Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Cowcaster posted:

If worse comes to worse you can always crank down the difficulty to very easy for a while and kill everything with a stiff breeze while taking orbital strikes to the face.

Even on Very Easy, some enemies can be very dangerous. Regular deathclaws will kill you with one or two hits if you're wearing anything less than power armor, and unless you have high charisma keeping your companions alive can be tricky on hardcore. It's not THAT easy of a setting. Vault 34 will still make you sweat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'm pretty sure that is the stash.

That's very silly then, hiding the key to the stash inside the stash. I do appreciate people thinking outside the box though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Moreno: You'll never convince me to help the NCR!
Courier: Oh go on.
Moreno: I can't believe you convinced me to help the NCR!

I had to laugh at that, everyone talked up how tough he'd be to bring around, I say ONE thing to him and he immediately agrees to come along.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
The stash is definitely in the same area/zone/cell as the male corpse, I remember finding the key on him, then finding the stash, and later finding the female. I don't remember it as particularly spectacular so you may have actually found the stash.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
What I do when the legion assassins come up is stand still until veronica has punched all their heads off. Spending all of my caps to get it fully repaired for her was well worth the investment.

My biggest problem with all the fallout games are really the vaults? I like the concept and atmosphere and theme of them, but actually navigating them is so horrifically tedious. Every one of them is like a self-contained sewer level from another game with a neat twist that you get over soon enough because there's no landmarks or anything to help navigate.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

YOURFRIEND posted:

What I do when the legion assassins come up is stand still until veronica has punched all their heads off. Spending all of my caps to get it fully repaired for her was well worth the investment.

My biggest problem with all the fallout games are really the vaults? I like the concept and atmosphere and theme of them, but actually navigating them is so horrifically tedious. Every one of them is like a self-contained sewer level from another game with a neat twist that you get over soon enough because there's no landmarks or anything to help navigate.

They aren't that huge, and they are fairly linear. Toughen up cowboy.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Man, Courier's Mile on Very Hard/Hardcore was fun. Took every drug in the game, took off all of my armor, walked in with A Light in Shining Darkness and 300 hand load rounds. 10 Implant GRXes and 5 Turbos later, I'm surrounded by deathclaw corpses, my gun is broken, I'm out of ammo, I'm addicted to everything, and I don't even want any of the loot in the place.

Star Guarded fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 5, 2011

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Star Guarded posted:

Man, Courier's Mile was fun. Took every drug in the game, took off all of my armor, walked in with A Light in Shining Darkness and 300 hand load rounds. 10 Implant GRXes and 5 Turbos later, I'm surrounded by deathclaw corpses, my gun is broken, I'm out of ammo, I'm addicted to everything, and I don't even want any of the loot in the place.

I don't understand what this Courier's Mile y'all keep talking about is. Is that a mod, or was it a part of Lonesome Road that I didn't go to or notice?

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Pharmaskittle posted:

I don't understand what this Courier's Mile y'all keep talking about is. Is that a mod, or was it a part of Lonesome Road that I didn't go to or notice?
Lonesome Road spoilers: After you launch the nuke in LR, a new area opens up at the start of the DLC (in Hopesville) that you can do. Totally optional. You can complete it even after you beat the DLC, too.

More Lonesome Road spoilers (about the loot in the Courier's Mile):

It just has a unique bowie knife and about 600 pounds of ammo. Kinda like the Legion/NCR areas you can nuke.

Tsargon the Great
Jun 4, 2005

~=~ NuMBa 1 PoSta~=~
CuTiE

Node posted:

They aren't that huge, and they are fairly linear. Toughen up cowboy.

Vault 34 was really really bad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
OK now I've got a new frustrating bug! For some reason the game refuses to play radio station music on my Pipboy. I can hear it fine from background radios, but all I get on the Pipboy is Mr. New Vegas reading news and announcing songs.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

Tsargon the Great posted:

Vault 34 was really really bad

34 was pretty small, not that hard to navigate and had great poo poo inside.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The only vault I ever have trouble with is 21, because the stripped out corridors manage to confuse me every time. I never really realized how much of a difference the detritus, refuse, overturned desks and posters really make till they weren't there anymore.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

New Vegas: Making Men Out of Molerats

New thread title right there.

Also, for the helos 1 thing, where do I need to send the energy to be able to use that gun you get in new vegas?

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
Your penis, I assume.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The one that went all Little Shop of Horrors turns me around at least once every time I have to go in it, just because of the doubling-back you have to do to get to objectives. Vault 21 and the Fiend Vault gave me some trouble because I get turned around by the big multi-level hub rooms for some stupid reason.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I just cleared the courier's mile with a shovel thanks to signature weapons. (God I love that mod) The shovel has a special vats attack called Grand Slam. I beat the living poo poo out of everything I can find with a shovel.

As a note to anyone using that mod, putting lethal on the laser detonator will not make it an effective weapon. Despite the fact that it now says it does 10 damage, it never actually contacts with a target.

Death by Cranes
May 3, 2006

These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right.
I'm gonna repost a question from a few pages back:

quote:

I'm currently re-installing the game, but I would like to know if Bethesda has fixed all the problems yet, before starting a new game.
Most notable of problems were the "Crash on saving" which only happened late into the game, ensuring you couldn't complete it.

If any one knows, I'd be grateful.

Hell, if any of you are having problems just write them here. There had probably come up some new stuff with all these patches.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
There are two keys in the Vegas sewers; one leads to the area with The Humble Cudgel, the other is to a locked gun cabinet in one of the other zones. You may have picked the lock before finding the key.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm a 2-int retard on this run through, there's no way I'm picking any locks and I wish I could break down doors. :saddowns:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Seriously does anyone know how to fix this drat no music bug? The game won't play any music at all. Every other sound works great but no music.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Seriously does anyone know how to fix this drat no music bug? The game won't play any music at all. Every other sound works great but no music.

Not really a "fix" I'm afraid but I can offer another "solution".

All the radio music as far as I can tell is located here:

code:
\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\Sound\songs\radionv
So if you make a copy of it you can just play it in the background with another music player and turn off the in-game radio.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
So I feel like playing a negotiator type character this time; someone who solves almost all of their problems with words. Any suggestions for companions, weapons, or anything would be nice, since I've pretty much just killed everything without thinking about it in all of my other playthroughs.

On a different note, if you're looking for a fun gimmick that involves crippling all of your limbs all of the time forever, I recommend playing an explosives only character. It's a real challenge in the beginning and you end up killing loving everything later on.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

Rayjenkins posted:

So I feel like playing a negotiator type character this time; someone who solves almost all of their problems with words. Any suggestions for companions, weapons, or anything would be nice, since I've pretty much just killed everything without thinking about it in all of my other playthroughs.

On a different note, if you're looking for a fun gimmick that involves crippling all of your limbs all of the time forever, I recommend playing an explosives only character. It's a real challenge in the beginning and you end up killing loving everything later on.

The best thing about explosives is the standard grenade launcher can't fire poo poo far enough not to cripple you once you perk that poo poo.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Yeah the explosives are nuts. I forgot how goddamned dissapointing Mini-Nukes were though - popped one onto Violet's fort for laughs, watched the whole trailer park go up in a mushroom cloud, and when the smoke clears all her guard dogs are still ambling around like nothing even happened. :saddowns:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I never use explosives for fear of the physics blowing my loot someplace I can't find it. Hell, I accidentally shot driver nephi's club out of his hand and it flew away... I never found it.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

You don't need to loot anything when you've got hundreds of missiles and 40mm grenades in your bag.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well I solved the music problem. Turns out it was a codec problem, not the game itself. One new codec install later and I'm immediately greeted by Johnny loving Guitar.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well I solved the music problem. Turns out it was a codec problem, not the game itself. One new codec install later and I'm immediately greeted by Johnny loving Guitar.

Really? How strange. What codec did you have to install to get it to work?

Pretty strange that the game would require a third party codec to play MP3 files.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Xik posted:

Really? How strange. What codec did you have to install to get it to work?

Pretty strange that the game would require a third party codec to play MP3 files.

K-Lite Basic. Dunno why it worked either.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Yeah the explosives are nuts. I forgot how goddamned dissapointing Mini-Nukes were though - popped one onto Violet's fort for laughs, watched the whole trailer park go up in a mushroom cloud, and when the smoke clears all her guard dogs are still ambling around like nothing even happened. :saddowns:
Use Tiny Tots.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:iiam: Beth's Gamebryo games always have FFD codecs flipping out all over my taskbar, ever since Oblivion. Didnt affect anything for me except having a million ffdshow icons sitting in there.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I never realized how awesome and fun a complete psychopath run can be. Set SPECIAL to 10, 3, 7, 1, 9, 3, 8, tagged Melee, Medicine, and Survival. The Mojave will run red with the blood of everything! :black101:

It's doubly fun after the "everyone gets the best possible ending while backing the NCR" run I finished the other day.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I love pant grenading people with Honest Heart's Fire bombs. Rather than just explode, they erupt into flames and then their limbs pop off. :D

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

YOURFRIEND posted:

They were a lot less confusing in 1 & 2, when it was top-down isometric view.
I lose all sense of direction in FPS when I'm in a vault, though.

lactomangulation
Jan 29, 2009
I'm at the part in Dead Money where you need to get Dog to stay at the switching station, and he keeps complaining about being hungry. Tried giving him all kinds of crap, locking him in, etc. All dialogue options lead nowhere. I gave up and looked at a guide and it says to get a drop from some of the ghosts in the area. But I've already cleared the area out beforehand and don't have anything. Is there a way to get more of them to spawn?

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

SpaceMost posted:

They were a lot less confusing in 1 & 2, when it was top-down isometric view.
I lose all sense of direction in FPS when I'm in a vault, though.

That is were 3rd person to mimic the isometric view should come in handy but, well you know. At least you get maps and markers.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

lactomangulation posted:

I'm at the part in Dead Money where you need to get Dog to stay at the switching station, and he keeps complaining about being hungry. Tried giving him all kinds of crap, locking him in, etc. All dialogue options lead nowhere. I gave up and looked at a guide and it says to get a drop from some of the ghosts in the area. But I've already cleared the area out beforehand and don't have anything. Is there a way to get more of them to spawn?

I think they just spawn after a while. You won't get the quest item off them unless you have the quest from Dog/God. Maybe wait for a while or zone in and out.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I'd love to play another isometric third person Fallout.
Maybe one day they'll finish and release Van Buren, since it sounds like the only major unfinished part are the maps.

I can dream. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
They would need to do a lot of rewriting, because a lot of the games characters and incidental plot ended up in NV.