Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Complete Honest Hearts and it'll be in a footlocker next to the exit back to the Mojave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Bash Ironfist posted:

Where do I find ALSID?

When you complete Honest Hearts, there's a chest with all the unique items (A Light, Graham's armor, Salt Upon Wounds's power fist, etc.).

e:fb

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'd like to think he left it there for me, because he knew I would use it for its intended purpose in life :)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

jerichojx posted:

So does AG Supplementary Uniques have an .esp on FOMM?

I tried installing it but I can't find an .esp and I can't tell if the loot is inside

Yes. There is a base .esp along with separate .esps for each of the DLC. So if she's released a version for Lonesome Road, you should have 5 AG .esps activated. If you aren't seeing these plugins in FOMM, you either installed the mod incorrectly or downloaded a version that requires a previous version to already be present.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

Jerusalem posted:

I'd like to think he left it there for me, because he knew I would use it for its intended purpose in life :)

There is something about that gun that made me want to cleanse the Mojave. My character changed as soon as I got it. I went from snide, cunning vagabond out for profit and revenge to righteous horseman of the apocalypse.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Ddraig posted:

Guns are superior, obviously. If only because of This Machine. I love that reference.

e: Playing through Dead Money again, it has one of my favourite little details ever. When you meet Dean in the theatre he tells you to go out a certain exit quickly. If you don't have high enough intelligence you will get killed because he's referring to the direction relative to him, not to you. If you do have a high enough intelligence you get the option to say "Your left or my left?" and he laughs and says his left. "Almost got you killed, there!"

What makes this detail even neater is Dean's theater background - as an actor on a stage, he would think of "stage left" and "stage right", which is reversed from the audience's left and right.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeeep.

:jerkbag:

:clint:

RUN AWAY

:aaa:

:ocelot:

I wonder if it was a conscious design decision to give Graham a commander frame 1911.
As a confirmed skullfucker of legion in every playthrough, I have to say this serious of screenshots was incredible. Thank you.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've got about 90 hours playtime in this, but still found a whole ton of new content last night. I finally wandered down into New Vegas' sewers to properly explore them and came across several unique weapons, ('Yes a unique lead pipe!') exits to places I never knew existed (The Aerotech buildings, and their associated quests), and what looks to be the start of a treasure hunt with several keys to a stash I havent located yet.

This game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I had a fun encounter like that last night. I was roaming East of Nipton on my way to the Camplight area where I being to hear gunfire. I quickly find a small band of legion fighting some NCR. I go "not on my watch" and jump in the fight but not 5 seconds into it the NCR suddenly immediately die . Turns out I had the Legion Assassins following me so now I had 7 Legion trying to kill me.

Unlucky for them, I had just gotten back from The Sink.

With This Machine. :clint:

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I'm getting seriously pissed at the Legendary Assassins that Caesar is constantly sending after me. I'm all of level 11 and I have guys with Super Sledges and Thermic Lances on my rear end, so constantly that I finally just started using the console to 'disable' them. I did that to FIVE groups of four assassins each going from Wolfhorn Ranch to just north of Novac. Every quarter of a mile I get 'THE CAESAR HAS MARKED YOU FOR DEATH!' and it's yet another bunch of overpowered, heavily armored assholes I can only kill by chugging chems like I'm at a rave. This cannot be the way it's supposed to be, they were NEVER this common before, and not as high level either.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
I figured the legion assasins were there to balance out encounters. Go legion and NCR are everywhere, masses of loot and xp anywhere you turn. Go NCR and the legion have like three locations, and two of those don't have respawns.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
If I give the platinum chip to House does that lock me on his path or can I help out the NCR/Legion later?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

If I give the platinum chip to House does that lock me on his path or can I help out the NCR/Legion later?

Nah you're fine if you do. You'll have a harder time later if you decide to go all out NCR or Legion, but you can still side with them. The point of no return as far as House/Yes Man goes is finishing The House Always Wins III.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Geomancing posted:

I'm getting seriously pissed at the Legendary Assassins that Caesar is constantly sending after me. I'm all of level 11 and I have guys with Super Sledges and Thermic Lances on my rear end, so constantly that I finally just started using the console to 'disable' them.
How do you disable them?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Trudge back to Novac and make friends with Boone, quick! :ohdear:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Geomancing posted:

I'm getting seriously pissed at the Legendary Assassins that Caesar is constantly sending after me. I'm all of level 11 and I have guys with Super Sledges and Thermic Lances on my rear end, so constantly that I finally just started using the console to 'disable' them. I did that to FIVE groups of four assassins each going from Wolfhorn Ranch to just north of Novac. Every quarter of a mile I get 'THE CAESAR HAS MARKED YOU FOR DEATH!' and it's yet another bunch of overpowered, heavily armored assholes I can only kill by chugging chems like I'm at a rave. This cannot be the way it's supposed to be, they were NEVER this common before, and not as high level either.

Bring Boone along or wear NCR armor. They'll shoot on sight instead of sneaking up on you and initiating combat. I look forward for those assholes to show up because that means easy loot to fix my gear and to sell for caps.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

You will get it back, but how that happens is really up to you. You don't have to worry about losing it permanently, one way or another you'll be getting it back.

Omnicarus posted:

The point of no return as far as House/Yes Man goes is finishing The House Always Wins III.

I had actually gone ahead and cleared out some stuff related to these quests before House asked me too, so I auto-completed those during conversation with House and suddenly was informed that the NCR had warned me and enough was enough, we were on the outs now! I was rather irritated, I decided to reload and work my way carefully out of conversation with House without letting him know I'd already done two of the things we wanted me to do next.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 5, 2011

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

DaveWoo posted:

How do you disable them?

Open the console with ~, click on whoever so you get 'Legendary Assassin (number string here)', type disable, it winks them out of existance. You might need to enable to console in your ini file, but I don't recall exactly how.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I am finally about to try and put some serious time into this game and pretty much just want a cowboy character. Low Speech, just roaming the Mojave and shooting dudes in straight-up firefights (preferably with a revolver or some other conventional one-handed gun). Is this viable or will I never make it out of the first town?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

1stGear posted:

I am finally about to try and put some serious time into this game and pretty much just want a cowboy character. Low Speech, just roaming the Mojave and shooting dudes in straight-up firefights (preferably with a revolver or some other conventional one-handed gun). Is this viable or will I never make it out of the first town?
Quite viable. Not the easiest build in the world, but far from the hardest.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

If worse comes to worse you can always crank down the difficulty to very easy for a while and kill everything with a stiff breeze while taking orbital strikes to the face.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

1stGear posted:

New Vegas is designed specifically so that if you want, you can kill literally everyone you meet and still complete the plot, though you'd have to go with Yes Man.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I kinda want to do a cowboy build too. I guess it's because of the Wild West vibe the game gives. I mean, you've got all those cowboy hats, the desert, the Survival skill, and all those lever action guns and revolvers.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

1stGear posted:

Actually more viable than you think. Dump all your Charisma points into other stats, and make sure to pick up http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Cowboy

You have a variety of unique weapons to abuse the perk with and synergies with other traits/perks as well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just started a cowboy run. Followed my quick start up to Vegas, collected the 3 globes for 6k, bought the INT implant to max my int (9int/9lck start I like skill points and criticals deal with it) then used the last 2k to buy the GRA 5.56 Pistol. I proceeded to make it my signature weapon and I'm planning on going through the game as neutral rear end in a top hat (yes man ending while barely tolerating NCR and murdering anything Legion) using only that gun.

Haven't decided on what armor I should make my signature piece. Probably the sheriff duster from Primm with a Desperado Cowboy Hat or maybe just a Reinforced Leather Armor for a more Mad Max approach.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I seriously want to do a "Hardcore on Hard" run with a Survival/Sneak/Melee build.

But after this run I still have about 100 other unfinished games in my backloggery :ohdear:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Dush posted:

Either quit usin' a scrub gun for idiots, or turn down the difficulty :smug:
Nah. I could blast through hordes of most things, but when it comes to Cazadores or those Legion hit squads, I was ducking for cover or frantically VATSing people in the head. Some things are just obscenely hard to kill.

SynthOrange posted:

I've got about 90 hours playtime in this, but still found a whole ton of new content last night. I finally wandered down into New Vegas' sewers to properly explore them and came across several unique weapons, ('Yes a unique lead pipe!') exits to places I never knew existed (The Aerotech buildings, and their associated quests), and what looks to be the start of a treasure hunt with several keys to a stash I havent located yet.

This game.
... New Vegas has sewers?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Geomancing posted:

Wait until the assassins spawn while you're naked with no weapons and a bomb collar on your neck for that one Brotherhood quest. That almost completely ended a game until I was able to finally cheese it after repeated attempts.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Brahmin-skin outfit/worn cowboy hat. Hobos will rule the wastes.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I just started a cowboy run. Followed my quick start up to Vegas, collected the 3 globes for 6k, bought the INT implant to max my int (9int/9lck start I like skill points and criticals deal with it) then used the last 2k to buy the GRA 5.56 Pistol. I proceeded to make it my signature weapon and I'm planning on going through the game as neutral rear end in a top hat (yes man ending while barely tolerating NCR and murdering anything Legion) using only that gun.

Haven't decided on what armor I should make my signature piece. Probably the sheriff duster from Primm with a Desperado Cowboy Hat or maybe just a Reinforced Leather Armor for a more Mad Max approach.

If you're looking for armor that has good DT and looks cowboy-y, then you should try the Desert Ranger armor from Honest Hearts--it's basically the NCR Elite Ranger armor without the faction tag.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Just as a note, Signature weapon Nailguns chew through everything known to man. Only downside is that the thing goes through ammo hella fast. Gotta grind some bottomless on there! Maxed out penetrating and precise and I was sniping from across the map with a nail gun. Good times.

I heartily recommend everyone run strait from goodsprings to Lonesome road at level 1, loot everything you can, maybe buy some riot gear and don't leave the first building.

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 5, 2011

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

Sam. posted:

New Vegas is designed specifically so that if you want, you can kill literally everyone you meet and still complete the plot, though you'd have to go with Yes Man.

I wish there was a kill everyone including Yes Man ending where you just leave the place to tear itself apart for the next two decades after stealing absolutely everything in New Vegas and moving to Shady Sands to invest in a Brahmin farm or something.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I just realized the symbolism of the number 21 and why you get a Vault 21 jumpsuit and why the Yes Man Duster has the number 21 on it, and why Vault 21 settled all their problems with gambling. 21 is the highest value you can get in Blackjack without busting. :aaaaa:

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

SpaceMost posted:

I didn't even get to them until my second playthrough, they connect to The Thorn but I never looked for the way into them.

Also I just still hate how the Ripper works, am I the only person who wishes it would actually slash like a knife? It was awesome stabbing people with it in the original games.

rope kid, was there ever any consideration about that? I feel like using it outside of vats looks very dumb. I guess there could be an issue with the weapon either having to constantly animate cycling the chain or only doing it during an attack.

I was so disappointed with it in FO3.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SpaceMost posted:

Yeah, as Syrant said, there's the Thorn, which is what most people usually find, but then there's a whole giant network of sewer tunnels running under Vegas, connecting all the outer points. Some are safe and inhabited by tunnel dwellers, others are full of ghouls, rodents of unusual size and Fiends. The most obvious entrances are a manhole just outside McCarran Airfield, and another on the east exit from the Crimson Caravan.

I'd mostly ignored them because oh god a maze of twisty, dimly lit tunnels. Thought I'd run through this time and see if there's anything worth finding down there.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 5, 2011

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah, as Syrant said, there's the Thorn, which is what most people usually find, but then there's a whole giant network of sewer tunnels running under Vegas, connecting all the outer points. Some are safe and inhabited by tunnel dwellers, others are full of ghouls, rodents of unusual size and Fiends. The most obvious entrances are a manhole just outside McCarran Airfield, and another on the east exit from the Crimson Caravan.
Not really much of interest in them, though.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Strudel Man posted:

Not really much of interest in them, though.

There's a unique Lead Pipe that makes for one hell of a low level melee weapon.

You know I love the thought of that. How this particular piece of lead cracks people's skulls better then that piece of lead.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It's got a t joint on it man. It's also right next to a fire axe.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I found that, and a whole bunch of named corpses with their stash keys on them. Still havent found the stash tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

SynthOrange posted:

I found that, and a whole bunch of named corpses with their stash keys on them. Still havent found the stash tho.

I'm pretty sure that is the stash.