Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

Wiz posted:

By the way, when complaining that colonization is too fast, try to mind that a lot of the territory that shows as colonized on the map is still just colonies, not cities. Also the new world is setup to be discovered around 1450 in this timeline, as opposed to 1492. There's no specific historical reason that the discovery of America could only happen in 1492.

Besides, by 1550 OTL most of the non-rainforest parts of southamerica were explored and claimed in the name of the spanish king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dr. Tough posted:

How long has France been broken up?

They collapsed in the 1200s.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
Could I get a close-in screenshot of Japan and China? I want to see what kind of wars are going on there.

Thanks.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Onwards to Armenia, ever onwards!

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
You said that Cherokee had modernized. If so, how did the Creek manage to take so much of their land?

How much of India is still Hindu? Does Mughal still have a Hindu minority?

What's the light purple country nestled between French Britain, Gascony, and Burgundy?

And why on earth hasn't Qurighar conquered Kazakh yet?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Viola the Mad posted:

You said that Cherokee had modernized. If so, how did the Creek manage to take so much of their land?

How much of India is still Hindu? Does Mughal still have a Hindu minority?

What's the light purple country nestled between French Britain, Gascony, and Burgundy?

And why on earth hasn't Qurighar conquered Kazakh yet?

Creek took that land before Cherokee modernized.

The only Muslim state in India is Mughals, so all of it except the Mughal bits. Mughals still have a significant Hindu minority.

Anjou.

EU3 AI. :v:

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Here are close-ups of China and Japan + some bonus shots of New World.

Don't mind "Nya Skåne", it was named before I added some better names for Norwegian colonies. Already renamed it in the save.

Wiz fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 7, 2011

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Wiz posted:

Here are close-ups of China and Japan + some bonus shots of New World.

Don't mind "Nya Skåne", it was named before I added some better names for Norwegian colonies. Already renamed it in the save.

Awesome, thanks.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

sniper4625 posted:

Onwards to Armenia, ever onwards!

Stop changing your vote! You'll break the new counting spreadsheet! Rememeber: The spreadsheet warranty is void if exposed to water, affected by acts of God or Gods, abnormal conditions. Abuse, fire, flood, misuse, negligence, modification, corrosive environments and vandalism also void the warranty.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Magrov posted:

Stop changing your vote! You'll break the new counting spreadsheet! Rememeber: The spreadsheet warranty is void if exposed to water, affected by acts of God or Gods, abnormal conditions. Abuse, fire, flood, misuse, negligence, modification, corrosive environments and vandalism also void the warranty.

Just testing the new icon hosting. Everything works great!

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Is Armenian in our cultural group and how does cultural/religious conversion work and how long will it take due to our tolerant nature?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rejected Fate posted:

Is Armenian in our cultural group and how does cultural/religious conversion work and how long will it take due to our tolerant nature?

No, they're in the Byzantine group. Culture conversion will be incredibly slow because of our tolerant NIs, I doubt we'll convert more than a province or two max unless we use settlement policies. Religious conversion doesn't happen on its own and we can't use missionaries because we're too innovative to get any.

On the other hand, if we get Ecumenism and LEF and a conmon, there won't really be a point to converting anyone.

vv Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Culture conversion is basically not gonna happen unless we settlement policy then.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Rejected Fate posted:

Armenian is in the Byzantine Group with Greek and Georgian.

There is no cultural conversion for wrong religion provinces and we can't convert people because we have no missionaries for being on the Innovative side of the Innovative-Narrowminded scale

EDIT: But all of this depends on Wiz not changing vanilla mechanics, which he did. :v:

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Culture conversion is largely the same as vanilla, only slower and the superfast melting pots are not so superfast.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Can you post a diplomatic map of Ikko Ikki and Date? I'm interested in who's most likely to form Japan.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jeoh posted:

Can you post a diplomatic map of Ikko Ikki and Date? I'm interested in who's most likely to form Japan.

They're both just allied with a couple OPMs each.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Nice to see that we're guaranteeing Quirghar. If Russia and Quirgahr ever get into a war you know what side you're supposed to enter in on. :colbert:

Also hoping the Cherokee last on until Victoria and forever. And that they develop a Shia Mormon religion in Victoria 2

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

NihilCredo posted:

Mali is richer and has higher Trade Efficiency than Mega-Netherlands? :psyduck:

Mega? The LP's timeline features the Netherlands as it should have been rather than the two rump states with arbitrary borders that we have today.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I dunno about the Holland-Dutch names for colonies, the Netherlands in this LP did form out of Flanders, which has the same language but a different use of words.

On the other hand, Flanders/Belgium never really colonized outside of Belgian Congo, so coming up with names would be pretty hard.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Proposition Joe posted:

Nice to see that we're guaranteeing Quirghar. If Russia and Quirgahr ever get into a war you know what side you're supposed to enter in on. :colbert:

Also hoping the Cherokee last on until Victoria and forever. And that they develop a Shia Mormon religion in Victoria 2

Actually they're guaranteeing us.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

nimby posted:

I dunno about the Holland-Dutch names for colonies, the Netherlands in this LP did form out of Flanders, which has the same language but a different use of words.

On the other hand, Flanders/Belgium never really colonized outside of Belgian Congo, so coming up with names would be pretty hard.

I'm not gonna add a whole set of new colony names for Flemish. If you want to do it, by all means.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

nimby posted:

I think some people are approaching this rather anachronistically. Flanders refers strictly and exclusively to the actual county of Flanders in this timeline, since the rift between the Southern and the Northern Netherlands never occurred. While West-Flemish colony names could potentially be hilarious, we should just use general Dutch nomenclature with perhaps a focus on Flemish place names such as Bruges and Ghent.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
e: never mind.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how the colonization ends up in India and beyond.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 7, 2011

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Wiz posted:

Actually they're guaranteeing us.

Well we should guarantee Quirghar, not only because Quirghar owns but also because Russia is guaranteeing Armenia.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Wiz posted:

I'm not gonna add a whole set of new colony names for Flemish. If you want to do it, by all means.

Meh, knowing us Flemish/Belgians it'd all just be "Nieuw-Vlaanderen" and "Vlaamsch Amerika".

Phlegmish, there's going to be some divide at least, Flanders was independent for a few centuries and fought/conquered the other Dutch nations. There's even a similar religious divide (although it's not christian/protestant). Anyway, I'm terrible at alt-history and will let you guys get on with the show :)

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Kainser posted:

e: never mind.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how the colonization ends up in India and beyond.

I'm hoping at the very least the Mughals are able to stand against any colonialists in their areas, although I've no idea how Indian nations fare in colonialism in Paradox game or if Wizmod will give them a better chance.

I wonder how the Mughal sliders are, though. From what little I know of the Mughals OTL the impression I get is that they were a pretty brutal regime. What do their sliders indicate about this timeline's Mughals?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Proposition Joe posted:

Well we should guarantee Quirghar, not only because Quirghar owns but also because Russia is guaranteeing Armenia.
World War 1; Caucasus anno 1550 edition.

e;

nimby posted:

Phlegmish, there's going to be some divide at least, Flanders was independent for a few centuries and fought/conquered the other Dutch nations. There's even a similar religious divide (although it's not christian/protestant). Anyway, I'm terrible at alt-history and will let you guys get on with the show :)
Yeah, there will definitely still be a south/north divide due to various reasons.

gemuse
Oct 13, 2005
What are the conditions for forming France and how far is Burgundy from fulfilling them? And will they get cores on Gascony and Brittany?

Could you post the tech levels of the major players? The screenshot in the update is just full of the usual European OPMs.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

nimby posted:

Phlegmish, there's going to be some divide at least, Flanders was independent for a few centuries and fought/conquered the other Dutch nations. There's even a similar religious divide (although it's not christian/protestant).

I think in real life it was actually Brabant rather than Flanders that was dominant both economically and lingustically at this point in history. There is no reason for Holland, on the other hand, to ever develop beyond the relative backwater that it was during the Middle Ages.

In any case, though it might not make much sense, I don't think anyone will be mortally offended if this LP's Netherlands is inspired by today's Northern Netherlands for simplicity's sake. It's just fun to sperge about.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Rejected Fate posted:

I wonder how the Mughal sliders are, though. From what little I know of the Mughals OTL the impression I get is that they were a pretty brutal regime. What do their sliders indicate about this timeline's Mughals?

The IRL Mughals were actually pretty remarkably tolerant of Hinduism (especially compared to previous Islamic states in India), but they were also highly militaristic. So...you can go either way there.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Kainser posted:

Yeah, there will definitely still be a south/north divide due to various reasons.

Other than Dutch/Low Franconian being almost a minority language above the Moerdijk, I don't see why that would be the case.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Phlegmish posted:

Other than Dutch/Low Franconian being almost a minority language above the Moerdijk, I don't see why that would be the case.
The obvious religious divide and the fact that most trade and capital flows through the recently conquered Friesland.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I really want to see us move back towards forming Arabia. Our unique religion has not been as big of a role in EU3, and it is just a shame.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Phlegmish posted:

I think in real life it was actually Brabant rather than Flanders that was dominant both economically and lingustically at this point in history. There is no reason for Holland, on the other hand, to ever develop beyond the relative backwater that it was during the Middle Ages.

In any case, though it might not make much sense, I don't think anyone will be mortally offended if this LP's Netherlands is inspired by today's Northern Netherlands for simplicity's sake. It's just fun to sperge about.

If anyone IS mortally offended by it, they can make a colony name file for Flemish and I will include it in WizMOD. I'm not gonna do it myself though.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Snipee posted:

I really want to see us move back towards forming Arabia. Our unique religion has not been as big of a role in EU3, and it is just a shame.

We aren't Arabic, how would that make sense?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Kainser posted:

The obvious religious divide and the fact that most trade and capital flows through the recently conquered Friesland.

Today's religious divide is nothing more than the result of the outcome of the Eighty Years' War. Flanders and Brabant (particularly Antwerp) were hotbeds of Protestantism, first Lutheranism and later Calvinism. In fact, the Iconoclastic Fury (Beeldenstorm) in which churches were sacked and Catholic imagery destroyed started in Steenvoorde, which is in modern-day French Flanders, and spread throughout the rest of the Netherlands from there.

On the other hand, it is true that in the Dutch Republic Noord-Brabant and Nederlands-Limburg remained principally Catholic. I wonder how that came to be.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

On the other hand, it is true that in the Dutch Republic Noord-Brabant and Nederlands-Limburg remained principally Catholic. I wonder how that came to be.

No they're animist, Africa starts beneath the Rhine.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Let's see, our current ruler is a military minded leader, with no wars to fight... Maybe we can try and restore Azerbaijan to its past glory by conquering/owning Syria once more! :smug:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Looks like Korea's gotten itself involved with that mess in China. It's fought in an alliance of kingdoms against Zhen. I don't think that's gonna go well for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I'd like to see the Dutch spread out across Europe, especially considering how weak France is right now, become a powerful European power.

• Locked thread