Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

guiguiBob posted:

Is it Dutch in Florida?

And Italy attempting to hop to India?

Also can Burgundy form some kind of France thing, they're getting there slowly?

Yes, yes and yes Burgundy can form France.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
Zhen doesn't seem to be doing to well.

I do hope they triumph though.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

LordBaxter posted:

So after russia stops guaranteeing armenia and we annex it and kurdistan where next?

I say that if we can inherit Morocco, we need to try our hand at colonization. May the Azeri-Moor Dual Sultanate live for a hundred generations!

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day

Triskelli posted:

I say that if we can inherit Morocco, we need to try our hand at colonization. May the Azeri-Moor Dual Sultanate live for a hundred generations!

If we inherit morocco we're probably going to have overextension for a while. All those uncored territories without a land connection...

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

LordBaxter posted:

If we inherit morocco we're probably going to have overextension for a while. All those uncored territories without a land connection...

Don't we gain cores in the minor partner territory if we inherit from a Personal Union?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Magrov posted:

Don't we gain cores in the minor partner territory if we inherit from a Personal Union?

Only if they're in our culture group, which they're not.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
More than likely if we inherit Morocco, we will have a vassal named Morocco soon afterward.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Armenia's gobbling up the Byzantine Empire. This isn't good for us.

Another thing: did "personal unions" as we know them even exist in the Early Modern Muslim world?

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Pakled posted:

Another thing: did "personal unions" as we know them even exist in the Early Modern Muslim world?
No.

They only existed in Europe.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pakled posted:

You could argue the Ottomans had a union going with Algeria, since the Ottoman ruler was technically monarch of Algeria but the area was otherwise self-ruling. It's really a european concept though.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Time for a De-reconquista to show the Espanynese how to tolerate muslims.

On a similar note, is the reformation still going strong?

az
Dec 2, 2005

How powerful do you think the Russian Empire is/will be?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
This is a test:

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 7, 2011

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Test 2:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
And test 3:

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Is that a Dutch Florida?

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

We could beat up Cherson. If the Russians want their warm-water port in Azov, they'd best remember who their best friends are. :black101:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i guess questions are fun for you, right? I could wait until your world update but it seems like that's not how it goes. what happened to the weird zimbabwean empire on the indian ocean coast? whoever it is, i'm assuming a rebel, is getting after zimbabwe as well. i recommend a random storyline involving the legacies of that in future thanks

your new world mods are great for historicism, you're good at this

Servant
Aug 3, 2010

... so you see, following that the will of the People cannot be reasonably interpreted down to the individual level, a legitimate government should operate purely through coin-flips...

oystertoadfish posted:

i guess questions are fun for you, right? I could wait until your world update but it seems like that's not how it goes. what happened to the weird zimbabwean empire on the indian ocean coast?
From what I heard in IRC, that weird empire was Mutapa, it was a tribal empire that expanded and expanded until it suffered a Tribal Succession Crisis (in vanilla, it occurs after the death of every Tribal leader once you get above a certain size; in WizMod it only occurs if a King is fairly incompetent, with a very low MIL, DIP, and ADMIN score).

A Tribal Succession Crisis spawns lots of rebels. These rebels led to the independence of Shawili (the country Mutapa first conquered), splitting the Mutapa empire into two, the northern territories in Ethiopia, and the southern territories in native Mutapa. Later on, the northern territories declared independence as well, leading to the end of the golden age of Mutapa.

I'm really disappointed too.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Is it just me or is colonization happening WAY too fast?

It's only 1550 and we already got a lot of the new world taken over.

This tech speed range is kind of ridiculous.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Servant posted:

From what I heard in IRC, that weird empire was Mutapa, it was a tribal empire that expanded and expanded until it suffered a Tribal Succession Crisis (in vanilla, it occurs after the death of every Tribal leader once you get above a certain size; in WizMod it only occurs if a King is fairly incompetent, with a very low MIL, DIP, and ADMIN score).

A Tribal Succession Crisis spawns lots of rebels. These rebels led to the independence of Shawili (the country Mutapa first conquered), splitting the Mutapa empire into two, the northern territories in Ethiopia, and the southern territories in native Mutapa. Later on, the northern territories declared independence as well, leading to the end of the golden age of Mutapa.

I'm really disappointed too.

To be fair, a tribal empire ruling Sudan out of Zimbabwe is patently unstable.

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day

SolidPolonium posted:

Is it just me or is colonization happening WAY too fast?

It's only 1550 and we already got a lot of the new world taken over.

This tech speed range is kind of ridiculous.

From glancing at a map of colonization of the americas it appears that this level of colonization is 100 years too early.

Also that large purple blob in siberia/the middle east/china looks like it's very happy about eating india.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I've got to say, I'm really liking the AI balance in your mod, Wiz. (Or at least in this game.) There are quite a few Great Powers either formed or forming, but no really crazy blobbing, and a nice range of everything from OPMs to regional powers. The borders are also REALLY nice all around - Burgundy was a bit awkward in the last few updates as it snaked over France but it's grown thicker (and almost worryingly strong :ohdear:), and most of the surrounded minors we've seen around have tended to getting swallowed quickly. The only really silly thing I see is that Chinese state split in three enclaves, and hopefully the Zhen's campaigning will take care of them.

^^^^^^

I do agree though that colonisation is WAY ahead of the timetable. That's not inherently bad, but I don't see any particular reason why in this world it would go so fast.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

oystertoadfish posted:

your new world mods are great for historicism, you're good at this

Historicism is boring, which is why we should strike while the iron is hot and take Azeri Korea.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Who owns the islands north of Japan? And what is that tiny purple speck on Java?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Colonization being ahead of schedule isn't too big of a deal to me. What matters are those beautiful borders in the new world :swoon:

the remnants of Native American states are a bit messy, but everything else looks great.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

sniper4625 posted:

Vote Counting innovation continues. Prepare for the latest and greatest methods for the next vote!

Test:

Oooo what is the name of this font? I have a thing for collecting pretty fonts. :allears:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Whizbang posted:

Historicism is boring, which is why we should strike while the iron is hot and take Azeri Korea.

and like the poster above said this is a bit early for extensive colonization/zimbabwe didnt conquer the african coast in the 1500s/insert specific ideosyncracy here. historishism maybe

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Wiz posted:

and yes Burgundy can form France.
Huh, I'd think Burgundy would be quite a bit less French in this timeline. It's not like in IRL where it was just a random dukedom that the king of France gave to his younger son and then only ended up acquiring non-french areas relatively late.

French is probably still the court language in Bourgogne, but I would have expected them to develop their own identity by now.

e; But I guess that can be said of many unifications in the game.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Oct 7, 2011

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Kainser posted:

Huh, I'd think Burgundy would be quite a bit less French in this timeline. It's not like in IRL where it was just a random dukedom that the king of France gave to his younger son and then only ended up acquiring non-french areas relatively late.

French is probably still the court language in Bourgogne, but I would have expected them to develop their own identity by now.

e; But I guess that can be said of many unifications in the game.

The French crown, due to its age, is considerably more prestigious.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Riso posted:

The French crown, due to its age, is considerably more prestigious.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Burgundy

The Burgundian crown is older, and the LP Burgundy heartland is in exactly the same area. Yes, the late antique Burgundians had little to do with these Burgundians, but it's not like the Franks had much in common with the French.

e; The French crown is probably still more prestigious, but not due to age.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Oct 7, 2011

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
Now that we have Morocco, the obvious thing to do is liberate al-Andalus. :hist101:

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

Now that we have Morocco, the obvious thing to do is liberate al-Andalus. :hist101:

Are there still Muslims there?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Wiz posted:

Date. It looks like Japan is gonna come down to a Date vs Ikko Ikki fight for who gets to unify.

I'll be so upset if the Ikko-Ikki lose. :(

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
What with our military sultan having nowhere to expand, perhaps we could take advantage of this momentary personal union to invade those Africans inside Morocco's borders and obtain ourselves a little colony.

It also looks like Armenia are growing extremely strong into the remnants of Nicaea. Oh dear. Can Armenia form Byzantium if they take thrace?

I still think we should expand into Cherson.

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 7, 2011

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Is that a Dutch Florida?

It can't turn out worse than modern Florida! :v:

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

It's a shame Western Europe is finally blobbing but I guess it was inevitable.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Peel posted:

It's a shame Western Europe is finally blobbing but I guess it was inevitable.

Just wait for the revolutions. And Wiz might've incentivized the AI creating vassals during wars, or stuff like that. Who knows!

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Slaan posted:

It can't turn out worse than modern Florida! :v:

poo poo, Dutch Florida is probably way better then modern Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3
Florida Oranjes

• Locked thread