will all be nothing but for now :(

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

sentrygun posted:

Instead of people complaining back and forth about if SotC needs improved controls, can we just agree that it's not a game for everyone?

If you're interested in the game but can't deal with the controls, you might want to check out the LP of it. I don't know if said LP is any good since I haven't watched it, but it's on LParchive and it's video, so I'm sure it shows off the Colossi fights well enough, and you can skip the in-betweens if you don't want to watch travel.

Haven't watched it myself yet, but Geop's other LP for Assassin Creed (and in production AC2 LP) are very high quality.

Has anymore info been revealed about tomorrow PS2 games?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rirse posted:

Haven't watched it myself yet, but Geop's other LP for Assassin Creed (and in production AC2 LP) are very high quality.

Has anymore info been revealed about tomorrow PS2 games?

I think the guy at the PS Blog said they're practically PS2 Classics. So no 1080p HD assets or Trophies. Maybe $10-15? I don't think I read a definite price.

Gonna buy me up a heap of them. Download them maybe while playing Dark Souls or somethin

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Yeah, pretty much straight ports of the PS2 versions, no upscaling, no trophies, no nothing, and I've been hearing $10 for the price. But just a couple days ago I was thinking how the only thing missing in my life is the ability to play God Hand now that I don't have my PS2, and then this is announced. So I guess you're all welcome.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, pretty much straight ports of the PS2 versions, no upscaling, no trophies, no nothing, and I've been hearing $10 for the price. But just a couple days ago I was thinking how the only thing missing in my life is the ability to play God Hand now that I don't have my PS2, and then this is announced. So I guess you're all welcome.

Please start thinking about how much you want to play Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, thank you in advance.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

And SIREN. Preferably both SIREN 1 and 2.

Please :( Team SIREN is never going to make 3!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

axleblaze posted:

Well gently caress, I asked Amazon support and they are apparently out of stock of Dark Souls despite the fact I loving preordered it. :suicide:

It's good to know they don't loving understand the point of preordering stuff.

That's pretty bizarre. I pre-ordered it a few days ago and just got an email saying it shipped. The demand must be way higher than anticipated.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Moon Monster posted:

That's pretty bizarre. I pre-ordered it a few days ago and just got an email saying it shipped. The demand must be way higher than anticipated.

How can that be possible though. The whole point of "preorders" is so you know how many are anticipated. According to one guy, someone at amazon told him they are in fact out of preorder stock. Part of the problem seems to be that Amazon made all orders upgrade to the collector's edition and Atlus did not make enough. In general, How hard it is to get a straight answer right now is really irritating me.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

axleblaze posted:

How can that be possible though. The whole point of "preorders" is so you know how many are anticipated. According to one guy, someone at amazon told him they are in fact out of preorder stock. Part of the problem seems to be that Amazon made all orders upgrade to the collector's edition and Atlus did not make enough. In general, How hard it is to get a straight answer right now is really irritating me.

Considering I can still "pre-order" it right now, midnight of the day it releases, I get the feeling there's a certain cutoff where just because I'm pre-ordering doesn't mean it'll factor into the numbers the publisher gets.

I don't know how exactly common it is, but I'm sure there's plenty of people who put in a pre-order very close to the release date. I know I've done it before when I decided last minute that I want a game that I was iffy about pre-ordering at first. Of course, if you pre-ordered it a month or more back and get told you won't be getting it because they're out of stock, then that's pretty much bullshit.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

axleblaze posted:

... but the reservation keeps the car here!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

sentrygun posted:

Of course, if you pre-ordered it a month or more back and get told you won't be getting it because they're out of stock, then that's pretty much bullshit.

Well, that's the thing...I preordered in September.

People seem to be confirmations that it's not in stock. :sigh: I hope Gamestop/Best Buy/K-mart have some copies tomorrow.

The thing that bothers me right now is Amazon seems to be giving people different answers and both could just as easily be wrong. The people saying it's out could just be looking at the preorder page and seeing that there's no special editions in stock and telling people they're out. The people saying that it will ship could just be not checking on it and assuring people with empty promises.

No matter how this turns out, I think I'm moving my Uncharted 3 preorder to Gamestop...

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 4, 2011

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Crappy Jack posted:

I thought that SCEA had standards where every game release from now on had to have trophies and certain features before they were allowed to be sold or did I just have some crazy stuck in my brain?

Regardless, I'm buying the hell out of Godhand just to support it more.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Wamdoodle posted:

I thought that SCEA had standards where every game release from now on had to have trophies and certain features before they were allowed to be sold or did I just have some crazy stuck in my brain?

Regardless, I'm buying the hell out of Godhand just to support it more.

For PS3 games yes that's the rule. If these were ports or HD re-releases they would have those features. There are exceptions for PSOne Classics, PS3 titles released [on disc] before that mandate and assumedly these PS2 Classics.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Kaleidoscope posted:

For PS3 games yes that's the rule. If these were ports or HD re-releases they would have those features. There are exceptions for PSOne Classics, PS3 titles released [on disc] before that mandate and assumedly these PS2 Classics.

Ah, I see then. Thanks for the clarification. Man, if these come out at a good price point I may end up buying most if not all of them! (Consumer whore here.)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Payday: The Heist realizes how drat stacked today is, bails for later date this month

Has anyone else here been playing Elemental Monster? I bought it a couple weeks back off Japanese hype then just kind of forgot about it, so I loaded that sucker up and next thing I knew I'd lost 3 hours! It's amazing that Hudson sells this game for a dollar, and it may look really obtuse and arcane from gameplay footage but the single player does an incredible job teaching you how to play by gradually introducing new concepts.

I'll admit that the deal with the game's DLC is kinda weird. You can play the game as much as you want and get new cards for free, but you only win one card at random from a specific set for winning on/offline. On the other hand, you can shell out $5 for a "Booster Box" which is 24 randomly selected cards from a specific set. I'm playing through the single player now and doing okay, but I imagine if you want to complete sets or do heavy online play you'll need to start buying.

If you're like me and looking for a TCG experience but was disappointed by Eye of Judgement, give this a try. PlayStation Plus users will be getting a big push for this game starting today, where the game will be given away for free and all Booster Box DLC will be $2.50 a pop.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Policenaut posted:

And SIREN. Preferably both SIREN 1 and 2.

Please :( Team SIREN is never going to make 3!

Did Siren 2 get an English release in Europe that I wasn't aware of?

I fully support rereleasing those games though and making more of them, even though I won't play them because they terrify me. They are the scariest most tense games ever.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Did Siren 2 get an English release in Europe that I wasn't aware of?

I fully support rereleasing those games though and making more of them, even though I won't play them because they terrify me. They are the scariest most tense games ever.

Yeah, Siren 2 came out in Europe as "Forbidden Siren 2"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cool beans. Unless they did another dreadful British dubbing, in which case I would rather they did HD rereleases of Siren 1 and 2 with the original Japanese audio.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

axleblaze posted:

People seem to be confirmations that it's not in stock. :sigh: I hope Gamestop/Best Buy/K-mart have some copies tomorrow.

Kmart won't have the Collector's Edition.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Cool beans. Unless they did another dreadful British dubbing, in which case I would rather they did HD rereleases of Siren 1 and 2 with the original Japanese audio.

You can choose between Japanese and English voice acting, the "English" one sounds like it was made by Filipino exchange students, a retarded decision to counter the retarded complaints about the first game's dub.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
You guys are aware of Siren Blood Curse on the PSN right? I think it's an HD reimagining of the first game, but I liked it a lot more than that, and it's pretty creepy.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Catherine is on sale at amazon.com for 40$. Does anyone know why they ship some (most it seems) games to Germany but not others? Persona 4 and this one most noticably. :negative:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Katana Gomai posted:

Catherine is on sale at amazon.com for 40$. Does anyone know why they ship some (most it seems) games to Germany but not others? Persona 4 and this one most noticably. :negative:
Weird censorship laws

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
For those of you talking about pre-orders of Dark Souls, check your shipment's weight on the UPS site. If it's 1.4 or so pounds then you're getting the CE. If it's 0.7 or less you're getting the regular edition.

At least that's the rumor that's going around. Those that got backordered may have lost out on Amazon's batch of CE's since I doubt they can just order more of them.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Is the "Spend $60 in October, get $10 in November" deal only available to PS+ members? If so, between that and the additional savings on games that I already end up buying, I am going to have to jump on board. If not, then I just found my excuse to pick up Code Veronica HD and Harmony of Dissonance :c00lbert:.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Jesus christ am I far down the rabbit hole that is Shadow of the Colossus. I spent yesterday afternoon trying to clean up my remaining trophies before starting the hard mode time trials (I've already finished the normal ones). Fellas, it might not be good for your sanity to go for plat in this game. I thought that the white-tailed lizards were only near the save temples, so it'd be pretty easy to both max out your stamina bar and get the trophy for collecting all the lizards.

Wrong.

There are a fuckload more of those sons of bitches than you might think. The map you get helps, but it (a) only shows lizards that are close and (b) the lizards could be in a wide radius around the icon on the map. There are four on the southeast cliffs, for example, and it took me a good 45 minutes to find all four. And I'm pretty sure the game is glitching some of them, as I'll find one near the icon on the map but the icon will stay.

Then there's the trophy for getting all the fruit. This time there's a map that shows where everything is, but not proximity related. Great! But there's a couple of issues: one, each icon on the map means you're pixel hunting for 4 or 5 pieces of fruit. If that wasn't bad enough, once you shoot them down sometimes they fall into the ground geometry and you can't find them. To get those you'll need to save, reload, and come back.

If you're as dumb as I am, and think that SotC is one of your favorite games of all time and really want to get the plat, I'd probably recommend burning through normal, starting a NG+, then doing all the time trials to unlock the items. Once you have those, it's trivial to run through all of them again, picking up collectible poo poo along the way. You'll probably max out your health and stamina doing this, which will let you get the trophy for getting to the top of the temple.

I think I'm only really doing this as I'm leaving for vacation this weekend, and don't want to start something like Dark Souls or Deus Ex before I go. But goddamn do I love this game. It's a shame people won't give it a chance beyond the controls, but I can understand being picky about poo poo that you play. There have been several games I've only played for 10 minutes before sending back to Gamefly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EC posted:

And I'm pretty sure the game is glitching some of them, as I'll find one near the icon on the map but the icon will stay.

There are multiple lizards in some places. You need to leave and come back to get the next one to spawn.

And I think the lizard hunting won't even be close to how frustrating the Hard time trials will be.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Cbouncerrun posted:

There are multiple lizards in some places. You need to leave and come back to get the next one to spawn.

And I think the lizard hunting won't even be close to how frustrating the Hard time trials will be.

It's been awhile, but I don't think I had trouble with them on the PS2 version. I know I didn't finish them all, and I'm sure I'll have issues with 15, so we'll see.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well, I got an e-mail from Amazon saying that Dark Souls was in fact delayed. So this morning I clicked cancel and went to Best Buy who had plenty of copies. I come back and apparently I didn't cancel it properly on Amazon and it's being prepared to ship and now it won't allow me to cancel. Ah well...at least I finally have the game and it shouldn't be hard to just return it to Amazon (or if it is the collector's edition I just might sell it on ebay. I hear these things are already going for way more than they should).

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

axleblaze posted:

Well, I got an e-mail from Amazon saying that Dark Souls was in fact delayed. So this morning I clicked cancel and went to Best Buy who had plenty of copies. I come back and apparently I didn't cancel it properly on Amazon and it's being prepared to ship and now it won't allow me to cancel. Ah well...at least I finally have the game and it shouldn't be hard to just return it to Amazon (or if it is the collector's edition I just might sell it on ebay. I hear these things are already going for way more than they should).

Man. This is why I just buy local. Though I guess I'm lucky in that my local EB isn't staffed with incompetents.

Rarer stuff though, Amazon.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Morpheus posted:

Man. This is why I just buy local. Though I guess I'm lucky in that my local EB isn't staffed with incompetents.

Rarer stuff though, Amazon.

Everything about your post is basically "Exception" though.

Amazon hardly ever fucks anything up, and Gamestops are usually the worst place on the planet to step foot in. :p

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

<--- Really glad he didn't pay full price for Child of Eden.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Policenaut posted:

Has anyone else here been playing Elemental Monster? I bought it a couple weeks back off Japanese hype then just kind of forgot about it, so I loaded that sucker up and next thing I knew I'd lost 3 hours! It's amazing that Hudson sells this game for a dollar, and it may look really obtuse and arcane from gameplay footage but the single player does an incredible job teaching you how to play by gradually introducing new concepts.

I'll admit that the deal with the game's DLC is kinda weird. You can play the game as much as you want and get new cards for free, but you only win one card at random from a specific set for winning on/offline. On the other hand, you can shell out $5 for a "Booster Box" which is 24 randomly selected cards from a specific set. I'm playing through the single player now and doing okay, but I imagine if you want to complete sets or do heavy online play you'll need to start buying.

If you're like me and looking for a TCG experience but was disappointed by Eye of Judgement, give this a try. PlayStation Plus users will be getting a big push for this game starting today, where the game will be given away for free and all Booster Box DLC will be $2.50 a pop.

I've been playing it on and off between Dark Souls and Harmony of Despair, and it really is a fun little thing. I definitely agree that to go online I'm going to need to shell out for a booster or two, but for single-player I've just been going along and it's worked out so far. The booster DLC being half price is awesome, I'm going to have to grab one or two of them.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Got lucky at Best Buy and got the only collector's edition they had of Dark Souls but I can't play it until I get out of school though :(

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Feenix posted:

Everything about your post is basically "Exception" though.

Amazon hardly ever fucks anything up, and Gamestops are usually the worst place on the planet to step foot in. :p

Yeah you're right. I do like Amazon, and I actually just got some stuff from them just today, but I like the reliability of being able to go to a store (which isn't crap, in this case) and getting a Thing. Plus it means I don't have to be at my apartment to pick up packages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

Yeah you're right. I do like Amazon, and I actually just got some stuff from them just today, but I like the reliability of being able to go to a store (which isn't crap, in this case) and getting a Thing. Plus it means I don't have to be at my apartment to pick up packages.

Yeah, I rarely have trouble with Amazon, but just going into Best Buy and grabbing it has reminded me how much less of a headache it is to do it this way. I mean, when it comes to delivering games, UPS seems to just love to wait to come until like 7pm. It's just so much easier to just drive ten minutes away and have the game. It's nice not to pay taxes on it (and I get free shipping because I have prime) but if I want it the day of, I should just preorder at a physical store.

• Locked thread