Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I'm having a random problem with Sickbeard and permissions. Intermittently it just out of the blue decides that it doesn't have permissions to move files from my unsorted directory to the sorted TV directory. Nothing changes and sometimes I'll get different results from two different episodes downloading to the same exact place.

Here's an example of the errors I'm finding in the SAB "script log":

code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/sickbeard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond

response.body = self.handler()

File "/opt/sickbeard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__

self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)

File "/opt/sickbeard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__

return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)

File "/opt/sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 1371, in processEpisode

result = processTV.processDir(dir, nzbName)

File "/opt/sickbeard/sickbeard/processTV.py", line 97, in processDir

process_result = processor.process()

File "/opt/sickbeard/sickbeard/postProcessor.py", line 686, in process

self._copy(self.file_path, dest_path, new_base_name, sickbeard.MOVE_ASSOCIATED_FILES)

File "/opt/sickbeard/sickbeard/postProcessor.py", line 228, in _copy

self._combined_file_operation(file_path, new_path, new_base_name, associated_files, action=_int_copy)

File "/opt/sickbeard/sickbeard/postProcessor.py", line 188, in _combined_file_operation

action(cur_file_path, new_file_path)

File "/opt/sickbeard/sickbeard/postProcessor.py", line 226, in _int_copy

raise e

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/mnt/media/Videos/TV Shows/REDACTED/07x01 - REDACTED.mkv'
Permissions on the directory in the Unsorted folder and the destination in the sorted TV folder are 775, permissions on all the contained files are 664, owned by root:media, and both the sickbeard and sabnzbd users are in the media group as are all my local real users. I can su to either of those users and manipulate any of the files or folders in question without a problem as well, so I'm at a loss.

**EDIT** Figured it out I think. I'm using Greyhole for WHS-style disk pooling on Linux and it works by having Samba shares pointed at a "landing zone" directory where they then get copied off to the real destination drives and symlinks are left in their place. The landing zone was owned by my user rather than media:media, so I could copy things in just fine but no other users could. Samba was seeing the permissions set in the pool drives rather than the LZ, so it all looked good but nothing worked. "chown -R media:media /volumes/media" and things seem to be working.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LOLbox
Oct 13, 2007

FUCK BOATSHOES
My supernews is going very slow at the moment, anyone else having the same issue?

edit: sorry, never mind, seems to be working fine now...

LOLbox fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 4, 2011

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"
I have a general question about Usenet, which I'm sure is pretty drat idiotic, but I'll ask it anyway.

A lot of downloads are indexed as "longassfilenameexample (1/72).nzb" or something similar and when you download it, it's an .rar with only a piece of what you actually wanted to download inside. Why is this, and how are you supposed to download the whole thing without using 72 .nzb files?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I've never seen nzb files like that. Where are you getting them from? The whole point of a nzb file is so that you don't HAVE to download a bunch of different files.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"
Uh, nzb.su

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
My favorite site for stuff is down so I've crawled back to usenet after a 2 year hiatus. Newzbin is more or less crap now so I'm not using it anymore, I've instead gone for manually grabbing stuff through binsearch.

what's everyone doing to automate grabbing stuff like shows? I'm more or less at a loss for how to pull that off (I'm trying to avoid paying for a provider as I'm saving for a house/car).

Additionally, this has probably been answered, but is SABnzbd+ going to do anything with srr files in the future?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Will $11/mo hold you back from a car? If not, get Supernews. Then install SAB + Sickbeard, and you'll have an automated TV solution. Add Couch Potato for movies. As far as indexers, I believe nzb.su is still open registration, although you'll have to kick in some money if you need a bunch of nzbs per month.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Woops, I mixed up my terms, I am using supernews for my provider. I meant to say I don't want to pay for an indexer >.<

I'm installing Sickbeard right now, it looks like that will do what I want. Thanks!

On a sidenote, does the firefox extension nzbStatus work well through a proxy? My browser is set to go through a proxy and I can't seem to send nzbs directly to the server.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
nzbmatrix.com

Not free but only a one time cost.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've just had to reformat and I'll be buggered if I can remember the scripting process for SABnzbd.

Before, things went into respective categories, but I don't remember how I did this.

Right now I think I've got the sickbeard one set up properly (in the folders menu I set the post processing scripting folder to the autoprocess one in sickbeard followed by making a "sickbeard" category with sabtoSickbear.exe set as the script in the categories menu.). The thing is, I don't recall how I set up the other categories so that other non sickbeard stuff would download into their different categories.

Was there an automatic thing that now has to be set up manually? Or am I just blanking on setting up multiple category folders?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Kin posted:

I've just had to reformat and I'll be buggered if I can remember the scripting process for SABnzbd.

Before, things went into respective categories, but I don't remember how I did this.

Right now I think I've got the sickbeard one set up properly (in the folders menu I set the post processing scripting folder to the autoprocess one in sickbeard followed by making a "sickbeard" category with sabtoSickbear.exe set as the script in the categories menu.). The thing is, I don't recall how I set up the other categories so that other non sickbeard stuff would download into their different categories.

Was there an automatic thing that now has to be set up manually? Or am I just blanking on setting up multiple category folders?

For some reason the preset categories seemed to disappear a few versions back, I never figured that decision out.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Ashex posted:

Additionally, this has probably been answered, but is SABnzbd+ going to do anything with srr files in the future?
Why would you want SABnzbd+ to convert your .avi files or whatever back into their original rar set? That's just silly.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

td4guy posted:

Why would you want SABnzbd+ to convert your .avi files or whatever back into their original rar set? That's just silly.

The only use I could think of for that would be storage of 4GB+ files on fat32 external drives. I wouldn't say that happens enough to warrant a feature though. Hell, it would be quicker to just manually split the thing with winrar yourself.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

wolrah posted:

For some reason the preset categories seemed to disappear a few versions back, I never figured that decision out.

It was due to the NewzBin lawsuit, categories were part of the reasoning the judge used to rule against NewzBin.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

duz posted:

It was due to the NewzBin lawsuit, categories were part of the reasoning the judge used to rule against NewzBin.

We actually got rid of categories well before the lawsuit went through. First we just stopped shipping with them pre-fetched, but left a "fetch categories" button. Then we nuked that as well. Not entirely sure why people care so much about categories, since they were 100% tied to Newzbin, which has been poo poo for ages.

In other news, SABnzbd recently cracked 3 million downloads via Sourceforge. It took us just under 4 years, and the most recent million took about 10 months.

In other other news, moving to GitHub has had the intended effect of bringing in more collaborators. Thanks to the easier method to contribute code, 0.7 will have a systray icon for Windows, and the config screens will be completely overhauled and unified, two features which have been LONG overdue.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

inpheaux posted:

We actually got rid of categories well before the lawsuit went through. First we just stopped shipping with them pre-fetched, but left a "fetch categories" button. Then we nuked that as well. Not entirely sure why people care so much about categories, since they were 100% tied to Newzbin, which has been poo poo for ages.

Now that the categories are gone and things are going into a simple "download" folder, i'm thinking the same myself. Even with sickbeard I ended up just navigating to the individual files and moved them to a single folder on an external drive to use on the ps3.

I guess I thought that since I just got a 2TB HDD I was going to maybe store a lot more stuff instead of using and deleting and that's where auto category's would come into play. But that's not really happened yet. :/

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

inpheaux posted:

In other news, SABnzbd recently cracked 3 million downloads via Sourceforge. It took us just under 4 years, and the most recent million took about 10 months.

In other other news, moving to GitHub has had the intended effect of bringing in more collaborators. Thanks to the easier method to contribute code, 0.7 will have a systray icon for Windows, and the config screens will be completely overhauled and unified, two features which have been LONG overdue.

It's pretty amazing how quickly things came together after the project got resurrected, it's not said enough but everyone really appreciates all of the hard work. I remember what a pain in the rear end it was before SAB and with the previous author's difficulties.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

inpheaux posted:

Not entirely sure why people care so much about categories, since they were 100% tied to Newzbin, which has been poo poo for ages.

They still work just fine here and I haven't used Newzbin in ages. nzbdstatus seems to support them on every site I use, so it's nice to have different content get put in different places and more importantly run different postproc scripts per category (sabtosickbeard, autojoiner for split movies, etc.).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

wolrah posted:

They still work just fine here and I haven't used Newzbin in ages. nzbdstatus seems to support them on every site I use, so it's nice to have different content get put in different places and more importantly run different postproc scripts per category (sabtosickbeard, autojoiner for split movies, etc.).

Yeah, I have separate categories for movies so that CP can deal with them, TV shows so that Sickbeard can do its thing, music and music videos. The less amount of time I have to spend moving files around a directory structure, the better.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

EC posted:

Yeah, I have separate categories for movies so that CP can deal with them, TV shows so that Sickbeard can do its thing, music and music videos. The less amount of time I have to spend moving files around a directory structure, the better.

This. NZBs.org used the same category divisions, which made automated use of third-party apps much easier.

I don't mind doing it manually, but what's the proper division for multiple tags? Commas? Spaces? Simple question, but it's hung me up for a while.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

inpheaux posted:

In other other news, moving to GitHub has had the intended effect of bringing in more collaborators.

Wtf, I didn't know this happened.

I may hack on the code a bit now. Never did before because I was too lazy to use anything other than Github.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Thermopyle posted:

Wtf, I didn't know this happened.

I may hack on the code a bit now. Never did before because I was too lazy to use anything other than Github.

https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd "master" is 0.6.x, "develop" is 0.7.x-pre.

We haven't officially announced it yet because we've not really gotten rolling with our git-based release procedure, but we're working on it.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

td4guy posted:

I don't mean actually use them just to delete them once the nzb has been processed. It's annoying to go in to a directory and find a bunch of srr files strewn about.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Ashex posted:

I don't mean actually use them just to delete them once the nzb has been processed. It's annoying to go in to a directory and find a bunch of srr files strewn about.

Confgi > General > Tuning > Cleanup List. Add .srr there and they'll be deleted!

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Has anyone run into the problem of SAB periodically not serving up the web interface? The only solution I've found is to restart SAB, then it starts working again. It happens a few times a day.

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 and everything that goes along with it (SAB, sickbeard, couch potato) and it's mostly working just as before except for this problem.

To begin I was just running the exe, then I installed it as a service to see if it solved the problem. Then I tried unticking multicore PAR. Checking the log file after it stops responding reveals nothing to me - when I restart the service the log file shows that everything is halted and restarted as gracefully as you'd expect.

This leads me to believe that the SAB core is generally still working OK except for whatever serves up the web pages. Would anyone have any ideas of what to try next?

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

EC posted:

Confgi > General > Tuning > Cleanup List. Add .srr there and they'll be deleted!

Thank you for that tip! It's quite apparent a lot of features have been added since I last used it.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
What's the process for updating SAB on windows? Do I uninstall first and then reinstall, or do I just go over top? I have some scripts and stuff set up and I'd prefer not to lose it all, but that update button is taunting me.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

ambushsabre posted:

What's the process for updating SAB on windows? Do I uninstall first and then reinstall, or do I just go over top? I have some scripts and stuff set up and I'd prefer not to lose it all, but that update button is taunting me.

Grab the Windows Binaries, unzip them over your existing install. Make sure you shut down the app first.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
This is probably a stupid question, but all the documentation I can find on this are from forum threads from 2009 and nothing seems relevant anymore. Basically, I've got a MacBook Pro that I use as a HTPC running Boxee and it's just a hair too slow to play back HD videos while sabnzbd is running, especially when it decides to start doing par checks and un-raring. What do I need to do to run sabnzbd at the absolute lowest priority on my machine?

eames
May 9, 2009

io_burn posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but all the documentation I can find on this are from forum threads from 2009 and nothing seems relevant anymore. Basically, I've got a MacBook Pro that I use as a HTPC running Boxee and it's just a hair too slow to play back HD videos while sabnzbd is running, especially when it decides to start doing par checks and un-raring. What do I need to do to run sabnzbd at the absolute lowest priority on my machine?

Which OS are you talking about?
If it is OS X, you could try to renice the python/sabnzbd processes via the terminal (man renice) or an UI application: http://www.macupdate.com/find/mac/renice/date

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
renicing a process only affects its process scheduling, not its I/O scheduling. Not sure what you can do there to throttle I/O / IOPS from a process, but every solution I know involves having the program itself throttle I/O in some manner either through mechanisms like bandwidth throttling or delaying certain I/O intensive behaviors to a set schedule. So renicing will work alright if the problem is the PAR taking up a lot of CPU, but it won't do much to help if the hard drive is the bottleneck during load (sounds likely given it's a laptop hard drive).

Come to think of it, I'm kinda concerned now for my own build based on an HP Microserver to run sabnzbd and friends with XBMC on the same box because the AMD processor in there would probably choke while running a PAR check while a movie plays back even with GPU acceleration helping.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

necrobobsledder posted:

renicing a process only affects its process scheduling, not its I/O scheduling.
This is correct, and why ionice exists. Unfortunately, ionice doesn't exist for OSX.

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

I have a feature request.

When newzbin watchdog sends me an email, the url is shortened to http://www.newzbin.com/6112946/. When I blindly copy and paste the URL into the add box, it complains that it failed and that it is an unusable NZB file. Think this shorthand (skipping the /browse/post/ part of http://www.newzbin.com/browse/post/6112946/) could be supported?

code:
http://www.newzbin.com/6112946/ - URL Fetching failed; Unusable NZB file, Try again

Polluxx Troy
Mar 12, 2005

...authorities here are on alert...
I cannot get Sickbeard to correctly download to TV folders. I've turned off "Enable TV sorting" in SAB and I have post processing in SB pointing to my TV folder (D:\TV Shows) in the TV Download Dir section.

No matter what I do, TV shows stay in my C:\Temp folder (which the folder that SAB downloads everything to).

This used to work before i flattened and reinstalled, so it must be a setting I can't figure out.

BnT
Mar 10, 2006

Polluxx Troy posted:

I cannot get Sickbeard to correctly download to TV folders. I've turned off "Enable TV sorting" in SAB and I have post processing in SB pointing to my TV folder (D:\TV Shows) in the TV Download Dir section.

No matter what I do, TV shows stay in my C:\Temp folder (which the folder that SAB downloads everything to).

This used to work before i flattened and reinstalled, so it must be a setting I can't figure out.

TV Download Dir should be C:\Temp in your case, or wherever SAB is leaving Sickbeard-related downloads. Think of TV Download Dir as your "incoming" folder for Sickbeard. The final destination for TV Shows (D:\TV Shows) is selected for each show when you added it to Sickbeard.

Polluxx Troy
Mar 12, 2005

...authorities here are on alert...

BnT posted:

TV Download Dir should be C:\Temp in your case, or wherever SAB is leaving Sickbeard-related downloads. Think of TV Download Dir as your "incoming" folder for Sickbeard. The final destination for TV Shows (D:\TV Shows) is selected for each show when you added it to Sickbeard.

I forgot to mention that i had it set up that way, too. And the files stayed in that folder (did I miss a step in SB post-processing)?

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
Does the "Any" quality setting in SickBeard download the highest available when it searches?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

ambushsabre posted:

Does the "Any" quality setting in SickBeard download the highest available when it searches?

As far as I can tell, no its pretty random.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

ambushsabre posted:

You will have take me at my word on this since I do not have the link handy but I read a thread recently where the dev basically said the initial search will find the first matching file of any of the qualities selected. So in other words if you have any selected as a quality then its going to be a crapshoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
edit2: Does anyone know how to change the default permissions SickBeard is giving files/folders? It created a folder for the 2nd season of a show I'm watching, but I can't access it from Windows, it keeps telling me I don't have permission. I'm using unRAID 5.0beta12a, just moved SickBeard over today, my share settings for that particular User Share are public, and it's only the folder that SickBeard created that's giving me a problem. I don't want this to continue to be an issue as SickBeard processes more of my shows.

I think this: http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=152&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars has the answer to my problem, but I don't know how to edit the required information in without messing something up.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 11, 2011